Audison Bit One - From Genius to Junk! - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 112 ARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enough

Default Audison Bit One - From Genius to Junk!

My review boils down to a simple experience. I went from being on top of the world thinking I had found the perfect product for my system, to actually buying the Audison Bit One....to finding out there were major problems with my Bit One. Major...MAJOR alt. whine....and digital beeping commonly referred to on this forum as the infamous Digital Morse Code. Audison / Elettromedia USA talked to me directly about this unit and acknowledged that they knew of the issues and were working on them. They agreed to allow me to return the unit for a new one. I did this and today I got my new unit back from Elettromedia and had a whole new renewed level of excitement as I plugged her back into my brand new 1200w install (see my sig below for a diagram of my system and all of its components).

Boy was I surprised that the new unit not only had the exact same issue as the original unit, but it was even worse on this unit. Additionally, when I went to plug the USB port from my computer to the DRC unit, instantly there was a pop and the volume level of the digital beeping and the alt whine were MASSIVELY amplified four fold with no other adjustments made to the system at that moment.

I have posted two new You Tube videos to record my exact experiences.

And before you go and try to diagnosis my system, its alt whine and the digital beeping, please hold your breathe and your thoughts. I have spent many hours isolating the system, testing, experimenting, etc. It IS the Bit One. Audison KNOWS it is the Bit One.....end of story. If you want to discuss the Bit One here is a thread with almost 800 posts worth of discussion: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ke-nap-31.html

My recommendation is to NOT BUY A BIT ONE! Here is my video evidence of why not to buy a Bit One.

Part 1 of 2
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Part 2 of 2
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

ARCuhTEK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2009   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 112 ARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Audison Bit One - From Genius to Junk!

How about an entirely new issue just discovered a few moments ago. Totally new design flaw.

When I do an initial install of the Bit One (software already installed on laptop)...so technically this is the initial "setup" of the unit....and I am controlling the Bit One from the laptop the system sounds great (yes the whine and Beep are there) but if I touch even one button.....of any kind on the Bit One software my entire left stage drops out. No sound from the tweeter or midbass. NONE. As if I dont even have speakers.

I can reinitialize the Bit One (restore factory settings) and shut the software down. Turn the system off...etc. Turn system back on....Bit One back on, the start over with a new set up. The system sounds fine.....touch one button and boom the left stage drops out again.

Old 03-20-2009   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Double Bogey

Old 03-21-2009   #4

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Electrosila
Position:
owner

Rep Power: 102 Mixagolf1 will become famous soon enoughMixagolf1 will become famous soon enoughMixagolf1 will become famous soon enoughMixagolf1 will become famous soon enoughMixagolf1 will become famous soon enoughMixagolf1 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via ICQ to Mixagolf1

Damn!
I can see that origin of morse code is a Bit One, but engine whine can be from another source.. Anyway, they replaced old unit with a new one and you have the same problems? Check the number of the unit and if both are from the same party the reason can be some manufacturing issue.
Let them change it again.
I work as Elletromedia dealer for a long time and there was absolutely no problem with warranty questions. I had couple of Srx amps with ground issues, Dieci series 13 coaxials, one Lrx amp and all was solved under warranty and a customers were satisfied. Contact Elletromedia again and help them to solve a problem
Mixagolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2009   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixagolf1 View Post
Damn!
I can see that origin of morse code is a Bit One, but engine whine can be from another source.. Anyway, they replaced old unit with a new one and you have the same problems? Check the number of the unit and if both are from the same party the reason can be some manufacturing issue.
Let them change it again.
I work as Elletromedia dealer for a long time and there was absolutely no problem with warranty questions. I had couple of Srx amps with ground issues, Dieci series 13 coaxials, one Lrx amp and all was solved under warranty and a customers were satisfied. Contact Elletromedia again and help them to solve a problem
As stated in my fist post...the alt whine is sourced to the Bit One without question. I will call Elettromedia again as they were easy to deal with. However, I will be asking much tougher questions this time. My first inclination is to ask for a refund, but I will let them plead their case.

You mentioned checking the number of the unit, same party etc. Can you elaborate. I have the SN from each unit, but I have no idea how to decipher what that means in terms of point of origin.

Thanks,

Old 03-21-2009   #6

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 103 JayHRC51 will become famous soon enoughJayHRC51 will become famous soon enoughJayHRC51 will become famous soon enoughJayHRC51 will become famous soon enoughJayHRC51 will become famous soon enoughJayHRC51 will become famous soon enough

Wow, that is some pretty ridiculous noise! That's unfortunate because in theory, that unit would be one of the best things to happen to Car audio in a long time. It looks like the execution of that idea is less than desirable though.

'07 Mercedes C230 Sport
JayHRC51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2009   #7

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 110 thbugman will become famous soon enoughthbugman will become famous soon enoughthbugman will become famous soon enoughthbugman will become famous soon enoughthbugman will become famous soon enoughthbugman will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to thbugman Send a message via Yahoo to thbugman

Tek, that really makes me think twice about opening my BNIB BitOne. Do i tear my stuff down to install it. Or leave it! hmmmmph
thbugman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2009   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 114 mSaLL150 will become famous soon enoughmSaLL150 will become famous soon enoughmSaLL150 will become famous soon enoughmSaLL150 will become famous soon enoughmSaLL150 will become famous soon enoughmSaLL150 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to mSaLL150

That is a horrible whine. I guess Audison was too quick to release this bad boy. Everybody had such high hopes. Hopefully they can fix the problems or get v2 perfect.

Revving the engine made me laugh pretty good.

2013 Focus ST - In Progress! - MyFordTouch - Audison - Phoenix Gold - Scanspeak - Dayton - Stereo Integrity
mSaLL150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2009   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Yeah the noise with the rev makes me laugh too....well kinda. I wanted to show the RPM gauge to demonstrate how loud it is even without revving....and how much louder it gets. When I am driving down the road, normal cruising RPM is about 2800-3500. At that point the whine is just stupid. I wanted to show those ranges on the video.

As for anyone with a Bit One in the package, I would send it back. But of course, you cannot claim any issues with an unopened Bit One, so I would be curious as to a retailers stance on taking a unit back "just because." You can quote the known issues, but that does not mean your unit has the problems.

Old 03-21-2009   #10

Importer / Exporter

Rep Power: 5000 imjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond repute

The alt whine is Bit One based. I help a friend with one and he had the alt whine problem with the Bit One then when we replaced the Bit One with an Alpine H701 (a known noisy unit) and the alt whine went completely away. Nothing was any different than the processor, same RCA's, power, ground, & remote Wire were all the same with both units. Only the Bit One produced alternator whine. He also sent his back to get a replacement only to have the same problems. When first hooked up there were no noised then the whine came back first, then the morse code started and it only went down from there. VERY downhill.
imjustjason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2009   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

When I left my truck last night, the Bit One had dropped the entire left signal path to the tweeter and mid bass. Keep in mind, each driver is connected to different amps, so it is not the amps. I changed nothing. I shut the system down in disqust.

When I started the truck today....the Bit One is on....the Hu is on....all three amps are on.....NO SOUND AT ALL.....NONE....nothing is muted..etc. I have a center channel connected directly to the HU high level outputs, which I use to have conversations with on my cell phone (only). The Speaker is toggled switched, so it is not on during any of my testing or in the videos.

With no sound....I just had to toggle my center channel on since it has no amps or Bit One to travel through....and wouldnt you know it....no issues. Sound was nice and clear.

So my Bit One is going VERY downhill as well.

I think it is time Audison stepped up to the plate and admitted there are major issues with this product.

TOTAL FAIL!

Old 03-21-2009   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 122 braves6117 will become famous soon enoughbraves6117 will become famous soon enoughbraves6117 will become famous soon enoughbraves6117 will become famous soon enoughbraves6117 will become famous soon enoughbraves6117 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCuhTEK View Post

I think it is time Audison stepped up to the plate and admitted there are major issues with this product.

TOTAL FAIL!
Agreed. I contacted a buddy yesterday that was giving the bit one a shot last week and what do you know, he now has whine and morse code....

I wonder who is supervising electromedia's customer service.... Audison has been known to have great, no questions asked, customer service and I feel they wouldn't just keep turning around faulty products unless they were instructed too by the top dog.

They aren't stupid, and the repair techs and quality control guys know whether or not the unit being sent and received is in fact defective...

Maybe the in house guys just don't want to risk their jobs by admitting a huge problem the top dog is trying to fix meanwhile....

Audison/Usher/Morel/Dyn/IDQ
braves6117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2009   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 155 Weightless will become famous soon enoughWeightless will become famous soon enoughWeightless will become famous soon enoughWeightless will become famous soon enoughWeightless will become famous soon enoughWeightless will become famous soon enough

It sounds as if the morse code noise is coming from the controller. It goes away when you control the unit with the software and comes back when you are controlling it with the physical controller.

I bet the morse code noise is induced from the communication data between the controller and the actual unit.

Sorry to hear there are so many bad things happening with this unit.

I would send it back again and if it fails, I would demand my money back.

Good luck!
Weightless is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2009   #14

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Electrosila
Position:
owner

Rep Power: 102 Mixagolf1 will become famous soon enoughMixagolf1 will become famous soon enoughMixagolf1 will become famous soon enoughMixagolf1 will become famous soon enoughMixagolf1 will become famous soon enoughMixagolf1 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via ICQ to Mixagolf1

Quote:
You mentioned checking the number of the unit, same party etc. Can you elaborate.
The "party" is a wrong word.(English is not my native language) I meant "manufacturing series", if both your units have serial numbers that are close to each other then maybe all that serie has this problem. Anyway, this is their problem, not yours.

Another tip: guys from Russian forum have similar problem too (whines, no morse code) and there is no whine when the DRC is disconnected (electrically).
Maybe, it catches whines with connecting Wire somehow?

Link to forum in Russian: Audison Bit One - Page 8 -

2007 VW Golf TDI with Alpine iXA-W404R+Alpine DHA-S680+ Audison Bit One +Audison Vrx 6.420EX + Hertz MLK165 + ???
Mixagolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2009   #15

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 25977 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustjason View Post
The alt whine is Bit One based. I helped a friend with one and he had the alt whine problem with the Bit One then when we replaced the Bit One with an Alpine H701 (a known noisy unit) and the alt whine went completely away. Nothing was any different than the processor, same RCA's, power, ground, & remote Wire were all the same with both units. Only the Bit One produced alternator whine. He also sent his back to get a replacement only to have the same problems. When first hooked up there were no noised then the whine came back first, then the morse code started and it only went down from there. VERY downhill.
I am said friend.

I concur.

What's more fucked up is that the first unit I had was actually better than the 'replacement' I got back.

-- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
http://medleysmusings.com/

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2009   #16

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 25977 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weightless View Post

I would send it back again and if it fails, I would demand my money back.

I sent audison my SECOND unit last Tuesday. It shouldn't have even gotten that far.

Quote:
instantly there was a pop and the volume level of the digital beeping and the alt whine were MASSIVELY amplified four fold with no other adjustments made to the system at that moment.

The 2nd unit also went on the fritz and screeched extremely loud (just like Kevin's stated in his OP)... but in that case, it blew out scanspeak d2904 tweeters.
So, not only am I out the time (time is money) I spent installing 2 of these units, and returning 2, but I'm also out $400 in speakers that is "my fault" because I wasn't supposed to plug the DRC in with the unit on... though when the drc was connected it emitted beeping noise and I had to leave it removed unless I wanted to hear it beep... and the only way I could change sub level was to plug it back in. But, yep, it's my fault, even though it was the only workaround and no one ever made note of that being an issue (how many times have you unplugged your cat5 cable from your computer without issues).

Follow my blog:

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 03-21-2009   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 170 Thumper26 will become famous soon enoughThumper26 will become famous soon enoughThumper26 will become famous soon enoughThumper26 will become famous soon enoughThumper26 will become famous soon enoughThumper26 will become famous soon enough

does audison have a warning in the manual about unplugging the controller while the unit is on? I know Alpine does regarding the controller for the 701.

If they did, then you're screwed. However, to me that doesn't change the fact that the unit is still faulty from the other issues.

Further, if Audison knew unplugging the DRC could ruin the unit like that and they didn't have a warning stating that, then they need to cover the unit and any other equipment damaged as a result.
Thumper26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2009   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
What's more fucked up is that the first unit I had was actually better than the 'replacement' I got back.
EXACTLY!! My original unit was performing better than this second dud.

This thread is more about warning people of the issues than resolving them. There are other threads out there discussing the unit in general.

Old 03-21-2009   #19
Upgrade Your Membership!

"Authentic to the Music"

12V Company:
Melodic Acoustic
Position:
Founder/CEO

Rep Power: 163 Melodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura aboutMelodic Acoustic has a spectacular aura about

Yep I'm another who had the same issues with my first unit. I hope my second unit works, if not, I too will be asking for a refund and on the processor hunt again.

Mark Brooks
CEO/Founder
Melodic Acoustic "Authentic to the Music"
Melodic Acoustic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2009   #20
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Approved Vendor

12V Company:
Sound Deadener Showdown
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 187 Rudeboy has a reputation beyond reputeRudeboy has a reputation beyond reputeRudeboy has a reputation beyond reputeRudeboy has a reputation beyond reputeRudeboy has a reputation beyond reputeRudeboy has a reputation beyond reputeRudeboy has a reputation beyond reputeRudeboy has a reputation beyond reputeRudeboy has a reputation beyond reputeRudeboy has a reputation beyond reputeRudeboy has a reputation beyond repute

This is amazing. I'll be very interested to see how Audison deals with the problems. This is a nightmare for them. I wonder if they realize that?

Rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2009   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 113 tintbox will become famous soon enoughtintbox will become famous soon enoughtintbox will become famous soon enoughtintbox will become famous soon enoughtintbox will become famous soon enoughtintbox will become famous soon enough

Watching this one.
tintbox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2009   #22

Bikinpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper26 View Post

If they did, then you're screwed. However, to me that doesn't change the fact that the unit is still faulty from the other issues.
Like I said... if that is indeed my fault, then lesson learned. It's a hard lesson to learn, but I'm not going to blame someone when something is my fault. I don't recall it being said explicitly, but then again, I never looked. But it still doesn't excuse any of the other problems with it.

Edit: Just went back through the manual to see. I don't see anywhere where it says anything about disconnecting/connecting the piece when the unit is on:
http://download.elettromedia.it/file...ual%201_2a.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper26 View Post
Further, if Audison knew unplugging the DRC could ruin the unit like that and they didn't have a warning stating that, then they need to cover the unit and any other equipment damaged as a result.
The one thing I can say is that Elettromedia seems to be helpful in resolving these issues. At least I'm not being met with any resistance in that department. I know the obvious reply to that would be "Well, that should". Well, I'm just glad they are.

Follow my blog:

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 03-22-2009   #23

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 110 thbugman will become famous soon enoughthbugman will become famous soon enoughthbugman will become famous soon enoughthbugman will become famous soon enoughthbugman will become famous soon enoughthbugman will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to thbugman Send a message via Yahoo to thbugman

This is just crazy!
thbugman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2009   #24
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 135 atsaubrey will become famous soon enoughatsaubrey will become famous soon enoughatsaubrey will become famous soon enoughatsaubrey will become famous soon enoughatsaubrey will become famous soon enoughatsaubrey will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to atsaubrey

I think every manufactuer has issues at first, too bad they released these before the bugs were worked out. If you guyus decide to switch up your processors, take a hard look into the Zapco DSP6, I am more than pleased with my units.

Team Arc Audio
atsaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2009   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsaubrey View Post
I think every manufactuer has issues at first, too bad they released these before the bugs were worked out. If you guyus decide to switch up your processors, take a hard look into the Zapco DSP6, I am more than pleased with my units.
That is the exact unit I am going to replace the Bit One with.....I am working on a deal with a fellow DIYMA as we speak.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement