Do you think people who commit murder deserve a second chance in life? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2017   #1

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 65 Mayosandwich will become famous soon enoughMayosandwich will become famous soon enoughMayosandwich will become famous soon enoughMayosandwich will become famous soon enoughMayosandwich will become famous soon enoughMayosandwich will become famous soon enough

Default Do you think people who commit murder deserve a second chance in life?

Do you think some people who commit murder aren't nessecarily bad people but often misunderstood in life?

Would you ever give a person who has a record of 1st degree murder a chance in life?
Mayosandwich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2017   #2

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 53 fasfocus00 will become famous soon enoughfasfocus00 will become famous soon enoughfasfocus00 will become famous soon enoughfasfocus00 will become famous soon enoughfasfocus00 will become famous soon enoughfasfocus00 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Do you think people who commit murder deserve a second chance in life?

killing people? military does it, so do we lock up the military personnel that kill "the enemy"? personally, there needs to be circumstance taken into account. there are some people that should be killed. let's say it was a father who's son was molested by a priest. I deem that justified. let's say it was a possessive husband who killed his wife for Facebook friend requesting another guy. that's not justified and doesn't deserve to live.
fasfocus00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017   #3
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Victory Sonics

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 155 Victor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Do you think people who commit murder deserve a second chance in life?

Murder is not acceptable under no circumstances, Human being should not kill another human being.

Why is people so vindictive and unforgiving these days in America? Why is every sentence is like 100 years in prison without parole if not 5 lifetimes? What is the purpose of such sentence if not vendetta? And funny enough we call it "corrections".
once there is a record, our society give a zero chance to those people to return to normal life. Employers supposedly only can see 7 years back, on paper that is.
In reality At one of my jobs we asked sheriff's department to run background checks for us and they don`t have 7 years limitations.
One guy applied for a job with armed robbery conviction at the age of 18. Well he was in his 50th at the time and still didn't` get the job. He served his time, was released on parole and couldn't find the job... Wonderfull society we live in....
Victor_inox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017   #4

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 65 Mayosandwich will become famous soon enoughMayosandwich will become famous soon enoughMayosandwich will become famous soon enoughMayosandwich will become famous soon enoughMayosandwich will become famous soon enoughMayosandwich will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasfocus00 View Post
killing people? military does it, so do we lock up the military personnel that kill "the enemy"? personally, there needs to be circumstance taken into account. there are some people that should be killed. let's say it was a father who's son was molested by a priest. I deem that justified. let's say it was a possessive husband who killed his wife for Facebook friend requesting another guy. that's not justified and doesn't deserve to live.
How about people who kill their spouse or parents for their life insurance? They either do it or get a hitman).
Mayosandwich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017   #5

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 53 fasfocus00 will become famous soon enoughfasfocus00 will become famous soon enoughfasfocus00 will become famous soon enoughfasfocus00 will become famous soon enoughfasfocus00 will become famous soon enoughfasfocus00 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayosandwich View Post
How about people who kill their spouse or parents for their life insurance? They either do it or get a hitman).
again depends on circumstance. was the parent abusive? were their parents molesters? was the spouse abusive? did the spouse cheat and give you an STD? there are so many different circumstances that can justify killing someone. i also don't believe that temporary insanity is a way to get out of a murder charge.
fasfocus00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017   #6
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 134 cmusic will become famous soon enoughcmusic will become famous soon enoughcmusic will become famous soon enoughcmusic will become famous soon enoughcmusic will become famous soon enoughcmusic will become famous soon enough

When I was in college I worked one summer at my local senior citizen's center. We had a guy, John, that was in jail come to work every day on work release and then he had to spend his nights back in jail. He was a real good guy with a calm temper and did any work needed around the center from janitorial work to assisting wheelchair bound senior citizens use the bathroom. In the summer I working with him I never saw him ever get upset or mad.

A few weeks after I stated working there I had to go one morning and check John out of jail. On the way over to the center I asked him what he was in jail for. "I killed a man in a bar fight" he calmly said. I was startled but he was honest about it. The first thing that I thought was "I've got a murderer here in the car with me!". John had gotten into a fight with a guy at a bar, the other guy pulled a knife and as they tangled, he grabbed the knife away and stabbed the guy in the lung one time. Later in the autopsy it was found the knife sliced though the man's lung and went into his heart cavity, where it sliced a main artery going to his heart. The man died in less than one minute of being stabbed. The attacker was dead before medical personnel got to the bar. Witnesses at the bar told police that John was the one attacked and John did not have the knife, his attacker did.

John was first arraigned on murder charges. He later plead guilty of the lesser charge of 3rd degree manslaughter since the prosecutor figured he could not get a murder conviction based on witness testimony. John was sentenced to 1 year in county jail (no state prison) and 10 years of probation. Due to good behavior he was put into the day work program at the jail and was allowed to work for about a dollar per hour at the senior citizen's home.

I think it really depends on the circumstances. If the killing was premeditated then it is definitely murder. If you kill someone while defending yourself, then it is not murder.
cmusic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 208 tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

1st degree murder means premeditated. I would be hard-pressed to say that was a crime deserving of less than the maximum punishment. Murdering someone for their life insurance? Come on... spouse or parents? No. That's a capital offense in my book, all the way.

"You never know why you're alive until you know what you would die for." - Bart Millard

'04 Tahoe -- Pioneer/ID HLCDs/SI TM65 mkII x4/JBL W15GTi x3/Zapco Z-series & Z8
'09 370Z -- Pioneer/Morel/Dynaudio/SI Magv3 x2/Sundown and Zapco DC amps and DRC-SL
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 253 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Pre-meditated...YES. Self defense...NO. People say they'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by six, but the family of the deceased is going to make your life a living hell for a long time and cost you a lot of money because ______ was just starting to turn his/her life aroundIf someone does you wrong, dragging the offender through the mud might be the only option to keep you free even if the debt it creates makes you a prisoner for the rest of your life. I guess if you have to kill someone trying to harm you you have to make that split second decision on if it's worth dealing of a shady lawyer hired by the deceased.

'14 Grand Cherokee Limited, OEM U-Connect 8.4a, JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, Arc xdi1200.6v2, Soundstream tn1.1200d, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, Alumapro Alusonic 12 ported, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Seas Neo Aluminum...Rearfill done properly is a helluva drug!
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 253 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

As for people who kill someone just to get their jollies off or they can't control their rage, some people just can't be "fixed" and should be isolated from society.

'14 Grand Cherokee Limited, OEM U-Connect 8.4a, JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, Arc xdi1200.6v2, Soundstream tn1.1200d, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, Alumapro Alusonic 12 ported, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Seas Neo Aluminum...Rearfill done properly is a helluva drug!
Old 01-12-2017   #10
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 48 SQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
As for people who kill someone just to get their jollies off or they can't control their rage, some people just can't be "fixed" and should be isolated from society.
Agree, some people are natural defects of society and cannot be fixed. Prisons are not for rehabilitation, it's for punishment. An "eye for an eye" seems reasonable to me. But that principle is not always black and white. I grew up in a country where no police force was available in my area, so revenge and swift retaliation was necessary to keep your family safe and deter future victimization. I would choose other options now but still like the principle of "an eye for an eye times 10" when it comes to rapists and child molesters.

Avoid trading time for $$$ with few short-term exceptions.
SQLnovice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQLnovice View Post
Agree, some people are natural defects of society and cannot be fixed. Prisons are not for rehabilitation, it's for punishment. An "eye for an eye" seems reasonable to me. But that principle is not always black and white. I grew up in a country where no police force was available in my area, so revenge and swift retaliation was necessary to keep your family safe and deter future victimization. I would choose other options now but still like the principle of "an eye for an eye times 10" when it comes to rapists and child molesters.
Where are you from originally? Hell, there are places here in Arkansas where when stuff goes down you have to take matters into your own hands. Kinda makes me pissed at how many times my buddy has sent me up to the truck unarmed at night at a secluded boat ramp...I carry a flashlight that will blind just about anyone now so I know what I'm walking up on!

Old 01-12-2017   #12
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 48 SQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Where are you from originally? Hell, there are places here in Arkansas where when stuff goes down you have to take matters into your own hands. Kinda makes me pissed at how many times my buddy has sent me up to the truck unarmed at night at a secluded boat ramp...I carry a flashlight that will blind just about anyone now so I know what I'm walking up on!
Guyana. I left there in 1989. Things are different there now. But going to the police was never an option. If one did, they had to hire a taxi, go on a few hrs drive, then bring him/her back to the crime scene. Then take him back to the police station. All at your expense. The 16 years I lived there, no one in my village ever had the police involved in any situation.

You need to mount that flashlight under a Remington 870.

Avoid trading time for $$$ with few short-term exceptions.
SQLnovice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQLnovice View Post
Guyana. I left there in 1989. Things are different there now. But going to the police was never an option. If one did, they had to hire a taxi, go on a few hrs drive, then bring him/her back to the crime scene. Then take him back to the police station. All at your expense. The 16 years I lived there, no one in my village ever had the police involved in any situation.

You need to mount that flashlight under a Remington 870.
My cousin went to Guyana a couple times on medical trips through her work in the early 90's. Kinda shitty the police didn't seem to care about the citizens, but whatever. I don't even own a gun! Not that I don't like them, but just never made a purchase.

Old 01-12-2017   #14
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Victory Sonics

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 155 Victor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the rough

How would you guys explain that USA has highest in the world incarceration per capita?

Is that americans just criminals by nature or maybe there is another reasons?
Old 01-12-2017   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
How would you guys explain that USA has highest in the world incarceration per capita?

Is that americans just criminals by nature or maybe there is another reasons?
Our young country here has a very shaky past. Always gonna be people hurting each other. People who are smart don't go where they have no business going and keep their nose out of business that doesn't concern them. Keep in mind that the natives were killed off for the most part and most of the people here now have very little if any native blood in them. I'm 1/16 Native American iirc. Some people in my family show the features more than others in how they're built.

Old 01-12-2017   #16

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 11 WilliamS will become famous soon enoughWilliamS will become famous soon enoughWilliamS will become famous soon enoughWilliamS will become famous soon enoughWilliamS will become famous soon enoughWilliamS will become famous soon enough

100% circumstance in my opinion. Jails are a flawed broken system, our government is a flawed broken system to handle them. In the long run it comes down to why did they do it, and can the function outside afterwards without harm to themselves of society.

A parent protecting their family, or Samaritan helping someone in grave need, our military (to extent of orders) and so on. If they can take a life, not that anyone should but if they were in a situation of them or the bad guy and still be able to live in society then its justifiable. On the flip side, your a kid or even an adult and just do it out of rage, hate, racism, even religion, then no these types of people need help. What kind of help is up to the person. Some people just do not need help, they need to go old school and visit sparky, and some people just need isolation and therapy.

There is no easy or black and white answer. As a whole, everyone has a story, and that story will deem them able for that second chance.
WilliamS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017   #17
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Victory Sonics

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Our young country here has a very shaky past. Always gonna be people hurting each other. People who are smart don't go where they have no business going and keep their nose out of business that doesn't concern them. Keep in mind that the natives were killed off for the most part and most of the people here now have very little if any native blood in them. I'm 1/16 Native American iirc. Some people in my family show the features more than others in how they're built.
People hurting each other in every country.but it didn't answer my question why is we leading in incarceration rates.
And that is not a good one to lead. Ever China and Russia behind US on that.
Do you think they have less crime? Scandinavian countries has smallest incarnation rates and shortest prison sentences. Perhaps they doing something right? Or we are so different it doesn't apply to us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

It seems like most people don't care to actually understand reality.
Old 01-12-2017   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 117 TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to all

Victor, the war on drugs. That explains it. Not saying that i agree with it, but thats what pushes our incarceration rate over the top.

98 Dodge Neon Meca Extreme Class Build
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...-timer-sq.html
TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 117 TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to all

To expand on that...

Its a well known fact outside of the US (in those scandanavian countries for instance) that incentives for good behavior work better than punishment for bad behavior.

But the US is a punishment based society. Always has been. Its going to take a lot to change that.

Old 01-12-2017   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

And i guess to cap that off, in the US it seems now days the general sentiment is that personal freedom trumps personal responsibility. We dont care about fixing the actual problem, we just want a quick fix for the symptoms.

Had a heart attack? Give me some pills and a pacemaker, but dont you dare infringe on my freedom by telling me to excersize and eat healthier.

Old 01-12-2017   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL View Post
And i guess to cap that off, in the US it seems now days the general sentiment is that personal freedom trumps personal responsibility. We dont care about fixing the actual problem, we just want a quick fix for the symptoms.

Had a heart attack? Give me some pills and a pacemaker, but dont you dare infringe on my freedom by telling me to excersize and eat healthier.
That's how I feel about it. Now, I do know that neurological issues can play a big part on how someone acts. I know this from personal experience. With the help of medication that altar's how the brain works someone who would otherwise be bad can be a very good asset to society. No one is born perfect and medication isn't a BAD thing if the diagnosis is correct. Too many people are misdiagnosed and taking pills for a problem they don't have. If someone's neuro problems aren't caught early enough and corrected they can end up in a life of crime and never escape. The problem is, some people don't want to be helped. I'm very aware of the neurological side of things for reasons I won't go into right now, but lots of people are living proof that if they seek help from the right people their life will be a lot better over the long haul.

Old 01-12-2017   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Quote:
Victor, the war on drugs. That explains it. Not saying that i agree with it, but thats what pushes our incarceration rate over the top.
If the govt can't make money off of it they make it illegal. Can't believe they haven't figured out now to charge people for how much air they breathe. That would cause mass obesity thoughI'm not saying meth, heroin, and the other extra nasty drugs should be used. I have a cousin that used to make meth. Man that's some nasty shit!

Old 01-12-2017   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Absolutely agreed, Victor, also from personal experience that i eont get into in this thread. And like you said, you cant help someone that doesnt want help. But often, and ive seen this first hand, parents are too proud (or scared) to find help for their own children that they dont get help early enough.

Old 01-12-2017   #24
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Victory Sonics

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Quote:
To expand on that...

Its a well known fact outside of the US (in those scandanavian countries for instance) that incentives for good behavior work better than punishment for bad behavior.

But the US is a punishment based society. Always has been. Its going to take a lot to change that.
Incentives for good behavior works better everywhere but you right US is punishment based society, until that changed we will be paying for incarceration of more people, sentenced to longer times.

Every inmate cost anywhere from 20 to 50 thousand a year to taxpayers.
and now when we have new president in office that would be great business opportunities to cash up on that.
Cost of prosecuting one inmate sentenced to death is even more that lifetime sentence.
Old 01-12-2017   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Quote:
If the govt can't make money off of it they make it illegal. Can't believe they haven't figured out now to charge people for how much air they breathe. That would cause mass obesity thoughI'm not saying meth, heroin, and the other extra nasty drugs should be used. I have a cousin that used to make meth. Man that's some nasty shit!
Ha, yeah thats about right. And thats coming from someone who works for a local government. (And has gotten in trouble for working as hard as i can. Had i coasted like everyone else, i would have a perfect discipline record)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement