Hey guys, I need a little advice.
I have an 06 Lincoln LS. My factory battery went dead, so I put in a Optima Yellow Top. (I had drained the factory battery dead before, so I knew it was just a matter of time).
I brought it in to the dealer, because I was seeing a 2.5 amp current draw
with the Car off. (Turns out, it is suppose to do this. After 20 mins the Car powers everything down fully. After that the car only has a .40 amp draw at rest). However, they found when my Head Unit and CD changer is hooked up, the total draw is .70 amps (and additional .30 amps).
I have a Kenwood Excelon DPX701 and the 10 disc changer in the trunk. Is
.30 amps an excessive amount of draw for those two components? The wiring looks fine, the radio and changer work fine, and I do not feel any warmth whatsoever from either unit....
Thanks for your help!