Help with Time Align and Alpine HU - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2017   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 34 Angelo will become famous soon enoughAngelo will become famous soon enoughAngelo will become famous soon enoughAngelo will become famous soon enoughAngelo will become famous soon enoughAngelo will become famous soon enough

Question Help with Time Align and Alpine HU

Hey guys so for the longest time I have been putting off the time alignment process in my system because I am aware how Alpine's methodology is and its not the easiest to understand for me.

I printed out the relevant pages of the manual, and re-read their instructions over and over but certain parts are vague.

I made a quick table to show the measurements I just got today measuring each speaker distance in my car. I will link it below and you can the see the distances in inches, I included the Sub, Mid range, and tweeters. I also included the values I got from tracerite.com/calc and included an example problem direct from the Alpine manual with the formula.

Can anyone help me get this straight or tell me what to dial into the HU. I already applied the value from trace rite but it sounds off to me (Right Side seems louder) and I have the option but left it at zero for now to align the Rears and sub. Any guidance?

Edit: The jpeg was quite blurry so I uploaded the full resolution PDF if it helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Time Align.jpg (41.9 KB, 14 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Time Align.pdf (35.0 KB, 3 views)

Alpine CDE-HD149BT / Arc XDi 850.5 Mids n Highs / Arc XDi 1100.1 / Hertz MPK 165.3 Pro / CT-Sounds 2 12'' Stratos
Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2017   #2

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 34 Angelo will become famous soon enoughAngelo will become famous soon enoughAngelo will become famous soon enoughAngelo will become famous soon enoughAngelo will become famous soon enoughAngelo will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Help with Time Align and Alpine HU

Anyone? Did I post this in the right section?

Alpine CDE-HD149BT / Arc XDi 850.5 Mids n Highs / Arc XDi 1100.1 / Hertz MPK 165.3 Pro / CT-Sounds 2 12'' Stratos
Old 04-21-2017   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 321 gijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond repute

TA is relative, so there will be a speaker (usually subs) that do not need and adjustments. Alpine is saying to use that speaker as the reference and adjust the other speakers around that one. At high frequencies, TA isn't particularly useful, so you still need to balance the amplitude between left and right. If the right side sounds louder, turn it down.

2005 Subaru Impreza RS:
Pioneer P99RS / Alpine PDX-V9 and PDX-F4 / Melodic Acoustic Euphoria 6.5 / Pioneer Stage 4 midrange / LPG / 2x AE SBP 15
gijoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017   #4

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
If the right side sounds louder, turn it down.

This can be down by adjusting the inches incrementally or via some other method?

Since my values are distance and not subtracted from furthest speaker do i want to trash all those then?

Old 04-21-2017   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 321 gijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
This can be down by adjusting the inches incrementally or via some other method?

Since my values are distance and not subtracted from furthest speaker do i want to trash all those then?
Lower the output of the right side (not the TA). Tell me about the rest of your setup. Are you running passive components, if so, which ones? Can you lower the tweeter on the crossover, or the head unit?

2005 Subaru Impreza RS:
Pioneer P99RS / Alpine PDX-V9 and PDX-F4 / Melodic Acoustic Euphoria 6.5 / Pioneer Stage 4 midrange / LPG / 2x AE SBP 15
gijoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017   #6

DIYMA freshman

The Hertz 165 Millie Pros, yeah its passive. T X-Overs have a -2 0 +2db selector. The thing is at one point I had it all sounding good as is. I didn't realize my settings weren't hard saved to the HU and I lost them when I had to replace my battery.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement