LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 114 bertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura about

Default REVIEW: Mark Worrell and Audiomasters (Charlotte, NC)

Review for:

Mark Worrell – partner shop – Audiomasters of Pineville, NC (near Charlotte)

Details:

Mark Worrell
treosol@yahoo.com
DIYMA PM: treosols

Auto Sound System Pineville, NC - Audiomasters

My first interaction with Mark was when I had an Audison Bit One installed, and Mark set gains and worked with the tune. I was impressed with the methodology that he used to get everything set up, and he was extremely personable.

At about this same time, Mark had finished a Build on a BMW X3 and was working on a Build in a BMW M5. Both of these cars were owned by fella that became a great friend – John Adams - minibox. Mark did some amazing work on both of these vehicles, and this is where I was able to see the skill level – the artistry and ingenuity.

John's X3

Here is the link to the full build:

BMW X3 - Minibox

Highlights:

John's M5

Here is a link to the full thread:

John's M5 Build

Mark also worked on Ben Vollmer's Audi A4

Ben Vollmer's Audi A4

I bought my Subaru BRZ and had it initially installed by a friend. I changed my front stage drivers and decided that I wanted Mark to build pillars for the Audison tweeters. Again, it was great to get reacquainted with him, and I was extremely impressed by the methods he employed and his ability to work on the pieces without having the car. He worked very quickly, and got the pillars done when he said he would.

Another thing that really impresses me with Mark’s work is the fact that he has to be pleased with the final product – he is willing to start from scratch if the shape or the fit is not right. He is a perfectionist and isn’t satisfied with mediocrity.

Mark worked on my pillars first.

Anyway, I was completing a review of a subwoofer, and decided I really liked the sound of the front sub. I contacted Mark about trying to incorporate a 10” Onyx sub in the front floorboard. It was not going to happen! Fortunately, he had a great subwoofer solution, and he built a fantastic enclosure. I love how the enclosure looks – it was important to him that the enclosure blended seamlessly with the interior of the car.

I decided to remove the rear IB wall after getting some feedback from Matt R, and Mark gave me a hand with that. It was at that point that Mark mentioned an idea to improve the install with the mid bass drivers. He told me about an idea of multiple rings. Of course I couldn’t visualize exactly what his plan was, but he said that when it is done, the driver would fire directly into the cabin instead partially firing within the door card.

Mark was working on a BRZ for another DIYMA member, and he was going to use my Car as a REFERENCE (inside joke). He completed pillars, door card pieces, and the 3’s in the dash. During a day of ‘helping’ him with the door cards, Mark mentioned some ideas that he had for re-mounting the 3’s in my dash. I dropped the Car again, and Mark glassed in the mid range drivers.

I'll post up pics soon with the door cards / rings and the construction of the dash 'pods'.

Enough about my car…..this isn’t my build thread ☺ I just wanted to start a thread to show some of the installs that he has done, and provide a place for guys to get his contact information. He works out of a shop in Charlotte, but as you can see with what he did with Kevin’s BRZ, he can work on various things long distance without the car.

I'm sure Kevin will post some pics of his build once he gets the pieces.

bertholomey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

NCSQ Founding Member

Rep Power: 102 Notloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really nice

Default Re: REVIEW: Mark Worrell and Audiomasters (Charlotte, NC)

Mark is "The Doctor"

They did WHAT to that monkey?!?! -Anonymous
Notloudenuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013   #3

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 62 Deadpool_25 will become famous soon enoughDeadpool_25 will become famous soon enoughDeadpool_25 will become famous soon enoughDeadpool_25 will become famous soon enoughDeadpool_25 will become famous soon enoughDeadpool_25 will become famous soon enough

Hm. Where to start...

I'm Kevin. Mark is currently working on my BRZ as Jason mentioned. While looking through Jason's Build thread, I decided I wanted A-pillars like that. I contacted Jason and he put me in touch with Mark.

Mark was very personable and willing to do some work for me even though, being in Arizona, I'm all the way across the country. Luckily, he's already done work on Jason's BRZ so he was familiar with the car. Additionally, Jason was going out of town and graciously agreed to leave his Car with Mark as a REFERENCE.

Seeing just the pictures in Jason's Build thread, I was comfortable Mark would produce top shelf pillars. In our emails I mentioned some of my other plans, and quickly decided to have Mark work on my entire front stage. Along with the pillars, he's doing the door speakers and dash speakers. He continues to send pictures as he goes and all of it looks amazing. Jason tells me the pics don't do the pieces justice and I believe him. I hadn't seen the pics of Mark's other work until I'd already sent him my speakers. Just look through the build threads Jason linked above. Ho-Lee-Sheet!

Mark stays in touch via phone, email or text to let me know how things are progressing. And always makes me laugh. It's been awesome working with him. I'd love for him to do my amp rack and sub enclosure too (I'm actually buying my new amps from him also), but I'm not sure that is feasible from across the country. Maybe!

If you want to see some more pics, take a look at my build thread linked in my sig. The bottom line is: Mark is a BEAST!

2013 Subaru BRZ
Build Underway
Deadpool_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #4

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 75 minibox will become famous soon enoughminibox will become famous soon enoughminibox will become famous soon enoughminibox will become famous soon enoughminibox will become famous soon enoughminibox will become famous soon enough

I do miss the sound of the 6.5's in the x3. That was an amazing build. The doors were done perfectly.

minibox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #5

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 75 minibox will become famous soon enoughminibox will become famous soon enoughminibox will become famous soon enoughminibox will become famous soon enoughminibox will become famous soon enoughminibox will become famous soon enough

For the trunk of the car, Mark wanted to remove the sub box, which may I add was put in by me and Mark couldn't stand, and Build something like this:

Unfortunately, I sold the Car before he could get his hands on it again.

Old 11-04-2013   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Rep Power: 145 captainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the rough

Mark is the man. Awesome guy and underrated installer.

Current: 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 Install build log: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...speed-3-a.html
Previous: 2005 Mazda 3 Install build log
captainobvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 114 bertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura about

I am certainly looking forward to what Mark does in the Ford!!!

Old 11-04-2013   #8

DIYMA Novice

Another one of my all time Mark favorites

Old 11-04-2013   #9

DIYMA Novice

No, those aren't factory

Old 11-04-2013   #10

DIYMA Novice

Amp rack

Old 11-04-2013   #11

DIYMA Novice

Double secret probation pics:

Old 11-04-2013   #12

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 rquigley will become famous soon enoughrquigley will become famous soon enoughrquigley will become famous soon enoughrquigley will become famous soon enoughrquigley will become famous soon enoughrquigley will become famous soon enough

I have been searching the Charlotte area for reputable installers and I wasn't finding any great suggestions. Most were from message boards from '07-'09 and many of those guys are no longer in the area (or have moved on to other things).

I haven't tried Audiomasters yet but it seems like Mark knows his stuff. I have an '07 Porsche 911 turbo and have high expectations. I visited the local Freeman's and was very unimpressed, and was left with the feeling that they installers really hadn't worked on many 997 Porsche's. That led me to call Chad Bosworth of Bosworth Audio/Customs who I have been in contact a few times. I have been impressed with his knowledge so far and his customer service has been good. He has worked on another 997 Porsche and had good suggestions for my car.

It's always good to know there are several options in the area.

Russell
rquigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Rep Power: 145 captainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rquigley View Post
I have been searching the Charlotte area for reputable installers and I wasn't finding any great suggestions. Most were from message boards from '07-'09 and many of those guys are no longer in the area (or have moved on to other things).

I haven't tried Audiomasters yet but it seems like Mark knows his stuff. I have an '07 Porsche 911 turbo and have high expectations. I visited the local Freeman's and was very unimpressed, and was left with the feeling that they installers really hadn't worked on many 997 Porsche's. That led me to call Chad Bosworth of Bosworth Audio/Customs who I have been in contact a few times. I have been impressed with his knowledge so far and his customer service has been good. He has worked on another 997 Porsche and had good suggestions for my car.

It's always good to know there are several options in the area.

Russell
Do yourself a service and visit with Mark Worrell. From clean, stealthy stock look to flashy fiberglass...he can do it. And to top it off, you'll enjoy the experience as he's a personable guy.

Current: 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 Install build log: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...speed-3-a.html
Old 11-04-2013   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibox View Post
Another one of my all time Mark favorites

That's beautiful. Looks better than most stock panels

Old 11-06-2013   #15
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 51 Black Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enough

Loving those door panels and amp rack. I'd love Build my amp rack up like that. I gots more building and shaping to do.
Black Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #16

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 83 ike3000 will become famous soon enoughike3000 will become famous soon enoughike3000 will become famous soon enoughike3000 will become famous soon enoughike3000 will become famous soon enoughike3000 will become famous soon enough

Mark is a really cool guy. I talked to him a bit at the Summer G2G about tweeter position ideas and potential mid options. He gave me a lot of good suggestions. I'm following through with one of his suggestions on tweeter location and test fits so far are yielding amazing results. Sure wish I had the spare $$ to have him do the work for me!

ike3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #17

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 196 thehatedguy is a name known to allthehatedguy is a name known to allthehatedguy is a name known to allthehatedguy is a name known to allthehatedguy is a name known to allthehatedguy is a name known to allthehatedguy is a name known to allthehatedguy is a name known to allthehatedguy is a name known to allthehatedguy is a name known to allthehatedguy is a name known to all

Mark is the best installer that I personally know in the area.
thehatedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Richard

Rep Power: 67 papasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enoughpapasin will become famous soon enough

Sticky?

2014 MECA MODEX CA State Champion
2013 MECA Modified CA State Runner Up
2009 Honda Civic SI Sedan Build Log
Team WCA/Zapco
papasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 42 Golden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enough

Beautiful work! More pics please
Golden Ear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

I will be posting mine after this weekend

Old 11-08-2013   #21

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 62 Deadpool_25 will become famous soon enoughDeadpool_25 will become famous soon enoughDeadpool_25 will become famous soon enoughDeadpool_25 will become famous soon enoughDeadpool_25 will become famous soon enoughDeadpool_25 will become famous soon enough

I'll be posting some tonight. You, sir, are a slacker!

2013 Subaru BRZ
Build Underway
Old 11-08-2013   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Ohhh, does that mean UPS has finally arrived??

You must be pretty stoked !

Old 11-08-2013   #23

DIYMA Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
Ohhh, does that mean UPS has finally arrived??

You must be pretty stoked !
Yes they did and yes I am!

The pieces are GREAT! The battery died on my good camera so I'm going to solidify some wiring for a bit then take some pics.

2013 Subaru BRZ
Build Underway
Old 11-10-2013   #24

DIYMA Novice

Here are a few more pics of Mark's handiwork. The man isn't just an installer. He's a CRAFTSMAN.

2013 Subaru BRZ
Build Underway
Old 11-10-2013   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Damn...very nice!