LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013   #51
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 70 JVD240 will become famous soon enoughJVD240 will become famous soon enoughJVD240 will become famous soon enoughJVD240 will become famous soon enoughJVD240 will become famous soon enoughJVD240 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: sq on a budget

Are they all sealed up? Any mass loaded vinyl?
JVD240 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013   #52

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 71 indytrucks is on a distinguished roadindytrucks is on a distinguished roadindytrucks is on a distinguished roadindytrucks is on a distinguished roadindytrucks is on a distinguished road

Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D 1000 Watt 5-Channel Car audio Amplifier : VMInnovations.com

Thats the link to the RF 5 channel by the way. Price went up a little but you can find a coupon code I'm sure. I think I used FACEBOOK as my code. Might still work. Its like 5% off.

New setup coming to show Japan whats up.
indytrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013   #53

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 25 05 obs will become famous soon enough05 obs will become famous soon enough05 obs will become famous soon enough05 obs will become famous soon enough05 obs will become famous soon enough05 obs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD240 View Post
Are they all sealed up? Any mass loaded vinyl?
Nope neither of those, I will have to treat them more I guess. As I said I am new to this side I used deadner for rattles not for anything else. Also where did you mount your tweets?

And thanks for that 5 channel link I will take a look.
05 obs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013   #54

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 25 05 obs will become famous soon enough05 obs will become famous soon enough05 obs will become famous soon enough05 obs will become famous soon enough05 obs will become famous soon enough05 obs will become famous soon enough

ok sub is figured out i have a killer deal lined up on 2 different subs incase 1 falls through. amp i am liking the ppi p900.4 should be plenty of Power and its tiny so easy to hide. now the last 2 thing components and finishing sound deadening on doors. between comps and deadening on doors i have about $250 so id like to hear ideas.
Old 03-17-2013   #55

DIYMA freshman

ok components options are as follows that I have found if anyone knows anything else let me know

Audioque/Soundqubed qc-hf6.5
Powerbass 2xl-60c(2way not 3 way)
Massive audio sk6 II
Pioneer TS-D1720C
Old 03-17-2013   #56
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 70 JVD240 will become famous soon enoughJVD240 will become famous soon enoughJVD240 will become famous soon enoughJVD240 will become famous soon enoughJVD240 will become famous soon enoughJVD240 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 obs View Post
Nope neither of those, I will have to treat them more I guess. As I said I am new to this side I used deadner for rattles not for anything else. Also where did you mount your tweets?

And thanks for that 5 channel link I will take a look.
My tweeters are in the dash firing at the windshield right at the front. Pretty much beside the defroster strip. I've had them in the corners of the dash on axis as well and in the a-pillars on axis. Also in the doors in factory locations. That sucked.

On axis higher up is best IMO. I just want the Car to look stock so I put them in the dash. Plus my new tweets are really big.

Make sure you seal up the doors. Best to use a rigid material like plexi and then deaden over top of that. I haven't done MLV but I'm told that's where you'll get the biggest bump in midbass output.
JVD240 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #57

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD240 View Post
My tweeters are in the dash firing at the windshield right at the front. Pretty much beside the defroster strip. I've had them in the corners of the dash on axis as well and in the a-pillars on axis. Also in the doors in factory locations. That sucked.

On axis higher up is best IMO. I just want the Car to look stock so I put them in the dash. Plus my new tweets are really big.

Make sure you seal up the doors. Best to use a rigid material like plexi and then deaden over top of that. I haven't done MLV but I'm told that's where you'll get the biggest bump in midbass output.
thanks ill take a look into that. hopefully chithead can helpme clean my wiring up and help install everything since mine is not clean now its just loud. its not crazy messy just could be cleaner. and yes the door location blows, i am thinking a pillar.

this is not going to be a crazy sq setup its going to be something that is cleanly installed/almost factory looking that can have some puch when the kid isnt in the car
Old 03-17-2013   #58
DIYMA 500 Club

That's What She Said

12V Company:
Honky Mo Fo Audio
Position:
H.C.I.C. - Head Cracker In Charge

Rep Power: 112 chithead has a spectacular aura aboutchithead has a spectacular aura aboutchithead has a spectacular aura aboutchithead has a spectacular aura aboutchithead has a spectacular aura aboutchithead has a spectacular aura aboutchithead has a spectacular aura aboutchithead has a spectacular aura aboutchithead has a spectacular aura about

I wish someone would review those AudioQue components. They look like a solid built component set. And a great price for them too

chithead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #59

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chithead View Post
I wish someone would review those AudioQue components. They look like a solid built component set. And a great price for them too
me too everyone loves them for the spl side because they scream, the tweeter is pretty large. I am just wondering what they will do tuned and installed correctly. I will say from what I remember they are very bright but then again I heard them in a truck that was doing 145+db on music so who knows.
Old 03-17-2013   #60

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 71 indytrucks is on a distinguished roadindytrucks is on a distinguished roadindytrucks is on a distinguished roadindytrucks is on a distinguished roadindytrucks is on a distinguished road

For 100$ it might be worth playing with. Take a look at the new sundowns too. Jacob just joined here if you have questions about them but they look pretty nice.

Old 03-17-2013   #61

DIYMA freshman

the sundowns arent out yet as far as i know. and i am sure the sa's will be about $200.
Old 03-17-2013   #62

DIYMA freshman

They're out. But yeah, they're 200. I just realized you said you only have like 250 left for speakers and deadner. My bad.

Old 03-17-2013   #63

DIYMA freshman

Its all good, if he has some b-stock I might go for them.
Old 03-21-2013   #64

DIYMA freshman

ok so amp, sub, and components figured out/bought now its on to cleaning up previous wiring, builidng box/pillars, and getting everything actually done
Old 03-21-2013   #65

DIYMA freshman

So what did you decide on?

Old 03-21-2013   #66

DIYMA freshman

amp- old school planet audio vx3004 75x4@4, 150x4@2, 300x2@4, it will run 75x2+300x1
sub- oz matrix elite 12d2
deck- pioneer avh-p4200dvd
components-rockford t1675-s
and then rewire, clean up, and fiberglassing. thanks to chithead for all the help so far and the help i am sure he is going to be moving forward plus the hook up on the sub and components.
Old 03-22-2013   #67

DIYMA freshman

Good lookin list. Why'd you pick those comps?

Old 03-22-2013   #68

DIYMA freshman

because chithead has them and willing to give me a deal too good to pass up and anything is better than these type s harsh tweeter things in the Car now
Old 03-22-2013   #69

DIYMA freshman

Haha. Fair enough. I've always wondered about the RF components. It's hard to find a nice unbiased review on them.

Old 04-02-2013   #70

DIYMA freshman

ok so any idea on budget dsp? im still up in the air with equipment and possibly might change the deck but probably not. so the avh-p4200dvd eq and ta options blow. so anyone got any ideas on a budget dsp?
Old 04-09-2013   #71

DIYMA freshman

bumping this up. CHITHEAD IS THE MAN! we met up around 12:30 this morning when he got out of work and gave me the deal of the century on the rf t1675-s comps, and that oz Power matrix 12. Now its time to get the 142db beast out of the Car now and start building the new setup.

I must say these mids are like little mini subs and the oz is a serious beast of a sub.