LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013   #1

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 81 Vega-LE is just really niceVega-LE is just really niceVega-LE is just really niceVega-LE is just really niceVega-LE is just really niceVega-LE is just really niceVega-LE is just really niceVega-LE is just really niceVega-LE is just really niceVega-LE is just really niceVega-LE is just really nice

Default Dr. Benjamin Carson's Amazing Speech at the National Prayer Breakfast with Obama Pres

Dr. Benjamin Carson's Amazing Speech at the National Prayer Breakfast with Obama Present - YouTube

When the devil comes knocking on your door send Jesus to answer it, for it was the door you let Jesus enter your life.
Vega-LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 BigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson's Amazing Speech at the National Prayer Breakfast with Obama

Obama was not impressed

Awesome speech, BTW...
BigAl205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013   #3

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 71 danno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson's Amazing Speech at the National Prayer Breakfast with Obama

He's a pretty amazing guy.... The movie about his life story is truly inspiring.

Courtesy of Chad:
Prepare to have your brain melted and read enough audiophile jibberish to want to freebase a baby duckling.
danno14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 100 PPI_GUY will become famous soon enoughPPI_GUY will become famous soon enoughPPI_GUY will become famous soon enoughPPI_GUY will become famous soon enoughPPI_GUY will become famous soon enoughPPI_GUY will become famous soon enough

Thankfully, the smartest man in the room got the most coverage from this event.
Carson is being targeted by the left for his remarks. They are really trying to tear the guy down and ruin his life. Typical SOP by the "compassionate party" I suppose.
Brilliant man and a fantastic speech.

Absolutely State Of The Art!
PPI_GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 99 rugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the rough

I enjoyed the speech, but the Naval Destroyer / Lighthouse story has been disproven and is purely fictional. I really enjoyed the part about rewarding jocks instead of the nerds.

The most I have ever paid for sex.... Was Marriage.
rugdnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013   #6

Banned

Rep Power: 0 PaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enough

When a TRUE conservative gives a speech, it puts the fear of god in liberals - always has, always will. The left is still trying to rewrite the history books about the 80's.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013   #7
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 109 Niebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
When a TRUE conservative gives a speech, it puts the fear of god in liberals - always has, always will. The left is still trying to rewrite the history books about the 80's.
When a TRUE liberal gives a speech, it puts the fear of god in conservatives - always has, always will. The right is still trying to rewrite the history books about the 80's.

^^^Completely opposite of what you posted and still 100% true.....funny how politics work!
Niebur3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013   #8

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 163 bassfromspace has a reputation beyond reputebassfromspace has a reputation beyond reputebassfromspace has a reputation beyond reputebassfromspace has a reputation beyond reputebassfromspace has a reputation beyond reputebassfromspace has a reputation beyond reputebassfromspace has a reputation beyond reputebassfromspace has a reputation beyond reputebassfromspace has a reputation beyond reputebassfromspace has a reputation beyond reputebassfromspace has a reputation beyond repute

He'll get Michael Steele'd here shortly.

Textured Bass Mafia............
bassfromspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 BigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebur3 View Post
When a TRUE liberal gives a speech, it puts the fear of god in conservatives - always has, always will.
Yeah, but for a completely different reason
Old 02-18-2013   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 135 legend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the rough

I think he scared the hell out of every politician. He won't last long because neither party could afford him too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
but a little weed can make a difference to critical listening.
legend94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013   #11

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 74 Freedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud of

Quote:
When a TRUE liberal gives a speech, it puts the fear of god in conservatives - always has, always will. The right is still trying to rewrite the history books about the 80's.

When a TRUE liberal gives a speech, they CAN'T tell the truth. Because if they did, they'd never win even a seat on their homeowner's association board.

Liberals must cloak their plans in deception to try to remain popular with the majority of Americans.

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." ~Mark Twain
Freedom First is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013   #12
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 109 Niebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the rough

^^^Says a conservative.

Are you really ignorant enough to think anyone (Liberal or Conservative) in Washington is looking out for us and not their own pocketbook and ego?

Just a bunch of sheep.
Old 02-18-2013   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 135 legend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
^^^Says a conservative.

Are you really ignorant enough to think anyone (Liberal or Conservative) in Washington is looking out for us and not their own pocketbook and ego?

Just a bunch of sheep.
x2

i consider myself conservative on most issues but i dont pretend that anyone in washington is there to represent any interest other than their own

so it seems niebur3 and i totally disagree on which side we are on but it seems like we agree there is nothing to argue here about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
but a little weed can make a difference to critical listening.
legend94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013   #14
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend94 View Post
x2

i consider myself conservative on most issues but i dont pretend that anyone in washington is there to represent any interest other than their own

so it seems niebur3 and i totally disagree on which side we are on but it seems like we agree there is nothing to argue here about
Where is the damn "THANKS" button when you need it!
Old 02-18-2013   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 99 rugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
^^^Says a conservative.

Just a bunch of sheep.

Yes .... He is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTF-5EvjHJQ

Old 02-18-2013   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfromspace View Post
He'll get Michael Steele'd here shortly.
Good one!

Old 02-19-2013   #17

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 61 albocruz210 will become famous soon enoughalbocruz210 will become famous soon enoughalbocruz210 will become famous soon enoughalbocruz210 will become famous soon enoughalbocruz210 will become famous soon enoughalbocruz210 will become famous soon enough

I worked for Congressman Lloyd Doggett, net worth is $30million and he felt guilty for buying a 2012 Ford Focus. His 1997 Tempo in Washington has over 250k on it and the 2003 Focus he traded in had nearly as much. The guy lives in the home he grew up in and he would rather park and walk several blocks away than pay $8 for a parking slot. That tells you a lot about a liberal I know.
albocruz210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by albocruz210 View Post
I worked for Congressman Lloyd Doggett, net worth is $30million and he felt guilty for buying a 2012 Ford Focus. His 1997 Tempo in Washington has over 250k on it and the 2003 Focus he traded in had nearly as much. The guy lives in the home he grew up in and he would rather park and walk several blocks away than pay $8 for a parking slot. That tells you a lot about a liberal I know.
Sounds about like Ed Begley Jr.

Doggett's voting record Lloyd Doggett on the Issues

A few of these stood out for me...

Opposes congressional term limits.
Voted YES on Senate pay raise.
Voted NO on requiring photo ID for voting in federal elections.
Voted NO on banning physician-assisted suicide.
Voted YES on extending Immigrant Residency rules.
Voted NO on eliminating the Estate Tax ("death tax").
Voted NO on eliminating the "marriage penalty".
Voted NO on $46 billion in tax cuts for small business.
Voted NO on withdrawing from the WTO
Voted NO on protecting the Pledge of Allegiance.
Voted NO on constitutional amendment prohibiting flag desecration
Increase debt limit from $14.3 trillion to $16.7 trillion.
Voted YES on $15B bailout for GM and Chrysler.
Old 02-19-2013   #19

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 81 Vega-LE is just really niceVega-LE is just really niceVega-LE is just really niceVega-LE is just really niceVega-LE is just really niceVega-LE is just really niceVega-LE is just really niceVega-LE is just really niceVega-LE is just really niceVega-LE is just really niceVega-LE is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by albocruz210 View Post
He feels guilty for buying a low budget car, but yet sits on tens of millions. Does he feel guilty for being rich too? I just don't see the logic behind his feeling of guilt.

When the devil comes knocking on your door send Jesus to answer it, for it was the door you let Jesus enter your life.
Vega-LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

Rep Power: 888 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend94 View Post
x2

It's called being politically centered, something that both extremes absolutely hate more than their opposite extreme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
Mark's an up late kinda dude. His neighbor has a horse.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013   #21

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 74 Freedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud ofFreedom First has much to be proud of

Quote:
^^^Says a conservative.

Just a bunch of sheep.
You seem to want to equate "Conservative" with "Republican", and I'm here to tell you that they are NOT synonymous. Regardless, I never made any assumptions of the intentions of EITHER side in Washington. I fear there are very few conservatives, and too many liberals (inhabiting BOTH sides of the aisle).

My statement still stands.

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." ~Mark Twain
Freedom First is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom First View Post
You seem to want to equate "Conservative" with "Republican", and I'm here to tell you that they are NOT synonymous. Regardless, I never made any assumptions of the intentions of EITHER side in Washington. I fear there are very few conservatives, and too many liberals (inhabiting BOTH sides of the aisle).

My statement still stands.
I bet your ballot states they are.