Unsure how to feel about this company - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2017   #26

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 12 KillaX will become famous soon enoughKillaX will become famous soon enoughKillaX will become famous soon enoughKillaX will become famous soon enoughKillaX will become famous soon enoughKillaX will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Unsure how to feel about this company

I just want stuff that isnt defected-on-arrival and takes >24 days to to swap :P Apparently for sonic, thats WAAAY too much to ask for xD
KillaX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2017   #27

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 12 nhtunes will become famous soon enoughnhtunes will become famous soon enoughnhtunes will become famous soon enoughnhtunes will become famous soon enoughnhtunes will become famous soon enoughnhtunes will become famous soon enough

I have a box of miscellaneous crap that was never used in my install. Maybe I ordered the correct stuff and they sent me something else? This sounds better than I bought a bunch of useless stuff.
nhtunes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2017   #28

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 drei4runner will become famous soon enoughdrei4runner will become famous soon enoughdrei4runner will become famous soon enoughdrei4runner will become famous soon enoughdrei4runner will become famous soon enoughdrei4runner will become famous soon enough

Sonic Electronix seems like they closed down their west coast warehouse and all their inventory is coming out of their Kansas warehouse. I think they still have their corporate office in Chatsworth but as far as customer support, it's coming out of Kansas too.
drei4runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 5 Days Ago   #29

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 washingtonmd33 will become famous soon enoughwashingtonmd33 will become famous soon enoughwashingtonmd33 will become famous soon enoughwashingtonmd33 will become famous soon enoughwashingtonmd33 will become famous soon enoughwashingtonmd33 will become famous soon enough

The woes of Sonic Electronix continues. I've been a customer of theirs for over 10 years now and the quality of customer service has gone way down. At one point, orders were filled quickly and accurately and in the rare case of a mistake, they were quick to resolve it. Now, inaccurate orders and don't even bother trying to call them. I was literally on hold with them for 2.5 hours and the number of callers in front of me never changed. Now I know that it doesn't take more than 2 hours to help one person. If you opt for the call back option, the moment you hit that button you get a message saying that there seems to be an error and it's not available. You call back to get back in the queue and the number of callers ahead of you is either the same, or it may have gone up. Emails take 2-3 days to get a resonse on and even then they are not very definitive with how they can help you.

The bad thing is...if you look for a retailer that offers a wide variety to cover any budget, Sonic's got it. They are just lacking in the customer service area and that makes any experience with them (good or bad) either bad or worse.

I've got a head unit that I received from them about 3 weeks ago that's still in the box because they sent the wrong wire harness with it. I've been trying to get the matter resolved and to date, they still can't tell me which wire harness I need.

I hope things get better for them
washingtonmd33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #30
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Rep Power: 210 SkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to all

paying a bit extra at crutchfield has been 110% worth it for me the past couple months

SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #31

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 12 KillaX will become famous soon enoughKillaX will become famous soon enoughKillaX will become famous soon enoughKillaX will become famous soon enoughKillaX will become famous soon enoughKillaX will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
paying a bit extra at crutchfield has been 110% worth it for me the past couple months
Not to preach another company here but I can agree. All my orders started going to crutchfield and they've yet to mess up. Emailed them the other day and got a reply within 24 hours that was well said ( not short and simple ).

It sucks NVX is handled woth Sonic, even when you buy from NVX directly. Because even my order through NVX's site got screwed up and it came from the same address Sonic ships from. Sad. Becausw I like some of their power handling products.
KillaX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #32

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 drei4runner will become famous soon enoughdrei4runner will become famous soon enoughdrei4runner will become famous soon enoughdrei4runner will become famous soon enoughdrei4runner will become famous soon enoughdrei4runner will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaX View Post
Not to preach another company here but I can agree. All my orders started going to crutchfield and they've yet to mess up. Emailed them the other day and got a reply within 24 hours that was well said ( not short and simple ).

It sucks NVX is handled woth Sonic, even when you buy from NVX directly. Because even my order through NVX's site got screwed up and it came from the same address Sonic ships from. Sad. Becausw I like some of their power handling products.

Sonic's service started going downhill when they got rid of their west coast warehouse and started shipping everything from a centralized location which is in Kentucky or Kansas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drei4runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 81 DC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enough

SSA store also sells NVX
DC/Hertz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #34
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Rep Power: 210 SkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC/Hertz View Post
SSA store also sells NVX
And is most likely drop shipped from sonic

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 251 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

At this point I'm glad I'm able to find most of what I need either new or barely used through people I trust. Then there's Madisound and PE. Guess Sonic is getting more business than they can handle so hopefully if a whole high traffic car audio forum stops buying from them they'll be able to handle the customers that don't know any better.

'14 Grand Cherokee Limited, OEM U-Connect 8.4a, JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, Arc xdi1200.6v2, Soundstream pn4.520d, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, ID15v3, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Seas Neo Aluminum...Rearfill done properly is a helluva drug!
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement