Losing my dog to cancer - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5 Days Ago   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 207 tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Losing my dog to cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineball76 View Post
To hell with him. Let him keep smoking the big pharma c*ck. Cbd is proven effective at lessening the pain and loss of appetite. If it wasn't, then why is half the country allowing medicinal marijuana? I guess that's just a hoax? I've asked him to kindly leave his negative opinions at the door. I mean he's seriously trolling such a thread? He's really not worth the reply anymore.

Sent from my LG-V20 using Tapatalk
I never debated those things. But don't expect to throw out uneducated and blatantly inflammatory bullshit about an entire industry of people who have spent decades of their lives training so that they might dedicate their careers towards helping others and saving lives and not get called out on it.

You, being a truck driver who reads about the wonderful effects of CBD oil on the intarwebz, obviously know a shitload more about curing cancer than all those people do.

Like I said... I feel sorry for your dog. I really do. You... meh.

"You never know why you're alive until you know what you would die for." - Bart Millard

'04 Tahoe -- Pioneer/ID HLCDs/SI TM65 mkII x4/JBL W15GTi x3/Zapco Z-series & Z8
'09 370Z -- Pioneer/Morel/Dynaudio/SI Magv3 x2/Sundown and Zapco DC amps and DRC-SL
tRidiot is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5 Days Ago   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

Hungry all the time

Rep Power: 141 fcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enough

Ok girls, back on topic. Dog.
fcarpio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to fcarpio For This Useful Post:
nineball76 (5 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 105 nineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enough

She has stopped eating any kind of dog food. Yesterday she ate 2 large chicken breasts mixed with 2 cupsof brown rice. That's the most she's eaten in a week. So far today she's woken up with a little more energy but I think she can do better. Have to try to get more carbs in her body. That's not been easy. She wasn't too fond of the rice. Hopefully some other veggies cooked in the crock pot will be more to her liking.

It seems the more food and less water she takes in is also lessening her incontinence. Hopefully her wearing diapers will only be a nighttime thing.

nineball76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Days Ago   #29
Blu
Upgrade Your Membership!

Charles

Rep Power: 108 Blu will become famous soon enoughBlu will become famous soon enoughBlu will become famous soon enoughBlu will become famous soon enoughBlu will become famous soon enoughBlu will become famous soon enough

What a beautiful girl Chula is!
Sending positive thoughts to you both - I can't begin to imagine how painful this must be.
Stay strong.

The more I start to understand, the more I realize I have so much to learn.
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Days Ago   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 105 nineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
What a beautiful girl Chula is!
Sending positive thoughts to you both - I can't begin to imagine how painful this must be.
Stay strong.
Thank you

Old 4 Days Ago   #31
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 43 DavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enough

Btw, you might want to take some of the things she doesn't like, like the rice, and throw them in a blender with stuff she does like.
Example: blend the rice and veggies just a little, and then chop small chunks of chicken and mix it together.

My wife was furious when she overheard me saying I want to do a 3 way in my Jeep. 2016 Wrangler 2 Door - Morel MT250 Tweeters - Morel Hybrid MW6 Midbass - Hertz Mille Rear fill- Sundown Zv.4 & SCV-2000D - Arc XDi - Mosconi Pico 2 - MiniDSP - source Fiio X3
DavidRam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to DavidRam For This Useful Post:
nineball76 (4 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #32
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 43 DavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enough

Also, there is an interesting documentary about the pet food industry on Netflix called Pet Fooled.
You might want to check it out. It has great information about all the bad stuff that goes into pet food that causes serious health issues, and it also covers the important nutrients that pets need...

Personally, I am a little bit of a health food fanatic and I eat extremely healthy... I believe that both in humans and animals, the right foods (especially a vegetable heavy diet for humans) can literally give the body the power to cure itself of diseases (even cancer).

My wife was furious when she overheard me saying I want to do a 3 way in my Jeep. 2016 Wrangler 2 Door - Morel MT250 Tweeters - Morel Hybrid MW6 Midbass - Hertz Mille Rear fill- Sundown Zv.4 & SCV-2000D - Arc XDi - Mosconi Pico 2 - MiniDSP - source Fiio X3
The Following User Says Thank You to DavidRam For This Useful Post:
nineball76 (4 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Thanks David! I don't currently have a blender in the truck but I'm taking a new approach. The rice I've been using was the pre made stuff. Uncle Ben's or minute rice. Bought a crock pot and made up a batch with regular uncooked brown rice, peas, 93% lean ground beef, sweet potatoes, carrots, and kidney beans. Hopefully tonight she'll eat like a queen.

Tried an egg white, white rice, turkey bacon and cheese concoction, she's not touching at all. Not even picking out the stuff she normally goes for.

Her energy is up a little today. Still a little slow, but had moments where she jogged for a few seconds. Hopefully as I get some more carbs in her she'll be up and at em a little better.

Tits job sucks. Can't send the time I'd really like to be taking care of her. Need to get home and get both of us back on track.

Old 4 Days Ago   #34
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 150 Beau will become famous soon enoughBeau will become famous soon enoughBeau will become famous soon enoughBeau will become famous soon enoughBeau will become famous soon enoughBeau will become famous soon enough

I, too, am sorry for what you are going through.

My almost 13 year old Lab is slowly dying. I am not an overtly emotional man, but it tears me apart. All I can do is love him.

And that is all you can do.

And it sounds as if you are.

Good for you for loving hard those you love.
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Beau For This Useful Post:
nineball76 (4 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

I'm pulling my hair out. Bought a crock pot to start making her healthier foods, plugged it in and poof! The electronics can't handle a modified sine wave inverter. Grrrr

Old 4 Days Ago   #36
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
I, too, am sorry for what you are going through.

My almost 13 year old Lab is slowly dying. I am not an overtly emotional man, but it tears me apart. All I can do is love him.

And that is all you can do.

And it sounds as if you are.

Good for you for loving hard those you love.
I'm doing for her every moment of the day. Up at 5, finally to bed at midnight. Thanks. I hope you and your puppers get some much needed rest soon as well. My love to you and yours.

Old 4 Days Ago   #37
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 82 Viggen will become famous soon enoughViggen will become famous soon enoughViggen will become famous soon enoughViggen will become famous soon enoughViggen will become famous soon enoughViggen will become famous soon enough

They just never live long enough....

I have a 2002 model Brittany spaniel, a few weeks ago he stopped using one of his front legs (thought it was just a sprain) then it came to the point where he started whining at night... he was in lots of pain...l took him to the vet after 3 days of no improvement even after Benadryl..... turns out he has a tumor pinching his nerve that goes down his right front leg. Gave me two kinds of meds to give him to help alleviate the pain..... he's still eating and is back to moving around however I know my days are numbered with him.
Viggen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Days Ago   #38
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

We might be in real trouble here. Just cooked up a hamburger and a ground turkey patties. She barely touched either.

Old 2 Days Ago   #39
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 150 Beau will become famous soon enoughBeau will become famous soon enoughBeau will become famous soon enoughBeau will become famous soon enoughBeau will become famous soon enoughBeau will become famous soon enough

PM Sent
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Days Ago   #40
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineball76 View Post
We might be in real trouble here. Just cooked up a hamburger and a ground turkey patties. She barely touched either.

Any updates??

Old 1 Day Ago   #41
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
Any updates??
Finally got into her regular Dr yesterday. She said that the mass is affecting her intestinal digestion, causing discomfort and not being able to digest her food. She put her on a couple new medications one to help the bile to completely digest food, a pain med to help calm any irritation she's having, and an appetite stimulant to help get her eating again. I put down a bowl shortly after getting home and she ate every bit of it. And even more before bed. Still more incontinence through the night but that's easily cleaned up. She was full of energy last night and is sleeping it off now.

The Following User Says Thank You to nineball76 For This Useful Post:
DavidRam (1 Day Ago)
Old 1 Day Ago   #42
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

And I also have an interview tomorrow with a local company. Being home everyday would be healthy for both of us. She'll be close to both her Dr and her oncologist, and I'll be within a few minutes of a gym if I ever decide to do that again.

Old 1 Day Ago   #43
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 24 bilbo6209 will become famous soon enoughbilbo6209 will become famous soon enoughbilbo6209 will become famous soon enoughbilbo6209 will become famous soon enoughbilbo6209 will become famous soon enoughbilbo6209 will become famous soon enough

I truely hope for the best for both of you!

Please stay strong and remember there are people who care about you and even if we aren't there physically so many of us are there emotionally and spiritually with you!!!

Many of us have lost pets and really do understand at least some of what you are feeling!!!

Please keep up posted, when you can, so we can do what we can to help you through this horrid time!

bilbo6209 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to bilbo6209 For This Useful Post:
nineball76 (1 Day Ago)
Old 1 Day Ago   #44
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbo6209 View Post
I truely hope for the best for both of you!

Please stay strong and remember there are people who care about you and even if we aren't there physically so many of us are there emotionally and spiritually with you!!!

Many of us have lost pets and really do understand at least some of what you are feeling!!!

Please keep up posted, when you can, so we can do what we can to help you through this horrid time!
I've rarely been the type to show much emotion beyond anger or rage. Depression is one thing, being truly sad is a whole other experience for me. Haven't kept pets in a long time before Chula. I tried once about 15 years ago but shortly after getting a dog then, I started working for a company who wouldn't allow pets in the vehicle. Before that, our family had a Sharpei that died of natural causes. And when I was a kid, we had a Fox Terrier that had to be put down due to diabetes. This type of emotional attachment to a pet hasn't been completely a part of my entire everyday life. I do feel more for animals than people. Guilt for every steak, chicken breast, or salmon fillet I eat.

I've been reading about the future of non animal meats coming in maybe 5 years. Stem cell technology allowing us meat eaters to enjoy eating without the need to slaughter animals by the millions. I can give up drugs, alcohol, womanizing, but meat is an addiction I just can't kick.

Anyways, sorry for the somewhat off topic, but this is off topic section, lol. I know we love our pets, for sine of us they are every bit as important as children to us. Chula and I thank you all for your support and care. I wish nothing but long happy lives for all of you and your fur babies.

Here she is yesterday. Happy and carrying her baby, on our way to see the Dr. 😊

Sponsored Links
Advertisement