How do you cope in working for an a-hole of a boss? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5 Days Ago   #1

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 64 Mayosandwich will become famous soon enoughMayosandwich will become famous soon enoughMayosandwich will become famous soon enoughMayosandwich will become famous soon enoughMayosandwich will become famous soon enoughMayosandwich will become famous soon enough

Default How do you cope in working for an a-hole of a boss?

Without getting into too much detail (cause I can go on and on), but I have come up with a plan a couple months ago and always looking for advice on how to cope in my situation.

Here's the rundown.

1) Boss has a temper of an 8 year old and has serious issues. Could really benefit from anger management courses.
2) Has no control over his emotions what so ever. Lashes out like an immature child quite often.
3) Never takes accountability for their own actions and mistakes.
4) Always thinks he is right
5) Has the worst organizational skills of any person that I've ever met in my 36 year life. No sense of time management what so ever.
6) Always makes excuses
7) Talks to you (and only you) with total disrespect and arrogance, in an extremely condescending tone of voice. Is nice when he wants to be, but it's not sincere, it's fake as hell. He just puts on an act.
8) Treats your much differently than the rest of the staff
9) Always has to be reminded, babysat and hounded on.
10) Doesn't like questions being asked to him by you and only you.
11) Is a severe procrastinator
12) Is a pervert, he likes to check out underage girls. He always chooses this one restaurant so he can check out the 16 year old waitresses in mini-skirts.
13) Is phoney as hell, puts on a temporary happy face when needed, not sincere, can't be taken seriously. Keep your emotions at level, never get too high or low with him.
14) At first I thought there was a possible bi-polar, split personality, but now l've seen that he's not bi-polar, he's just a serious a-hole, douchebag, prick, he's all of them.
15) Thinks he is Mr. Perfect
16) Jumps to conclusions, always blames you for everything!
17) Is not a good listener, he doesn't care what you have to say when you are trying to explain something, he will intentionally cut you off every single time with his retarded comments.
18) Has a massive ego
19) Fake as hell! Everything about his personality is fake as hell.
20) Never, ever...ever apologizes.
21) Has favorites in the company, treats his favourites with much more respect.
22) Is downright mean, he's simply a bully.
23) Looking at his face makes you wanna puke.
24) Even being around him once a week is more than enough for you. Makes you wanna gag.
25) Often blows fuses at you, with or without others around.
26) Will often make a mockery of you and embarrass you when in group situations.

That's all that I can think of, I will add if I am forgetting any.

Here is a brief summary on my gameplan that I came up with a couple months ago.

- Like the saying goes, "Fake it till you make it", in my case, fake it for as long as I need to. In this case, when I find a new employer.

- Keep my mouth shut. Don't say a single thing to him unless I absolutely need to and when I do have to, keep it to as little words as possible. Just go about my job and keep my mouth shut. Use others as resources if needed, take more steps on my own if needed.

- When in group situations, use the company and presence of other staff as a positive distraction, a communicative piece for me to be myself, show my personality and socialize with

- Keep my emotions at an even keel, don't get high with him and don't get low with him. That way when he does lash out on me, I don't get rattled, I just shake it off and laugh it off because I already know the guy is a total joke. I've found this to really help me, the more I see him as a pathetic joke in life, the more I am able to minimize me getting rattled by his blatant insults and him ridiculing me in public.

- Though while I keep my mouth shut with him, I don't show any signs of my pure dislike for him, so I fill in dead space with random talk. Talk about weather, sports, general BS, and "faking it" that I even remotely care to be chatting with him. I am very good at this. Does it feel natural? Not at all, but you have to do what you have to do at times.

I've always been told in my 36 yr old life that one of my greatest and most valuable qualities is my self composure, which is 100% true. Unlike others, I simply do not and refuse to show my emotions in work situations. I can take a lot of heat, I may get rattled, but I never lash out on anyone. He's not even worth the stress in lashing out on.

Let's just say that after he flat out blatantly accused me of stealing stuff from his fridge 2 months ago, I've never looked at him in the same light and will never again. I have zero respect for him.

Last edited by Mayosandwich; 5 Days Ago at 01:11 PM..
Mayosandwich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5 Days Ago   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 207 tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: How do you cope in working for an a-hole of a boss?

Umm.... I would be looking for another job. That's just me, though.

Seriously, do you ever see this getting better? If not, you are simply signing on for misery.

"You never know why you're alive until you know what you would die for." - Bart Millard

'04 Tahoe -- Pioneer/ID HLCDs/SI TM65 mkII x4/JBL W15GTi x3/Zapco Z-series & Z8
'09 370Z -- Pioneer/Morel/Dynaudio/SI Magv3 x2/Sundown and Zapco DC amps and DRC-SL
tRidiot is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to tRidiot For This Useful Post:
AccordUno (5 Days Ago)
Old 5 Days Ago   #3

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 23 strohw will become famous soon enoughstrohw will become famous soon enoughstrohw will become famous soon enoughstrohw will become famous soon enoughstrohw will become famous soon enoughstrohw will become famous soon enoughstrohw will become famous soon enough

If you have a list of items two dozen long why you dislike your boss then the correct method of coping is to search out another place of employment, like mentioned above.
strohw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #4
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 115 ARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enough

Dont put another minutes thought into this...move on. You have two options: Look for another job or become your own boss. The later is much better... I am 20 years now without having a boss.

ARCuhTEK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #5
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 50 rayray881 will become famous soon enoughrayray881 will become famous soon enoughrayray881 will become famous soon enoughrayray881 will become famous soon enoughrayray881 will become famous soon enoughrayray881 will become famous soon enough

I just went through something similar. Lasted 8 days at the job! Speak your mind to him, even though it more than likely won't change his ways in the future, and walk straight out the door with your dignity!
rayray881 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #6
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Rep Power: 210 SkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to all

sounds identical to my old boss. i couldnt take it anymore. one of the main reasons i work for myself now

SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 102 AccordUno is on a distinguished roadAccordUno is on a distinguished roadAccordUno is on a distinguished roadAccordUno is on a distinguished roadAccordUno is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray881 View Post
I just went through something similar. Lasted 8 days at the job! Speak your mind to him, even though it more than likely won't change his ways in the future, and walk straight out the door with your dignity!
This. Don't fuck around and tell him what you think and be honest. if he doesn't like it, f that. Move on. If he fires you, go to the labor office and report him. I had to do it, didn't see it coming..

Jose -02 VW Passat Wagon
Beyma Speakers - Soundigital Amps - TwK88 - Nexus 7
AccordUno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 251 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Let him know you're not gonna take his crap. I did that to a boss one time and for the next several years before he transferred to a different location I never had another problem out of him. Actually, I think he was trying to get me to stand up for myself. My boss at the time didn't have near as long of a list of things I hated about him. He was an alcoholic and womanizer but rarely let that interfere with his job.

'14 Grand Cherokee Limited, OEM U-Connect 8.4a, JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, Arc xdi1200.6v2, Soundstream pn4.520d, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, ID15v3, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Seas Neo Aluminum...Rearfill done properly is a helluva drug!
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #9

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 64 Mayosandwich will become famous soon enoughMayosandwich will become famous soon enoughMayosandwich will become famous soon enoughMayosandwich will become famous soon enoughMayosandwich will become famous soon enoughMayosandwich will become famous soon enough

Here's the thing. There is a reason why I am toughing it out until I find something else.

1) The economy here in Alberta is still in an extreme down turn with an over 10% unemployment rate. There are just no jobs out there, period. So many people have fleed to other countries and cities just for work.

I am using this job to pay the bills, that's it!

2) This guy isn't even worth an ounce of stress to tell him how I really feel. He is an absolute joke and no matter what he does or says to me to try to ridicule me, I must keep proving that I am stronger than him. I may bend, but I won't break.

3) I quit, and because I am hired as a contractor, I don't have EI to fall back on.

4) This is a work from home position with the occasion of group meetings and gatherings outside. Sometimes I see my boss once every 3 weeks, other times, twice in a week. Obviously the less I have to see this schmuck the better. Trust me, I would have quit by now if this wasn't a work from home position and I had to be around this idiot for 5 days a week.

So because it's work from home it allows and gives me amazing freedom. I can't take this for granted.

I know as crazy as this sounds, my sister believes I should tough it out. She says that this is how you become a better worker, by learning how to adapt to different personality types in the workplace. It's an extremely valuable quality to have as a worker.

She says that I've been known to just give up and quit on former jobs because of my inability to handle conflict and I need to suck it up and tough it out because every job isn't going to be red roses and I need to be able to handle working for really tough employers.

Last edited by Mayosandwich; 5 Days Ago at 05:42 PM..
Mayosandwich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #10
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Rep Power: 210 SkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayosandwich View Post
2) This guy isn't even worth an ounce of stress to tell him how I really feel.
yet here you are, complaining about him during your time off work...

SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to SkizeR For This Useful Post:
AccordUno (2 Days Ago)
Old 5 Days Ago   #11
Upgrade Your Membership!

Fill it up again Dummy

Rep Power: 72 Marky will become famous soon enoughMarky will become famous soon enoughMarky will become famous soon enoughMarky will become famous soon enoughMarky will become famous soon enoughMarky will become famous soon enough

Holy Shit dude..................move on

2006 F250 Lariat 4X4

INE-Z928HD -Helix DSP PRO to Director-(2) McIntosh MC427 to (4) Dyna MD-102-(2) McIntosh MC431 to (2) Dyna MW-172+ (2) MW-162-(1) McIntosh MCC444 to (2) JL 10TW3-D4-(1) McIntosh MCC222 to (1) JL 12TW3-D4
Marky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #12

Rep Power: 247 ca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried taking him aside and asking what the problem is?
ca90ss is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #13

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 25 rob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enough

Quote:
...This is a work from home position with the occasion of group meetings and gatherings outside. Sometimes I see my boss once every 3 weeks, other times, twice in a week.
Keep this job until you can find another since you don't have to see him often. I sometimes work with one of the highest order twatwaffles on the planet, but since it's only sometimes I keep working there. If I had to work with that douchenozzle every day, I'd have already quit. Most of us work with people we don't like. All things considered, I'd find some way to cope until you can transition to something else.
rob feature is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #14

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 25 rob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca90ss View Post
Have you tried taking him aside and asking what the problem is?
Not a terrible idea. I had to do this with a co-worker not too terribly long ago and we hugged it out - get along great now.
rob feature is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #15
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner/ Engineer/Sales/Support

Rep Power: 152 Victor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the rough

I`d love to hear what your boss think about you, I bet he has a list just as long.
It seems you guys just incompatible in workplace.

It seems like most people don't care to actually understand reality.
Victor_inox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 67 Lou Frasier2 will become famous soon enoughLou Frasier2 will become famous soon enoughLou Frasier2 will become famous soon enoughLou Frasier2 will become famous soon enoughLou Frasier2 will become famous soon enoughLou Frasier2 will become famous soon enough

i drive truck for a living doing heavy construction hauling, my boss is such a micro manager that we have to call in every time we leave one job site to go to another, even though they know where we are going because they are the ones who dispatched up, they also have satellite tracking so they know when we are moving and stopped and where we are at all times of the day, than he belittles us for being truck drivers ,he got his 4 years at usc paid for by his parents so he likes to rub his wealth in our faces, its sometimes hard to deal with but for most of the time i just let it pass and do my job, got no time to be allowing shit to get to me anymore
Lou Frasier2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 154 sqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Without getting into too much detail (cause I can go on and on), but I have come up with a plan a couple months ago and always looking for advice on how to cope in my situation.

Here's the rundown.

1) Boss has a temper of an 8 year old and has serious issues. Could really benefit from anger management courses.
2) Has no control over his emotions what so ever. Lashes out like an immature child quite often.
3) Never takes accountability for their own actions and mistakes.
4) Always thinks he is right
5) Has the worst organizational skills of any person that I've ever met in my 36 year life. No sense of time management what so ever.
6) Always makes excuses
7) Talks to you (and only you) with total disrespect and arrogance, in an extremely condescending tone of voice. Is nice when he wants to be, but it's not sincere, it's fake as hell. He just puts on an act.
8) Treats your much differently than the rest of the staff
9) Always has to be reminded, babysat and hounded on.
10) Doesn't like questions being asked to him by you and only you.
11) Is a severe procrastinator
12) Is a pervert, he likes to check out underage girls. He always chooses this one restaurant so he can check out the 16 year old waitresses in mini-skirts.
13) Is phoney as hell, puts on a temporary happy face when needed, not sincere, can't be taken seriously. Keep your emotions at level, never get too high or low with him.
14) At first I thought there was a possible bi-polar, split personality, but now l've seen that he's not bi-polar, he's just a serious a-hole, douchebag, prick, he's all of them.
15) Thinks he is Mr. Perfect
16) Jumps to conclusions, always blames you for everything!
17) Is not a good listener, he doesn't care what you have to say when you are trying to explain something, he will intentionally cut you off every single time with his retarded comments.
18) Has a massive ego
19) Fake as hell! Everything about his personality is fake as hell.
20) Never, ever...ever apologizes.
21) Has favorites in the company, treats his favourites with much more respect.
22) Is downright mean, he's simply a bully.
23) Looking at his face makes you wanna puke.
24) Even being around him once a week is more than enough for you. Makes you wanna gag.
25) Often blows fuses at you, with or without others around.
26) Will often make a mockery of you and embarrass you when in group situations.
Do you work for Trump?

HU : Pioneer p-80rsII DSP Bit Ten Mid Bass : Polk SR 6500 Tweets : Scan-Speak 3004 Sub : MM 2124 4 Ch Genesis Profile Four Ultra Mono : Genesis DM
sqnut is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #18

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 60 RRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished road

its easy for me. I look at him in the mirror every day!

DEX P99rs / Zapco / CDT / SI / MECA Street 3rd place 2016 World Finals
RRizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #19

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 80 peg_legs will become famous soon enoughpeg_legs will become famous soon enoughpeg_legs will become famous soon enoughpeg_legs will become famous soon enoughpeg_legs will become famous soon enoughpeg_legs will become famous soon enough

Step 1: Is your sister right? have you looked at your behaviors and performance? You mentioned he acts this way only with you. Are you meeting all of the responsibilities of your half of the relationship? Are you allowing him to get under your skin?

Step 2: Talk one on one in a non-confrontational way. Let the boss know that you value the job and want to perform it well, then ask how can I perform it better. That alone may improve their opinion of you or enable them to reveal what needs to be fixed.

Option 2: Find a new boss to work for. It is a crap shoot finding a good boss. The next one might even be worse. A work from home job that only sees the boss once every 3 weeks might not be worth replacing. You communicating with the boss should happen either way
peg_legs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 62 Jepalan will become famous soon enoughJepalan will become famous soon enoughJepalan will become famous soon enoughJepalan will become famous soon enoughJepalan will become famous soon enoughJepalan will become famous soon enoughJepalan will become famous soon enough

Two key things to consider in mapping out your plan:
1) Would you LOVE this job/company if he wasn't there
2) Is he a temporary distraction or permanent roadblock (to career advancement)?

If answer to (1) is NO then plan a way out ASAP and don't look back
If answer to (2) is "permanent roadblock" then same plan

If you really want to stick it out at this company, then ignore boss & focus on your job performance and relationship to everyone else. These will speak for themselves.

Caution: your list makes it sound like he only has a problem with *you*. How do others feel about him? If this is personal and *only* between him and you it will be difficult to solve and you should move on IMO.

>signature goes here<
Jepalan is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Days Ago   #21

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 130 Porsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant futurePorsche has a brilliant future

good Lord, you are acting like a teenager, not a 36yo adult. if you have issues with him have a one on one and voice your concerns, i am a business owner and being one is not a popularity contest, its doing whats right to move forward and grow. theres 2 sides to every story and i am willing to bet you have brought some of this if not all of this upon yourself but you cant see your own faults so you blame others. than again you will never know if you don't have the balls to sit down with him/her and have a cordial meeting

2015 Macan Turbo (white), 2015 991 Turbo S (agate grey), 1996 993TT (guards red), 1970 Challenger (B5 blue), 1968 912 (?, in the bodyshop, trying to decide color), 1966 GTO (light blue), 1966 Fastback (gloss black)
Porsche is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Porsche For This Useful Post:
HardCoreDore (3 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 99 Alrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enough

Oh boy, that list!
Maybe it has to do with the way being raised or educated.
Maybe he grew up without a dad, no brothers and sisters either.

I would try to get closer to him, go out with him and talk to him on a personal level, if you have a chance.

Last edited by Alrojoca; 4 Days Ago at 11:24 AM..
Alrojoca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Days Ago   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 150 Beau will become famous soon enoughBeau will become famous soon enoughBeau will become famous soon enoughBeau will become famous soon enoughBeau will become famous soon enoughBeau will become famous soon enough

He is your boss. You don't have to be friends.

He is your boss. He does not care about your observations, about him or anything else. He does not care if you think he is childish, stupid, a procrastinator, fake, or anything else. If he wanted to know your opinion, or cared about your opinion, he would ask. Being a boss, either a good one or a bad one, is not about people pleasing, nor is it a popularity contest. Bosses don't care. Why? Because they are the boss. Good bosses do some of these things, but not because they have to - but doing them is part of the reason they are good bosses. You do not see him as a good boss; don't expect him to be one or to do the things a good boss does.

He is your boss. I have never had a boss that asked me how I wanted him to communicate with him. Your boss is probably the same. Adjust to his communication style, or leave.

He is your boss. As long as he is not abusive, or does not do things that trigger employment-related concerns, you have no recourse - other than to leave.

He "might not be your boss" - If you are a contractor. Then find another company to work for.

It seems clear you have no respect for him (I am not suggesting you should or that his behavior warrants respect). Decide how log you are willing to work for someone you don't respect. That is a choice.

Set a schedule to find a new job, then go about doing the things necessary to systematically find one.

Last edited by Beau; 4 Days Ago at 11:15 AM..
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Days Ago   #24

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Clouseau will become famous soon enoughClouseau will become famous soon enoughClouseau will become famous soon enoughClouseau will become famous soon enoughClouseau will become famous soon enoughClouseau will become famous soon enough

Pretend you joined the NRA and post pictures of you holding machine guns and/or shooting anti-tank riffles on facebook.
Clouseau is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Days Ago   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 48 HardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
good Lord, you are acting like a teenager, not a 36yo adult. if you have issues with him have a one on one and voice your concerns, i am a business owner and being one is not a popularity contest, its doing whats right to move forward and grow. theres 2 sides to every story and i am willing to bet you have brought some of this if not all of this upon yourself but you cant see your own faults so you blame others. than again you will never know if you don't have the balls to sit down with him/her and have a cordial meeting
I have to agree somewhat... I am on total disability now and have been for the past 6 years. Prior to getting sick I was a banker. For about 10 years I worked for SunTrust Bank, a Fantastic company! I had a wonderful manager there who unfortunately got very ill and passed away. The lady who replaced him was a former peer of mine from the Business Banking Sector we had always gotten along very well, and I assumed this would continue... I thought wrong. I absolutely HATED her as a manager. I can relate to all of the nitpicky things you say about your current manager b/c I said them about her. She was THE DEVIL INCARNATE as far as I was concerned.

I left SunTrust, and went to work for First Tennessee doing the same job for essentially the same base pay with a lot less bonus money (not as good a branch location). I end up working for this woman at First Tennessee that makes the woman at SunTrust look like an angel. It was unbelievable!!! I learned a VERY, VERY important life lesson with regards to "grass is always greener syndrome". This lady at First Tennessee was demented. She was the most sociopathic individual I've ever met. I still don't know how she got a job at a bank. She lied, lied, lied, lied, lied, lied, lied, constantly!!! I don't think she EVER worked a Saturday the entire year and a half I worked for her. She'd make up some Cock-a-mai-me excuse that her dog died or something and she needed me to fill in for her. One time we caught her in a lie where she said she was supposed to be at some charity luncheon, & she wasn't there. She came running in with some fake ass crocodile tears talking about how her grandmother had passed away, and she'd been​ at the hospital. Needless to say it was ridiculous!

She NEVER came to work at all and the branch hardly ever hit it's goals not so much b/c she wasn't there, but b/c I started getting really sick. She kept telling me "oh we're going to be fine", while all the while she was blaming the bad #s on me and my lack of performance. She of course forgot to mention the fact that I had an ADA excuse.

Eventually I got too sick to work and had to go on disability. I did qualify for disability through SSI but unfortunately when I left SunTrust I forfeited all the disability benefits I had vested in that pension fund. I still have my 401k money of course, but if I had just stuck it out and stayed at SunTrust I would have another $1500 a month in disability payments to count on.

Think about what you are doing. A bird in the hand... Grass is always greener... whatever... Just think things through...

Seriously

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
HardCoreDore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement