LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Duke1117 will become famous soon enoughDuke1117 will become famous soon enoughDuke1117 will become famous soon enoughDuke1117 will become famous soon enoughDuke1117 will become famous soon enoughDuke1117 will become famous soon enough

Question Assistance with system set up

If you had to choose between the JBL GTO 608C and the MB Quart 216 FSB Which would you choose? I have not had the chance to listen or try out ether set. This will be my first system set up in years so I was hoping for some advice. I am also on a rather tight budget. Single income family and all. Here is what I got so far. The Head unit I have is the Pioneer 8300UB the amp is a Pioneer 4300f. The amp is putting out 40 watts RMS per channel. Four channel set up. The components would be going in the front doors of a 2003 Chevy Silverado. I already have JBL P6462 4x6s in the rear doors just need to choose the right 6.5 components for the front doors. Like I stated before and you can probably tell from my set up so far I am pretty new to this. Any advice or suggestions on going a different route will be appreciated. Thanks .

Last edited by Duke1117; 10-14-2011 at 05:21 AM.. Reason: No responces
Duke1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #2

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Duke1117 will become famous soon enoughDuke1117 will become famous soon enoughDuke1117 will become famous soon enoughDuke1117 will become famous soon enoughDuke1117 will become famous soon enoughDuke1117 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Speaker selection

Update
Wow No response. No help. Lot of people reading the post. Don't get it. Not even a remark on weather the selection was bad. What is up? Maybe I should have asked what would be a good inexpensive set of components? I am not looking for ear shattering sound. Just something that sounds clear and full. I know the amp probably isn't the best choice. At lest now I know that. 4x6 in the rear doors is not the way most people would go. But that is what happens when you take a chance. I guess this is how people new to this learn. Funny I thought going on to a Car audio forum and asking for advise from people more experienced then I would be helpful. What was I thinking?

Last edited by Duke1117; 07-13-2012 at 06:41 AM..
Old 07-13-2012   #3
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 41 fj60landcruiser will become famous soon enoughfj60landcruiser will become famous soon enoughfj60landcruiser will become famous soon enoughfj60landcruiser will become famous soon enoughfj60landcruiser will become famous soon enoughfj60landcruiser will become famous soon enough

First, I wouldnt get mad at the people who you are reaching out to. Second, sometimes when there is a lot of posts things get lost in the shuffle and a friendly bump helps it come back to the top. Third, search is your friend. I am in the same boat as you and search search search for products I am considering. You'll find threads,opinions on virtually everything. Best of luck, keep us updated.
fj60landcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

When the music's over

Rep Power: 68 Wesayso will become famous soon enoughWesayso will become famous soon enoughWesayso will become famous soon enoughWesayso will become famous soon enoughWesayso will become famous soon enoughWesayso will become famous soon enough

There's a strong sense of DIY in this forum and if you look around questions like these are often overlooked. If you search this forum I think you will find some good input on the models you have in mind. I have no experience with both of those so I can't help you there. Your suggested amp seems on the low side with 40 watt RMS /channel.
I started with a 4x50 watt amp and I am much happier with my current 4x 93 watt RMS and an extra 2x50 watt RMS.
I know the search function is lacking for new members (the wait inbetween searches) but you can use google with this site referenced like:
Code:
JBL GTO 608C  site:www.diymobileaudio.com
Just copy and paste that line in google and read up...

Sorry I can't be more of a help

1982 Porsche 911 SC, Pioneer P88-RSII active 2-way front + sub, Genesis Series III 4 Channel, 1&2 to Hertz ML 1600 woofers, 3&4 bridged to a JBL GTO 804 sub in the front trunk, Vifa XT25 sc-90 04 tweeters powered by a Genesis Series III Stereo 60.
Wesayso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #5

DIYMA freshman

I am sorry I just got done reading a post. Someone wanting to install 30 speakers in a Chevy avalanche. That person got 26 replies. I thought wow. All I was asking was which brand people thought were better. I did end up getting a good set of components for a descent price. Hi phonics Zeus 6.5 it has been a little while I think $55 or $60 with shipping. They sound good but I am over them now and need to do something different. I don't have subs yet. I know that would round out things better but the mid s do not sound as good as I imagined. Like I posted awhile back pretty new to this. I still do not understand some of the terms used in some of the posts. Like Active. For instance "Are the components you installing going active or passive?" I suppose you are right if I read more and sandbag some discussions maybe I will learn and get the answers to my questions with out having to ask any. Again I apologize for sounding mad or irritated.
Old 07-13-2012   #6

DIYMA freshman

I have been looking at going with a different amp. Just have not picked one out yet. Thanks for the input.
Old 07-13-2012   #7

DIYMA freshman

50 watts per channel sounds about right from what I have gathered so far.
Old 07-13-2012   #8
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 41 fj60landcruiser will become famous soon enoughfj60landcruiser will become famous soon enoughfj60landcruiser will become famous soon enoughfj60landcruiser will become famous soon enoughfj60landcruiser will become famous soon enoughfj60landcruiser will become famous soon enough

Passive vs active. Passive is when you utilize the crossover that comes with the component set and has pre-set eq curves. Active is when you use the crossover function on your amp, or an independant crossover/processor and manually adjust frequencies to "dial"in your sound.
fj60landcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote