LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013   #526
Upgrade Your Membership!

OldSchoolJunkie

Rep Power: 34 SilkySlim will become famous soon enoughSilkySlim will become famous soon enoughSilkySlim will become famous soon enoughSilkySlim will become famous soon enoughSilkySlim will become famous soon enoughSilkySlim will become famous soon enough

Awesome I hope to see them in a build!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SilkySlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #527
DIYMA 500 Club

Clarion freak

Rep Power: 117 smgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Old School LANZAR Opti lovers...

Got a little jewel coming soon.... pics when she arrives.

Clarion and OS LANZAR Collector.
smgreen20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #528

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Booyaa63 will become famous soon enoughBooyaa63 will become famous soon enoughBooyaa63 will become famous soon enoughBooyaa63 will become famous soon enoughBooyaa63 will become famous soon enoughBooyaa63 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by smgreen20 View Post
I might get a lot of flak for this, but it needs to be said and backed up with proof.

I'm a huge fan of the old school ('92-97) LANZAR Opti series amps/subs. So I say this with love for this era LANZAR.

The records need to be set straight and I'm going to do my best to prove what I've been saying in past threads. I am in the middle of going through 250+ issues of car audio mags to find any/all reviews I can of the LANZAR Opti amps. So far what I have found is the Opti2150, Opti500TMS, Opti50c. I know there's a review on the Opti200/Opti2200 (which are not the same amps believe it or not). I want to set the record straight as to their output and what people say about them being WAY under rated.

This line/era of LANZAR is/was what got me into car audio. My first sub setup was two 12" LANZAR Pro's and a LANZAR LRX200 amp. So I saw this with love for this era Opti.

As soon as I get all the reviews rounded up I will post my findings.
They were as good as any other amp on the market at the time, i ran many lanzar amps, installed many of them too. I for one dont need proof, they were awesome amps in their day.
Booyaa63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #529
Upgrade Your Membership!

OldSchoolJunkie

Rep Power: 34 SilkySlim will become famous soon enoughSilkySlim will become famous soon enoughSilkySlim will become famous soon enoughSilkySlim will become famous soon enoughSilkySlim will become famous soon enoughSilkySlim will become famous soon enough

Welcome booyaa they are awesome amps!

Old 10-02-2013   #530
Upgrade Your Membership!

OldSchoolJunkie

The suspense is killing me!

Old 10-02-2013   #531
DIYMA 500 Club

Clarion freak

Rep Power: 117 smgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enough

You're only clue, it has six channels, but it's not a 6200.

Old 10-03-2013   #532

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 34 rreed will become famous soon enoughrreed will become famous soon enoughrreed will become famous soon enoughrreed will become famous soon enoughrreed will become famous soon enoughrreed will become famous soon enough

That six channel splitter thing? Saw one on the bay once.
rreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #533
DIYMA 500 Club

Clarion freak

Close, it actually has 12 ''channels'' or 6 outputs.

Old 10-03-2013   #534

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 34 rreed will become famous soon enoughrreed will become famous soon enoughrreed will become famous soon enoughrreed will become famous soon enoughrreed will become famous soon enoughrreed will become famous soon enough

That's exactly what I meant.
Old 10-05-2013   #535
DIYMA 500 Club

Clarion freak

Here it is, with out further ado, LANZAR da6. One channel pair in, six channel pairs out, line driver.

I see these every now and again, snagged this one.

Old 10-05-2013   #536

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 42 Prime mova will become famous soon enoughPrime mova will become famous soon enoughPrime mova will become famous soon enoughPrime mova will become famous soon enoughPrime mova will become famous soon enoughPrime mova will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to Prime mova

^^ great find where do you get all the cash Mr Green ???

"Life is what happens when your making other plans" John Lennon
Prime mova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #537
DIYMA 500 Club

Clarion freak

For this it was birthday money, but as of late, working 60hrs/wk doesn't hurt.

Old 10-10-2013   #538

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 24 Richi will become famous soon enoughRichi will become famous soon enoughRichi will become famous soon enoughRichi will become famous soon enoughRichi will become famous soon enoughRichi will become famous soon enough

Great smgreen, hard to find, congrats.
Richi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #539

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 24 Richi will become famous soon enoughRichi will become famous soon enoughRichi will become famous soon enoughRichi will become famous soon enoughRichi will become famous soon enoughRichi will become famous soon enough

I have some Old school Lanzar products, like dc components with two versions of crossover, I go to put a some pictures after.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20111008_123639.jpg (51.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20111008_125252.jpg (44.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20111008_124915.jpg (41.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20110516_165525.jpg (43.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20110627_162637.jpg (53.6 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Richi; 10-10-2013 at 01:31 PM..
Old 10-10-2013   #540

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 73 thebigjimsho will become famous soon enoughthebigjimsho will become famous soon enoughthebigjimsho will become famous soon enoughthebigjimsho will become famous soon enoughthebigjimsho will become famous soon enoughthebigjimsho will become famous soon enough

Were the silver ones of good quality? I had 2 blue amps and knew the black ones were only cosmetic changes. But I thought after that, they got sold and went downhill...
thebigjimsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #541

DIYMA freshman

I believe that after the black opti drive amplifiers (Gary Kovner design) they changed the interior and outside design (silver), I know, they were designed by zed audio ( Opti drive 100.2, 200.2,500.2, 100.4 & 1000.1D), these that say designed and manufactured in USA (Last Lanzar amplifiers USA Manufactured). The current silver only say designed and engineered in the United States (no manufactured), these are made in Chinese.
I have the note that zed audio says, these amplifier can not work less than 4 ohms in mono, this note came in the box with the manual.
Old 10-11-2013   #542

DIYMA freshman

Well sh*t the bed! NOS does NOT mean fresh new surround. Hardly fired it up just a bit and shortly after getting started dialing in the gain it starts rattling like crazy. Thinking surely it's the $17 too-small prefab box making the noise, I see a chunk of the surround flopping around behind the grill. Pull the grill and find this. SUCK.

Anyone know anything about replacing surrounds? I'm thinking pick up a Cerwin Vega surround repair kit and figure it out.

Put back in my reliable old ZR12 and shelved this new 10 for the time being until I can get a repair kit. I'm not giving up on it though.
Old 10-11-2013   #543

DIYMA freshman

rreed; I believe that the crewing vega surround repair kit that you said is the best option; or you could put a transparent glue like UHU.

good luck.

12" Cerwin Vega Red Surround Foam DX 5 and DX 7 CV 12 in Drivers Red Grey | eBay
Old 10-11-2013   #544
Upgrade Your Membership!

OldSchoolJunkie

Quote:
Here it is, with out further ado, LANZAR da6. One channel pair in, six channel pairs out, line driver.

I see these every now and again, snagged this one.
That is bad A. I love it. Nice pick up there for sure.

Old 10-11-2013   #545
Upgrade Your Membership!

OldSchoolJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richi View Post
I have some Old school Lanzar products, like dc components with two versions of crossover, I go to put a some pictures after.
Beautiful. A little of each of the best eras of Lanzar. Very nice.

Old 10-11-2013   #546

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 15 Pulse_GTO will become famous soon enoughPulse_GTO will become famous soon enoughPulse_GTO will become famous soon enoughPulse_GTO will become famous soon enoughPulse_GTO will become famous soon enoughPulse_GTO will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Let's start by stating what's wrong with them?
My 2200 has a channel that is not working. Can't tell you which one, been about 6 years since I've used it. I will try to get some pictures this weekend.
Pulse_GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #547
DIYMA 500 Club

Clarion freak

Another gem on the way. Shouldn't have spent the money but couldn't resist. Pics next week when it arrives. OA12S4. I MIGHT give this one to my son, don't know yet???

Old 10-20-2013   #548

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 42 Prime mova will become famous soon enoughPrime mova will become famous soon enoughPrime mova will become famous soon enoughPrime mova will become famous soon enoughPrime mova will become famous soon enoughPrime mova will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to Prime mova

Quote:
Another gem on the way. Shouldn't have spent the money but couldn't resist. Pics next week when it arrives. OA12S4. I MIGHT give this one to my son, don't know yet???
Mike, is OA12S4 a special code or something ? Let us ignorant people know what it is.

"Life is what happens when your making other plans" John Lennon
Prime mova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #549
DIYMA 500 Club

Clarion freak

Lol. OA = OpenAir, 12 = 12" , S = SVC, 4 = 4 ohms.

Old 10-22-2013   #550

DIYMA freshman

Hello, this is my Lanzar collection. I hope you like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20131022_164316.jpg (66.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131022_164407.jpg (57.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131022_164425.jpg (54.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131022_164447.jpg (58.6 KB, 21 views)