LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2008   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 89 Lumadar will become famous soon enoughLumadar will become famous soon enoughLumadar will become famous soon enoughLumadar will become famous soon enoughLumadar will become famous soon enoughLumadar will become famous soon enough

Exclamation PLEASE Review Proposed WIRING Layout (Pic)

Hey guys...

Ok, I am in the middle of my install right now into a 2006 Ford Focus ZX3 Hatchback. So far I have the entire car coated in RAAMAT and ENSOLITE, and I am going to be running my wires and bolting down the H701 and Alpine HD Radio Tuner tomorrow so I can get my carpet back in the car.

The system consists of:
Alpine IVA-W200
Alpine PXA-H701
Alpine TUA-T500HD Radio Tuner
JL 450/4
JL 500/1
(1) Pair Dayton RS180 drivers
(1) Pair SEAS tweeters
(1) PAIR of DIYMA 12 inch subwoofers
(1) Ipod Nano

I am running the mids and tweets FULLY active up front in custom fiberglass pods built INTO the DOORS. I plan on starting the pods next weekend, but the panel is already cut and ready to go.

I am also going to build a fiberglass topped enclosure with the 2 12s firing up, and slightly back towards the hatch.

I removed the spare tire and I am going to put both JL amps inside there.

I plan on putting the H701 under the driver's seat, and the HD Tuner box under the passenger seat. I also decided to install them UNDER my carpet, any reason I shouldn't do that?

I am also making a flush-mounted custom holder for the IPOD on the center console under the arm for the e-brake.

All that said, I drew up a super ghetto "wiring diagram" and I wanted to double check and make sure I didn't forget anything. Does it all check out? Feel free to make suggestions as you see fit. I will be posting many pictures once I get into the fiberglass so there is something exciting to look at.

Lumadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008   #2

Banned

Rep Power: 0 bobditts will become famous soon enoughbobditts will become famous soon enoughbobditts will become famous soon enoughbobditts will become famous soon enoughbobditts will become famous soon enoughbobditts will become famous soon enough

Default Re: PLEASE Review Proposed WIRING Layout (Pic)

looks good except I dont see any power going to the h701 or hd tuner.
bobditts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008   #3

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 89 Lumadar will become famous soon enoughLumadar will become famous soon enoughLumadar will become famous soon enoughLumadar will become famous soon enoughLumadar will become famous soon enoughLumadar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobditts View Post
looks good except I dont see any power going to the h701 or hd tuner.
Ah, my bad, forgot to draw those in. I will bring that from the distribution block by the amps.
Old 01-05-2008   #4

Banned

Rep Power: 0 bobditts will become famous soon enoughbobditts will become famous soon enoughbobditts will become famous soon enoughbobditts will become famous soon enoughbobditts will become famous soon enoughbobditts will become famous soon enough

also it looks like you forgot to draw in how the hd tuner and 701 are getting signal. I assume the 701 is going to be optical? and why are the RCAs for the amps coming from the w200 and not the 701?
Old 01-05-2008   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Whiterabbit will become famous soon enoughWhiterabbit will become famous soon enoughWhiterabbit will become famous soon enoughWhiterabbit will become famous soon enoughWhiterabbit will become famous soon enoughWhiterabbit will become famous soon enough

I recommend you double the wiring you route through the vehicle. You never know if you want to run an extra speaker here, or change a ground there, or add another ACC line, relay power, etc.
Whiterabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008   #6

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
also it looks like you forgot to draw in how the hd tuner and 701 are getting signal. I assume the 701 is going to be optical? and why are the RCAs for the amps coming from the w200 and not the 701?
Does the AI net not carry the signal? That was one thing I wasn't sure about.

Also, I wasn't sure if I would run RCAs from the head unit, or the H701.

So are you saying I shouldn't need any RCas to the w200, and instead have it from the h701 to the amps directly?
Old 01-06-2008   #7

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post
I recommend you double the wiring you route through the vehicle. You never know if you want to run an extra speaker here, or change a ground there, or add another ACC line, relay power, etc.
and thanks for the tip
Old 01-06-2008   #8
Upgrade Your Membership!

... Squirrel!!!...

Rep Power: 453 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumadar View Post
Does the AI net not carry the signal? That was one thing I wasn't sure about.

Also, I wasn't sure if I would run RCAs from the head unit, or the H701.

So are you saying I shouldn't need any RCas to the w200, and instead have it from the h701 to the amps directly?
Yes, ai-net carries analog signal and it also is a remote turn-on for the h701 (so that you don't have to run an acc wire to it). The optical is for CD listening via digital. You can opt not to use optical if you want, and just stick with ai-net, I *think*. I've never not used optical but I'm sure you can get by without... though you should go ahead and use it.

RCAs from the h701. Makes installs a cinch. 1ft runs FTMFW!

The only wires you need from the w200 to the h701 are:
1. Optical for CD listening
2. Ai-net for analog and switch the h701 on (takes the place of remote turn-on wire)

Follow my blog:
http://medleysmusings.com/

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008   #9

DIYMA freshman

Thanks bikini.

I have an optical cable that I used to use for my Xbox360, but I sold the 360 so I'll just pull that out of my Denon AVR-3806 and throw it in my car

I'll be sure to post pics later
Old 01-06-2008   #10
Upgrade Your Membership!

... Squirrel!!!...

Rep Power: 453 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks bikini.
No problem. BTW, it's not "bikinI" its ... ahhh, it's no use. I give up.

Follow my blog:

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 01-06-2008   #11

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
No problem. BTW, it's not "bikinI" its ... ahhh, it's no use. I give up.
haha, the funny thing is I know where you're coming from because people call me "Lumdar, Lumder, Lamadar" etc all the time. So that was my bad, for some reason whenever I read it I said "bikini" in my head
Old 01-06-2008   #12
Upgrade Your Membership!

... Squirrel!!!...

Quote:
haha, the funny thing is I know where you're coming from because people call me "Lumdar, Lumder, Lamadar" etc all the time. So that was my bad, for some reason whenever I read it I said "bikini" in my head
it's no problem.

There's actually a study on how people finish words in their head before they actually finish reading it. It's pretty interesting. I figure the same happens with my s/n.

Follow my blog:

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 01-06-2008   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Whiterabbit will become famous soon enoughWhiterabbit will become famous soon enoughWhiterabbit will become famous soon enoughWhiterabbit will become famous soon enoughWhiterabbit will become famous soon enoughWhiterabbit will become famous soon enough

By the way I make drawings like this when I plan out a new install too. I start at the high level like this then start adding detail until every wire is accounted for, its start and termination, what signal it will carry, and what hardware is responsible for termination.

So not ghetto at all
Whiterabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008   #14

DIYMA freshman

OH snap, I also forgot to show the Ai-NET for the HD Radio.

Can I run the Ai Net from the HD tuner into the H701? I noticed you can put a CD changer into it, but I wasn't sure about the tuner.
Old 01-06-2008   #15

Banned

Quote:
OH snap, I also forgot to show the Ai-NET for the HD Radio.

Can I run the Ai Net from the HD tuner into the H701? I noticed you can put a CD changer into it, but I wasn't sure about the tuner.

I found this while using the search feature for you (I am bored this morning)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith100 View Post
Per Alpine.

Ainet out of 205 to HD tuner and then to 701. Works like a champ. To all those just running a 200 or 205......................get the 701. Unbeleivable difference in control and sound quality.

Shane
Also, dont forget you are going to have to run the HD antenna somewhere.
Old 01-06-2008   #16

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
I found this while using the search feature for you (I am bored this morning)

Also, dont forget you are going to have to run the HD antenna somewhere.
Hmm, that almost seems like the wrong order from the little picture in the manual.

As per the antenna, it looks like it uses the exact same plugs as the standard antenna, so I was under the impression you just hook it up to the stock/OEM antenna and that's how it works (Considering it doesn't come with a supplied antenna, just the cord). Am I wrong and in need of an external antenna?
Old 01-06-2008   #17

Banned

Quote:
Hmm, that almost seems like the wrong order from the little picture in the manual.

As per the antenna, it looks like it uses the exact same plugs as the standard antenna, so I was under the impression you just hook it up to the stock/OEM antenna and that's how it works (Considering it doesn't come with a supplied antenna, just the cord). Am I wrong and in need of an external antenna?
If that is what alpine said id go with that. As for the antenna, I think you are right. I was thinking satellite for some reason.
Old 01-06-2008   #18

DIYMA freshman

Thumbs up Re: PLEASE Review Proposed WIRING Layout (Pic)

Quote:
If that is what alpine said id go with that. As for the antenna, I think you are right. I was thinking satellite for some reason.
Cool, thanks again for taking the time to help out bobditts
Old 01-06-2008   #19

Banned

Quote:
Cool, thanks again for taking the time to help out bobditts
no problem. anytime!