DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

behringer DCX2496 Steps to install in a car?

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Arc 
#1 ·
Hey all can anyone give me a walk through as to how to use the behringer in a car?

cables, 12volt converison, and how to deal with noise issues if any?

I kind of want to see if it is worth the change , so I can plan out my wiring and all and what deck I can use to get the most out of it

#5 ·
That guy is Robert M, he frequents on Car Sound a lot, and occasionally ECA. Pretty smart guy. Also I believe envision something on this forum he makes a kick ass power supply from what people are saying.

#3 ·
Something like a Rane balance buddy will take care of any noise you get as well as provide a down conversion from balanced to unbalanced connections.

I decided not to use one in order to keep transformer's out of the signal path (although the Rane does use some very expensive and high quality transformers), and to keep the output voltage at ~13vrms.

This required purchasing a Navone isolated power supply, and building my own cables according to #2.

http://www.vandenhul.com/artpap/wiring2.htm

You will also need a 12v power supply for the unit, and maybe some L brackets to secure it to the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.