LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 92 bullyx2 will become famous soon enoughbullyx2 will become famous soon enoughbullyx2 will become famous soon enoughbullyx2 will become famous soon enoughbullyx2 will become famous soon enoughbullyx2 will become famous soon enough

Default Window Module install with no Ground When Armed

Hello. I recently bought a used Mazda MX-5. The previous owner had a Code Alarm CA-330 installed in it. It is an upgrade unit that uses the OEM keyless remotes to control the alarm. I want to add a module to raise the windows when locking the doors / arming the alarm. I know that I normally would trigger the alarm module with the orange "Ground when armed" wire, however, this alarm doesn't have one. Do I have any options for using relays to send a ground to a window module to raise the windows? I'm almost thinking that maybe this needs to be done independent of the alarm and tap the same Mazda Wire that connects to the Arm Input + to arm the alarm, and run that into a relay that reverses the polarity to supply ground to the window module. However, this would just be a pulse if I understand correctly and will not supply ground long enough to raise the windows. Is there a module out there that would work with this and raise them the entire way or would I have to get tricky with addl relays, timers, etc???? Wiring list for the alarm is below. Thanks in advance.

Basic Harness
1. Parking Light Output (WHITE)
2. Lock Motor Output (BLUE)
3. Unused
4. Battery (+12v) (RED)
5. Ground (BLACK)
6. Starter Key (+) (VIOLET/RED)
7. Ignition Input (+) (PINK)
8. Starter Motor (+) (VIOLET)
9. Disarm Input (+) (BROWN)
10. Unused
11. Arm Input (+) (WHITE/BLUE)
12. Unlock Sense Input (LT. GREEN)
13. Unused
14. Unlock Motor Output
15. Siren Battery Feed (+) (Optional)
16. Horn/Siren Output(-) (Black)
17. Disarm/Override Button (Ground)
18. Disarm/Override Button (Input)
19. Hood Pin Input (-) (GRAY)
20. Door Trigger (GRN/VT)
21. Trunk Output (-) (BRN/BLK)
22. LED 2 (Red)(PLUG-IN)
23. LED 1 (Black) (PLUG-IN)
24. Illuminated Entry (-) (BLUE/GRN)
bullyx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011   #2

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
audiolab
Position:
installer

Rep Power: 62 deesz will become famous soon enoughdeesz will become famous soon enoughdeesz will become famous soon enoughdeesz will become famous soon enoughdeesz will become famous soon enoughdeesz will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Window Module install with no Ground When Armed

You can use the arm Wire to a latched relay make sure you diode isolate it
deesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011   #3

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 92 bullyx2 will become famous soon enoughbullyx2 will become famous soon enoughbullyx2 will become famous soon enoughbullyx2 will become famous soon enoughbullyx2 will become famous soon enoughbullyx2 will become famous soon enough

Thank you. I was thinking something like that. Just to clarify, I would use the relay to reverse polarity to send a ground to the module when locking the doors? Where would the diode go and in what direction should it voltage to flow?

Also, I noticed the module below yesterday which appears to be a rebadged Omega module that I can buy from Sonicelectronix for $25. (It's a 4 window module but I would only use 2) I looked at the install manual and it appears to have seperate 12v+ and 12v- activation inputs and also the option to accept a momentary pulse or constant pulse to activate. Am I correct that I could use this without any relays and just use the 12v+ Wire from my OEM keyless entry (same one that apparently arms the alarm) to control it.

Crime Guard Au93-4 4-window Roll-Up Module at Crutchfield.com

Manual:

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchf...4/514AU934.PDF

Thanks for the help. This is a second Car and I really only ever drive it with the top and windows down. Right now, when parking I have to stop, leave the Car running but put it in neutral to be safe, raise the manual top, close the windows, then turn off the car. Would rather be able to just turn the car off when stopping, put the top up, and then have the windows raise themselves when locking the car. Thanks again. I really appreciate it.
Old 02-25-2011   #4

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
audiolab
Position:
installer

Rep Power: 62 deesz will become famous soon enoughdeesz will become famous soon enoughdeesz will become famous soon enoughdeesz will become famous soon enoughdeesz will become famous soon enoughdeesz will become famous soon enough

depends on the window mods but im pretty sure you would have to do a latched relay because the arm Wire will be only a pulsed output. the window would roll up only about a inch then stop. if your using a positive output the diode would go in line and the stripe would face away from the keyless entry towards the window mod/ relay.
Old 02-25-2011   #5

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
audiolab
Position:
installer

Relay Diagrams - Latched Output - Momentary to Constant Output - Positive Input/Positive Output
here is the diagram for latched relay.
Old 02-27-2011   #6

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 49 mine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enough

great info...thanks
mine4118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011   #7

DIYMA freshman

Hi all. Just wanted to post a quick reply thanking you all for your help. I ended up buying the Omega AU-93-4. Although it is made for 4 windows and I only have 2, the "-4" model offered the ability to be triggered by + or - and also the ability to change between continuous and pulse trigger. I was ready to try the relay option if it didn't work, but everything I could find indicated that it did workl. I installed it with the + trigger connected to the "lock" Wire for the drivers side door lock, set it for "pulse" trigger, and it worked like a charm. Thanks again.