DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

BEWARE of Eargasmicaudio and Drake78

4K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  mmiller 
#1 ·
Eargasmicaudio and Drake78 are the same person in this forum, I know this because of his email been the same in other forums, I sold him a Eclipse 5506 on ebay and when he got the unit he did a chargeback hours after he received the unit because the unit was not working, I decided to refund his money and he returned the item, when I received the item back I saw that the unit had an CD INFO error on the display I opened the unit to check the what was causin the problem because it was working perfectly when it was shipped to him, and when I opened the unit I found out that he replaced the CD drive for a damaged one, the serial numbers didnt match.

I contacted paypal and I noticed that he left me a negative feedback saying that I exchanged the CD transport, for me this was fishy from him, he also claims he had the unit inspected by a technitian and found a faulty motor, keep in mind that he filled a chargeback 3-5 hours after he received the unit and 24 hours lter the unit was shipped to me again.

I believe that he has an Eclipse 5506 with a bad CD drive and bought mine to exchange the parts inside, its an old CD Player but the sound quality is still good and very hard to find. The CD DRIVE he put on mine has an older serial number on it.

To make the story short, paypal refunded me a partial refund and told me to keep the damaged unit.

See less See more
#3 ·
wow, that sucks.

people doing this kind of activity should be ashamed of themselves, but unfortunately today people justify doing all sorts of things that you just didn't see a few years ago.

If you're smart enough to take down the internal part numbers and mark your equipment before you sell it, then you should be able to pursue a legitimate theft charge against that person along with federal mail fraud charges, to stop this person and deter others from doing this same thing.
This is not the first time this happened to me, I sold an iphone 3gs a few months ago and the seller claimed the back cover was cracked, I sent him the phone with an unscratched cover and he sent me back a scratched and cracked cover, and then I found out he did the same thing to about 5 people on ebay. Paypal refunded my money and took legal action on him, they used my phone as evidence, I believe they found his fingerprints inside my phone.

#7 ·
I'm not going to waste my time with you.

Paypal maybe didn't do anything against you maybe because they want to see if you screw up again, who knows. You can say whatever you want about me, I'm telling the truth.

I got this radio from a guy on this forum, the radio worked fine while I had it and it was tested before it shipped, you received the radio and tested it, then took it to a technitian and he said the cd transport was bad etc etc all this in less than a few hours the same day you received the package.....Really?. I DON'T BELIEVE YOU SORRY.

EITHER WAY

PAYPAL DID REFUND ME (I must be MORE IMPORTANT than the President because I got a partial refund)

I have made THOUSANDS of paypal transactions most of them sales, and I get an ******* like you once in a while.

#6 · (Edited)
Super speedy comeback......... if he wants to stir his **** up fine, I DO HAVE PROOF of eveything I'm saying, I still have the headunit with the bad transport in it for the just in case.

This radio is one of a kind (very hard to find) I got it here on this forums as a trade, I tested the radio it worked great, but decided to change my system, so I put it on ebay, I don't have this kind of radios laying around to do swaping of parts to make some money out of them, I will leave that to drake78

I just got bad luck selling it to this guy.

#9 ·
If paypal is investigating you, they WILL NEVER TELL YOU they are.

The screenshots I took of the transaction are real, but if you want to go the "Photoshop" excuse here is a VIDEO on the claim and refund.

My suggestion to you is to be quiet and never do it again. (I only accepted the headunit back because you told me I send it with a CD inside and I thought that propably caused the damage) but after you left me the negative feedback stating that a technitian look at the unit all this hours after you received the unit, I knew you were lying and it gave more reason to open the unit and see for my self that indeed the CD transport (something that I didn't knew was interchangeable on this headunit was changed for a old one) I realize you knew more about this unit than me, and you bought the headunit just to change parts.

The CD transport that I have installed right now clearly shows that the motor can't spin the cd and the serial numbers doesn't match either.

HERE IS THE VIDEO in High Definition

#11 ·
Just curious, what's the history on the headunit? Did you purchase it new or used? If you bought it used, had you ever opened it up before to verify that the CD mechanism had not already been replaced at one point? Also, when was the last time you tested it out and made sure it was functional?

#15 ·
I never opened the headunit while I had it or before the sale, I only opened when it came back from him and after he claimed on the feedback I switched the cd transport. The CD transport serial numbers didn't match MAYBE this was done by the person who sold it to me, but I tested the headunit after he returned it to me and you can tell the motor was DEAD and exausted it was not the same CD transport I sent him.

The unit was tested several times a week before the sale.

#14 ·
I had my neighbor take a look at it. Who is a retired electronics technician with over 40+ years of experience. To see if it was an easy fix. After he told me it's was a dead motor. Not being the damage caused by being shipped. That is when I went ahead and filed a dispute. You tinker with car stereo electronics. I'm surprised you don't know transports can be replaced. I also didn't know you can open up a separate case claim on a closed case. Sounds like you have done this before.

#16 ·
I have had hundreds of headunits since I started in Car Audio on 1992, not all the headunits have "easy to replace" CD Transports , I was surprise this one was very easy to do so.

As soon I got the unit back and I found out about the swap you made, I called paypal and THEY DID EVERYTHING FOR ME after I sent them the signed affidavit they asked for. They re-opened the case, etc etc. I have made THOUSANDS of sales via paypal, I learned on how to protect myself against scams or frauds.

I'M TIRED OF ALL OF THIS.........You got your refund, I'm happy that I least I got a partial refund from paypal, I wont waste more of my time on this posts.

Good luck

#19 ·
truth. headunits are delicate. I've had 2 shipped to me, wrapped very well and packaged equally as well that both died. One was from a friend whom I trusted 100%.

After this happened to me the first time, I started taking video of everything all speaker/headunit/processor in working condition before I boxed it up. Maybe this is something everyone should take away from this thread.

#25 ·
What makes it suspicious IMO is that Drake claimed that CRD changed the CD transport.

If I received a DOA (or partially DOA) head unit I would just assume shipping damage or that the seller sent a bad product, but to get specific to the level of claiming that the seller changed a specific part?

I guess the buyer's neighbor could have verified that the serial numbers didn't match (but I didn't read that part) but I still wouldn't assume that, I'd assume that it was repaired much earlier...

That's what makes me think CRD is right here and drake is the scammer.. that's my opinion anyways.

#26 · (Edited)
He had a picture in the auction with headunit powered on and playing a cd, visible track number on display. Then when I tested upon arrival. It would load a cd but not spin it due to a dead(worn motor). Transport mechanisms always has a separate serial number. Even the amount of numbers is often not the same. It's not the same serial number on the headunit.

#27 ·
This was explained to me by Fujitsu Ten (Eclipse) customer service when I talked to them back on September when I was trying to find more information about this headunit for the paypal claim, you can call them if you want. The headunit itself has a Serial number underneath from factory and its on a white sticker on the CD transport, but they also have a second serial number on the side that matchs the CD transport serial number.

Here are the pics showing the CD transport with an older serial number.

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.