Ultimate SQ Sub - PLEASE VOTE :) - Page 10 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

View Poll Results: Which of these would you vote for?
Dynaudio Esotar2 1200 114 10.39%
Image Dynamics iDQv2 243 22.15%
Rainbow Vanadium 38 3.46%
Morel Ultimo 234 21.33%
Focal Utopia 27wx 111 10.12%
Other 391 35.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1097. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010   #226

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 85 rezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enoughrezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enoughrezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enoughrezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enoughrezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enoughrezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enough

Cool Re: Ultimate SQ Sub - PLEASE VOTE :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrahim View Post
Don't think that could fit in my car.
hehe,buy bigger car,hehe
rezdawgaudio72 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2010   #227

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 sw9152 will become famous soon enoughsw9152 will become famous soon enoughsw9152 will become famous soon enoughsw9152 will become famous soon enoughsw9152 will become famous soon enoughsw9152 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Ultimate SQ Sub - PLEASE VOTE :)

I am real happy with my Stereo Integrity Mag v3. I havent heard most of the others so I can't say it's the best, but it sounds damn good IMO. It has a more throw than most and likes the super low notes while still retaining finesse and agility.

sw9152 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2010   #228

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 78 stickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodistortion View Post
Try the IDQ10v3. Sound just as clean and deep as the v2 but more Power handling and output.
Hey Zerodistortion, how do you like that Addzest head unit of yours? I was thinking about getting either the one you have or the HXD1....
stickpony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2010   #229

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 111 bluecavi28 will become famous soon enoughbluecavi28 will become famous soon enoughbluecavi28 will become famous soon enoughbluecavi28 will become famous soon enoughbluecavi28 will become famous soon enoughbluecavi28 will become famous soon enough

My vote goes to the w6v2 series by JL Audio. I have used this series in the 10w6v2 12w6v2 and 13w6v2 model and they all to my ears are the best I have heard.

I have tried other subs that are said to be comparable or better but I keep coming back to these.

But like what has already been mentioned everyones ears are different some of the member's post's in this thread mentioned they prefer certain subs over the w6 while I prefer the w6 over the same subs they compared them to but I respect everyones differences as it is a personal taste.
bluecavi28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2010   #230

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 123 gunn234 will become famous soon enoughgunn234 will become famous soon enoughgunn234 will become famous soon enoughgunn234 will become famous soon enoughgunn234 will become famous soon enoughgunn234 will become famous soon enough

I've had a pair of JL 12W6s with 1 cft each, a pair of Velodyne DF-12SC tuned running in freeair. I am currently running a Boston Acoustics SPG-555 in a 1.25cft box and think its the best of them all in my install.
gunn234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2011   #231
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 116 eviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rough

I havn't used any of them herz, and IQ and all that but i've used alota the main stream brands, but by far the best sub ive personaly come into contact with is the one i have now which i am in love with, the w12gti mkii by JBL, just pure win
eviling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2011   #232

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 100 AudioPhill will become famous soon enoughAudioPhill will become famous soon enoughAudioPhill will become famous soon enoughAudioPhill will become famous soon enoughAudioPhill will become famous soon enoughAudioPhill will become famous soon enough

Audiopulse LM10D2
AudioPhill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2011   #233
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 160 BuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to behold

12W6 infinite baffle is the best I've heard to date.

'84 GN 10.60@ 127mph.
'07 Epic Expert
'14 Trance SX with SRAM XX1 1x11 Drivetrain.
'06 TL.
BuickGN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2011   #234
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 156 trojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioPhill View Post
Audiopulse LM10D2
Really ?
trojan fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2011   #235

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 101 yong_ly07 will become famous soon enoughyong_ly07 will become famous soon enoughyong_ly07 will become famous soon enoughyong_ly07 will become famous soon enoughyong_ly07 will become famous soon enoughyong_ly07 will become famous soon enough

other, i think rf Power dvc rocks
yong_ly07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011   #236

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 105 donkeypunch22 will become famous soon enoughdonkeypunch22 will become famous soon enoughdonkeypunch22 will become famous soon enoughdonkeypunch22 will become famous soon enoughdonkeypunch22 will become famous soon enoughdonkeypunch22 will become famous soon enough

I went with Alumapro 12 over DLS Iridium, DLS Nobelium, and DIYMA 12.
donkeypunch22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011   #237

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 120 SynRG will become famous soon enoughSynRG will become famous soon enoughSynRG will become famous soon enoughSynRG will become famous soon enoughSynRG will become famous soon enoughSynRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickGN View Post
12W6 infinite baffle is the best I've heard to date.
Really...I didn't think the 12W6 would work IB. I have one, but was considering an IB in my new car....can you elaborate on your experience with the 12W6 IB?
SynRG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2011   #238

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 MarantzMan will become famous soon enoughMarantzMan will become famous soon enoughMarantzMan will become famous soon enoughMarantzMan will become famous soon enoughMarantzMan will become famous soon enoughMarantzMan will become famous soon enough

The new DD z91 10 in a pwk box designed for as flat of a response as possible. Wired in series to the new DD S2, or perhaps a Steg or Audison amp..
MarantzMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2011   #239

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 85 Jaredturp will become famous soon enoughJaredturp will become famous soon enoughJaredturp will become famous soon enoughJaredturp will become famous soon enoughJaredturp will become famous soon enoughJaredturp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioPhill View Post
Audiopulse LM10D2
I'm surprised that no one else has mentioned any TC subs. I think the LMS-4000 sounds fantastic.
Jaredturp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2011   #240

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 78 stickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished road

Farenheit CK-12D subwoofers. i won 3 SQ competitions regionally here in FL ten years ago with them. Best SQ subs i ever owned.
stickpony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2011   #241

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Bake will become famous soon enoughBake will become famous soon enoughBake will become famous soon enoughBake will become famous soon enoughBake will become famous soon enoughBake will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
Why does it feel like this is a thread based on "what sounds best to you" instead of "what sub provides the best SQ" in regard to what might actually make you competitive in an SQ competition?

To some, a Hifonics Olympus or a Kicker L7 might sound great, but they will rarely win you an SQ competition and are not well suitable by comparison to other subs mentioned in this thread. There's a lot more to SQ than just flat frequency response.
So what would be some of the subs more likely to place in the SQ arena?
Bake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2011   #242

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 100 AudioPhill will become famous soon enoughAudioPhill will become famous soon enoughAudioPhill will become famous soon enoughAudioPhill will become famous soon enoughAudioPhill will become famous soon enoughAudioPhill will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredturp View Post
I'm surprised that no one else has mentioned any TC subs. I think the LMS-4000 sounds fantastic.
lol, almost the same thing, just the lm102 has a lower q and thats more desirable to the masses.
Old 02-23-2011   #243

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojan fan View Post
Really ?
my in Car f3 is 18hz and with little (-4@ 50hz to counter cabin gain spike, and +2 @20Hz to flatten lower shelf) eq its insanely flat over 100hz

Last edited by AudioPhill; 02-23-2011 at 05:30 PM..
Old 03-06-2011   #244

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 120 munkeeboi83 will become famous soon enoughmunkeeboi83 will become famous soon enoughmunkeeboi83 will become famous soon enoughmunkeeboi83 will become famous soon enoughmunkeeboi83 will become famous soon enoughmunkeeboi83 will become famous soon enough

Alto Mobile Falstaff 12

Although, I'm running the Alto Mobile Falstaff 10 in my Nissan Altima.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...f-10-subs.html

Last edited by munkeeboi83; 03-06-2011 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: made mistake
munkeeboi83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011   #245

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 85 rezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enoughrezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enoughrezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enoughrezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enoughrezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enoughrezdawgaudio72 will become famous soon enough

Cool Re: Ultimate SQ Sub - PLEASE VOTE :)

how about a sub from KEF,I had a 10" in a .85 cuft sealed box between the front seats of my van for about 8 years,blended well with every set up i had,peaple didnt even know there was a sub there,it wasnt real loud,but played deep & clear,may not be as exotic as some,just one I really liked.
rezdawgaudio72 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011   #246

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 bryan5969 will become famous soon enoughbryan5969 will become famous soon enoughbryan5969 will become famous soon enoughbryan5969 will become famous soon enoughbryan5969 will become famous soon enoughbryan5969 will become famous soon enough

For clean SQ bass..................I really enjoyed the Infinity Kappa Perfect 10DVC. 1600 watts peak....................SSSSSSSSSSSSSURE... It was nice and clean.
bryan5969 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011   #247
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 129 Brian Steele will become famous soon enoughBrian Steele will become famous soon enoughBrian Steele will become famous soon enoughBrian Steele will become famous soon enoughBrian Steele will become famous soon enoughBrian Steele will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan5969 View Post
For clean SQ bass..................I really enjoyed the Infinity Kappa Perfect 10DVC. 1600 watts peak....................SSSSSSSSSSSSSURE... It was nice and clean.
I really wonder what happened to Infinity with their subs. Looks like they were going in the right direction with the neo-based Kappa series, but then out came the new series that look like they were designed by "50-Cent"...

Brian Steele
www.diysubwoofers.org
Brian Steele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011   #248

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 116 matthewo will become famous soon enoughmatthewo will become famous soon enoughmatthewo will become famous soon enoughmatthewo will become famous soon enoughmatthewo will become famous soon enoughmatthewo will become famous soon enough

i took a chance on a dd audio 9110c, pretty rare and hard to find sub. having owned dd audio subs in the past i have never really considered them sq subs. but this 9110 series really is, its in a small ported box and sounds amazing. tuned at 33hz, winisd shows the response to perfectly flat, and down -3 at 31hz. it really reminds me of everyone saying the ultimo blends so well with the midbass it doesnt sound like a subwoofer, just that you have very powerful midbass drivers. with music not having a very strong bass line i feel this exact way. the sub is barly noticable and not directional, but when you put on some heavy bass rap music, and cut up the sub level a few dbs via the bitone drc, the sub comes alive and drops the mirror, like a true dd audio sub should.

just to give you an example, i had a critical mass ul12 firing into the cabin, with twice the power, this dd is my new setup with half the box size, half the power, and a trunk setup, and i like it better.

i think the true secret behind the design is keeping the coil a bit out of the main magnetic gap until it gets really moving. letting the sub be more laid back under normal listening, still requiring a good deal of Power to give its dynamics, but not really using it to its full potential not having the coil in the strongest part of the magnet. i know this sounds ass backwards but, i really think this might work to its advantage

Last edited by matthewo; 03-07-2011 at 08:43 PM..
matthewo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2011   #249

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 102 minibox will become famous soon enoughminibox will become famous soon enoughminibox will become famous soon enoughminibox will become famous soon enoughminibox will become famous soon enoughminibox will become famous soon enough

Disappointed not to see these on the poll.
They get my vote.

minibox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2011   #250
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
MontiCar Roermond NL
Position:
Installer

Rep Power: 81 Woosey will become famous soon enoughWoosey will become famous soon enoughWoosey will become famous soon enoughWoosey will become famous soon enoughWoosey will become famous soon enoughWoosey will become famous soon enough

Audio system HX10 Phase

or

Exact! SS23W

Both very High end subs, europeans love them...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HX10phase.jpg (9.6 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg ss23w_detail2.JPG (12.5 KB, 91 views)

Never say Ooops... Always say, Aahh Interesting....
Mazda MX-5 10th AE, Pioneer P99, Mosconi AS100.4, Mosconi One60.4, Gladen SQX08, Exact! M182W, Exact! En50B4, Exact! HX22TG, Silent Coat
Woosey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement