OZ Superman Fan Hangout - Page 3 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2016   #51

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 7 llebcire will become famous soon enoughllebcire will become famous soon enoughllebcire will become famous soon enoughllebcire will become famous soon enoughllebcire will become famous soon enoughllebcire will become famous soon enough

Default Re: OZ Superman Fan Hangout

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeppinkdiver View Post
Im certainly in the club.. Ive been a huge Oz Superman fan since the early to mid 90's. Shop in Davenport Ia carried them and the salesman knew me by name for sure. I would go in to "audition" the components I couldnt afford nearly every weekend for months before I was able to buy my first set.. Like going to see a puppy at the puppy store several times to make sure you are truely in love with them before taking them home..ha.

I enjoyed every moment of having those in my first couple cars. It was a couple years before I added the 10" to the set up, I was a diehard solobaric sub fan for years until I switched to the Superman subs.. I remember being amazed at the Jack Hammer like performance those 10's gave rocking out to Metallica the first time I played them. They always sounded graceful regardless of the genre of music. I only ever ran them sealed, cant recall ever hearing them ported but do remember reading of them run IB in magazines.

I have not owned Oz components in years and would love to find a set, so if anyone knows of any by all means send me some info. I am however the proud owner of a set of 10" and 12" subs. The 12" set were stored improperly and have flat spots on the surrounds but are otherwise mint.
Interesting.

I worked at Solar Vision (Davenport early 90s) and sold/installed with Oz and Lanzar being my favorite. Had Optis running 5 1/4 components up front, 6 1/2 midbass in the rear and a single 300 12" in a ported enclosure. This combination created a very smooth and realistic sound stage. Only problem with their subs, for the first year or so, is their surround wasn't tested in Iowa and the sub would stop playing around 20 degrees Fahrenheit.

I would like to find a set of their components again next year.

-Eric

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
llebcire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2016   #52
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 105 FLYONWALL9 will become famous soon enoughFLYONWALL9 will become famous soon enoughFLYONWALL9 will become famous soon enoughFLYONWALL9 will become famous soon enoughFLYONWALL9 will become famous soon enoughFLYONWALL9 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by llebcire View Post
Interesting.

I worked at Solar Vision (Davenport early 90s) and sold/installed with Oz and Lanzar being my favorite. Had Optis running 5 1/4 components up front, 6 1/2 midbass in the rear and a single 300 12" in a ported enclosure. This combination created a very smooth and realistic sound stage. Only problem with their subs, for the first year or so, is their surround wasn't tested in Iowa and the sub would stop playing around 20 degrees Fahrenheit.

I would like to find a set of their components again next year.

-Eric

Eric,
WELCOME to the obsession!

You might be in luck. Contact this guy and see if he sill has
the size you are looking for. A few months ago he had several
pairs in every size. I was very close to pulling the trigger on
another set of 4" components, just couldn't force myself to
get more just to stash them away. His prices were decent
certainly no steal but a fair price for those of us who just
have to have some Superman...

New Old School OZ audio BFB CS 5.25" Superman Component Set,RARE,NOS,NIB,USA | eBay

cheers,
Scott
FLYONWALL9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 6 Days Ago   #53

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 7 llebcire will become famous soon enoughllebcire will become famous soon enoughllebcire will become famous soon enoughllebcire will become famous soon enoughllebcire will become famous soon enoughllebcire will become famous soon enough

Anyone familiar with the new Vector series components? Craig is back at the helm and I'm very interested if they're even close to the original series.

-Eric

Old 6 Days Ago   #54

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Anyone familiar with the new Vector series components? Craig is back at the helm and I'm very interested if they're even close to the original series.

-Eric
I ordered a set of 6.5 components - can't beat the price of $99 plus shipping.

-Eric
Old 6 Days Ago   #55

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 60 Buickmike will become famous soon enoughBuickmike will become famous soon enoughBuickmike will become famous soon enoughBuickmike will become famous soon enoughBuickmike will become famous soon enoughBuickmike will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I ordered a set of 6.5 components - can't beat the price of $99 plus shipping.

-Eric
Please do report once you get them installed. I am very interested in a good set of components that is not super expensive. $100 for something that sounds like the Superman's would be amazing.
Buickmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 6 Days Ago   #56

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buickmike View Post
Please do report once you get them installed. I am very interested in a good set of components that is not super expensive. $100 for something that sounds like the Superman's would be amazing.
Will do! Hopefully within 2 weeks.

-Eric

Old 6 Days Ago   #57

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 104 SPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enough

I still miss my 300L in a 1.5 cu ft sealed box. It sounded very good.

Morel Supremo Piccolo/Dynaudio Esotar 650/Helix DSP Pro/JL Audio HD600.4/JL Audio HD1200.1/JL Audio 13w7
SPAZ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 6 Days Ago   #58

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAZ View Post
I still miss my 300L in a 1.5 cu ft sealed box. It sounded very good.
I know - me too.

In April 2014 I was cleaning out my dad's place and came across my old 300L that had a burnt voice coil - I thought nothing of it and tossed it. Should have kept it! Also tossed an original Kicker C12.

My favorite system was in a 91 Accord sedan:
Denon pull out CD - possibly DCC-8770
PPI PAR-225 5 band parametric EQ
Phoenix Gold AX-204A Crossover
2x Lanzar Opti 100s - one tri-mode (front/rear fill) and one mono
Oz 130 components in front (5.25")
Oz 180 6.5 + Morel tweeter in rear (series mono/fill)
Oz 300L in ported box - thinking 1.75 cubic feet?

This was in +/- 1995?? Wonder if it actually sounded as good as I remember

-Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement