LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012   #7526

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 apop311 will become famous soon enoughapop311 will become famous soon enoughapop311 will become famous soon enoughapop311 will become famous soon enoughapop311 will become famous soon enoughapop311 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Old School Showoff Thread

thanks! stocka4 ! just took the opti out of my daily because im doing a new install had it bridged on the mtx black gold 12's and that little ma2025 is a SUPRIZINGLY amazing soundquality amp and it it quite loud for only 25 watts a channel
apop311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #7527
Classifieds Access
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 48 Ampman will become famous soon enoughAmpman will become famous soon enoughAmpman will become famous soon enoughAmpman will become famous soon enoughAmpman will become famous soon enoughAmpman will become famous soon enoughAmpman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahardb0dy View Post
Sony XR-U770:

I've got a XR-U770 mint condition those are some clean sounding head units
Ampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #7528

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 67 normalicy will become famous soon enoughnormalicy will become famous soon enoughnormalicy will become famous soon enoughnormalicy will become famous soon enoughnormalicy will become famous soon enoughnormalicy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvnmars View Post
if my memory is correct, that would be Mr.Nelson Pass...
I was actually referring to the person who assembled them, but I'm sure Nelson Pass was involved in setting the standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampman View Post
Those SS amps do look good I like how my PPI 2150AM and AUTOTEK 7150 boards look as well the way they were designed looks really cool just my opinion ��
No doubt, for the time those are very good. There were a few other brands at the time doing similar quality work. It's just that the details in how the wires are tied down in the SS ones were immaculate. Note how they all have an almost artistic flow to them & careful attention was made to avoid covering components. Being someone who's assembled his share of wiring harnesses, it's something that I greatly appreciate.
normalicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #7529
Classifieds Access
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 48 Ampman will become famous soon enoughAmpman will become famous soon enoughAmpman will become famous soon enoughAmpman will become famous soon enoughAmpman will become famous soon enoughAmpman will become famous soon enoughAmpman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by normalicy View Post
I was actually referring to the person who assembled them, but I'm sure Nelson Pass was involved in setting the standards.

No doubt, for the time those are very good. There were a few other brands at the time doing similar quality work. It's just that the details in how the wires are tied down in the SS ones were immaculate. Note how they all have an almost artistic flow to them & careful attention was made to avoid covering components. Being someone who's assembled his share of wiring harnesses, it's something that I greatly appreciate.
I knew that's what you referring to 😬and your rite SS took a lot of pride in how they assembled their boards and the quality of components installed in them, I just like the way PPI and AUTOTEK made those two boards in perticular 😬 I've got other PPI and AUTOTEK amps but they don't in my opinion look as good as those pictured. Years ago I didn't care to much for SS or AUTOTEK but now that own both Ive missed out on just how great their products really were back then and its sad that their no longer made with those same concepts in mind guess that's why we all still got our old school jewels
Old 11-20-2012   #7530

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 42 IsakJohannessen will become famous soon enoughIsakJohannessen will become famous soon enoughIsakJohannessen will become famous soon enoughIsakJohannessen will become famous soon enoughIsakJohannessen will become famous soon enoughIsakJohannessen will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by normalicy View Post
Here's one that I've always wanted to try:

Coustic DR328 Bass Pump (Free Air) for 6x9" openings:
Coustic Design Reference Dr DR328 Bass Pump Subwoofer | eBay

Looks interesting, I might pick one up just to test it out.

IsakJohannessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #7531

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 35 ahardb0dy will become famous soon enoughahardb0dy will become famous soon enoughahardb0dy will become famous soon enoughahardb0dy will become famous soon enoughahardb0dy will become famous soon enoughahardb0dy will become famous soon enough

I bought mine way back as a store demo, it was the only one they had left, it worked fine for years, now the display is not working 100% but I still have it.
ahardb0dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #7532
Classifieds Access
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahardb0dy View Post
I bought mine way back as a store demo, it was the only one they had left, it worked fine for years, now the display is not working 100% but I still have it.
There's an XR-U880 face plate listed on eBay that I believe will work on the 770 I had the guy that's selling it to send me a pic of all the dimensions of it and its exactly the same in every way it even has the same amount of connectors as the 770 so who knows it just might work for you he's got 2 of um listed
Old 11-21-2012   #7533
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 46 StockA4 will become famous soon enoughStockA4 will become famous soon enoughStockA4 will become famous soon enoughStockA4 will become famous soon enoughStockA4 will become famous soon enoughStockA4 will become famous soon enoughStockA4 will become famous soon enough

Recent grab.

You will notice the missing button in the lower middle. This is a simple slide on button. Is anyone here familliar with this particular button? I'd hate to have to sift through the pages of Digikey or Mouser.
StockA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #7534
Classifieds Access
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockA4 View Post
Recent grab.

You will notice the missing button in the lower middle. This is a simple slide on button. Is anyone here familliar with this particular button? I'd hate to have to sift through the pages of Digikey or Mouser.
Not absolutely certain but think I might have something that will fit that ill look and see if I still have it
Old 11-21-2012   #7535
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 46 StockA4 will become famous soon enoughStockA4 will become famous soon enoughStockA4 will become famous soon enoughStockA4 will become famous soon enoughStockA4 will become famous soon enoughStockA4 will become famous soon enoughStockA4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Not absolutely certain but think I might have something that will fit that ill look and see if I still have it
That would be saintly.

And I don't have a micrometer or a vernier to measure, but if you're already familiar with the size.... Shoot me a p/m whenever. I'm signing off for now.
Thanks for looking.

Last edited by StockA4; 11-21-2012 at 12:28 AM.. Reason: Editorial reasons
Old 11-21-2012   #7536
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 34 Doc ProMos will become famous soon enoughDoc ProMos will become famous soon enoughDoc ProMos will become famous soon enoughDoc ProMos will become famous soon enoughDoc ProMos will become famous soon enoughDoc ProMos will become famous soon enough

Here a some pics of some PPI items I have picked up from tr0y (thanx tr0y for the custom setup)
and definitely for the possibly 1 of a kind shroud
Doc ProMos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #7537
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 34 Doc ProMos will become famous soon enoughDoc ProMos will become famous soon enoughDoc ProMos will become famous soon enoughDoc ProMos will become famous soon enoughDoc ProMos will become famous soon enoughDoc ProMos will become famous soon enough

And now a group picture of boxed up PPI items....
Old 11-21-2012   #7538
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 45 WRX2010 will become famous soon enoughWRX2010 will become famous soon enoughWRX2010 will become famous soon enoughWRX2010 will become famous soon enoughWRX2010 will become famous soon enoughWRX2010 will become famous soon enough

Now that Doc is on here now, I see no point in trying to collect any PPI gear. haha

Beautiful stuff you have there Doc.

2012 Subie STI - build coming soon.
WRX2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #7539

Keeping it simple

Rep Power: 152 imjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc ProMos View Post
And now a group picture of boxed up PPI items....
So how was the aluminum attached? It doesn't look to have damaged the faces of any of the amps.
imjustjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #7540

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 apop311 will become famous soon enoughapop311 will become famous soon enoughapop311 will become famous soon enoughapop311 will become famous soon enoughapop311 will become famous soon enoughapop311 will become famous soon enough

Hey doc your a ppi guy . quick question for you i need a 2300a.m. repaired any suggestions on a RELIABLE and cost efective source of repair? thank you sir!
apop311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #7541
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

PM sent brotha....
Old 11-21-2012   #7542
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustjason View Post
So how was the aluminum attached? It doesn't look to have damaged the faces of any of the amps.
Not a scratch... not sure how it was attached...
Old 11-21-2012   #7543

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 bueatyvalva will become famous soon enoughbueatyvalva will become famous soon enoughbueatyvalva will become famous soon enoughbueatyvalva will become famous soon enoughbueatyvalva will become famous soon enoughbueatyvalva will become famous soon enough

That's awesome!
bueatyvalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #7544
Classifieds Access
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Happy thanksgiving y'all
Old 11-22-2012   #7545

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 35 ahardb0dy will become famous soon enoughahardb0dy will become famous soon enoughahardb0dy will become famous soon enoughahardb0dy will become famous soon enoughahardb0dy will become famous soon enoughahardb0dy will become famous soon enough

Thanks, I see there is a face for a 770 also, so what's the difference between the 880 and 770? I downloaded both user manuals but did not see anything different?
ahardb0dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #7546
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Happy Turkey Day ----
Old 11-22-2012   #7547

Keeping it simple

Rep Power: 152 imjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc ProMos View Post
Not a scratch... not sure how it was attached...
Magnetic aluminum.
imjustjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #7548
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 54 NRA4ever will become famous soon enoughNRA4ever will become famous soon enoughNRA4ever will become famous soon enoughNRA4ever will become famous soon enoughNRA4ever will become famous soon enoughNRA4ever will become famous soon enough

I will get my stuff out & photo it.My list is 2 PG 475s,1PG ms 275 & 1 EQ 215X. 1 USAmps Merlin 42 & 1 USAmps 400tx. A MB Quart PSC 316 set of speakers. I almost forgot a Earthquake 300tx & my Yamaha YPA320.

2004 F250 Crew Morel M12 tweets US Amp 400x
Anarchy 6.5 US Amp600x Skar vvx 10 JL Audio 500 Alpine 9887 HU Big 3 Phoenix Gold wiring.
6.0 Sct tuning 4 inch straight pipe 40 hp Atlas FICM tuning
NRA4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #7549
Classifieds Access
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockA4 View Post
Recent grab.

I looked and all I can find at the moment is some silver ones I might still have a few like that if you don't find anything ill see what I can come up with I serviced TV'S an such a while back and I kept a few things so I still might have something yet that will come close to what needing so I'm still looking
Old 11-23-2012   #7550
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
I looked and all I can find at the moment is some silver ones I might still have a few like that if you don't find anything ill see what I can come up with I serviced TV'S an such a while back and I kept a few things so I still might have something yet that will come close to what needing so I'm still looking
Thank you.