What components for this crossover? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 samer0214 will become famous soon enoughsamer0214 will become famous soon enoughsamer0214 will become famous soon enoughsamer0214 will become famous soon enoughsamer0214 will become famous soon enoughsamer0214 will become famous soon enough

Default What components for this crossover?

Looking for a 6-1/2" mid-bass and a 3/4" - 1" soft dome tweeter recommendation for a crossover with the following specs: 2-Way Butterworth with an 18dB/octave 4kHz high-pass, and a 6dB/octave 4kHz low-pass.

Looking on the web I found the following that might work:

- Mid-Bass: ScanSpeak Discovery Autosound 16W/4434G ($115.10/each)
- Tweeters: SEAS Prestige 27TFFNC/G ($40.00/each)

Will these work? Can you recommend a slightly less expensive option?

Thank you,

Samer
samer0214 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 110 Cruzer is on a distinguished roadCruzer is on a distinguished roadCruzer is on a distinguished roadCruzer is on a distinguished roadCruzer is on a distinguished road

Default Re: What components for this crossover?

the only thing i can think of is the dayton RS paper cone woofers, but they dont have a 6.5 only 6 or 7"

not sure your application but my jeep came with 6.5s and i fit the dayton 7s easily with just a baffle/addapter

Head Unit: Pioneer 800PRS | Tweets: Dayton DC28F Silk | Mids: Dayton RS180 | Speaker Amp: Infinity Kappa Four | Sub: Dayton HO 15" | Sub Amp: AQ1200D
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 6 Days Ago   #3

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 20 LostnEye will become famous soon enoughLostnEye will become famous soon enoughLostnEye will become famous soon enoughLostnEye will become famous soon enoughLostnEye will become famous soon enoughLostnEye will become famous soon enough

SB17s

I'm running those Seas, great small format inexpensive tweet.
LostnEye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 5 Days Ago   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 322 gijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a particular reason you are trying to choose speakers based on predetermined crossover points, and not the other way around?

2005 Subaru Impreza RS:
Pioneer P99RS / Alpine PDX-V9 and PDX-F4 / Melodic Acoustic Euphoria 6.5 / Pioneer Stage 4 midrange / LPG / 2x AE SBP 15
gijoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #5
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 samer0214 will become famous soon enoughsamer0214 will become famous soon enoughsamer0214 will become famous soon enoughsamer0214 will become famous soon enoughsamer0214 will become famous soon enoughsamer0214 will become famous soon enough

Nothing more than that I already own that pair of crossovers. I know it's usually the other way around, in that you build the crossover based on the components, but I'm trying to save some money for a set of good front speakers (3-way components), and relegating the 2-way components to the back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you,

Samer
samer0214 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 322 gijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samer0214 View Post
Nothing more than that I already own that pair of crossovers. I know it's usually the other way around, in that you build the crossover based on the components, but I'm trying to save some money for a set of good front speakers (3-way components), and relegating the 2-way components to the back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What are the crossovers from? Passive crossovers are not universal, and the impedance will change the crossover points, at a minimum you need to match the impedance of the original speakers for those crossovers, even then, sensitivity could come into play as well. The point is, you may end up with terrible results even if you purchase great speakers.

If you are trying to save money, don't bother with passive crossover or tweeters in the back. You don't want the high frequencies behind you.

2005 Subaru Impreza RS:
Pioneer P99RS / Alpine PDX-V9 and PDX-F4 / Melodic Acoustic Euphoria 6.5 / Pioneer Stage 4 midrange / LPG / 2x AE SBP 15
gijoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 148 miniSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by samer0214 View Post
Looking for a 6-1/2" mid-bass and a 3/4" - 1" soft dome tweeter recommendation for a crossover with the following specs: 2-Way Butterworth with an 18dB/octave 4kHz high-pass, and a 6dB/octave 4kHz low-pass.

Looking on the web I found the following that might work:

- Mid-Bass: ScanSpeak Discovery Autosound 16W/4434G ($115.10/each)
- Tweeters: SEAS Prestige 27TFFNC/G ($40.00/each)

Will these work? Can you recommend a slightly less expensive option?
Madisound will build you a custom crossover for these drivers...probably for less than $50 for the pair.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT
HelixDSP / Director
PG Elite.5
AF GB15/Sinfoni Maestoso
IDQ8 (x3)
miniSQ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement