Front component set up-Mustang - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5 Days Ago   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Chris1320 will become famous soon enoughChris1320 will become famous soon enoughChris1320 will become famous soon enoughChris1320 will become famous soon enoughChris1320 will become famous soon enoughChris1320 will become famous soon enough

Default Front component set up-Mustang

Hello,
Time for a rebuild ...Long story short my Focal Flax 3 ways all blew, with an Arc ks300.4 also going down. Anyway needing to replace it because no sound sucks. So here's where I need help, I want it done right this time, and hopefully also that it won't all blow. Primarily I'm looking at the Audiofrog GB15's for tweeters, as I'm leaving it as a two way for the time being. Maybe rear fill later, or a midrange. But that's a way down the road.
For the midbass, I'm thinking Audiofrog GS60, the NVX X series, maybe TM65's. The frog GB60's aren't in the budget unfortunately. So...

Option 1-Audiofrog GB15 and either Audiofrog GS60, NVX X series, or maybe TM65's, or ?
Option 2-open was thinking NVX mid/tweet, or ? This is a cheaper option.

The car is a 13 Mustang GT, unfortunately shop will have to do the install as i don't have the skills or knowledge. Running the fronts will be a NVX 4 channel, JL TWK88 dsp, pioneer 4100nex, sub is Audiomobile 12 with an Arc KS300.2.
Which mid bass will be optimal from option 1?
And is the more expensive Audiofrog option one worth the cost above option 2?
Also, do s anyone happen tomorrow know the best tweeter positioning for this car (angle,location)? The shop can build the pods (I'm assuming in the sails, but don't have much faith in them trying for the best position). Considered the adjustable pods from the German guy on eBay to get around that. But would prefer for it to look cleaner. I just really don't want to waste all my money again and hoping for some guidance
Thanks for looking and any help or suggestions !!!
And, if anyone is in the Indianapolis area who wants to make some money on the side let me know ha. More faith in someone on here than most shops
Chris1320 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5 Days Ago   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 32 MrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Front component set up-Mustang

I would hate for you to spend more money on speakers and then blow them too. Did u ever investigate to see what caused your speakers to blow? Gains set too high? Maybe distortion/clipping?

I would check these things before hooking up more stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrGreen83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #3

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Chris1320 will become famous soon enoughChris1320 will become famous soon enoughChris1320 will become famous soon enoughChris1320 will become famous soon enoughChris1320 will become famous soon enoughChris1320 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Front component set up-Mustang

I'm not sure When I took it back to them, they seemed kind of baffled and kind of blamed the fact I bought the Focal's second hand, though they were new. Said the crossovers could've been bad. From he beginning though it didn't seem right. There was always a shorting out kind of sound. Occasionally the amp for the fronts would shut down after playing it loud for a little bit ( like 10 mins...). Once there was a slight smoking and burning smell, it came from under the steering column. Which is near where they put the crossover. Took it in then, they said it was fine. My Arc ks300.4 then "went out", he said he power wire started to melt. It's been frustrating. I wish I knew why, or knew how to figure it out. I'm not the best with technology unfortunately. I definitely don't need or want it to happen again.
Chris1320 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement