Ultimate SQ Sub - PLEASE VOTE :) - Page 6 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

View Poll Results: Which of these would you vote for?
Dynaudio Esotar2 1200 114 10.39%
Image Dynamics iDQv2 243 22.15%
Rainbow Vanadium 38 3.46%
Morel Ultimo 234 21.33%
Focal Utopia 27wx 111 10.12%
Other 391 35.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1097. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009   #126
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 134 lucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Ultimate SQ Sub - PLEASE VOTE :)

ok kiids all done?

back on topic!

back to the booming discussion!

drumroll
lucas569 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2010   #127

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 93 supernova7 will become famous soon enoughsupernova7 will become famous soon enoughsupernova7 will become famous soon enoughsupernova7 will become famous soon enoughsupernova7 will become famous soon enoughsupernova7 will become famous soon enough

i would definatly go with a pwf12x or a image dynamics
supernova7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2010   #128

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 93 supernova7 will become famous soon enoughsupernova7 will become famous soon enoughsupernova7 will become famous soon enoughsupernova7 will become famous soon enoughsupernova7 will become famous soon enoughsupernova7 will become famous soon enough

YouTube - homemade subwoofer and enclosure

Old 01-02-2010   #129

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 94 Maglite will become famous soon enoughMaglite will become famous soon enoughMaglite will become famous soon enoughMaglite will become famous soon enoughMaglite will become famous soon enoughMaglite will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova7 View Post

I don't think it's going to sell.
Maglite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2010   #130

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 brmcm15 will become famous soon enoughbrmcm15 will become famous soon enoughbrmcm15 will become famous soon enoughbrmcm15 will become famous soon enoughbrmcm15 will become famous soon enoughbrmcm15 will become famous soon enough

idk if anyone mentioned the Critical Mass UL12....but that gets my vote

Brandon
brmcm15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2010   #131

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 104 SkodaTeam will become famous soon enoughSkodaTeam will become famous soon enoughSkodaTeam will become famous soon enoughSkodaTeam will become famous soon enoughSkodaTeam will become famous soon enoughSkodaTeam will become famous soon enough

Ultimate SQ Sub - and the simple truth is - no such thing...
SkodaTeam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2010   #132

DIYMA freshman

lets all get realistic (not the woofer) and agree that those can all suffice and just say hey which of those cost less and save a few bucks and invest the few bucks into the next step to achieving good sq maybe a nice processor? or a low distortion amp etc. i would prolly go with a idq10 v3 i pay $220cad here
Old 01-02-2010   #133
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 146 Niebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova7 View Post
lets all get realistic (not the woofer) and agree that those can all suffice and just say hey which of those cost less and save a few bucks and invest the few bucks into the next step to achieving good sq maybe a nice processor? or a low distortion amp etc. i would prolly go with a idq10 v3 i pay $220cad here
The problem is I am not looking for the one that will just suffice. I am trying to achieve the best sq possible. I already have the rest of the system done (amps are Tru Billet, HU and processor is P9), just looking to find out if I can achieve any better sub bass than I currently have with the idq. I have the idq properly installed and tuned and currently have in hand the Rainbow Vanadium (BNIB paid $120 for) and the home version of the Dynaudio Esotar2 1200 (pd $450 for). I decided not to try the focal due to the install requirements and just sold those. I would probably be doing the Vanadium in a sealed enclosure and the Dynaudio in an Aperiodic Menbrane....they will both be properly installed and tuned when done, just don't have the time to do both, so hoping to get some help between the idq, vanadium and Dyn as of this point.
Niebur3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2010   #134

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 113 MrDave will become famous soon enoughMrDave will become famous soon enoughMrDave will become famous soon enoughMrDave will become famous soon enoughMrDave will become famous soon enoughMrDave will become famous soon enough

I haven't been in here in a while. I'm surprised to see it's as flammable as ever.

This thread was flawed from the beginning. The handful of people who actually have credible experience with the subs in the poll are not only few, but typically don't care enough to even weigh in. They are well aware of what these threads turn into when they offer "opinion".

Let's just leave it at this. Find out what your size, space, price, air volume, weight, output goals and limitations are, and fit something accordingly. If you have no defined requirements, the only answer is to hear as much as you can. I realized a long time ago that opinions were heavily skewed. The only way I'd find the answers I was looking for, as well as the only opinion that mattered, was to hear every piece of audio equipment I could and give it proper evaluation. That way, the bias or erroneous claims could stop.

Don't get me wrong, not everyone is bias. A lot of people make good suggestions, and that's because there are quite a few good subs out there. It's just difficult to take someone seriously when they offer a suggestion but have little experienced with other equipment.

Somewhere between some people's uber subwoofer goodness, and others tuning, EQ, and midbass make all the difference, there is a fine line with a subwoofer waiting for you.
MrDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2010   #135

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 94 DynaudioNut will become famous soon enoughDynaudioNut will become famous soon enoughDynaudioNut will become famous soon enoughDynaudioNut will become famous soon enoughDynaudioNut will become famous soon enoughDynaudioNut will become famous soon enough

Dynaudio has truly raised the bar when it comes to sub's even if its role in a SQ system is limited
DynaudioNut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2010   #136
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 134 lucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynaudioNut View Post
Dynaudio has truly raised the bar when it comes to sub's even if its role in a SQ system is limited
and the PRICE!
Old 01-06-2010   #137

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 94 Maglite will become famous soon enoughMaglite will become famous soon enoughMaglite will become famous soon enoughMaglite will become famous soon enoughMaglite will become famous soon enoughMaglite will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas569 View Post
and the PRICE!

Funny how that always seems to happen

If you don't like your job you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. -- Homer Simpson
Maglite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2010   #138

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 93 manslayer will become famous soon enoughmanslayer will become famous soon enoughmanslayer will become famous soon enoughmanslayer will become famous soon enoughmanslayer will become famous soon enoughmanslayer will become famous soon enough

I think I would say the Morel Ultimo. SUPER nice sounding sub.
manslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2010   #139

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 106 fastlane will become famous soon enoughfastlane will become famous soon enoughfastlane will become famous soon enoughfastlane will become famous soon enoughfastlane will become famous soon enoughfastlane will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebur3 View Post
The problem is I am not looking for the one that will just suffice. I am trying to achieve the best sq possible. I already have the rest of the system done (amps are Tru Billet, HU and processor is P9), just looking to find out if I can achieve any better sub bass than I currently have with the idq. I have the idq properly installed and tuned and currently have in hand the Rainbow Vanadium (BNIB paid $120 for) and the home version of the Dynaudio Esotar2 1200 (pd $450 for). I decided not to try the focal due to the install requirements and just sold those. I would probably be doing the Vanadium in a sealed enclosure and the Dynaudio in an Aperiodic Menbrane....they will both be properly installed and tuned when done, just don't have the time to do both, so hoping to get some help between the idq, vanadium and Dyn as of this point.
If you haven't figured it out by now, there's no right answer. That's what I don't understand about these kind of threads. It's all subjective.

You have Boston SR6500's and Focal's. Complete opposite ends of the spectrum as far as tonality, yet they both have religious followers who swear by them. The same goes for sub's. All the sub's mentioned could pass off as a very nice SQ sub in their proper enclosure. So why continue to beat a dead horse looking for the "ultimate SQ sub". Unless you're using someone else ears to listen to it; it all comes down to you.
fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2010   #140
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 146 Niebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
If you haven't figured it out by now, there's no right answer. That's what I don't understand about these kind of threads. It's all subjective.

You have Boston SR6500's and Focal's. Complete opposite ends of the spectrum as far as tonality, yet they both have religious followers who swear by them. The same goes for sub's. All the sub's mentioned could pass off as a very nice SQ sub in their proper enclosure. So why continue to beat a dead horse looking for the "ultimate SQ sub". Unless you're using someone else ears to listen to it; it all comes down to you.
Yeah, I pretty much knew that in the 1st place, just trying to get some opinions and find out if there were any more out there I was not thinking of. I have decided to try to implement the 12" Dyn I have in a homemade AP enclosure, vented to the outside. If I can't get that to work, I will probably test the Vanadium against the idq and go with the best sounding.
Old 02-20-2010   #141

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Penn State Online
Position:
Penn State Online

Rep Power: 96 HK_M3 will become famous soon enoughHK_M3 will become famous soon enoughHK_M3 will become famous soon enoughHK_M3 will become famous soon enoughHK_M3 will become famous soon enoughHK_M3 will become famous soon enough

JL 12W6v2
HK_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2010   #142
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_M3 View Post
JL 12W6v2
Old 02-24-2010   #143

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Penn State Online
Position:
Penn State Online

Rep Power: 96 HK_M3 will become famous soon enoughHK_M3 will become famous soon enoughHK_M3 will become famous soon enoughHK_M3 will become famous soon enoughHK_M3 will become famous soon enoughHK_M3 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas569 View Post
Shows how little you know about good sound....
Old 02-24-2010   #144
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 179 michaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nice

Quote:
Good sound or ultimate sound, there is a difference.
michaelsil1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2010   #145

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Penn State Online
Position:
Penn State Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsil1 View Post
Good sound or ultimate sound, there is a difference.
I definately agree! While "Ultimate" sound is in the eye of the beholder there is nothing preventing the W6v2 from sounding as "good" as almost any subwoofer out there. Shit...the W6v2 to me has a smoother response out of the gate then the W7 does.

-Nate
Old 02-24-2010   #146
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

Quote:
I definately agree! While "Ultimate" sound is in the eye of the beholder there is nothing preventing the W6v2 from sounding as "good" as almost any subwoofer out there. Shit...the W6v2 to me has a smoother response out of the gate then the W7 does.

-Nate
I believe that if you read the thread you would see the W6v2 has already been mentioned and debated, so no need to rehash. I personally had tried the W6v2 and was not a fan. Thanks for your input.
Old 02-24-2010   #147

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 99 tonym will become famous soon enoughtonym will become famous soon enoughtonym will become famous soon enoughtonym will become famous soon enoughtonym will become famous soon enoughtonym will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny View Post
Not a bad price on that bad boy

AVH-P5100DVD 250 GIG SATA USB Drive
AVI FRM-70 2 x AVI 6.5 LXD 3 Farad
2 JL13TW5 SUBS 2 PLD1's EQ215IX 3 M50's 2m100's
tonym is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2010   #148

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Penn State Online
Position:
Penn State Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebur3 View Post
I believe that if you read the thread you would see the W6v2 has already been mentioned and debated, so no need to rehash. I personally had tried the W6v2 and was not a fan. Thanks for your input.
Not rehashing...the thread was put here for opinions...this is mine....

-Nate
Old 02-24-2010   #149
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Oliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enough

Cool Re: Ultimate SQ Sub - PLEASE VOTE :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a$$hole View Post
something with a low LE and a light moving mass and some great midbasses to add kick to the system
There it is ^^^^^
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2010   #150
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
that's why my car never took less than 3rd and went to nationals i must not know jack!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement