Old 6 Days Ago   #101
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

12V Company:
ORCA Design
Position:
Dealer & Consumer Support

Rep Power: 100 cobb2819 will become famous soon enoughcobb2819 will become famous soon enoughcobb2819 will become famous soon enoughcobb2819 will become famous soon enoughcobb2819 will become famous soon enoughcobb2819 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Mosconi 8to12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomT View Post
Is something planned for a future software release? It seems like the signal sense should function with any type of input either analog or digital.
Likely no, because analog signal sense uses voltage to trigger the processor, just like a remote turn on. To do the same over optical, the processor would have to remain on to see the digital info come in, and this would be a draw on the electrical system.

Personal Car : 2000 Honda Civic EX Sedan (According to the Vin)
Equipment : Some Sources -> Some Processing -> Some Amps Feeding Some Speakers, Various Blackhole Products
cobb2819 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5 Days Ago   #102
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 151 TomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to TomT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobb2819 View Post
Likely no, because analog signal sense uses voltage to trigger the processor, just like a remote turn on. To do the same over optical, the processor would have to remain on to see the digital info come in, and this would be a draw on the electrical system.
Makes sense, thanks.

A suggestion, maybe include a 6 foot or longer USB cable? I'd venture to guess that most installs using a high end DSP will not have it mounted up front. I'm sure the cost to include it would be more than offset by goodwill and word of mouth happiness.

Philosophically I have come to the following conclusion: If I can hear a difference in quality between one setup and another, then that difference is real. If I can't hear a difference, but you can, then you are imagining it!
TomT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #103
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

12V Company:
ORCA Design
Position:

Rep Power: 100 cobb2819 will become famous soon enoughcobb2819 will become famous soon enoughcobb2819 will become famous soon enoughcobb2819 will become famous soon enoughcobb2819 will become famous soon enoughcobb2819 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Makes sense, thanks.

A suggestion, maybe include a 6 foot or longer USB cable? I'd venture to guess that most installs using a high end DSP will not have it mounted up front. I'm sure the cost to include it would be more than offset by goodwill and word of mouth happiness.
Bluetooth is more stable for tuning than long USB cables or extensions, just based off word of mouth happiness.

Equipment : Some Sources -> Some Processing -> Some Amps Feeding Some Speakers, Various Blackhole Products

Old 5 Days Ago   #104

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 84 Hammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enough

Yep Bluetooth for tuning is the way to go. I have had two Mosconi processors and have never used the USB. There's some word of mouth happiness

00 Dodge Ram Cummins Twin Turbo. IPad in the dash. Mosconi 6to8 Aerospace, Illusion Audio C8,C5, C12xl. Mosconi As200.4, As100.4.
Hammer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Hammer1 For This Useful Post:
TomT (5 Days Ago)
Old 5 Days Ago   #105
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 151 TomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to TomT

That's most likely in my future plan. I wish Mosconi would port the software to Mac and iOS. I can't imagine a better way to tune than over Bluetooth using my iPad Pro.

Philosophically I have come to the following conclusion: If I can hear a difference in quality between one setup and another, then that difference is real. If I can't hear a difference, but you can, then you are imagining it!
TomT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #106

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 84 Hammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
That's most likely in my future plan. I wish Mosconi would port the software to Mac and iOS. I can't imagine a better way to tune than over Bluetooth using my iPad Pro.
That would be sweet if they did. I have a iPad Pro in my dash as my HU.

00 Dodge Ram Cummins Twin Turbo. IPad in the dash. Mosconi 6to8 Aerospace, Illusion Audio C8,C5, C12xl. Mosconi As200.4, As100.4.
Hammer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #107
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

12V Company:
ORCA Design
Position:

Maybe one day, but MacOS/iOS app development is expensive, and really the US is the only country to have adopted Apple products as crazy as we have. Also keep in mind that the BT hardware would need to be redesigned for BT4.0 to be able to work with Apple products without expensive Apple certification. Lots of factors have gone into it not having been done yet, but we'll see what happens.

The Following User Says Thank You to cobb2819 For This Useful Post:
TomT (5 Days Ago)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement