Next generation JL HD amplifiers - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5 Days Ago   #1
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:
Install Manager/ Goofball

Rep Power: 57 oabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enough

Default Next generation JL HD amplifiers

So a very reputable person told me the next generation HD amps are going to be coming out sometime next year IIRC

does anyone know anything about them and how they differ from the current model?

If this could be a all info welcome thread any info is good info
Would love to see what they look like

Cheers

im so in love with my speakers I found a song I sing to them

https://youtu.be/VgU6LXY-AjI
oabeieo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to oabeieo For This Useful Post:
MrGreen83 (5 Days Ago)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5 Days Ago   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 126 mmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Next generation JL HD amplifiers

If it were that close it would've been disclosed at CES. Something might be in devolepment, but I wouldn't expect to even hear about that for a long time.... I've heard grumbling of a W7V2 or the like for 4-5 years... I highly manvilee is going to let the cat out of the bag, if there's even a cat in it.....

2016 Civic Turbo Coupe
-Alpine, Arc Audio, Cardas, Hybrid Audio, JL Audio
And a closet full of $hit I'll never use.....
mmiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Days Ago   #3
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

Rep Power: 57 oabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiller View Post
If it were that close it would've been disclosed at CES. Something might be in devolepment, but I wouldn't expect to even hear about that for a long time.... I've heard grumbling of a W7V2 or the like for 4-5 years... I highly manvilee is going to let the cat out of the bag, if there's even a cat in it.....

Well .....we'll see I guess and from the looks of it nobody else as heard anything or can't say

Idk we'll see ..... I definitely would buy a new version

The Following User Says Thank You to oabeieo For This Useful Post:
MrGreen83 (4 Days Ago)

Old 4 Days Ago   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Scott

Rep Power: 174 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

Given the current age of the model, it's certainly reasonable to see a v2 in typical JL fashion. I'd bet also it's at the very least over a year possibly two out. JL takes their time and does it right the first time for the most part, IMO. I've been kinda curious when that might happen myself.

2008 Civic Si Sedan - DEX-P99RS, Helix DSP Pro-2, JL Audio XD1000/5v2 (2), Audiofrog GB10 & GB25, Stereo Integrity TM65, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Babs For This Useful Post:
MrGreen83 (4 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 29 MrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enough

I've been waiting on those (an upgrade on the HD's) and an upgrade on the W7. I'd say with the C7's coming next month, the recent RD amps & the XdV2's before that....JL definitely has been doing some work in the R&D department.

I can't help but wonder (with JL now joining the SQ game with the C7's)....if they will ever make a SQ Class AB lineup. Seems they pretty much have went all Class D with the exception of a couple. Like the Slash 300/4 and one other one I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrGreen83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Days Ago   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 72 DC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enough

The full range / amps are A/B. Why would they go backwards when the HDs and XDs do so well in the lanes.
DC/Hertz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Days Ago   #7
Upgrade Your Membership!

Food Pimp

Rep Power: 235 chefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreen83 View Post
I've been waiting on those (an upgrade on the HD's) and an upgrade on the W7. I'd say with the C7's coming next month, the recent RD amps & the XdV2's before that....JL definitely has been doing some work in the R&D department.

I can't help but wonder (with JL now joining the SQ game with the C7's)....if they will ever make a SQ Class AB lineup. Seems they pretty much have went all Class D with the exception of a couple. Like the Slash 300/4 and one other one I think.

The Slash amps have been around for a long time and are solid class A/B performers.
The C7 comps are not the first "SQ" drivers that JL has had, going back 15 years they have been developing high quality "SQ" drivers. The recent C5's and ZR components are fantastic products that have won MANY IASCA, MECA and USACi titles.

At the end of the day, it's just car audio man
chefhow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Days Ago   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 29 MrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC/Hertz View Post
The full range / amps are A/B. Why would they go backwards when the HDs and XDs do so well in the lanes.

Why make the C7's if all the other lines were selling? Why do anything different ever? Lol. Just a thought guy. Calmmmm down

Old 4 Days Ago   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefhow View Post
The Slash amps have been around for a long time and are solid class A/B performers.

The C7 comps are not the first "SQ" drivers that JL has had, going back 15 years they have been developing high quality "SQ" drivers. The recent C5's and ZR components are fantastic products that have won MANY IASCA, MECA and USACi titles.

I mentioned the Slash amps already...I said I wonder if they were ever gonna make any other AB amps besides the Slash (since they took the time to make the C7 products). Maybe an AB amp with more variation in Power numbers, etc.

Sort of like how Arc has a pure SQ (AB) lineup with the SE amps. Not sure why my thoughts turned into an argument

Old 4 Days Ago   #10
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

i think there engineers get board and just do cool things.

The entire JL lineup is fairly solid minus the JX amps a w0 woofers. But everyone needs a bottom line up.

The revamp on the xd with the Rd was great. The RD900/5 I honestly can't tell the difference between that and the HD in SQ. although the xd line was mostly under powered small amps they are small

Slash amps all around good but dammmm I've sent a LoT of them back for service !
So eeh not a big fav ....very popular still tho . We. Sell a bunch .

I am just so dam curious on what the v2 wil be.
Maybe some dsp like the IQ amps ,
Idk I not sure how a class D could get any better than what those amps already are

Old 4 Days Ago   #11
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

All my source within said was they are testing but are coming and to keep my eye out next year.

It's driving me crazy. I can't wait to see or learn more, they definitely know how to make us wait for the goodies. Ugh

Old 4 Days Ago   #12

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 120 DejaWiz will become famous soon enoughDejaWiz will become famous soon enoughDejaWiz will become famous soon enoughDejaWiz will become famous soon enoughDejaWiz will become famous soon enoughDejaWiz will become famous soon enough

If there is going to be a new HD lineup soon, then hopefully JL adds two critical things most of us would like to see in order to consider them a successful revision (especially at the price points the HDs command):

1. Higher quality for better longevity.
2. Full compliment of crossovers (LP/HP/BP) for the multi-channel offerings.

2011 Kia Optima EX Factory HU | Factory Speakers
Planning: Front Comps - Blaupunkt Vc660 | Sub - Infinity Kappa 800w Infinite Baffle | Amp - decisions, decisions...
DejaWiz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Days Ago   #13

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 103 SPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enough

As much as I love these amps both of mine had to be sent in for service so I do think they might need to work on reliability. When i called them for support on the hd1200/1 they told me the most likely reason mine failed was because I was not giving it enough power. Come on now. Anyway, I do hope they can come up with a 6 channel 6x150 in the same form factor.

Morel Supremo Piccolo/Dynaudio Esotar 650/Helix DSP Pro/JL Audio HD600.4/JL Audio HD1200.1/JL Audio 13w7
SPAZ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Days Ago   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 60 Elgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enough

Ha ok, well personally I would know what to ask more they’re already so good.
On reliability, had my first for less than a year so too early.
More dsp/filters? no need with everything we have outside, it will always be behind.
Maybe just some smaller mono?
Digit in?

Horny Froggy...
Elgrosso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Days Ago   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 261 pocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond reputepocket5s has a reputation beyond repute

I'd just assume a "real sq amp" not have any crossovers in it. or bass boost or eq of any kind. input and output

Team MSE/JL Audio
2014 INAC Amateur runner up
2014/2015 MECA Modex OK state champion

Online Time Alignment Calculator
pocket5s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pocket5s For This Useful Post:
Kevin K (3 Days Ago), onebadmonte (4 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 72 DC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enough

Mostly filters was my turn off. I did enjoy my slash v2s but they where Power HOGS. And they could fry eggs.
I'll never go back to A/B.
The new RD is impressive, they have more toys then the XDs. But I'd need to double them up for Power needs.

But geez can't they please make a strong wider band tweeter. I figured the C7 would be but nope.
Old 4 Days Ago   #17
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgrosso View Post
Ha ok, well personally I would know what to ask more they’re already so good.
On reliability, had my first for less than a year so too early.
More dsp/filters? no need with everything we have outside, it will always be behind.
Maybe just some smaller mono?
Digit in?
A digital in would be nice , especially in a Car . However I would want a dam good dac inside there as well ....

Old 4 Days Ago   #18
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC/Hertz View Post

But geez can't they please make a strong wider band tweeter. I figured the C7 would be but nope.

Sounds like you need a compression driver.

The DD compression tweeter you posted on the Hlcd forum is a remake from the old legacy tweeters.

I can think of at least 5 brands that use the same exact tweet
And I own a set (the legacy one)

It's extra loud and extra distorted

I'm pretty sure JL is geared more for better sound than just loud
And why they use mostly soft tweets

The c7 sounds fantastic
Heck the c5 and the c2s are good

I've always like JL components. They do the job decently
The zr is one hell of a midbass

They always seem to do things very good for the intermediate users
And all of there designs are very compatible with advanced users as well

I just don't care for there entry level junk ....but it's not just JL entry level junk it's all entry level junk ....it's just junk and shouldn't be produced

Like the MRV alpine amps ......frikkin junk man
The JL JX amps ....junk
Rockford prime amps ....junk
Kicker yellow label ......junk

Any of this entry level stuff is filled with distortion and just shouldn't even be in the marketplace. But that's just me .

Old 4 Days Ago   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

I'm not talking about output. I'm talking about tweeters that can mate with 6.5s.
A 28mm that can cross around 2000hz.
Old 3 Days Ago   #20
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

What if there trying to get away from paying the R.I.P.S royalty
And getting there own design

Maybe we should stock up on current models

Old 3 Days Ago   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 130 PPI_GUY will become famous soon enoughPPI_GUY will become famous soon enoughPPI_GUY will become famous soon enoughPPI_GUY will become famous soon enoughPPI_GUY will become famous soon enoughPPI_GUY will become famous soon enough

I have a friend who is a JL dealer and he sells a TON of their gear. He is not a fan of the HD's. In fact, he intentionally directs his customers toward the XD amps OVER the HD's. He's told me this several times.
One other thing, just in case any JL brass happen to lurk on this thread. You might want to push your reps to forward info about new gear to their stores. I went into a JL dealership and inquired about the new RD amps and they literally had no clue what I was talking about.

Absolutely State Of The Art!
PPI_GUY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Days Ago   #22
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

SPEAKER ADDICT

12V Company:
Stereo shop in denver
Position:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPI_GUY View Post
I have a friend who is a JL dealer and he sells a TON of their gear. He is not a fan of the HD's. In fact, he intentionally directs his customers toward the XD amps OVER the HD's. He's told me this several times.
One other thing, just in case any JL brass happen to lurk on this thread. You might want to push your reps to forward info about new gear to their stores. I went into a JL dealership and inquired about the new RD amps and they literally had no clue what I was talking about.

My rep is awesome !
He spends the entire day training my techs.
So maybe it depends

The HDs require a lot of Power and need that Ho alt and big Power runs

The XDs are more limited .

Old 3 Days Ago   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

I must say I prefer the sound of my xd400/4v2 over the sound of my hd600/4 and I have no idea why that would be. The XD just sounds way cleaner to me, and with less power

Old 3 Days Ago   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

If your rep has pull have him talk JL into making a better tweeter. Give me at least 2500hz at -24. I loved my old ZR800s but my OCD would need a matching mid as tweeter.
Old 3 Days Ago   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreen83 View Post
I must say I prefer the sound of my xd400/4v2 over the sound of my hd600/4 and I have no idea why that would be. The XD just sounds way cleaner to me, and with less power

You can probably chock that up to the regulated Power supply. It don't sound different but the output is different. Output can really effect what stuff sounds like. Not only the Speaker but the envirement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement