View Poll Results: SHould constitution be thrown out?
yes 4 13.33%
no 16 53.33%
keep and add to it 9 30.00%
dont know 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012   #1
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 245 JAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond repute

Default Constitution, Keep or get rid of it?

There have been some people talking about getting rid of it for a while.

I could see that it might be outdated because it is old , but to get rid of it and replace it with what?

what would be left off of a new one that was on the old one? what rights would you be willing to loose?

Is the rights to free speech and ownership less important than health care and other government pushed ideas?

Here CNN:

CNN Contributor Says It Is Time To Dump The Constitution Because It Is Outdated

NY TIMES:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/07/us...orld.html?_r=2

The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
JAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012   #2
AWC
DIYMA 500 Club

Pleased to meet you..

Rep Power: 246 AWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Constitution, Keep or get rid of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAX View Post
There have been some people talking about getting rid of it for a while.

I could see that it might be outdated because it is old , but to get rid of it and replace it with what?

what would be left off of a new one that was on the old one? what rights would you be willing to loose?

Is the rights to free speech and ownership less important than health care and other government pushed ideas?

Here CNN:

CNN Contributor Says It Is Time To Dump The Constitution Because It Is Outdated

NY TIMES:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/07/us...orld.html?_r=2
I would most like to get rid of that bullshit that says all men are created equal. I think it should only be white people that are equal.

Dude, your sources are reporters. Not a single government official or anybody else has said it. You're grasping at straws.

Save the world….VOTE HILLARY!!!!
AWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012   #3
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 245 JAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWC View Post
I would most like to get rid of that bullshit that says all men are created equal. I think it should only be white people that are equal.

Dude, your sources are reporters. Not a single government official or anybody else has said it. You're grasping at straws.
fucktard. this is a poll. dumbass. simple yes, no , dont know, would do.

if you had a clue you would know CNN and NY Times are mouthpieces for the government.

thats not the only place its been said.

Supreme Court justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said recently the people of Egypt should not “look to the United States Constitution” as a blueprint for crafting the nation’s new constitution. Ginsberg apparently believes the Constitution is flawed because it spells out what the government cannot do instead of mandating what it should do (like telling citizens at gunpoint they must purchase expensive health insurance).

The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
Old 02-09-2012   #4
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Approved Vendor

12V Company:
Ground Zero USA

Rep Power: 221 Scott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond repute

i think we should start a poll that is about you two being able to post in off topic.

It will say

"should we makes it so these 2 cant post in off topic anymore.

Then only 2 options, yes and yes
Scott@GZUSA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012   #5
AWC
DIYMA 500 Club

Pleased to meet you..

Rep Power: 246 AWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAX View Post
fucktard. this is a poll. dumbass. simple yes, no , dont know, would do.

if you had a clue you would know CNN and NY Times are mouthpieces for the government.

thats not the only place its been said.

Supreme Court justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said recently the people of Egypt should not “look to the United States Constitution” as a blueprint for crafting the nation’s new constitution. Ginsberg apparently believes the Constitution is flawed because it spells out what the government cannot do instead of mandating what it should do (like telling citizens at gunpoint they must purchase expensive health insurance).
Wow. Fucktard...nice. Dumbass....now wait. Are you smarter than me?

So you think no discussion is allowed? Only the poll? Why did you write things that implied a need for response?

So the judge said Egypt shouldn't use our constitution. Does that mean she's getting rid of it? It seems to me like she doesn't think Egypt should use it for their country. Where did you get that she's tossing it?

So cnn and the NY Times (they who broke Watergate can I get an amen) is the mouthpeice for the government? Is fox news the real truth? Where is the "real" information?

Here's the real question I need to ask....when all of the fear you immerse yourself ends up a waste of time, what will you do? Will you crack? Do you won a gun? How many? When Obama wins again will you go out and kill all of the babymaking mexicans that work in construction with you? Have the actuall given birth while drywalling?

Fucktard and dumbass...idiot. This is your answer?

Do YOU believe that our inalienable rights should include all people? Just white people?

We can dance if you want to....

Old 02-09-2012   #6
AWC
DIYMA 500 Club

Pleased to meet you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatsDownLow View Post
i think we should start a poll that is about you two being able to post in off topic.

It will say

"should we makes it so these 2 cant post in off topic anymore.

Then only 2 options, yes and yes
Go right ahead.

Old 02-09-2012   #7
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Quote:
Wow. Fucktard...nice. Dumbass....now wait. Are you smarter than me?

So you think no discussion is allowed? Only the poll? Why did you write things that implied a need for response?

So the judge said Egypt shouldn't use our constitution. Does that mean she's getting rid of it? It seems to me like she doesn't think Egypt should use it for their country. Where did you get that she's tossing it?

So cnn and the NY Times (they who broke Watergate can I get an amen) is the mouthpeice for the government? Is fox news the real truth? Where is the "real" information?

Here's the real question I need to ask....when all of the fear you immerse yourself ends up a waste of time, what will you do? Will you crack? Do you won a gun? How many? When Obama wins again will you go out and kill all of the babymaking mexicans that work in construction with you? Have the actuall given birth while drywalling?

Fucktard and dumbass...idiot. This is your answer?

Do YOU believe that our inalienable rights should include all people? Just white people?

We can dance if you want to....

Discussion is allowed. Answer the question and add all you like .

No need to bash me for the question.

Just cause you are unaware doesn't mean it's not out there .

The rest I will not address

Old 02-09-2012   #8
AWC
DIYMA 500 Club

Pleased to meet you..

STOP!

Old 02-09-2012   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 99 its_bacon12 is a jewel in the roughits_bacon12 is a jewel in the roughits_bacon12 is a jewel in the roughits_bacon12 is a jewel in the roughits_bacon12 is a jewel in the roughits_bacon12 is a jewel in the roughits_bacon12 is a jewel in the roughits_bacon12 is a jewel in the roughits_bacon12 is a jewel in the roughits_bacon12 is a jewel in the roughits_bacon12 is a jewel in the rough

This thread needs a redo.

ραηςετα
its_bacon12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 BigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond repute

Had the founding fathers known about all of the bullshit that goes on these days, I wonder what the constitution would have looked like?
BigAl205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012   #11

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 71 Freedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
Had the founding fathers known about all of the bullshit that goes on these days, I wonder what the constitution would have looked like?
I think the founding fathers did know what would eventually happen, based on human nature being what it is, and the fact that there's "nothing new under the sun".

I don't think they would have crafted it any differently, knowing that no system of governing based on individual liberty can withstand the creeping death of statism and tyranny.

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." ~Mark Twain
Freedom First is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 127 BuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom First View Post
I think the founding fathers did know what would eventually happen, based on human nature being what it is, and the fact that there's "nothing new under the sun".

I don't think they would have crafted it any differently, knowing that no system of governing based on individual liberty can withstand the creeping death of statism and tyranny.
I completely agree. Nothing new is going on here. The technology may be different but we're headed down the same path every great civilization has been down and I believe it was written to at least prolong the death of this nation as a great nation.

'84 GN 10.60@ 127mph.
'07 Epic Expert
'14 Trance SX with SRAM XX1 1x11 Drivetrain.
'06 TL.
BuickGN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 BigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll give you an example...many of the founding fathers were fed up with the Church of England and wanted freedom to worship freely without fear of persecution. This is why the First Amendment says that the government cannot set up a 'national religion' and force everybody to follow it. I strongly believe that if they had know that people would use the phrasing as a cornerstone to form a purely secular government, they would have worded it differently.

Amendment I (Religion): Maryland Constitution of 1776, Declaration of Rights, nos. 33--36
Amendment I (Religion)
http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/rel03.html

Thomas Jefferson, A Bill for Establishing Religious Freedom
Amendment I (Religion): Thomas Jefferson, A Bill for Establishing Religious Freedom

Quote:
Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776: As to religion, I hold it to be the indispensible duty of every government, to protect all conscientious professors thereof, and I know of no other business which government hath to do therewith. Let a man throw aside that narrowness of soul, that selfishness of principle, which the niggards of all professions are so unwilling to part with; and he will be at once delivered of his fears on that head. Suspicion is the companion of mean souls, and the bane of all good society. For myself, I fully and conscientiously believe, that it is the will of the Almighty, that there should be a diversity of religious opinions among us: it affords a larger field for our Christian kindness. Were we all of one way of thinking, our religious dispositions would want matter for probation; and on this liberal principle, I look on the various denominations among us, to be like children of the same family, differing only, in what is called, their Christian names.

Last edited by BigAl205; 02-09-2012 at 08:04 PM..
BigAl205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012   #14

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Elettromedia-USA / Mobile Solutions / Signature Audio
Position:
Tech Support / Training / General Manager

Rep Power: 39 dobslob will become famous soon enoughdobslob will become famous soon enoughdobslob will become famous soon enoughdobslob will become famous soon enoughdobslob will become famous soon enoughdobslob will become famous soon enough

Keep the Constitution, get rid of anyone who wants to get rid of it.

The "bullshit" going on now is because of those who don't adhere to the Constitution.

Doug Dobson
Elettromedia-USA - Tech Support and Training
(480) 466-6024
dobslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012   #15
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Quote:
STOP!
This is my post.

I asked a legit question.

There is no need for you to harass me . You are not the speech police.

Had anyone else posted this you wouldn't have opened your mouth.

Old 02-10-2012   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 94 rugdnit has a spectacular aura aboutrugdnit has a spectacular aura aboutrugdnit has a spectacular aura aboutrugdnit has a spectacular aura aboutrugdnit has a spectacular aura aboutrugdnit has a spectacular aura aboutrugdnit has a spectacular aura aboutrugdnit has a spectacular aura aboutrugdnit has a spectacular aura aboutrugdnit has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobslob View Post
Keep the Constitution, get rid of anyone who wants to get rid of it.

The "bullshit" going on now is because of those who don't adhere to the Constitution.
Doesn't it strike you as odd that when a politician votes in step with the constitution he gets labeled as crazy or unelectable?

" Does that make him a moderate or is he a liberal commie long haired bastard? Do you have to be hard core, hate all them damned hippies, staunchy stan to be in the totally moral and good club of the righteous? " - AWC
rugdnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012   #17
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

not odd to me when the trend is to go around the constitution and use any means needed to pass legislation.

not odd to me that all the good ole boys dont want to change the system .

they want more power not less. less restraint , not more. constitution to them is a nuisance unless it suites their needs.

I am glad others see the only one in the room that talks about that is also the one they said from the start never had a shot.

Old 02-10-2012   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 130 King Nothing will become famous soon enoughKing Nothing will become famous soon enoughKing Nothing will become famous soon enoughKing Nothing will become famous soon enoughKing Nothing will become famous soon enoughKing Nothing will become famous soon enough

The constitution does not need to go. the government needs to not be allowed to do anything that is not specifically assigned to it in the constitution

disgusted..........
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012   #19

Banned

Rep Power: 0 PaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enough

^^^ what he said. The government should be forced to live within the constitution that was designed to keep it under control.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Oliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
^^^ what he said. The government should be forced to live within the constitution that was designed to keep it under control.
That would be great , if the ones who made the laws were forced to live by them.

Never happen though

Oh, and just once ... i'd love to give myself a RAISe !
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 94 rugdnit has a spectacular aura aboutrugdnit has a spectacular aura aboutrugdnit has a spectacular aura aboutrugdnit has a spectacular aura aboutrugdnit has a spectacular aura aboutrugdnit has a spectacular aura aboutrugdnit has a spectacular aura aboutrugdnit has a spectacular aura aboutrugdnit has a spectacular aura aboutrugdnit has a spectacular aura about

Current Tax Code: 24 Shocking Facts About Taxes In The United States (NYSEARCA:TZA, NYSEARCA:SDS, NYSEARCA:FAS, NYSEARCA:SKF, NYSEARCA:FAZ, NYSEARCA:XLF) | ETF DAILY NEWS

How about we blow up the tax code and start over?

" Does that make him a moderate or is he a liberal commie long haired bastard? Do you have to be hard core, hate all them damned hippies, staunchy stan to be in the totally moral and good club of the righteous? " - AWC
rugdnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Oliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enough

Some Win BIG and most Lose .

STOCK Act: What You Need to Know - AZ Now Biz

Quote:
The STOCK Act prohibits Congress members from making investments based on nonpublic information, giving you (somewhat) of fair ground.

As an individual investor – whether you are managing your own money, or having someone else invest it for you – it is important for you to understand how your financial future is affected when the playing field is not level.
We have a starting place ...

Quote:
WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama's proposal to impose a "Buffett rule" tax on the rich is generating enormous political wattage, but the plan itself would directly affect only the very wealthiest of Americans.

In addition, while Republicans say the plan would be a job killer, only a small proportion of businesses would potentially be subject to the tax, according to data from a 2011 Treasury Department study. These firms make disproportionately large amounts of money, but many of them don't employ any workers.
Beyond the 'Buffett rule'
Quote:

Making taxes progressive is the right goal. But instead of shortcuts, the tax code should be overhauled.

Obama's budget proposals have urged Congress to reconsider many of the preferences in the tax code. The proposed Buffett rule, however, is a shortcut that skips the debate over the policy intricacies. Rather than simply bashing Republicans for defending tax breaks for millionaires, Democrats should be trying to reconcile the conflict between a fair, progressive tax code and one that provides incentives for all the things Congress wants to encourage.

Last edited by Oliver; 04-16-2012 at 06:42 AM..
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #23

Banned

Rep Power: 0 PaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enough

"Making taxes progressive is the right goal"

just wow ... right out of the communist manifesto
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

Inka-Dinka-Doo-er

Rep Power: 114 Neil will become famous soon enoughNeil will become famous soon enoughNeil will become famous soon enoughNeil will become famous soon enoughNeil will become famous soon enoughNeil will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
"Making taxes progressive is the right goal"

just wow ... right out of the communist manifesto
It's also right out of Adam Smith. What's your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Wehmeyer
The experience you have listening to music through speakers may be similar to drinking great wine and eating the best cheese, but the speaker isn't the wine, it's the wine glass. The music is the wine and cheese. Artists make great music, artisans make great food. Engineers and factories design and make great speakers.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 112 rommelrommel is a name known to allrommelrommel is a name known to allrommelrommel is a name known to allrommelrommel is a name known to allrommelrommel is a name known to allrommelrommel is a name known to allrommelrommel is a name known to allrommelrommel is a name known to allrommelrommel is a name known to allrommelrommel is a name known to allrommelrommel is a name known to all

Tax code into the shredder and to be replaced with no more than 10 pages would be straight out of MY book. To be repeated in every country.
rommelrommel is offline   Reply With Quote