DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

DIYMA 12 as I.B. H.T sub :) (pics)

5K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  60ndown 
#1 ·
i did no calcs, but its way over recc volume at about 4 feet long and 12" diamiter (you do the math)

sounds great .
:D

See less See more
#3 ·
It happens to be the best of us. I've done it on time crunching installs where we only had one sub left in the whole shop of that model and I've sank the drill right into the cone. Its a *****, but worse things could happen. At least yours isn't so bad.

#4 ·
Pride is being man enough to accept your action, learn from them, and move on. Those with no pride cower, deny, and are ashamed of their actions.

It's a neat design, a nice little plant holder, lol. Yeah, I think the sub does very well in larger enclosures. It definitely has the excursion to work with a IB type of setup. The only lacking area is frequency response as it is a low Qts driver. Low end response may end up subtle and stay in the background. If your receiver has some EQing control, it can be controlled easily though.

I've come to like my DIYMA in the home very much as well, a lovey, lovely sub.

#7 ·
i built the speakers out of some dynaudio 3 way x overs i had and some drivers i got on e bay that had 'similar' ts specks the the dynaudios but waaaaaayyyyyy cheaper, they sound good.

his name is snoop-dog.(cocker spaniel) completely nuts, loves bass, loves 'his' chair.

#9 ·
Any more impressions on performance and how much power?

Sucks to pop a hole in a surround, did it a few yrs ago on a old he2 i had, flipped my lid over it, no difference in output or sq though/ported. THAT i remember that is.

#12 ·
Any more impressions on performance and how much power?
im watching 'jay and silent bob strike back' right now, after going for a drive earlier with my other DIYMA 12, lets just say that the new I.B, H.T DIYMA on 200 watts, makes the .80 cube sealed DIYMA on 600 watts in my mini van sound like a mid-bass driver:)

gets loooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

xed @ 40hz....and down.

#18 ·
im sure this is a total newb question, but regarding the towers, why'd u pick speakers with close ts specs? if those specs werent close to what the original drivers that came with that crossover were, it wouldnt sound right? i clearly have no idea what ts parameters are. also, are the speakers in their own chamber or did u just whip up a box and throw em in?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.