DSP users and everyone who runs drivers actively, what are your crossover points? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 7 Telly_Tilt will become famous soon enoughTelly_Tilt will become famous soon enoughTelly_Tilt will become famous soon enoughTelly_Tilt will become famous soon enoughTelly_Tilt will become famous soon enoughTelly_Tilt will become famous soon enough

Arrow DSP users and everyone who runs drivers actively, what are your crossover points?

I run my 3 ways and my sub thru a DSP I recently bought.

I always had a 2 way or 3 way set in the front but I always ran them thru passive crossovers.

I love the difference in sound quality running them actively!

I'm playing around with the frequencies but right now I'm starting off with my tweets high passed at 4Khz and up, my mids low pass at 4khz and high pass 400hz. My mid bass woofers low pass at 400hz and high pass at 70hz.

Sub Low pass at 70hz and high pass set at 25hz.

All slopes set at 24db per octave with Butterworth filter, for right now.

What do you guys have your system's speakers crossed at?

Last edited by Telly_Tilt; 6 Days Ago at 05:34 PM..
Telly_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #2
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 208 SkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to all

Default Re: DSP users and everyone who runs drivers actively, what are your crossover points?

What's working for someone else, might not be optimal or even ok for you. Its depends on drivers used, install, and other various aspects.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Daily driver finished. Project car under construction
SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #3

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 7 Telly_Tilt will become famous soon enoughTelly_Tilt will become famous soon enoughTelly_Tilt will become famous soon enoughTelly_Tilt will become famous soon enoughTelly_Tilt will become famous soon enoughTelly_Tilt will become famous soon enough

Default Re: DSP users and everyone who runs drivers actively, what are your crossover points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
What's working for someone else, might not be optimal or even ok for you. Its depends on drivers used, install, and other various aspects.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
oh, I'm fully aware of that.

I just thought I'd start a discussion and see the differences in tuning.

I've heard someone here not long ago say that he crossed his mid bass and subs at 40hz!

I just want to see some of the different settings people here use, but not as a reference for adjusting my system, by no means.

Old 1 Week Ago   #4
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 114 ARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enough

I would be interested in hearing the xo points from some of our members systems, if I can also be informed about their gear (via a system diagram or something similar). I realize tuning involves a lot more than xo's but it is a very interesting facet of the puzzle.

ARCuhTEK is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 93 claydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of light

I have rub my midbass crossed at 40hz in the past, but right now they're at 50........so tweets at 4k, mids 4k to 200, midbass 200 to 50, and subs 50 and down......all 24db at the moment......
claydo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #6

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by claydo View Post
I have rub my midbass crossed at 40hz in the past, but right now they're at 50........so tweets at 4k, mids 4k to 200, midbass 200 to 50, and subs 50 and down......all 24db at the moment......
wow, you like it low!

may i ask what do you have for your mid bass?
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 93 claydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of lightclaydo is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telly_Tilt View Post
wow, you like it low!

may i ask what do you have for your mid bass?
https://www.parts-express.com/peerle...ofer--264-1105

Those ib in the door.........in the doors they naturally roll off at about 36.....but the doors complain if I run them too low....lol.
Old 1 Week Ago   #8

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by claydo View Post
https://www.parts-express.com/peerle...ofer--264-1105

Those ib in the door.........in the doors they naturally roll off at about 36.....but the doors complain if I run them too low....lol.
wow!

with those 10s, I bet you have those doors super dampened, lol!!
Old 1 Week Ago   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telly_Tilt View Post
wow!

with those 10s, I bet you have those doors super dampened, lol!!

Yes sir.
Old 1 Week Ago   #10
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 40 brumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enough

Subs (20-80), Midbass (80-384), Mids (384-3,400), Tweets (3,400 and up)

The subs LPF and Midbass HPF are at BW 12db, everything else is LR 24db.

2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab
OEM Headunit-->Helix DSP Pro
Audison 5.1k--->Xtant Tweets, AF GB25, (4) ID8's
PG Ti2 1000.4-->GZNK 165SQ
(Proper Acoustic Rear Fill)

Last edited by brumledb; 1 Week Ago at 12:02 PM..
brumledb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #11

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 100 bassfreak85 is on a distinguished roadbassfreak85 is on a distinguished roadbassfreak85 is on a distinguished roadbassfreak85 is on a distinguished roadbassfreak85 is on a distinguished road

Midbass 80 to 3150. Tweeters 3150 up. Sub 20 to 80 36db octave. The rest uses LR4 24db octave slopes.

Kenwood x991.....cdt es6 mids.....cdt drt26S.....sundown100.4.....2 rd 1750s
subless (prototypes being built..)
bassfreak85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #12

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 100 bassfreak85 is on a distinguished roadbassfreak85 is on a distinguished roadbassfreak85 is on a distinguished roadbassfreak85 is on a distinguished roadbassfreak85 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brumledb View Post
Subs (20-80), Midbass (80-384), Mids (384-3,400), Tweets (3,400 and up)
I like that pg ti. Its looks good. How does it sound?

Old 1 Week Ago   #13
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 40 brumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfreak85 View Post
I like that pg ti. Its looks good. How does it sound?
Sounds fine to me. It is bridged to my midbass and they are only playing from 80-384hz.

2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab
Old 1 Week Ago   #14

DIYMA Novice

Quote:
Sounds fine to me. It is bridged to my midbass and they are only playing from 80-384hz.
Im in lafayette. Where you at? I'd like to hear it.

Old 1 Week Ago   #15
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfreak85 View Post
Im in lafayette. Where you at? I'd like to hear it.
About as far as possible, I am in Monroe. But we have friends down that way in Erath and I am sure we will get down there sometime this summer and I enjoy giving demos.

2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab
Old 1 Week Ago   #16

DIYMA Novice

Quote:
About as far as possible, I am in Monroe. But we have friends down that way in Erath and I am sure we will get down there sometime this summer and I enjoy giving demos.
Many back in a late 90s an early 2000s it was fun to go to shows. Now nobody I know here is into it. We all got jobs and lives.. lol. Im sure the young crowd is there. All my comp friends are long gone.

Old 1 Week Ago   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 47 Jscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enough

Two things. Your electrical xo isnt your acoustic. You will have different crossover points for every speaker

The best way to find an xo point is to do a full range sweep and see where the 2nd and 3rd harmonic distortions spike. cross before then

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Jscoyne2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jscoyne2 For This Useful Post:
ARCuhTEK (1 Week Ago), nineball76 (1 Week Ago), SkizeR (1 Week Ago), speakerman99 (1 Week Ago), Telly_Tilt (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 249 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Sub at 70, mids in doors 80-2000, tweets 2500 and up. All LR 24db slopes.

OEM U-Connect 8.4a, JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, JL XD800/8, Soundstream TN1200.1, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, ID15, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Seas Neo Aluminum...HASTE MAKES WASTE
Hillbilly SQ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 104 nineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscoyne2 View Post
Two things. Your electrical xo isnt your acoustic. You will have different crossover points for every speaker

The best way to find an xo point is to do a full range sweep and see where the 2nd and 3rd harmonic distortions spike. cross before then

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Glad you said this. I was just about to ask how everyone determines their xo frequency.

I guess that's what the alpine h800 is doing when it's first setup and is doing its sweeps on each individual speaker?

Sent from my LG-V20 using Tapatalk
nineball76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 47 Jscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineball76 View Post
Glad you said this. I was just about to ask how everyone determines their xo frequency.

I guess that's what the alpine h800 is doing when it's first setup and is doing its sweeps on each individual speaker?

This is for the scanspeak 10f 4in driver.

Take a look at that. Distortion is relative to output. The green fundamental line is your Frequency response. See how around 4-500hz. The volume starts to drop but the distortion raises. Thats how you'd know you to cross at 500hz on the lowest.

Also around 1.5khz, The distortion starts to raise but so does the actual spl level so its not a big concern.
Old 1 Week Ago   #21

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 CourierGuy will become famous soon enoughCourierGuy will become famous soon enoughCourierGuy will become famous soon enoughCourierGuy will become famous soon enoughCourierGuy will become famous soon enoughCourierGuy will become famous soon enough

Sub, cutoff at 80hz, 36db slope.
Mids, 63hz, 24db slope, to 5k, 18db slope.
Tweeters, 4k hz, 18db slope.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
CourierGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 6 Days Ago   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 104 nineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

This is for the scanspeak 10f 4in driver.

Take a look at that. Distortion is relative to output. The green fundamental line is your Frequency response. See how around 4-500hz. The volume starts to drop but the distortion raises. Thats how you'd know you to cross at 500hz on the lowest.

Also around 1.5khz, The distortion starts to raise but so does the actual spl level so its not a big concern.
So given this posted response (Arc Black 4.0) xo above 100? I had only planned to play them to around 3-350 and let the 6.0 take over below that.

Old 6 Days Ago   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineball76 View Post
So given this posted response (Arc Black 4.0) xo above 100? I had only planned to play them to around 3-350 and let the 6.0 take over below that.

Thats just your frequency response. Thats not your Distortion.

Old 6 Days Ago   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Thats just your frequency response. Thats not your Distortion.

I was thinking the bottom was distortion but I guess it's just imp.

Old 6 Days Ago   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

And yes it is. Looking back I see the fs is 58.9

Sponsored Links
Advertisement