LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 skanps will become famous soon enoughskanps will become famous soon enoughskanps will become famous soon enoughskanps will become famous soon enoughskanps will become famous soon enoughskanps will become famous soon enough

Default RF 3sixty.2 vs Audison Bit-1

Can anyone tell me briefly what is the biggest difference in features between the RF 3Sixty.2 and the new Audison Bit One?

Assuming they are of about the same price, which one would you choose and why?
skanps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009   #2

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 skanps will become famous soon enoughskanps will become famous soon enoughskanps will become famous soon enoughskanps will become famous soon enoughskanps will become famous soon enoughskanps will become famous soon enough

Default Re: RF 3sixty.2 vs Audison Bit-1

......except one once had bloothtooth issue while another one now having teething problem...

Anyone care to share their major difference?
Old 01-20-2009   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 196 quality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nice

Now that the Bit Ones are about ready to start shipping back out and apparently with most of, if not all of, the bugs worked out I'd take a Bit One over a 3Sixty any day of the week. It's a 4-way vs. a 3-way and that alone would sell me on it.

quality_sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 117 Genxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enough

Bit1 for a 4-way and only other one I would consider is the Zapco DSP6. To bad the Zapco DSP8 is not out yet or it would be my pick.

06 F250:Zapco-JL-Pioneer, 99 Prelude:JL-DBX-Pioneer, 02 Honda Civic: 80PRS-Hertz-IDQ-JL, 08 Focus: Kenwood-Hertz-IDQ-Zapco, 05 Dodge1500: Kenwood- Pioneer-ID-Zapco---Team JL, Team MSE, Team RAAMmat, Team Zapco---2009 USACi Basic WC, INAC 2nd, 2010 MECA Finals 4th MODEX, 2010/11 OK State Champ MODEX
Genxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009   #5
Upgrade Your Membership!

... Squirrel!!!...

Rep Power: 455 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

care to list what the RF does and I can list what the bit one does? I have no clue, but I'll compare the bit one to the 701 to give you a ballpark idea.

4-way has been mentioned.

Bit One:
Take an alpine h701; add more x-over points, dynamic EQ, factory integration, 2 digital sources instead of one, laptop controls (RF has this, yes), +/- 12dB adjustments (instead of 9db adjustments), source EQ, source volume control, muting of channels via the software (no more going through the hassle of turning speakers off via the h701 which is a lengthy process), and some other goodies.
Oh, and yes, the 'sound' is better imo. Vs. a straight drop-in for the 701 (copied settings over to the bit one), the difference was definately noticeable and in favor of the bit one.

^this all assumes you know the 701 well. if not, someone can expand on it if I don't get a chance to.

Follow my blog:
http://medleysmusings.com/

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009   #6

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 80 norcalsfinest will become famous soon enoughnorcalsfinest will become famous soon enoughnorcalsfinest will become famous soon enoughnorcalsfinest will become famous soon enoughnorcalsfinest will become famous soon enoughnorcalsfinest will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genxx View Post
Bit1 for a 4-way and only other one I would consider is the Zapco DSP6. To bad the Zapco DSP8 is not out yet or it would be my pick.
4th Quarter this year or 1st Quarter 2010 according to Robert. Will be sick for sure. I'm surprised it wasn't at CES, i know there are at least prototypes and definitely has been in planning for a while.

2001 Tacoma Xtra Cab Prerunner - Clarion DXZ785USB - Stock for now
norcalsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 131 King Nothing will become famous soon enoughKing Nothing will become famous soon enoughKing Nothing will become famous soon enoughKing Nothing will become famous soon enoughKing Nothing will become famous soon enoughKing Nothing will become famous soon enough

Whats the price difference on the bit one vs a 3sixty?

disgusted..........
King Nothing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009   #8

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
Now that the Bit Ones are about ready to start shipping back out and apparently with most of, if not all of, the bugs worked out I'd take a Bit One over a 3Sixty any day of the week. It's a 4-way vs. a 3-way and that alone would sell me on it.
Oh I see. So the 3sixty.2 cannot run a 3way active front system. It can only run a 2way active front system since it only has 6 output altogether where 2 of them reserved for Centre and Sub - but then if one don't run a Sub or Centre, can these 2 output be tapped back for use in a 3 way active front system?

Apart from this, ie, total 6 output vs 8 output, any other major difference between bit-1 and 360.2? Well, this difference is already big enough though...why don't RF come out with a version with 8 output to cater for 3way active front...

Is there any other processor that also have 8 output besides the Bit-1 and the discontinued Alpine 701?

Cheers!!
Old 01-20-2009   #9

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
care to list what the RF does and I can list what the bit one does? I have no clue, but I'll compare the bit one to the 701 to give you a ballpark idea.

4-way has been mentioned.

Bit One:
Take an alpine h701; add more x-over points, dynamic EQ, factory integration, 2 digital sources instead of one, laptop controls (RF has this, yes), +/- 12dB adjustments (instead of 9db adjustments), source EQ, source volume control, muting of channels via the software (no more going through the hassle of turning speakers off via the h701 which is a lengthy process), and some other goodies.
Oh, and yes, the 'sound' is better imo. Vs. a straight drop-in for the 701 (copied settings over to the bit one), the difference was definately noticeable and in favor of the bit one.

^this all assumes you know the 701 well. if not, someone can expand on it if I don't get a chance to.
There you go:

Description Value
Configuration Digital Signal Processor
Input Impedance 10k Ohms
Signal Input High-Level: 6-channel (FR/FL/RR/RL/Center/Sub)
Low-Level: (8) RCA (FR/FL/RR/RL/Center/Sub/L-AUX/R-AUX)
Signal Output Low-Level: (6) RCA (FR/FL/RR/RL/Center/Sub)
Input Voltage 20 Vrms max.
Output Voltage 5 Vrms
Output Gain: +/- 10dB
THD+N <0.01%
Signal-to-Noise >100dB (A-weighted)
Crossover Type 3-Way adjustable w/ Subwoofer
Front/Rear/Center: High-Pass / Band-Pass / Low-Pass
Subwoofer: Low-Pass
Crossover Frequency 62 steps between 50Hz-10kHz
Crossover Slope 12dB/octave Butterworth
24db/octave Linkwitz-Riley
Subsonic Filter: 12dB and 24dB/octave
EQ Frequency Centers 31 bands @ 20Hz-20kHz
ISO 1/3 Octave centers
EQ Frequency Controls +/- 10dB
Palm® OS Requirements Palm OS® V 5.0 (or higher)
Bluetooth®
320x320 display
16-bit color resolution
Palm® OS Compatible Palm® LifeDrive™
Palm® Treo™ 650
Palm® Treo™ 700P
Palm® Tungsten™ E2
Palm® Tungsten™ T5
Palm® TX
SONY® PEG-NZ90
SONY® PEG-UX40
SONY® PEG-UX50
Zire™ 72
Zodiac
Zodiac2
Windows Mobile® Requirements Windows Mobile® 5 (or higher)
.Net Compact Framework 2.0 (or higher)
Microsoft Bluetooth® Stack
Windows Mobile® Compatible Dell™ X51
Dell™ X51V
Dell™ X50 (requires Dell OS upgrade)
Dell™ X50V
E-Ten G500+
Palm® Treo™ 700W
Palm® Treo™ 700WX
T-Mobile MDA
T-Mobile SDA
Sprint® PPC-6700
Cingular VX6700

These devices available in USA based on hardware platforms available world-wide. World-wide platforms should be compatible but have not been explicitly tested.
Incompatible Devices Samsung BlackJack
Motorola Q
HP (all devices)
Mounting Trunk
Shipping Weight 1.0 Lbs.
(0.45 Kg.)
Dimensions 1.75" H x 7.25" W x 4.25" D
4.45 H x 18.41 W x 10.79 D (cm)
Old 01-21-2009   #10

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 77 donkeypunch22 will become famous soon enoughdonkeypunch22 will become famous soon enoughdonkeypunch22 will become famous soon enoughdonkeypunch22 will become famous soon enoughdonkeypunch22 will become famous soon enoughdonkeypunch22 will become famous soon enough

Add into the discussion the oft "soon to be released" MS-8 for good measure.
donkeypunch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 125 mitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enough

What about the cost? The 3sixty is about $400, bit-1????
mitchyz250f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009   #12
Upgrade Your Membership!

... Squirrel!!!...

Rep Power: 455 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

bit 1 msrp is about $800.

Follow my blog:

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 01-21-2009   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 82 ARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enough

Just purchased a Bit One for $650.

ARCuhTEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #14

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 79 JMachan will become famous soon enoughJMachan will become famous soon enoughJMachan will become famous soon enoughJMachan will become famous soon enoughJMachan will become famous soon enoughJMachan will become famous soon enough

Possibly a stupid question...sorry...do you HAVE to use one of those mobile devices? Or will a laptop work?
JMachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #15
Upgrade Your Membership!

... Squirrel!!!...

what mobile device? A cell phone?

I don't think so... for either the RF or the Audison

Follow my blog:

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 01-22-2009   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 85 TXwrxWagon will become famous soon enoughTXwrxWagon will become famous soon enoughTXwrxWagon will become famous soon enoughTXwrxWagon will become famous soon enoughTXwrxWagon will become famous soon enoughTXwrxWagon will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMachan View Post
Possibly a stupid question...sorry...do you HAVE to use one of those mobile devices? Or will a laptop work?
the catch is the PALM OS device software. so either a Palm.Palm compatible PDA, Mobile device or a laptop on Palm OS (doubtful, maybe a micro-lap top or a notepad whatever they call them now)...

its the OS that's the kicker

Rob
TXwrxWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #17

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Speed Freak HSV will become famous soon enoughSpeed Freak HSV will become famous soon enoughSpeed Freak HSV will become famous soon enoughSpeed Freak HSV will become famous soon enoughSpeed Freak HSV will become famous soon enoughSpeed Freak HSV will become famous soon enough

The RF can use Palm, Windows Mobile, or a laptop with XP/Vista according RF's web site.
Speed Freak HSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 112 Megalomaniac will become famous soon enoughMegalomaniac will become famous soon enoughMegalomaniac will become famous soon enoughMegalomaniac will become famous soon enoughMegalomaniac will become famous soon enoughMegalomaniac will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXwrxWagon View Post
the catch is the PALM OS device software. so either a Palm.Palm compatible PDA, Mobile device or a laptop on Palm OS (doubtful, maybe a micro-lap top or a notepad whatever they call them now)...

its the OS that's the kicker

Rob
Answer
Megalomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 112 Megalomaniac will become famous soon enoughMegalomaniac will become famous soon enoughMegalomaniac will become famous soon enoughMegalomaniac will become famous soon enoughMegalomaniac will become famous soon enoughMegalomaniac will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanps View Post
......except one once had bloothtooth issue while another one now having teething problem...

Anyone care to share their major difference?
RF has fixed the bluetooth issues, they switched the modules now.
Megalomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #20

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Phase II productions

Rep Power: 73 denali804 will become famous soon enoughdenali804 will become famous soon enoughdenali804 will become famous soon enoughdenali804 will become famous soon enoughdenali804 will become famous soon enoughdenali804 will become famous soon enough

I used the 3sixty.2 that i had with a laptop (vista) and bluetooth adapter. I enjoyed the rf piece but had more floor noise then I have with the bitone. The 3sixty.2 also got pretty hot in the center console (not really the vented place that rf recommends) of my vehicle compared to the bitone just barely getting warm.
denali804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #21

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 74 linuxpro will become famous soon enoughlinuxpro will become famous soon enoughlinuxpro will become famous soon enoughlinuxpro will become famous soon enoughlinuxpro will become famous soon enoughlinuxpro will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCuhTEK View Post
Just purchased a Bit One for $650.
Where did you find the BitOne for $650? I've been thinking about it, and I'm 99% sure I'm going to buy this unit. $650 is a better deal than $800, not to mention that I can't even seem to find anyone that sells this thing (authorized dealer).

Also, is this the only processor on the market (other than the H701) that supports a 3-way front stage?
linuxpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 98 bigabe will become famous soon enoughbigabe will become famous soon enoughbigabe will become famous soon enoughbigabe will become famous soon enoughbigabe will become famous soon enoughbigabe will become famous soon enough

So does the BitOne make it reasonable to remove my P9 combo and start running my factory deck again??

Cause I miss the clean factory look of my stock deck... the P9 sticks out like a sore thumb.

Would I notice too much of a decrease in sound quality?

2004 BMW 330i
Zapco/Seas Lotus/Phass/Dynaudio/Alpine
bigabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 125 mitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enough

Would the Bit1 have noise issues like the 362?
Old 01-22-2009   #24

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by denali804 View Post
I used the 3sixty.2 that i had with a laptop (vista) and bluetooth adapter. I enjoyed the rf piece but had more floor noise then I have with the bitone. The 3sixty.2 also got pretty hot in the center console (not really the vented place that rf recommends) of my vehicle compared to the bitone just barely getting warm.

One good pcs of info

Keep it coming, we want more from user with first hand info
Old 01-23-2009   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Skamps tell us more about the bit one. Noise floor, ease of use...