DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Bolts for ISO mounting Alpine

8K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  effenay 
#1 ·
I am about to install an Alpine IDA-X001 in a friend's Honda Accord and would like to use the ISO mounting option. I did not find any bolts for ISO mounting in the Alpine box and was wondering if anyone could tell me what size of bolts I need to use. Also, would these be available at Home Depot or Lowes in the specialty hardware or do I need to go beg some off of a car audio shop?

Thanks,

Mike.

#3 ·
Honda ISO mounts are thicker, therefore many of the aftermarket screws don't fit well. I often use the Pioneer screws that are not tapered. They work the best.

Go to your local BB or CC, and ask the installers for some extra, they should have a whole bunch.

#4 ·
I have an alpine mount question as well.

What are the clips that hold the head unit to the mounting cage called. I bought a head unit with out the cage, and ordered one from pac parts. I was unsure if it would include the clips, so I waited. When the cage arrived, it does not lock onto the head unit. it also included no additional hardware.

It probably isn't important, and I might be able to iso mount the unit( haven't looked yet ), but I would just like to have the parts handy later on.

Thanks
Andy

#5 ·
I guess I should have clarified that this is a 2004 Accord and that I am installing this using the Metra kit that replaces the factory climate controls. The original radio is in one big integrated blob with the climate controls, so I don't think it is going to have any ISO bolts when I pull it out. I'll try BB tonight and see if I can get some bolts from them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.