Thoughts on zapco z series amps? - Page 3 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2015   #51
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 114 Huckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Thoughts on zapco z series amps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImLoudEK View Post
Damn...I love how these new lx models came out right when I picked up my zapco amps...almost like a fuck you edition

Yea I'm really liking the specs on this asp 4x processor/x over...I hope it comes out real soon...I could def use one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess you have installed them. So returning them is out the question.

Huckleberry Sound
Huckleberry Sound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2015   #52
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 114 Huckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enough

Looks like some updated information has now his there website.
This comes from there download of there current product catalog via the website.

All I can say is - Pretty Nice!!!

Huckleberry Sound

Last edited by Huckleberry Sound; 06-27-2015 at 04:11 AM..
Old 04-04-2015   #53
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

So so pretty!!!

Z150.6LX. I was actually going to use these in my own setup, but I was able to get a PSix unit, to simplify the setup more.

If someone wants them, let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $_57.jpg (46.6 KB, 89 views)

Huckleberry Sound

Old 05-12-2015   #54

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 44 poker11788 will become famous soon enoughpoker11788 will become famous soon enoughpoker11788 will become famous soon enoughpoker11788 will become famous soon enoughpoker11788 will become famous soon enoughpoker11788 will become famous soon enough

I have finally purchased a new z150.6lx
for my 3 way active setup and a z1000 for my subs. Very, very excited.
poker11788 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2015   #55

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 110 win1 will become famous soon enoughwin1 will become famous soon enoughwin1 will become famous soon enoughwin1 will become famous soon enoughwin1 will become famous soon enoughwin1 will become famous soon enough

Nice should be a nice setup sir
win1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2015   #56

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 87 mrgreenjeans71 will become famous soon enoughmrgreenjeans71 will become famous soon enoughmrgreenjeans71 will become famous soon enoughmrgreenjeans71 will become famous soon enoughmrgreenjeans71 will become famous soon enoughmrgreenjeans71 will become famous soon enough

What the hell. Was looking for a review of the Zapco Z series. Every post I read has pictures, congradualtory comments, comments about other zapco amps, and other pointless comments. Can't anyone stick to the script? Who do I have to f*ck to see a review of these amps from someone who actually owned them?
mrgreenjeans71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2015   #57

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 44 poker11788 will become famous soon enoughpoker11788 will become famous soon enoughpoker11788 will become famous soon enoughpoker11788 will become famous soon enoughpoker11788 will become famous soon enoughpoker11788 will become famous soon enough

I have an idea, start a new thread called "Zapco Amp Reviews" Just sayin'
Old 07-31-2015   #58

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 33 ImLoudEK will become famous soon enoughImLoudEK will become famous soon enoughImLoudEK will become famous soon enoughImLoudEK will become famous soon enoughImLoudEK will become famous soon enoughImLoudEK will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgreenjeans71 View Post
What the hell. Was looking for a review of the Zapco Z series. Every post I read has pictures, congradualtory comments, comments about other zapco amps, and other pointless comments. Can't anyone stick to the script? Who do I have to f*ck to see a review of these amps from someone who actually owned them?

ZAPCO Z Series Amplifiers

Tampons are for vaginal bleeding

HU: P99RS, Midbass: Beyma Pro 6wnd, Mid: L3se, Tweet: Beyma HT-45, Sub: (2) sundown sa-10, Amps: Zapco Z150.6lx, (2) z1kd strapped
ImLoudEK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2015   #59
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Rep Power: 210 SkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to all

Quote:
are you looking for a review on how they sound?

they sound super airy and have so much control over the speakers they are powering. they are also very warm, while clinical and transparent and smooth all at the same time. they give your sound stage a whole new dimension that you never knew existed.

how was that? or were you looking for how they are in terms of reliability, looks, and power..

SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2015   #60
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 312 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
are you looking for a review on how they sound?

they sound super airy and have so much control over the speakers they are powering. they are also very warm, while clinical and transparent and smooth all at the same time. they give your sound stage a whole new dimension that you never knew existed.

how was that? or were you looking for how they are in terms of reliability, looks, and power..
There are quite a few people on this site running the Z amps. If you've actually done a search, you have seen that. Ask them in their build threads, or send them a PM if they haven't already posted their thoughts and impressions.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS | Mosconi 6to8 V8 | Arc KS900.6 | Arc KS600.2 | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Arc Black 12
2015 MECA SQL Street California State Champion
Sonic Electronix Discount Code: hutsell
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2015   #61

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Dynamic SQ is on a distinguished roadDynamic SQ is on a distinguished roadDynamic SQ is on a distinguished roadDynamic SQ is on a distinguished roadDynamic SQ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm not sure why everyone is giving you a hard time, because what you're stating is very true. It's kind of funny you are pointing it out.

I wouldn't rely on reviews of equipment on this forum. People who own the equipment say it's the greatest thing ever until they switch to something new. It's a constant cycle of "forum boners". Zapco was once a forum boner, then Mosconi got its shine, and now it's slowly turning to Sinfoni. Years ago it was Linear Power, then Arc SE, etc... Come back next year and it will be something else.

The current Zapco amps aren't anything special. My advice would be to pick up a smaller used model on eBay and see how YOU like it. If you don't, turn around and sell it for a profit or to break even.
Dynamic SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2015   #62

DIYMA Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic SQ View Post
I'm not sure why everyone is giving you a hard time, because what you're stating is very true. It's kind of funny you are pointing it out.

I wouldn't rely on reviews of equipment on this forum. People who own the equipment say it's the greatest thing ever until they switch to something new. It's a constant cycle of "forum boners". Zapco was once a forum boner, then Mosconi got its shine, and now it's slowly turning to Sinfoni. Years ago it was Linear Power, then Arc SE, etc... Come back next year and it will be something else.

The current Zapco amps aren't anything special. My advice would be to pick up a smaller used model on eBay and see how YOU like it. If you don't, turn around and sell it for a profit or to break even.
Your CRUSHING my dreams Dynamic!! I've done ALOT of research and a descent amont of money to get my gear. My front stage will be powered by a Zapco z150.6lx and my subs by a Zapco z2000.
It's all in my garage and ready to be installed not too long from now. I was super excited to finally listen to it, and then you had to come along with your "nothing special" remark.

Damn man. You suck!! Lol 😭😭😭
Old 09-03-2015   #63
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 89 rxonmymind will become famous soon enoughrxonmymind will become famous soon enoughrxonmymind will become famous soon enoughrxonmymind will become famous soon enoughrxonmymind will become famous soon enoughrxonmymind will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic SQ View Post
I'm not sure why everyone is giving you a hard time, because what you're stating is very true.It's kind of funny you are pointing it out.

Lol.
Totally agree. Looking to change up my current JL amps and during the course of my search I ran into exactly what Mrgreenjeans described. Not sure if it'll make THAT much of a difference going from 6/75w a channel to 6/150. But reading the website I was impressed with the components that were installed into the LX line. Price is fair and availability is assured. But would have been nice to see any side by side comparisons against Mosconi, JL and so forth. Then there is questions of customer support and having wait a week or two for support from "John". That's a toughie. Going through my local brick & mortar store amps were swapped out that day when it went bad no questions asked.

Last edited by rxonmymind; 09-03-2015 at 02:29 AM..
rxonmymind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2016   #64

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 81 tru tech99 will become famous soon enoughtru tech99 will become famous soon enoughtru tech99 will become famous soon enoughtru tech99 will become famous soon enoughtru tech99 will become famous soon enoughtru tech99 will become famous soon enough

can anyone tell me what is the difference between the the LE and the LX ?
tru tech99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2016   #65
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru tech99 View Post
These are based off the regular Z series, but here are a few things that are "upgrades" between the LE series and the regular Z series:
Tiffany style bolt through RCA connectors
Separate left and right channel gain controls for every channel and all other preamp controls are eliminated (no crossovers or filters and designed for a full active setup)
Analog Devices OP 275 Op-amps
Mica caps and Elna Simlic ll Eletrolytics
Twin Power supplies on the 150.4-LE, so basically has all the Power of its 2 channel version

More info on the Limited Edition 40th Anniversary Zapcos can be found here: http://zapco.com/images/imageready/Product/z/LE.pdf

Huckleberry Sound
Old 05-17-2016   #66
DIYMA 500 Club

Richard

Rep Power: 111 papasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru tech99 View Post

LE was a limited edition run that only included the 150.2LE and 150.4LE.

