Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011   #26
DIYMA 500 Club
 
rexroadj's Avatar
 
DIYMA Loyalist
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Stratham, NH
Age: 39
Posts: 3,154

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 160 rexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (30)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

Well a small update.....I have the 2150 in on sub duty (a 12" Nakamichi spw-1200d 3ohm load) for the time being (friday/sat) and its a great amp for that sub....I dont need a shit ton of power and its rated to do somewhere between 5-600 in that ohm load and would guess its doing every bit of that. I havent noticed anything special or different about it vs. my jbl bpx500.1 with the exception that the bpx was more powerful. I know that the 2200 will be more powerfull then the bpx though.....Today I will be hooking up the 2200 to the sub, 2150 to my mids, and 275 to tweets. I wish I bought two 2200's instead I knew I should have but figured no need to go crazy...(price difference was $27.00.......shame on me!) When I get the SPZ's in the 2150 will be fine for the mids especially being that they have a 3ohm load (I realize the difference is minimal to none but it makes me feel better I am guessing 175 or so to each mid, the 2200 will run the two g5s (if I run the pair). If the 2200 sounds better on the midbass's then I will do that and run one g5 ported with the 2150....I would rather be thrilled with the front stage since I am not a bass head.....one ten with 500watts is going to do more then I need! I will hopefully have an update later today.....definitely after my commute tomorrow!
rexroadj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-20-2011   #27
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club
 
JAX's Avatar
 
DIYMA Addict
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,053

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 281 JAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (119)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

just ordered another GT24 to go with the one I have in the box. I didnt think these were going to last much longer. needed 1 more for sub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedNihilist View Post
Furthermore... The economy improving is a fact, it has been measured and is not subjective.
The mirage is the belief that this can't be true. It is. America is starting to come around
JAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2011   #28
DIYMA 500 Club
 
rexroadj's Avatar
 
DIYMA Loyalist
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Stratham, NH
Age: 39
Posts: 3,154

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 160 rexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (30)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

Ok.....Its all in! I have the 2200 bridged to the sub (still the NAK) the 2150 to the midbass (hertz hsk165xl which are being mailed out Tues) and the 275 to the hertz tweets. The 275 is a robust little bitch! It so god damn small, but packs a punch! I really cant say enough about that thing! I still have a lot of tuning left to do but noticed right away I had to turn the volume way down on the tweets. The 2150 on the midbass seems to be a great pairing! The hertz (IMO) cant take a ton of power so this amp is PERFECT for them. I can crank the hell out of them and not worry about going beyond there limits. I think it will be fine for the spz mids but I do wish I bought a second 2200 rather then the 2150 because I dont think more would hurt The 2200 is a great amp for pretty much any sub setup..... for me at least! I think it will run the pair of g5s really well....If I run one G5 then like I said..I will run the 2200 on the mids and the 2150 on the g5. I need to get some play time with the G5s here soon so I can figure it all out. It will be cool to have the pair in there (even though I dont need it) but one ported would be nice too because deep down I really want to run the 2200 on the mids
I will be doing some driving tomorrow and a whole lot more Tuesday so I will continue to post after I get some tuning and and can just listen!
rexroadj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2011   #29
DIYMA 500 Club
 
rexroadj's Avatar
 
DIYMA Loyalist
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Stratham, NH
Age: 39
Posts: 3,154

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 160 rexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (30)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

Did some more listening time today..... I have all my xover points the way I want, did some t/a, and the eq flat!
I had received a special version of Johnny Cash's last album he made just before he died from a friend and had not listened to it yet. I figured it was a great time because the actually just re-released it today!!!! (not my version though
Ok, I know there is a lot that has to do with the cd itself so I will just say it like I heard it....Its also not very fair because I have never heard it before so have nothing to compare with either?
Now that being said.......WOW!!!!!!!!!!! It was so eery...... I felt like I was sitting right in the little studio with him Every frigging nuance was present and intense..... his vocals were just flat out haunting. I had to go right to track #2. God's gonna cut you down.... This song (if your not familiar) has become common place in several commercials lately. I'm cool with it because I LOVE that song! I was not let down, my highs were so crisp and clean....there was zero rasp or fatigue to be found anywhere. The midbass (what little there was...which is good because the hertz wouldnt really do much for it anyway) was extremely articulate and tonally perfect, there was nothing muddy or lagging in anyway shape or form. I went through the rest of the cd with the volume CRANKED!!! I was in heaven... At the very end I gave Johnny a hug goodbye (thats how real it felt!) and went to the back of the truck to feel the amps....I was shocked! No warmth at all???????????? OK, first time for everything!!!! Throughout the whole cd there were no changes in quality or signs of the amps straining in anyway shape or form....it was just very loud, very detailed, uncolored sound! I am a very happy camper regardless of prices....
I must say... this is not the first group of amps that have given me the same sound experience..... I have had MANY... to name a few... I loved the rockford power amps (newer), the soundstream refs were very similar (more features but LARGER and WARMER), and a few others..... none of them were as small, quiet, cool, and versatile as far as ohm loads/bridging etc... as these GT's.
Boston knocked this one out of the park as far as I am concerned. I hope that I can fight the itch to try other stuff....I have ZERO reason to trade out. I cant wait to get my SPZ's in now! (and my g5s!)
rexroadj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2011   #30
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club
 
JAX's Avatar
 
DIYMA Addict
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,053

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 281 JAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (119)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

nice. your making me really want to remove the amp thats in the car now on my highs. I did install my GT24 to my sub today.

I havnt had much time with it but it has plenty of power for the sub..roughly 500+ and I am pleased.

its not the strongest amp I have had but it is so good in other areas that others fell short that its a dang good deal.

I measured and its going to tuck right under my rear deck upside down with no issue.

fantastic. no amps on the floor or anywhere taking up space.

since I didnt listen long I forgot to check the temp but I am sure with the 2 fans it was fine.

having heard all your points I really want to put the other GT24 on my front stage when it arrives and remove the other amp and sell it. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedNihilist View Post
Furthermore... The economy improving is a fact, it has been measured and is not subjective.
The mirage is the belief that this can't be true. It is. America is starting to come around
JAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2011   #31
DIYMA 500 Club
 
rexroadj's Avatar
 
DIYMA Loyalist
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Stratham, NH
Age: 39
Posts: 3,154

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 160 rexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (30)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

I have the 2200 on my sub now and have had better sub amps (although my sub and amp combo is not the best situation) but they really shine on the full range end of things.
rexroadj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2011   #32
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club
 
JAX's Avatar
 
DIYMA Addict
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,053

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 281 JAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (119)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexroadj View Post
I have the 2200 on my sub now and have had better sub amps (although my sub and amp combo is not the best situation) but they really shine on the full range end of things.

you may be right but the thing that shines for me is that I have more options to mount and its a clean looking install .

it might not be the strongest but it will do. I am looking forward to putting one on high duty.

might get the GT28 from somewhere now.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedNihilist View Post
Furthermore... The economy improving is a fact, it has been measured and is not subjective.
The mirage is the belief that this can't be true. It is. America is starting to come around
JAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2011   #33
DIYMA 500 Club
 
DIYMA Regular
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 720

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 112 rain27 will become famous soon enoughrain27 will become famous soon enoughrain27 will become famous soon enoughrain27 will become famous soon enoughrain27 will become famous soon enoughrain27 will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (22)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

Does the Remote Level Control GT-RSL function the exact same way as the JL Audio HD-RLC level control?
rain27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2011   #34
DIYMA 500 Club
 
rexroadj's Avatar
 
DIYMA Loyalist
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Stratham, NH
Age: 39
Posts: 3,154

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 160 rexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (30)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

Not a clue! Havent used either? Hopefully someone else can chime in. Every remote I have ever used was essentially the same...
rexroadj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2011   #35
DIYMA 500 Club
 
DIYMA Regular
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 720

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 112 rain27 will become famous soon enoughrain27 will become famous soon enoughrain27 will become famous soon enoughrain27 will become famous soon enoughrain27 will become famous soon enoughrain27 will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (22)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

Just wanted to make confirm the Boston version doesn't act like a bass boost or something. It looks like all the GT amps can use the remote level control, which I assume would mean it could act like a master volume control like the JL Audio version?

I know the JL Audio version acts just like the gain control. You set the gain at the amp and use the knob from there. Turning the knob all the way up puts the gain right where the gain is set at the amp and nothing more.
rain27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2011   #36
DIYMA 500 Club
 
rexroadj's Avatar
 
DIYMA Loyalist
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Stratham, NH
Age: 39
Posts: 3,154

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 160 rexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (30)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

I believe that is all it does......Not all Gt amps allow for it though (just an fyi). The gt275 and some of the older smaller 2 channels do not allow for it. Not sure about the 4 channels, I didnt look.
rexroadj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011   #37
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: so cal
Posts: 56

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 81 mine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (2)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

suscribed for the results..
mine4118 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011   #38
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: so cal
Posts: 56

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 81 mine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (2)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

oh...and thank you for doing the work...
mine4118 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011   #39
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: so cal
Posts: 56

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 81 mine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (2)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

nice info..I just picked up a gt-28 and 3 gt-40's and I'm glad to hear they are great sounding amp...
mine4118 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2011   #40
DIYMA 500 Club
 
rexroadj's Avatar
 
DIYMA Loyalist
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Stratham, NH
Age: 39
Posts: 3,154

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 160 rexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (30)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

In case anyone is interested......I am probably selling the 2125's and maybe the 2200. I am re-testing the GT275 because I think the noise I got from it recently was from a bad rca that I just found. Its under repair warranty and was going to send it out but figured I would give it another shot. Its more then likely fine....I am selling because for some strange reason I got the bug to start buying Mcintosh amps again No reason really....Someone was selling a 427 locally and bought it.... Now I am going to start by using it on the tweets of the spz60s and the 2200 on the mids and I guess for the time being one of the gt2125's on the sub. I want more power for the sub because I am going to be adding a second one (g5 10). The GT2200 and one of the 2125's are NOT REFURBS and were purchased authorized direct. One 2125 and the 275 were however part of the refurb deals.....
rexroadj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2011   #41
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club
 
JAX's Avatar
 
DIYMA Addict
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,053

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 281 JAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (119)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexroadj View Post
In case anyone is interested......I am probably selling the 2125's and maybe the 2200. I am re-testing the GT275 because I think the noise I got from it recently was from a bad rca that I just found. Its under repair warranty and was going to send it out but figured I would give it another shot. Its more then likely fine....I am selling because for some strange reason I got the bug to start buying Mcintosh amps again No reason really....Someone was selling a 427 locally and bought it.... Now I am going to start by using it on the tweets of the spz60s and the 2200 on the mids and I guess for the time being one of the gt2125's on the sub. I want more power for the sub because I am going to be adding a second one (g5 10). The GT2200 and one of the 2125's are NOT REFURBS and were purchased authorized direct. One 2125 and the 275 were however part of the refurb deals.....

what a asshat...

you got all these people including me to buy up all them amps after you swore by them and now your going to MC...?


lol.....

ok....just messing with you. never had a MAC and really dont care to...but it is a disease isnt it...

well now some people who missed out can get in on it from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedNihilist View Post
Furthermore... The economy improving is a fact, it has been measured and is not subjective.
The mirage is the belief that this can't be true. It is. America is starting to come around
JAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2011   #42
DIYMA 500 Club
 
rexroadj's Avatar
 
DIYMA Loyalist
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Stratham, NH
Age: 39
Posts: 3,154

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 160 rexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (30)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well I dont really care if I get rid of them....I bought the Mcintosh because it was a good deal and local. At one point I had well over a dozen Mc's and never had an issue which is amazing considering all but one were from 97 or earlier!!!!!!
I am and always will be and always have been a Mcintosh fan. To me going to anything else from a Mcintosh is likely to only be a step sideways at best. Some of the best built products I have ever used in any field. I guess I am just sucker for blue glass
rexroadj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2011   #43
DIYMA 500 Club
 
rexroadj's Avatar
 
DIYMA Loyalist
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Stratham, NH
Age: 39
Posts: 3,154

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 160 rexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (30)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

The GT275 works perfect.....and also looks perfect!
I am in a tough perdicament now....I really love the boston amps and had no reason to look elsewhere.. I couldnt pass up the Mcintosh of course I also like to have matching amps for some sort of OCD reason? I never used to be this way but for some reason I just like it? You cant even see them in fact?
I am currently searching for more Mcintosh amps so they are all the same. Right now I have 5 amps (all 2 channel amps) I like the idea of using the mcintosh for my tweeters and then I would really need to use the GT2200 on the mids to be happy..... I have used the GT2125 already for that duty and it was more then fine but I like more. The GT2125 is not enough for the two subs sooooooo and then what am I going to do with the gt275???? I could bridge the 2125 for each mid but thats a little extreme even for me
I am thinking maybe I could try and run the mids off one 2125, tweets off the mcintosh, 2200 on subs, 2125 on rears, and the gt275 for a center? I dont know if I want to jam all those amps in my truck and run all the rca's etc.....
This disease is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rexroadj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2011   #44
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club
 
JAX's Avatar
 
DIYMA Addict
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,053

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 281 JAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (119)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexroadj View Post
The GT275 works perfect.....and also looks perfect!
I am in a tough perdicament now....I really love the boston amps and had no reason to look elsewhere.. I couldnt pass up the Mcintosh of course I also like to have matching amps for some sort of OCD reason? I never used to be this way but for some reason I just like it? You cant even see them in fact?
I am currently searching for more Mcintosh amps so they are all the same. Right now I have 5 amps (all 2 channel amps) I like the idea of using the mcintosh for my tweeters and then I would really need to use the GT2200 on the mids to be happy..... I have used the GT2125 already for that duty and it was more then fine but I like more. The GT2125 is not enough for the two subs sooooooo and then what am I going to do with the gt275???? I could bridge the 2125 for each mid but thats a little extreme even for me
I am thinking maybe I could try and run the mids off one 2125, tweets off the mcintosh, 2200 on subs, 2125 on rears, and the gt275 for a center? I dont know if I want to jam all those amps in my truck and run all the rca's etc.....
This disease is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shit Justin...you sound like you need a straight jacket and a padded room. look what your doing to yourself.

I am sure it sounds much better than my shit. but damn. your making me go crossed eyed trying to follow along

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedNihilist View Post
Furthermore... The economy improving is a fact, it has been measured and is not subjective.
The mirage is the belief that this can't be true. It is. America is starting to come around
JAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2011   #45
DIYMA 500 Club
 
rexroadj's Avatar
 
DIYMA Loyalist
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Stratham, NH
Age: 39
Posts: 3,154

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 160 rexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (30)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

Mikey.... You have NO IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its fucking painful
I guess if someone wants my Boston amps then I will sell them. But otherwise I wont really worry about a classified add.....Or if I pick up some other blue beauty's....
rexroadj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2011   #46
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club
 
JAX's Avatar
 
DIYMA Addict
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,053

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 281 JAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (119)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexroadj View Post
Mikey.... You have NO IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its fucking painful
I guess if someone wants my Boston amps then I will sell them. But otherwise I wont really worry about a classified add.....Or if I pick up some other blue beauty's....

lol...I was on my way to where you are till I decided I had to eliminate something and I quit trying out comps. I am bad enough about amps. cant imagine if I tried out drivers and subs the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedNihilist View Post
Furthermore... The economy improving is a fact, it has been measured and is not subjective.
The mirage is the belief that this can't be true. It is. America is starting to come around
JAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2011   #47
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 95

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 79 Miguel.Gto will become famous soon enoughMiguel.Gto will become famous soon enoughMiguel.Gto will become famous soon enoughMiguel.Gto will become famous soon enoughMiguel.Gto will become famous soon enoughMiguel.Gto will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

damn if i would of seen this earlier i would of bought both gt2125s from you, i just picked up 2 of them for $148 each.
Miguel.Gto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2011   #48
DIYMA 500 Club
 
rexroadj's Avatar
 
DIYMA Loyalist
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Stratham, NH
Age: 39
Posts: 3,154

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 160 rexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (30)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

You'll be happy, there awesome!
rexroadj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2011   #49
DIYMA 500 Club
 
rexroadj's Avatar
 
DIYMA Loyalist
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Stratham, NH
Age: 39
Posts: 3,154

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 160 rexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (30)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

Just to let everyone know....I put these up for sale in the classifieds as well as a Mcintosh 427.......ONLY if know one wants to buy the Bostons...
rexroadj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2012   #50
 
pjf1fan's Avatar
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 61

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 74 pjf1fan will become famous soon enoughpjf1fan will become famous soon enoughpjf1fan will become famous soon enoughpjf1fan will become famous soon enoughpjf1fan will become famous soon enoughpjf1fan will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default Re: Boston Acoustics GT amps.. (gt2200, 2150, 275) Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexroadj View Post
I have the 2200 on my sub now and have had better sub amps (although my sub and amp combo is not the best situation) but they really shine on the full range end of things.
I know this is an old one but I do have a few questions from an actual user. Basically I need to know what I've got here, should I go with a GT2200? I have a GT2125 and two G3 12" 2-ohm (dual 4) subs. I'm thinking of going to a GT2200, what exactly made you stray from using the GT2200 on your bass? And what made you say you've heard better amps? Isn't it impossible to compare an amp to another if it's powering a different subwoofer, not to mention using a different source unit?

PS- My stuff's not even hooked up, it's all on a shelf waiting to go into a '06 Jetta.
pjf1fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
First name
Last name
Do you work in the 12 Volt industry?
Do you work in the 12 Volt industry?
Youtube Channel
Enter Your Youtube Username, And It will Be Linked To In Your Posts!
12V Industry - Company Name
Your company name.
12V Industry - Your Position
Your position in your company.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Ad Management by RedTyger

Home | User CP | Members List | New Posts | ITrader | Faq | Post Spy