2016 Presidential Election - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2016   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 59 crackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 2016 Presidential Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by naiku View Post
And all the other nominee's (and past presidents) would really represent the people right? Not defending Hilary, in all honesty I agree with many others that none of the candidates are any good, but are they ever??
agreed.

But when has there ever been a "candidate" so engulfed in scandal after scandal that this person could literally [and should] be sitting in prison? That this person would even be considered as President. Just baffles me.

Not saying I favor any of the other candidates, perhaps Id consider the third party candidate if the election process wasnt so rigged we might know more about these people. To me, the Democrat and Republican system has been in control over the last hundred years...and its been a failure. That its even come to the point, most, including the OP would settle for the "lesser of two evils".

No thanks.

crackinhedz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2016   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 75 Beckerson1 will become famous soon enoughBeckerson1 will become famous soon enoughBeckerson1 will become famous soon enoughBeckerson1 will become famous soon enoughBeckerson1 will become famous soon enoughBeckerson1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
This will most likely get ugly...the election that is. Knowing what I do about the Clintons I'm reluctantly for the arrogant billionaire if I had to choose, but not voting. Couldn't vote for either one of them with a clear conscience.
I'm with you. Don't like Trump and in NO way will I vote for someone who should be locked up. Enough so I'm not even sure I'm willing to vote. Either way America is headed for a very dark place this election.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."

-Ronald Reagan-
Beckerson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2016   #28
AWC
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 AWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond repute

I still don't get the prison thing but whatever. What I'm wondering is what not voting is supposed to achieve? This shit will happen with or without you. Maybe it's not the best situation but it's the one in which we find ourselves.
AWC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2016   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 66 1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckerson1 View Post
I'm with you. Don't like Trump and in NO way will I vote for someone who should be locked up. Enough so I'm not even sure I'm willing to vote. Either way America is headed for a very dark place this election.
100% agree both Trump and Hillary should be spending a good bit of time in court this year and really both of them should be in jail. I haven't given up yet, the GOP's canadate is not in stone.
1fishman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2016   #30
AWC
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 AWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond reputeAWC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fishman View Post
100% agree both Trump and Hillary should be spending a good bit of time in court this year and really both of them should be in jail. I haven't given up yet, the GOP's canadate is not in stone.
Why should Hillary or Trump be in jail? Are these well formed thoughts or parroted phrases?
Old 04-29-2016   #31
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 75 Beckerson1 will become famous soon enoughBeckerson1 will become famous soon enoughBeckerson1 will become famous soon enoughBeckerson1 will become famous soon enoughBeckerson1 will become famous soon enoughBeckerson1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWC View Post
I still don't get the prison thing but whatever. What I'm wondering is what not voting is supposed to achieve? This shit will happen with or without you. Maybe it's not the best situation but it's the one in which we find ourselves.
Dude if it were someone other then Hillary they would be in jail for the exact thing she did. People just tossed everything done out the window in her case. It's sickening.

That's my freedom. I have a right to not vote for something. I'm not trying to voice an opinion. Just don't care for either.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."

-Ronald Reagan-

Last edited by Beckerson1; 04-29-2016 at 03:56 PM..
Beckerson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2016   #32
AWC
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckerson1 View Post
Dude if it were someone other then Hillary they would be in jail for the exact thing she did. People just tossed everything done out the window in her case. It's sickening.

That's my freedom. I have a right to not vote for something. I'm not trying to voice an opinion. Just don't care for either.
You aren't even narrowing it down to a decade.
Old 04-29-2016   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 66 1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Why should Hillary or Trump be in jail? Are these well formed thoughts or parroted phrases?
Well i'm not a lawyer, but we could start with
Racketeering & fraud for Trump. (currently under federal indictment & a few large class action civil cases) he has robed a lot of people.

Criminal negligence for the handling of our national security, for Hillary (currently under federal investigation)
Also what she did to the "movie maker" that she blamed the Benghazi 9-11 attack on.
Old 04-30-2016   #34
AWC
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Quote:
Well i'm not a lawyer, but we could start with
Racketeering & fraud for Trump. (currently under federal indictment & a few large class action civil cases) he has robed a lot of people.

Criminal negligence for the handling of our national security, for Hillary (currently under federal investigation)
Also what she did to the "movie maker" that she blamed the Benghazi 9-11 attack on.
Well I believe Trump has to be convicted first. And I believe the gop has really tried, and failed, to make that Benghazi point and it just doesn't wash. When Republicans don't get their way why don't they just put better candidates forward and do things democratically? That last Benghazi bullshit where Clinton was grilled until prime time was the cherry on top because it made her look presidential and made sweaty guy look petty. If she should be in prison that guy would have had her there. So you might think she should be in prison but every gop member in the country couldn't prove wrong doing. You might just be wrong.

Otherwise innocent until proven guilty is the American way. BTW, it's very very hard to send and receive classified materials. There are clean rooms set up for that task and it is pretty tough to believe that everyone in the government didn't notice. Perhaps it's being a bit dramatized.
Old 04-30-2016   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 251 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

I might vote for Cruz. I do think him jumping the gun and getting Fiorina as his running mate is an act of desperation. But who knows, they might let Trump think he won the nomination then boot him because they feel he's "unfit" for the job. It's hard for me to believe that ANYONE thought Trump would make it this far when he first announced he was running for President. I like Trump for not being afraid to speak his mind and call people out on their BS but at the same time I don't like how he gets childish when people call him out on things. I swing both ways where part of me is Democratic but have to keep that secret with my family because I was for the most part raised Conservative by the Church.

'14 Grand Cherokee Limited, OEM U-Connect 8.4a, JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, Arc xdi1200.6v2, Soundstream pn4.520d, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, ID15v3, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Seas Neo Aluminum...Rearfill done properly is a helluva drug!
Hillbilly SQ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2016   #36
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Well I believe Trump has to be convicted first.

It's about as clear of a case as possible. he has been found guilty of many similar scams. So a history and 3 current cases with dozens of plaintiffs is enough for me.

And I believe the gop has really tried, and failed, to make that Benghazi point and it just doesn't wash.

if it didn't "wash" the FBI wouldn't have opened the investigation a few weeks back. not the GOP the FBI

When Republicans don't get their way why don't they just put better candidates forward and do things democratically?

That's what they are trying to do.

That last Benghazi bullshit where Clinton was grilled until prime time was the cherry on top because it made her look presidential and made sweaty guy look petty. If she should be in prison that guy would have had her there. So you might think she should be in prison but every gop member in the country couldn't prove wrong doing. You might just be wrong.

Otherwise innocent until proven guilty is the American way. BTW, it's very very hard to send and receive classified materials. There are clean rooms set up for that task and it is pretty tough to believe that everyone in the government didn't notice. Perhaps it's being a bit dramatized.
As far as Benghazi, there is zero grey area, she knowingly lied and blamed the incident on the a reaction from protesters to a anti Muslim film. She repeated that lie multiple times, over weeks. I don't think that in itself was "criminal" But going after the film maker like she did is criminal. but who's going to go after her for that?
Old 04-30-2016   #37

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 70 Lord Raven will become famous soon enoughLord Raven will become famous soon enoughLord Raven will become famous soon enoughLord Raven will become famous soon enoughLord Raven will become famous soon enoughLord Raven will become famous soon enough

Donalds is winning, by more than 60% majorities in each state, as well. Horrifying.

Focal Utopia No.7 Active, JBL MS8, Pioneer DVD AVH-P8450BT
Arc Audio SE 2075 x 2 (TBe/3W2), Focal Dual Mono Direct LE (6W3), Focal FP 1.800 LE (Utopia 33WX V2) Focal Elite Wires, Toyota Camry
Lord Raven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2016   #38
AWC
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Quote:
As far as Benghazi, there is zero grey area, she knowingly lied and blamed the incident on the a reaction from protesters to a anti Muslim film. She repeated that lie multiple times, over weeks. I don't think that in itself was "criminal" But going after the film maker like she did is criminal. but who's going to go after her for that?
I don't need a POTUS to tell the truth, I need them to survive their lies while minimizing damage. She fucked, got 4 people killed and lied about it. W fucked up, got a quarter of a million people killed and lied about it. All told I'd go with the lesser of two evils. The FBI should examine the email problems but I have a problem with her sending hundreds of thousands of emails but nobody has a problem with it until she's running for president. It loses credibility in my eyes. Kind of like Cruz and kasich banding together to undermine the will of the people. I don't like it. I don't like Hillary either but I dislike her less than I dislike trump. I despise Cruz. Honestly, anybody but Cruz.
Old 04-30-2016   #39
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Kind of like Cruz and kasich banding together to undermine the will of the people. I don't like it. I don't like Hillary either but I dislike her less than I dislike trump. I despise Cruz. Honestly, anybody but Cruz.
As far as Cruz and Kasich banding together to stop Trump from getting 1237 this is normal politics' as it has been for decades. People are all of a sudden being outraged at the way states assign delegates is like people being mad at soccer for having offside rules. It's the rules, been this way for over a hundred years. Its like people never paid attention to the rules before now.

GOP is a private party, like a private company. It's primary goal is to come up with a way to pick a candidate that can beat the democrats and represent their values. It doesn't have anything to do with the "will of the people". Ending up with a candidate who has virtually zero chance of beating Hillary, like with Trump, sucks for the GOP and they know it.
Old 04-30-2016   #40
AWC
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Quote:
As far as Cruz and Kasich banding together to stop Trump from getting 1237 this is normal politics' as it has been for decades. People are all of a sudden being outraged at the way states assign delegates is like people being mad at soccer for having offside rules. It's the rules, been this way for over a hundred years. Its like people never paid attention to the rules before now.

GOP is a private party, like a private company. It's primary goal is to come up with a way to pick a candidate that can beat the democrats and represent their values. It doesn't have anything to do with the "will of the people". Ending up with a candidate who has virtually zero chance of beating Hillary, like with Trump, sucks for the GOP and they know it.
It's all been fun and games but the Internet has made information an addictive substance. Now that the public has access to mainline shit like old rules, old rules tend to change. Who knows, you may get protests or like trump says, riots. It's been handy to have these rules when nobody had access to them. Now it's like a time bomb.
Old 04-30-2016   #41
AWC
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

I would vote for Rand Paul except for women's rights issues. Honestly women's rights, global warming, minimum wage, ISIS and Obamacare are my issues in order of importance.
Old 05-03-2016   #42
AWC
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Ted is dead.
Old 05-03-2016   #43

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 70 Lord Raven will become famous soon enoughLord Raven will become famous soon enoughLord Raven will become famous soon enoughLord Raven will become famous soon enoughLord Raven will become famous soon enoughLord Raven will become famous soon enough

Obama made a joke in WHCD, it was something like, we home that Cleveland makes it through the summer. Can someone explain it to me?

Arc Audio SE 2075 x 2 (TBe/3W2), Focal Dual Mono Direct LE (6W3), Focal FP 1.800 LE (Utopia 33WX V2) Focal Elite Wires, Toyota Camry
Old 05-03-2016   #44
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raven View Post
Obama made a joke in WHCD, it was something like, we home that Cleveland makes it through the summer. Can someone explain it to me?
Cleveland is where the Republican convention is. There were riots in 1968 at a democrat convention, he thinks somehow there might be riot because of Trump winning.

I don't think so. Now that he's sure to get over 1237 there won't be fuss. The GOP will just have to hold there noise and vote the man in, game over, maybe 2020 they may get a strong Candidate.
Old 05-05-2016   #45

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Cleveland is where the Republican convention is. There were riots in 1968 at a democrat convention, he thinks somehow there might be riot because of Trump winning.

I don't think so. Now that he's sure to get over 1237 there won't be fuss. The GOP will just have to hold there noise and vote the man in, game over, maybe 2020 they may get a strong Candidate.
Thanks. That explains it

Old 05-05-2016   #46
Upgrade Your Membership!

Food Pimp

Rep Power: 237 chefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond repute

Gary Johnson...

Visit the Red River Shootout Facebook page for news and information around IASCA and MECA shows in the Texas/Southern Oklahoma region.
https://www.facebook.com/Red-River-S...4806316767250/
chefhow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2016   #47

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 97 lucky will become famous soon enoughlucky will become famous soon enoughlucky will become famous soon enoughlucky will become famous soon enoughlucky will become famous soon enoughlucky will become famous soon enough

I don't really believe it doesn't matter who the president is, at least as a blanket statement. Perhaps in economic matters the president wouldn't really affect much, but look at what our last two presidents have done.

One forced senseless wars down our throats leading to mass casualties, and WTF no cheap gas! Don't tell me the cheap gas we have now is because of the wars, it's the oil cartels. The other is forcing the left's brand of lunacy down the throats of school districts and school children. If I have a penis and like F-ing women because I "self-identify" as a lesbian, I guess I can go into the women's room....right? Sounds pretty preposterous....yes it does.

These kinds of things are pretty important aren't they? Unfortunately for me, at this point the choice doesn't come down to democrat/republican, lesser of two evils etc., it's about who would be the best at keeping the crazy fringes of our society at bay. Too bad neither of the candidates present a good choice for the things that matter for the MAJORITY of this country, and not just bible thumping gun loving and/or tranny loving sideshow.

I woulda probably voted for Kasich, as ineffectual as that would have been.

Last edited by lucky; 05-22-2016 at 05:55 AM..
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2016   #48

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 25 rob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enough

Quote:
We are now picking the lesser of evils...
This has been every election. We've always had the same 2 choices...turd burger or shit sandwich. It's just that this time our selections are worse than ever. Fun to watch though...sort of. A better question for the forum might be...which one do you think will select Martin Shrekli as a VP pick?
rob feature is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2016   #49
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 133 I800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of light

I think this last era of democrats and republicans brought in a much more willing culture related to bending rules and scamming legislation for personal benefits. Scandals are at an all time high in America and the public just assumes that's the nature of politics. That's despicable.

Politics used to carry a negative connotation. Our forefathers didn't want politics involved or parties formed. Those involved in politics were considered less than honourable. Those who formed political groups were considered weak minded. There's nothing wrong with a Partisan but when people band together and form groups while in government it seeds corruption. Who is going to protect us from those groups when they become malicious?

Our government wasn't designed to operate with bipartisan politics. It's beauty comes from the strength of each elected official to act independently of groups.

What's worse is that they've learned to manipulate our vote by teaching us to vote for "what we want". It's not about what I want. It should be about what's best for our country.

Don't mistake activity for accomplishment.
My '13 Jetta build...not finished
I800C0LLECT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2016   #50
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 133 I800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of light

I think the problem is that most people don't know how our government works. Then they start voting.

Don't mistake activity for accomplishment.
My '13 Jetta build...not finished
I800C0LLECT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement