LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 srt2slow will become famous soon enoughsrt2slow will become famous soon enoughsrt2slow will become famous soon enoughsrt2slow will become famous soon enoughsrt2slow will become famous soon enoughsrt2slow will become famous soon enough

Default best sq for 2005 dodge ram qc

hey guys....i love music and i wana put a nice system in my 2005 dodge ram srt-10...i already have some kenwood excelon amps(xr-4s and xr-1s) and bt900 deck.. i got a ebay dual 10 box with some kicker cvt subs..sounds like crap...what speakers can i use for the front sound stage and whats the best speaker box/ sub combo i can use...thanks
srt2slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 66 XtremeRevolution is a jewel in the roughXtremeRevolution is a jewel in the roughXtremeRevolution is a jewel in the roughXtremeRevolution is a jewel in the roughXtremeRevolution is a jewel in the roughXtremeRevolution is a jewel in the roughXtremeRevolution is a jewel in the roughXtremeRevolution is a jewel in the roughXtremeRevolution is a jewel in the roughXtremeRevolution is a jewel in the roughXtremeRevolution is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: best sq for 2005 dodge ram qc

There is no box/sub combo. You need to design the sub box according to the speakers you're picking up.

Kicker CVRs aren't exactly the best sounding subs.

What's your budget, and how much space can you work with? Where are you placing these subs?
XtremeRevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #3

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 srt2slow will become famous soon enoughsrt2slow will become famous soon enoughsrt2slow will become famous soon enoughsrt2slow will become famous soon enoughsrt2slow will become famous soon enoughsrt2slow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
There is no box/sub combo. You need to design the sub box according to the speakers you're picking up.

Kicker CVRs aren't exactly the best sounding subs.

What's your budget, and how much space can you work with? Where are you placing these subs?

im putting them under the rear seats...dont know the amount of space....i got about 1500 to spend....
Old 06-14-2011   #4

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 vanburi will become famous soon enoughvanburi will become famous soon enoughvanburi will become famous soon enoughvanburi will become famous soon enoughvanburi will become famous soon enoughvanburi will become famous soon enough

You will be very limited space wise under the rear seats. Most pre-fab boxes only allow for a magnet diameter of 5" in that location. A custom box might allow for a bit more but, nothing significant.

I think your best bet is for a center console box of some type. You already have a good portion of your system in place. Why not have a custom dual 10" or 12" center console sub box made...

Regards,
vanburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #5

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanburi View Post
You will be very limited space wise under the rear seats. Most pre-fab boxes only allow for a magnet diameter of 5" in that location. A custom box might allow for a bit more but, nothing significant.

I think your best bet is for a center console box of some type. You already have a good portion of your system in place. Why not have a custom dual 10" or 12" center console sub box made...

Regards,
what would sound better....under the seats or the center console????

i was gonna go with a foxbox with a single jl 12w6....how would that sound with my amp??? or do i need more power for that sub
Old 06-14-2011   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 66 XtremeRevolution is a jewel in the roughXtremeRevolution is a jewel in the roughXtremeRevolution is a jewel in the roughXtremeRevolution is a jewel in the roughXtremeRevolution is a jewel in the roughXtremeRevolution is a jewel in the roughXtremeRevolution is a jewel in the roughXtremeRevolution is a jewel in the roughXtremeRevolution is a jewel in the roughXtremeRevolution is a jewel in the roughXtremeRevolution is a jewel in the rough

There are lots of ways you can get some stupidly good sound in small spaces. Under the back seats would work pretty well. What are your max dimensions there? There are a good variety of subwoofers that would work surprisingly well in sealed boxes under the seat. A few 8" variants come to mind by Alpine and Sundown. There are also many Dayton neo driver aluminum cones with high excursions that would work very well, in 4", 5", and 6" variants. Doesn't sound like a lot, but when you put 4-8 of them in a sealed box, they produce some mind boggling bass. If you want good sound, the box will have to be custom.

I'd need to know your max dimensions before I could recommend a few solutions though. Also, are you looking more for SPL or for SQ?
XtremeRevolution is offline   Reply With Quote