LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 64 cobraa will become famous soon enoughcobraa will become famous soon enoughcobraa will become famous soon enoughcobraa will become famous soon enoughcobraa will become famous soon enoughcobraa will become famous soon enough

Default 80PRS Vs. p01 Vs. 9887

Hey guys,

My system consist of a active 2way + sub with a 9887. Nothing too fancy, but always enjoyed SQ. Been listening to my music through my Ipod for years now. barely listen to Radio or Cds ( maybe 1% of the time lol).

Also, I never payed with T/A. Only do a bit of EQ.

I can get my hand on an used deck P01 ( will have to deal with japanese text) most likely under 400$.

Last year, I realised i wasnt totally happy with my 9887. Although I felt it sound way better than my p780mp I had before, I still sometime feel the alpine is too clear. So, I thought maybe the Pioneer would be a bit more warmth.

With this introduction, would you think I would be gaining something by going back to a pioneer ??

If so, is it worth the trouble of the P01 ( 100-150$ more, dealing with used item + japanese text) or would the 80prs do just fine !?

Your input is much appreciated.
cobraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #2
Upgrade Your Membership!

jtaudioacc

12V Company:
JT Audio & Accessories
Position:
Owner/Installer/Janitor

Rep Power: 75 jtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: 80PRS Vs. p01 Vs. 9887

for $400, that's a no brainer. get it.

jtaudioacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #3

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 77 sbeezy will become famous soon enoughsbeezy will become famous soon enoughsbeezy will become famous soon enoughsbeezy will become famous soon enoughsbeezy will become famous soon enoughsbeezy will become famous soon enough

hell i will give you my 80prs and $200 for the p-01

sbeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 109 mikey7182 will become famous soon enoughmikey7182 will become famous soon enoughmikey7182 will become famous soon enoughmikey7182 will become famous soon enoughmikey7182 will become famous soon enoughmikey7182 will become famous soon enoughmikey7182 will become famous soon enoughmikey7182 will become famous soon enough

Are you sure this is the DEH-P01 (identical to the DEX-P99RS except with the 6 channel amplifier and Japanese text) that says Carrozzerria on the front, and not the DEX-P01 which was the older dead head that worked with the P9 combo? The DEX has no built-in processing, so just want to make sure. I saw a DEX-P01 on eBay recently for around $400, which is why I'm asking. If it's the DEH, scoop that shit up in a heartbeat for $400. You could easily turn around and sell it for twice that all day long. I've owned 3 of them and they are fantastic units. The Japanese text is manageable if you download the P99RS menu, and if you're using an iPod, all your artist/album/song info will display in English. BTW, where are you finding that deck for $400? Does someone not know what they have?!

2010 Passat 2.0T Komfort**Build coming soon!!**
mikey7182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #5

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 64 cobraa will become famous soon enoughcobraa will become famous soon enoughcobraa will become famous soon enoughcobraa will become famous soon enoughcobraa will become famous soon enoughcobraa will become famous soon enough

HAHA!! I get it. I went through the classified and realised most eck were selling at 700 at their lowest so basicly if I don't like it I might profit lol..

And yeah.. totally sure. it's the DEH-P01, unsure if it comes with amp or not but I alreayd have a trio of Arc KS anyways.
Thank you for your input on the japanese menu, this make me confident that I can deal with it.

long story short , in japan this stuff is Worth less used and someone own me a favor so this is why I can have such a deal.
cobraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 54 Schizm will become famous soon enoughSchizm will become famous soon enoughSchizm will become famous soon enoughSchizm will become famous soon enoughSchizm will become famous soon enoughSchizm will become famous soon enough

Hmm mm I may have to use Japan to stop off on the way to Vietnam in may! If I can find deals like that!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWC View Post
[he has the] personality of a syphalytic hedgehog trying to facef#ck its way into infected sinuses
Schizm is offline   Reply With Quote