LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2006   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 120 Nothingness will become famous soon enoughNothingness will become famous soon enoughNothingness will become famous soon enoughNothingness will become famous soon enoughNothingness will become famous soon enoughNothingness will become famous soon enough

Default Anyone know how to hack into Dishnetwork?

I just enrolled in Dishnetwork to get ONE channel and the channel blacks out the ONE thing I want to watch. This channel is Fox Bay Area, a channel I had when I was living in N. Cali. Now that I am in Oregon, I ask Dish if I can get that one channel...they say no. Then I call again and ask what other options there are to get hockey (particularly the Sharks games). They say I can get the hockey program. I say I don't want that since their 1/2 season special is basically done because the season is over in one game. Then they tell me about this Fox Sports Net programming I can get where I can get all of the Fox Sports Net programs. I buy into it just so I can get the Bay Area station...heck...I love hockey so why not have the others, too, so I can watch some of the other games in the playoff season. Well, those are blacked out too (though I'd not even care to have Dish knowing first and foremost that the Bay Area one is blacked out during the games). So I go to cancel it...2 calls AND 5 hours after it has been installed. They say it will be $240 to cancel now.

I'd like to hack their system for getting screwed over. Anyone know how I can do this so I can watch my hockey? I don't mind being illegal since their form of legality is to sell me something that does not give me results. Oh yeah, and it took them 10 days and 8 missed Sharks playoff run games for them to get out and install it.

Anyone want to help me? PM me please. Thanks!!!
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 140 newtitan will become famous soon enoughnewtitan will become famous soon enoughnewtitan will become famous soon enoughnewtitan will become famous soon enoughnewtitan will become famous soon enoughnewtitan will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Anyone know how to hack into Dishnetwork?

welp its actually legal to intercept canadian airwaves

so

do some research on these

http://cgi.ebay.com/DREAMBOX-DM7020-...QQcmdZViewItem

they are one of the best, or so I have heard , tivo included, add a hard drive and your goog to go
newtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006   #3

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 120 Nothingness will become famous soon enoughNothingness will become famous soon enoughNothingness will become famous soon enoughNothingness will become famous soon enoughNothingness will become famous soon enoughNothingness will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtitan

so

do some research on these

http://cgi.ebay.com/DREAMBOX-DM7020-...QQcmdZViewItem

they are one of the best, or so I have heard , tivo included, add a hard drive and your goog to go
How about the Coolsat? Will it get any of the US stations in? I need my hockey NOW!!!
Old 04-19-2006   #4

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 118 murphman will become famous soon enoughmurphman will become famous soon enoughmurphman will become famous soon enoughmurphman will become famous soon enoughmurphman will become famous soon enoughmurphman will become famous soon enough

almost all fta boxes can recieve the programming u r looking for,just need the right file
you could also learn how to program your plastic---
murphman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 122 xencloud will become famous soon enoughxencloud will become famous soon enoughxencloud will become famous soon enoughxencloud will become famous soon enoughxencloud will become famous soon enoughxencloud will become famous soon enough

wow, that thing looks great....any details on how to make it work? Or is it plug-and-play? lol
xencloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 140 newtitan will become famous soon enoughnewtitan will become famous soon enoughnewtitan will become famous soon enoughnewtitan will become famous soon enoughnewtitan will become famous soon enoughnewtitan will become famous soon enough

there are some fourms around that tell you how to get it to work.

you need the box, a harddrive, and a roof atenna, some cable obviosuly, and some tuning skills

its costly upfront, but think no cable bills

im getting one next month I think
Old 04-19-2006   #7

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 131 sqkev will become famous soon enoughsqkev will become famous soon enoughsqkev will become famous soon enoughsqkev will become famous soon enoughsqkev will become famous soon enoughsqkev will become famous soon enough

I have been watching FTA with the pansat 2500a for more than 2 years now. Not much to it once you know the basics.

go here http://forums.al7bar.tk/

btw...since you have dishnetwork already installed, you don't need to point your dish, it's basically plug-n-play for you now.
sqkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #8

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 117 carter will become famous soon enoughcarter will become famous soon enoughcarter will become famous soon enoughcarter will become famous soon enoughcarter will become famous soon enoughcarter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hey, leave our airwaves alone!

Alpine 9835 - Seas G18RNX - Zapco Ref 200.2 - Zapco Ref 500.1
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #9

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 111 doggboy will become famous soon enoughdoggboy will become famous soon enoughdoggboy will become famous soon enoughdoggboy will become famous soon enoughdoggboy will become famous soon enoughdoggboy will become famous soon enough

Easiest way is FTA like everyone is saying. You can program cards but you have to Jtag your reciever and that doesn't work on some of the newer ones.
Check out Orasat recievers on Ebay, they have digital audio out, one of the best pictures and are designed by the guys who used to do coolsat so support is good. Check out DSStester.com, it has all the info you need.
doggboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

you CANNOT use a "free" receiver using dish (thats what I meant lol) satellites

you have to pull it down, and use your own "purchased" unit

using your "own" dish is legal, using one that came from, hads anything stating directv is REAL illegal and you will catch some serious fines be careful

Last edited by newtitan; 04-20-2006 at 05:19 PM..
Old 04-20-2006   #11

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 111 doggboy will become famous soon enoughdoggboy will become famous soon enoughdoggboy will become famous soon enoughdoggboy will become famous soon enoughdoggboy will become famous soon enoughdoggboy will become famous soon enough

Yeah,hacking satalite is illeagal. Directv is not publicly hacked anymore, so all you can do is dish. "Free To Air" boxes are comletely leagal by themselves as there are unencrypted satalite signals you can watch. They only become illeagal once you flash them with the nessecary firmware to decrypt the dish signal.
It is not leagal to intecept and decode canandian signals, they are encrypted. It was leagal for a while for canadians to hack directv, because they couldn't buy it up there, and there wasn't legislation in place to prevent it since directv wasn't a candian company.
It's not worth the risk for me, as I just don't watch that much TV, but it's pretty hard to get caught if you're smart about it.
doggboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #12

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 131 sqkev will become famous soon enoughsqkev will become famous soon enoughsqkev will become famous soon enoughsqkev will become famous soon enoughsqkev will become famous soon enoughsqkev will become famous soon enough

Quote:
you CANNOT use a "free" receiver using dish (thats what I meant lol) satellites

you have to pull it down, and use your own "purchased" unit

using your "own" dish is legal, using one that came from, hads anything stating directv is REAL illegal and you will catch some serious fines be careful
when you cancel your service with dishnetwork, they only want their receivers back, not the dishes.

You're not hacking anything. The dish 500pro dishes aren't much different from any other dishes from the swapmeet.
Old 04-30-2006   #13

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqkev
when you cancel your service with dishnetwork, they only want their receivers back, not the dishes.

You're not hacking anything. The dish 500pro dishes aren't much different from any other dishes from the swapmeet.
Will the Dish 500 be effective enough for use with the Pansat/Coolsat/Orosat/etc. receivers or will I need a larger dish? I'm cancelling my Dishnetwork before my 30 day grace period. Thanks for any help and thanks to those that have posted. I really appreciate it!
Old 05-03-2006   #14

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 120 ludlamtheory will become famous soon enoughludlamtheory will become famous soon enoughludlamtheory will become famous soon enoughludlamtheory will become famous soon enoughludlamtheory will become famous soon enoughludlamtheory will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to ludlamtheory Send a message via MSN to ludlamtheory

you've all got me curious,
and ive got to ask a horribly retarded question
do you have to be somewhat near the canadian border to do this?

the revolution is over, and so as to not inconvenience anyone, nothing has changed...

diyma land yacht club co-founder

civic got wrecked.
caprice station wagon about to get some love...
ludlamtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #15

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 iceman_ca will become famous soon enoughiceman_ca will become famous soon enoughiceman_ca will become famous soon enoughiceman_ca will become famous soon enoughiceman_ca will become famous soon enoughiceman_ca will become famous soon enough

No you don't have to be near the Canadain border. Canuck tv beams as far down as northern Florida. I would stay away from Orasat, and Pansat. go with Viewsat or Coolsat. If u have some computer skills then dreambox. But dreambox has a prety high learning curve.
iceman_ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006   #16

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 iceman_ca will become famous soon enoughiceman_ca will become famous soon enoughiceman_ca will become famous soon enoughiceman_ca will become famous soon enoughiceman_ca will become famous soon enoughiceman_ca will become famous soon enough

oh yeh a larger dish is not required for dish or bev you can pick it up with std 18"
iceman_ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #17

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingness
Will the Dish 500 be effective enough for use with the Pansat/Coolsat/Orosat/etc. receivers or will I need a larger dish? I'm cancelling my Dishnetwork before my 30 day grace period. Thanks for any help and thanks to those that have posted. I really appreciate it!
totally forgot about this thread,

the dish500 is good enough.

Right now it may not be the best time to buy receivers though, as dishnetwork is moving their channels all over the place, maybe wait a bit til everything settles down a bit.
Old 05-20-2006   #18

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 130 zfactor is on a distinguished roadzfactor is on a distinguished roadzfactor is on a distinguished roadzfactor is on a distinguished roadzfactor is on a distinguished road

man id love more info on this????

saw this and had to put it here:
you cant polish a turd, but you can always chrome it! -Nasser Abo Abdo, president of audiobahn

--with enough hot glue you can install anything"
zfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #19

Banned

Rep Power: 0 quest51210 will become famous soon enoughquest51210 will become famous soon enoughquest51210 will become famous soon enoughquest51210 will become famous soon enoughquest51210 will become famous soon enoughquest51210 will become famous soon enough

dream box? this sounds like a cool alternative. any issues with the new broadcast system?
quest51210 is offline   Reply With Quote