LX line expanded to include the 150.6LX and the 400.2LX along with LX versions of the 150.2 and 150.4.

Both lines have the upgrades mentioned.

papasin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2016   #67

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 81 tru tech99 will become famous soon enoughtru tech99 will become famous soon enoughtru tech99 will become famous soon enoughtru tech99 will become famous soon enoughtru tech99 will become famous soon enoughtru tech99 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasin View Post
LE was a limited edition run that only included the 150.2LE and 150.4LE.

LX line expanded to include the 150.6LX and the 400.2LX along with LX versions of the 150.2 and 150.4.

Both lines have the upgrades mentioned.
thanks you.... end up getting the z150.4 LE ........ did anyone know when Zapco will release the new DSP?
tru tech99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2016   #68

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 104 barracuda777 will become famous soon enoughbarracuda777 will become famous soon enoughbarracuda777 will become famous soon enoughbarracuda777 will become famous soon enoughbarracuda777 will become famous soon enoughbarracuda777 will become famous soon enough

End of year

Zapco-Audiofrog-Eton-BG-Image Dynamics...

..and a beast in progress
barracuda777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2017   #69
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 86 Black Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enough

I am wondering if any one here has had their Zapco amps bench tested to see what they are putting out? Either the Z series or LX versions.....

Also, do they come with birth sheets or anything showing what their power is prior to packaging?

2013 Dodge Ram (under construction)
Black Rain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2017   #70
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 80 Golden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rain View Post
I am wondering if any one here has had their Zapco amps bench tested to see what they are putting out? Either the Z series or LX versions.....

Also, do they come with birth sheets or anything showing what their power is prior to packaging?

IIRC, a friend of mine is running a pair of the 150.4 LE amps and when he measured the power he said it was a little over 200 wpc.

They do not come with birth sheets.

Golden Ear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2017   #71
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 86 Black Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enough

How does one go about getting them benched to see what they are putting out?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Old 04-01-2017   #72
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 81 DC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enough

Send it to big D and I'm sure he will put it on the dyno.
I'd except rated plus 10-15%. They are good Korean boards. I looked at them hard before my current build but i couldn't do the size or efficiency. Ended up getting more power in 1/2 the size. They do look cool though.
DC/Hertz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2017   #73
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Thanks DC....

Old 04-03-2017   #74
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 312 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rain View Post
How does one go about getting them benched to see what they are putting out?

Bench testing for function is pretty simple and doesn't take much. Bench testing for power is a bit different.

First and foremost, you'll need a pretty significant power supply if you're testing for actual output. Think about the amp draw on the Z-LX amps. Max current draw is going to be up to 200A on a 400.2 or 150.6. Now, I won't say that you need a 200A power supply, but even a 30A unit which are innexpensive and pretty easy to find probably won't cut it if you want to drive all channels.

That leads to the question of how you measure. Are you testing one channel at a time? A pair of channels on a 4 or 6 channel amp? Or are you loading each channel of the amplifier the same way you would in the car? Depending on how you load the amp, you're likely going to see different results.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS | Mosconi 6to8 V8 | Arc KS900.6 | Arc KS600.2 | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Arc Black 12
2015 MECA SQL Street California State Champion
Sonic Electronix Discount Code: hutsell
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2017   #75
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Well I would probably like to see what it puts out in the way I'd be using it. So basically a Z150.4 as a 3way.... 1-Tw, 2-Mr, 3/4-Mb all @4ohms.

But it seems like a lot of work just to show maybe 10% increase in wattage.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement