Ultimate SQ Sub - PLEASE VOTE :) - Page 7 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

View Poll Results: Which of these would you vote for?
Dynaudio Esotar2 1200 114 10.39%
Image Dynamics iDQv2 243 22.15%
Rainbow Vanadium 38 3.46%
Morel Ultimo 234 21.33%
Focal Utopia 27wx 111 10.12%
Other 391 35.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1097. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010   #151

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Penn State Online
Position:
Penn State Online

Rep Power: 96 HK_M3 will become famous soon enoughHK_M3 will become famous soon enoughHK_M3 will become famous soon enoughHK_M3 will become famous soon enoughHK_M3 will become famous soon enoughHK_M3 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Ultimate SQ Sub - PLEASE VOTE :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas569 View Post
that's why my car never took less than 3rd and went to nationals i must not know jack!

Then its audio snobbery ;-)
HK_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2010   #152
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 146 Niebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_M3 View Post
Then its audio snobbery ;-)
Okay...if we are going to continue, I have a question for you.

Have you heard any of the subs in the poll personally and if so, what aspects of the JL do you like better specifically as it applies to each sub in question? (Most people voting for the Morel, Dynaudio, etc, have experience with the W6 since it is less expensive and can answer that question)

Also, what other subs have you owned personally?
Niebur3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2010   #153

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Penn State Online
Position:
Penn State Online

Rep Power: 96 HK_M3 will become famous soon enoughHK_M3 will become famous soon enoughHK_M3 will become famous soon enoughHK_M3 will become famous soon enoughHK_M3 will become famous soon enoughHK_M3 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebur3 View Post
Okay...if we are going to continue, I have a question for you.

Have you heard any of the subs in the poll personally and if so, what aspects of the JL do you like better specifically as it applies to each sub in question? (Most people voting for the Morel, Dynaudio, etc, have experience with the W6 since it is less expensive and can answer that question)

Also, what other subs have you owned personally?
I have not heard any subs released in the last year or two. I have heard Dynaudio subs (Not the newer Esotar series), I have not heard the Morels. I have heard -many- Image Dynamics woofers (IDQ, IDMAX not the v3 though), Phase Linear Aliante subs, W7's, W6v2's, the list goes on for generic subs after that (Eclipse, PPI, MTX, Alpine Type R, etc...)

I have heard a lot of home speakers from Dynaudio, Magico, Sonus Faber, Totem, JL's Fathom (Which is considered one of the best home subs on the planet and you know what kind of audio snobbery goes on there).

I have a fair amount of experience with good sound. Our family has been in the car audio business since 1987.

I have owned the W7, W6v2, Old School MTX Black Gold, JL Infinite Baffle subs and the Fathom F113 home sub. JL makes -great- shit. They are innovators. They have modeling software unavailable to almost anyone else in the industry, including the toughest market of all, the home audio sector.

-Nate
HK_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010   #154

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 94 jf2oo6 will become famous soon enoughjf2oo6 will become famous soon enoughjf2oo6 will become famous soon enoughjf2oo6 will become famous soon enoughjf2oo6 will become famous soon enoughjf2oo6 will become famous soon enough

Incriminator Audio Flatlyne!!!

I hope at least lol. Just bought one.
jf2oo6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2010   #155
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 146 Niebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf2oo6 View Post
Incriminator Audio Flatlyne!!!

I hope at least lol. Just bought one.
For your sake, I hope also...I have never heard one
Old 03-09-2010   #156

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 94 jf2oo6 will become famous soon enoughjf2oo6 will become famous soon enoughjf2oo6 will become famous soon enoughjf2oo6 will become famous soon enoughjf2oo6 will become famous soon enoughjf2oo6 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
For your sake, I hope also...I have never heard one
haha well I have heard really good things about them. and for my first sub I doubt I will be let down.
jf2oo6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2010   #157

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 104 SkodaTeam will become famous soon enoughSkodaTeam will become famous soon enoughSkodaTeam will become famous soon enoughSkodaTeam will become famous soon enoughSkodaTeam will become famous soon enoughSkodaTeam will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_M3 View Post
I have not heard any subs released in the last year or two. I have heard Dynaudio subs (Not the newer Esotar series), I have not heard the Morels. I have heard -many- Image Dynamics woofers (IDQ, IDMAX not the v3 though), Phase Linear Aliante subs, W7's, W6v2's, the list goes on for generic subs after that (Eclipse, PPI, MTX, Alpine Type R, etc...)

I have heard a lot of home speakers from Dynaudio, Magico, Sonus Faber, Totem, JL's Fathom (Which is considered one of the best home subs on the planet and you know what kind of audio snobbery goes on there).

I have a fair amount of experience with good sound. Our family has been in the car audio business since 1987.

I have owned the W7, W6v2, Old School MTX Black Gold, JL Infinite Baffle subs and the Fathom F113 home sub. JL makes -great- shit. They are innovators. They have modeling software unavailable to almost anyone else in the industry, including the toughest market of all, the home audio sector.

-Nate

Ok, another question. You mention, you have experience with Phase Linear subs. Is the JL W6 better from Aliante 12 only compared in terms of SQ?
SkodaTeam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2010   #158

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 93 Hextall 27 will become famous soon enoughHextall 27 will become famous soon enoughHextall 27 will become famous soon enoughHextall 27 will become famous soon enoughHextall 27 will become famous soon enoughHextall 27 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
) and the home version of the Dynaudio Esotar2 1200 (pd $450 for).

What is the model number of that sub?

17 Mustang GT PP Sync 3/iPhone 7 | Helix DSP.2 | HD600/4 (x2) | Pro L1 SE | L6SE | C8SW
03 SVTF DEH-P01 | HD900/5 | L1Pro | L6 | C10SW
Hextall 27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2010   #159
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall 27 View Post
What is the model number of that sub?
I would have to pull it out and look, it was a raw driver for the Sub 500 home subwoofer system.
Old 03-19-2010   #160

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 115 LS-N-IT will become famous soon enoughLS-N-IT will become famous soon enoughLS-N-IT will become famous soon enoughLS-N-IT will become famous soon enoughLS-N-IT will become famous soon enoughLS-N-IT will become famous soon enough

Hey there, another SQ Firebird Rare Id say...

Well, I thought I'd chime in as I have a SQ Firebird setup myself (98 formula LS1, I have pics in the build section).
I currently have a CSS SD12 sub in a little 1cu/ft box, firing rearward. Its a fantastic sounding sub with tons of output considering the small box. I get the best sound with it facing the rear, as opposed to up or down. Im going to try a side firing box soon just for fun.
LS-N-IT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2010   #161
Upgrade Your Membership!

Tuning is everything.

12V Company:
Imagine Audio
Position:
Resident Audio Geek

Rep Power: 143 WRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to WRX/Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhabit View Post
No mention of the W6v2?
Quote:
Sorry, that sub is good sounding, but not in the category of the subs being mentioned here. Thanks for all the great suggestions!
Quote:
Go ahead and ask on here, but I don't think many will consider a JLW6 a sq sub. I had one in my car that I replaced for the iDQ. The JL sub is nice, but not geared toward a sq setup. I actually read that review car audio mag did which is why I bought the JL...but there is no way the W6 and Ultimo are in the same category, even if the mag says it is. I did like the iDQ better than the JL, but I agree with you and that is why I am looking for better.
Wow. I would highly disagree. I'm currently having a hard time choosing between the Ultimo and 12w6v2 myself (having heard both in multiple vehicles). They both have their positive attributes. It sounds to me like you've been swayed by the "Anti-JL bandwagon" that seems to roll around here. Their main argument tends to be that there is "same for cheaper", not that their stuff doesn't sound excellent. In the upper echelon of woofers, the W6v2 is definately a serious contender, even at it's moderate price point. It's funny, JL is too expensive for some, and not expensive enough for others.

Also keep in mind, enclosure has as much to do with this as the woofer does. If you plan on sticking it in the side panel of your F-body, you probably don't have enough airspace for the proper SQ box for most of the woofers on your list. It's not even ideal for the 10w6v2 stealthbox they make, it's just better than most in that volume.

Do you plan on using EQ on your woofer and/or playing with phase? If you plan to just stick it in the car and wire it up for "correct" polarity and set the crossover, you may be chasing something you'll never acheive. Tuning is everything, and if you had a negative experience with the w6v2, i'd say tuning/box size/application swayed your experience.

In that side panel application, I'd put a vote in for a fiberglass box that molds up into the fenderwell for proper airspace, and then put an 8w7 in it. That is of course, if you already have yourself convinced that the 12w6v2 is not an "sq" woofer.
WRX/Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2010   #162
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX/Z28 View Post
Wow. I would highly disagree. I'm currently having a hard time choosing between the Ultimo and 12w6v2 myself (having heard both in multiple vehicles). They both have their positive attributes. It sounds to me like you've been swayed by the "Anti-JL bandwagon" that seems to roll around here. Their main argument tends to be that there is "same for cheaper", not that their stuff doesn't sound excellent. In the upper echelon of woofers, the W6v2 is definately a serious contender, even at it's moderate price point. It's funny, JL is too expensive for some, and not expensive enough for others.

Also keep in mind, enclosure has as much to do with this as the woofer does. If you plan on sticking it in the side panel of your F-body, you probably don't have enough airspace for the proper SQ box for most of the woofers on your list. It's not even ideal for the 10w6v2 stealthbox they make, it's just better than most in that volume.

Do you plan on using EQ on your woofer and/or playing with phase? If you plan to just stick it in the car and wire it up for "correct" polarity and set the crossover, you may be chasing something you'll never acheive. Tuning is everything, and if you had a negative experience with the w6v2, i'd say tuning/box size/application swayed your experience.

In that side panel application, I'd put a vote in for a fiberglass box that molds up into the fenderwell for proper airspace, and then put an 8w7 in it. That is of course, if you already have yourself convinced that the 12w6v2 is not an "sq" woofer.
My experience with the 10W6v2 was purely personal experience. I didn't care for the sound of the woofer at all. The iDQ did much better for my application. I did play with phasing and eq'd the hell out of it (P9 combo makes it easy) and still no dice. I don't believe in my wildest dreams I could fit the depth of the 8W7 in that space and so far my experience with JL (10W6v2 and 10W3v2) has been pretty ordinary. I am either going to keep my iDQ, try a Vanadium in the same sealed enclosure, or do with the Ultimo SC or Esotar2 1200 in an AP enclosure vented to the outside. Will post back after I implement my decision.
Old 04-03-2010   #163
Upgrade Your Membership!

Tuning is everything.

12V Company:
Imagine Audio
Position:
Resident Audio Geek

Rep Power: 143 WRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to WRX/Z28

Quote:
My experience with the 10W6v2 was purely personal experience. I didn't care for the sound of the woofer at all. The iDQ did much better for my application. I did play with phasing and eq'd the hell out of it (P9 combo makes it easy) and still no dice. I don't believe in my wildest dreams I could fit the depth of the 8W7 in that space and so far my experience with JL (10W6v2 and 10W3v2) has been pretty ordinary. I am either going to keep my iDQ, try a Vanadium in the same sealed enclosure, or do with the Ultimo SC or Esotar2 1200 in an AP enclosure vented to the outside. Will post back after I implement my decision.

Uhm, what? The 8w7 is shallower than the 10W6v2. (10w6v2 = 6.9" depth, 8w7 = 6.83" depth)

What I find in most cases, when people have experiences like yours, they either had the wrong box volume, a leaky enclosure, or midbass drivers that simply weren't up to the task of blending with the subwoofer. I feel too many people here look for midbass from their sub, and I fully beleive that when people are "disapointed with their sub" that 8/10 times, they actually aren't happy with their midbass drivers. Can you go larger in your doors? (IE can you build/fab something?)

As for better results from the sub, Try molding an enclosure into that side area, and come up forward over the wheel well for more airspace (the .5 or .6 cube in your cubby is going to choke the life out of most subs). You'll have better results with most woofers on your list in a larger enclosure.

At this point, I may end using a 12 or 13w6v2 in my car simply for the purposes of dispelling the bizare notion that it's not a capable woofer for an SQ setup.
WRX/Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2010   #164
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX/Z28 View Post
Uhm, what? The 8w7 is shallower than the 10W6v2. (10w6v2 = 6.9" depth, 8w7 = 6.83" depth)

What I find in most cases, when people have experiences like yours, they either had the wrong box volume, a leaky enclosure, or midbass drivers that simply weren't up to the task of blending with the subwoofer. I feel too many people here look for midbass from their sub, and I fully beleive that when people are "disapointed with their sub" that 8/10 times, they actually aren't happy with their midbass drivers. Can you go larger in your doors? (IE can you build/fab something?)

As for better results from the sub, Try molding an enclosure into that side area, and come up forward over the wheel well for more airspace (the .5 or .6 cube in your cubby is going to choke the life out of most subs). You'll have better results with most woofers on your list in a larger enclosure.

At this point, I may end using a 12 or 13w6v2 in my car simply for the purposes of dispelling the bizare notion that it's not a capable woofer for an SQ setup.
I didn't look at the specs and thought the 8W7 was larger...may bad. My box is sealed tight, no air leaks at all. My crossover point on my subs is 63hz/30dB slope. My doors are not able to fit any larger drivers than the MW182's I currently have in them playing mid bass .

JL Molded their enclosure a little better, but did not yield any significant size difference over the one I did. It is molded pretty well and you are right, fiberglass could do a little better job. I have thought about the wheel well idea, there just is not much airspace to yield from that either - already measured.

Like I said, to really get what I need, I probably need to go Aperiodic and vent to the outside and would need a suitable woofer for that.
Old 04-03-2010   #165

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 97 armen818 will become famous soon enougharmen818 will become famous soon enougharmen818 will become famous soon enougharmen818 will become famous soon enougharmen818 will become famous soon enougharmen818 will become famous soon enough

My vote goes for

wait

wait

wait

IDMAX , cause i have 2 12inch and right now i use one of them in my home audio system and i like it. its clear and loud if it needs to be plus i got both used, but in great shape, it was used for 2-3 months for $300
armen818 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2010   #166

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 92 tulse will become famous soon enoughtulse will become famous soon enoughtulse will become famous soon enoughtulse will become famous soon enoughtulse will become famous soon enoughtulse will become famous soon enough

I've had the opportunity to compare not a single sub-woofer to another. I've not put any of those woofers I did not compare into different encloses, and there are multiple amps I've not hooked them up to. I like my RE SE10 so far.
tulse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010   #167

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 105 Redcloud will become famous soon enoughRedcloud will become famous soon enoughRedcloud will become famous soon enoughRedcloud will become famous soon enoughRedcloud will become famous soon enoughRedcloud will become famous soon enough

I have only recently owned a Diamond Audio D610, JL 10w6v2, Hertz HSK300 and a 10w7. The Diamond, Hertz and 10w7 were in ported enclosures. The 10w6v2 in a tiny sealed stealth enclosure.

I rank them:
1. JL 10w7
2. Diamond
3. JL 10w6v2
4. Hertz

I have heard many other woofers in my friends cars but I can't really speak on those from just a brief audition. I however have heard the Morel Ultimo enough times to prefer the w7 over the Ultimo. A local dealer in town sells Morel and it's a bad ass woofer no doubt. Sounds good and looks sexy as hell to boot! To be fair I have never heard the Ultimo in a ported enclosure. The dealer always has it in a tiny sealed enclosure. I really don't see what's so great about it personally. IMO Morel makes the best components. I can't wait to get a hold of some Elate 3 ways.

Last edited by Redcloud; 04-08-2010 at 10:55 PM..
Redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010   #168
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 102 ebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enough

For me are the following in no random order:
1. Boston Acoustics.
2. Arc Audio.

SPL
1. Kicker
2. DEI ORION.

As for components I like the Morel Elate and the Hertz Audio Mille but not sure about the Hybrid Audio Technologies.
ebrahim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2010   #169

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 90 sygnal will become famous soon enoughsygnal will become famous soon enoughsygnal will become famous soon enoughsygnal will become famous soon enoughsygnal will become famous soon enoughsygnal will become famous soon enough

consider seas lutos sw300
sygnal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2010   #170

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 91 jmontoya21 will become famous soon enoughjmontoya21 will become famous soon enoughjmontoya21 will become famous soon enoughjmontoya21 will become famous soon enoughjmontoya21 will become famous soon enoughjmontoya21 will become famous soon enough

awesome poll
jmontoya21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2010   #171
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 129 mmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enough

its funny how so many Home Audiophile Magazines Give Rave Reviews for the fathom, and Gotham Subwoofer systems... From JL Audio, the Drivers are basically a w7..

Actually they are continually said to be a new Benchmark for all others to follow.. yet for whatever reason on this forum especially they are never mentioned, or respected as a SQ Driver.

Likely because the Shitty 15 Dollar Parts express Midbass can't keep up???

I guess Home Audiophile Magazines that test 100k plus systems don't know anything???

Or Is it that JL among 30 other companies Place a 5000 dollar 1 page add in the Magazine every Month???

These are not car audio Magazines here folks.. and JL Audio is pretty Small Compaired to many Home Audio Speaker Manufacturers.

2016 Civic Turbo Coupe
-Alpine, Arc Audio, Cardas, Hybrid Audio, JL Audio
And a closet full of $hit I'll never use.....
mmiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2010   #172
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 390 ryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiller View Post
Or Is it that JL among 30 other companies Place a 5000 dollar 1 page add in the Magazine every Month???
Could play a part...

And it doesn't really matter what HT products are good since they're not installed in a car. The W7 is big, deep, heavy, and relatively expensive. You need a big-ish amp to run them. It's not that they're bad, it's that they are the counterpoint to what most of us like around here (small box, infinite baffle, stealth installs, minimal trunk space used, etc).

Plus some of us are just cheap bast@rds!

'11 Accord Coupe with Premium Audio. Decent. System in planning stage...
"Plan for the best, EQ for the rest" - Zaph

ryan s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2010   #173
DIYMA 500 Club

Vibrandt, Inc.

Rep Power: 152 chithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan s View Post
This. If they cost as much as ohhhhh... the Kicker CVR subs, I'd have a room full of W7's in each size.

chithead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2010   #174
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 129 mmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan s View Post
Could play a part...

And it doesn't really matter what HT products are good since they're not installed in a car. The W7 is big, deep, heavy, and relatively expensive. You need a big-ish amp to run them. It's not that they're bad, it's that they are the counterpoint to what most of us like around here (small box, infinite baffle, stealth installs, minimal trunk space used, etc).

who says a w6 or w7 won't play IB???

I know of several of the BEST sounding Cars.. IASCA top 3 world finalists that run w6's IB.

I think the 1st problem is people on here using Garbage Midbass Speakers, as they play as much or more of an important role for upfront bass, then the sub itself..

The second is Tuning...

The most important is that people on here don't wanna spend more that 25 dollars for a pair of speakers.. Sorry But its the Truth.

These are not Home Theatre Reviews, these are stereo Reproduction Reviews on systems that any of us could only dream of..

2016 Civic Turbo Coupe
-Alpine, Arc Audio, Cardas, Hybrid Audio, JL Audio
And a closet full of $hit I'll never use.....
mmiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2010   #175
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 390 ryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiller View Post
who says a w6 or w7 won't play IB???

I know of several of the BEST sounding Cars.. IASCA top 3 world finalists that run w6's IB.

I think the 1st problem is people on here using Garbage Midbass Speakers, as they play as much or more of an important role for upfront bass, then the sub itself..

The second is Tuning...

The most important is that people on here don't wanna spend more that 25 dollars for a pair of speakers.. Sorry But its the Truth.

These are not Home Theatre Reviews, these are stereo Reproduction Reviews on systems that any of us could only dream of..
Don't believe I've ever seen a W6 or 7 in IB. With a smaller trunk or the install taking up most of it, I could see it. Problem is the effective cone area isn't that big due to the surround so you'd need 3 where a good pair of IB subs would suffice, for example.

What's a "good" midbass speaker to you? Quite a broad (and arrogant) generalization of an entire forum. And all my speakers were more than $25 a pair so you need to back up your statements a little more instead of speaking in generalities.

'11 Accord Coupe with Premium Audio. Decent. System in planning stage...
"Plan for the best, EQ for the rest" - Zaph

ryan s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement