LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2008   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 85 armed will become famous soon enougharmed will become famous soon enougharmed will become famous soon enougharmed will become famous soon enougharmed will become famous soon enougharmed will become famous soon enough

Default how long does it take? install

i dont know what im going to get myself into..
just wondering how long did it take you guys to do the
deadening part and the wiring part of your installs..

i got a CRV and im about to take everything apart..
for raamat and ensolite..plus wirings..

im doing 1 layer of rammat with ensolite..
2 doors outer skin and inside..with ensolite
the whole flooor with rammat and ensolite

wirings

1 run of Power cable 3 runs of RCAs and Speaker wires
all techflexed/shrink wrapped and ziptied to the ensolite..(using the sticky stuff)

with all the tools and extra hand for help..(and maybe sober)
how long do you guys think it would take?
armed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 140 Thumper26 will become famous soon enoughThumper26 will become famous soon enoughThumper26 will become famous soon enoughThumper26 will become famous soon enoughThumper26 will become famous soon enoughThumper26 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: how long does it take? install

techflex all your wires ahead of time. it'll take you a couple hours.

to deaden and zip tie anchor all the wires with one other person to help you will take a good day, day and a half. it took me and one other person 13 hours to tear the Car down, deaden, and put the Car together. it took us about the same amount of time to tear the car down, run and anchor wires, and put it back together. so, if you can do everything at the same time, you'll save time on reassembly. also, the more people the better. three or four people would really help get things done faster.

2013 MECA Stock World Champion

2013 MECA Stock TN State Champion
Thumper26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 159 Mooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond repute

It took 4 of us 3 full days to do one Mazdaspeed 3 this weekend and it was not our first time. We used Spectrum over everything, but already had most of the wiring done, so I would still expect it to take you 3-4 days with just 2 people.

Pioneer 880PRS, Tru SSLD6, Morel Supremo Piccolo, Hertz ML 1600, Morel 12" Ultimo, Tru Copper C7.4, Clarion DPX11551
Mooble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #4

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 85 armed will become famous soon enougharmed will become famous soon enougharmed will become famous soon enougharmed will become famous soon enougharmed will become famous soon enougharmed will become famous soon enough

damn...i thought a full saturday would be enough...maybe half of monday..
i guess i cant drink then while working...lol
Old 08-03-2008   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 119 fredridge will become famous soon enoughfredridge will become famous soon enoughfredridge will become famous soon enoughfredridge will become famous soon enoughfredridge will become famous soon enoughfredridge will become famous soon enough

My Scion XB - 3 1/2 - 3 people to take Car apart, deaden floor and front doors with raammat and ensolite - probably one of the easiest cars around.

I started my Ridgeline myself and then decided it was too much to take completely apart, so just did doors....about 3 hours just to do a little mat on the doors
fredridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #6

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredridge View Post
My Scion XB - 3 1/2 - 3 people to take Car apart, deaden floor and front doors with raammat and ensolite - probably one of the easiest cars around.

I started my Ridgeline myself and then decided it was too much to take completely apart, so just did doors....about 3 hours just to do a little mat on the doors
maybe you could help me out hehehhe
Old 08-03-2008   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 159 Mooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond repute

If you've taken your Car apart before, things will go much faster. I have taken up the carpet in my Car now at least 4 times. Things go so much faster when you know what clips are where and how to pull trim panels. If this is your first time, be prepared for a long install. It took me about 6 hours just to run new Speaker Wire into my front doors. It sounds like you're doing the works. At least be prepared for your car to be out of commission for 3-4 full days.

Pioneer 880PRS, Tru SSLD6, Morel Supremo Piccolo, Hertz ML 1600, Morel 12" Ultimo, Tru Copper C7.4, Clarion DPX11551
Mooble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #8

DIYMA freshman

im scared now
Old 08-04-2008   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 140 Thumper26 will become famous soon enoughThumper26 will become famous soon enoughThumper26 will become famous soon enoughThumper26 will become famous soon enoughThumper26 will become famous soon enoughThumper26 will become famous soon enough

i forgot about the doors on my car. they were prolly a solid 2-3 hours per door, not counting time to actually fab the baffles.

knowing how everything comes apart is a must. i did a lot of digging to find out how to get my panels off ahead of time.

don't be afraid, just be patient and triple check that you have every tool you can imagine that you'd possibly need and just go for it.

Old 08-04-2008   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

CRIPPLED HILLBILLY

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 193 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

if you don't get ocd on the install...making stuff pretty that no one will ever see and similar types of extra steps a full day should be plenty. and if alky is involved post pics of bloody fingers

11 Ram Quadcab HEMI...Stock Headunit...(2)Mini dsp 2x4...Mosconi One 120.4...Alpine pdx5...Scanspeak Discovery 2" and 7"...Ground Zero Uranium SQ8 ported
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #11

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 121 mojako will become famous soon enoughmojako will become famous soon enoughmojako will become famous soon enoughmojako will become famous soon enoughmojako will become famous soon enoughmojako will become famous soon enough

Send a message via ICQ to mojako Send a message via Yahoo to mojako

show us some pics June!!!

DRZ9255 | RT27F/DLS A1 | W18NX/Genesis DM | IDQ10/DLS A2
mojako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 102 Bluto Blutarsky will become famous soon enoughBluto Blutarsky will become famous soon enoughBluto Blutarsky will become famous soon enoughBluto Blutarsky will become famous soon enoughBluto Blutarsky will become famous soon enoughBluto Blutarsky will become famous soon enough

I tackle projects like this in stages. Don't try to do the whole install in a weekend cause your work will get sloppy trying to hurry.
Bluto Blutarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #13

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 82 aztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enough

On Saturday, it took me 3 hours just to do the inside skin on one of my doors. It was the first time I took the panel off and I marked everything. I hate broken clips so I bought a tool and really took my time though. Why go through the trouble for a broken clip and more rattles, right?

RAAMmat is easy to work with but still took some getting used to for me. After awhile it went faster as I was able to lay larger pieces at once. I'd venture to say the floor will be easier once you get the interior out. Working through Speaker holes sucks. I only have like 4 cuts!
aztec1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #14
Upgrade Your Membership!

... Squirrel!!!...

Rep Power: 456 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

I spent all day Saturday making new rings and mounting my speakers/rings to the doors. An entire day.

I spent 3 days myself laying deadener, and luxury liner pro in the cabin and running Wire to the trunk.

Myself and 2 others (Thumper is one) spent a solid 36hours working on my doors, deadening my trunk, and running wires.

It can literally take me a day just to get a template cut out just how I like it, then carpet it for my false floor.

Iím terribly slow at installing. I have serious ADD or something because Iím always going to the next thing before I finish the first.

Now you see why so many of us are always working on our setups.

Follow my blog:
http://medleysmusings.com/

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #15

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 82 aztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto Blutarsky View Post
I tackle projects like this in stages. Don't try to do the whole install in a weekend cause your work will get sloppy trying to hurry.
Exactly! My plan is one door per weekend. Then, call in sick one Monday so I can do the floor
aztec1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Rep Power: 144 captainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by armed View Post
damn...i thought a full saturday would be enough...maybe half of monday..
i guess i cant drink then while working...lol
I highly recommend drinking while working. It will make it less uncomfortable, for sure.

It took me about 2 full days of work to tear out the entire interior, install deadener and foam, lay in the techflexed cabling and reassemble the vehicle. The doors were done seperately. and they will take a full day to do all four.

Beer is your friend

captainobvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Rep Power: 144 captainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
I spent all day Saturday making new rings and mounting my speakers/rings to the doors. An entire day.

I spent 3 days myself laying deadener, and luxury liner pro in the cabin and running Wire to the trunk.

Myself and 2 others (Thumper is one) spent a solid 36hours working on my doors, deadening my trunk, and running wires.

It can literally take me a day just to get a template cut out just how I like it, then carpet it for my false floor.

I’m terribly slow at installing. I have serious ADD or something because I’m always going to the next thing before I finish the first.

Now you see why so many of us are always working on our setups.

I have that problem too bud.

captainobvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 493 Ziggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond repute

My first time doing so, it took me 12+ hours on my front doors (for the inner/outer layer of deadening)... I rode without door panels on for a while... I would work on them for about 4-5 hours at a time.

I would'nt let this scare you -just want to give you a realistic expectation.
Oh -and I'm still not done with them yet -just "over the hump"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
My phone makes and receives calls, and can tell me the news while I'm dropping a deuce... it works just fine for me.
'01 Silverado 2500HD ~HU: DXZ785usb ~amp:eD nine.5 ~mids:ID OEM 6.5 ~twtrs: Morel MDT29 ~Sub: Boston G5 12 (center console by "unpredictableacts")

Last edited by Ziggy; 08-04-2008 at 11:28 AM..
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 119 fredridge will become famous soon enoughfredridge will become famous soon enoughfredridge will become famous soon enoughfredridge will become famous soon enoughfredridge will become famous soon enoughfredridge will become famous soon enough

if you are not already there you should join a CRV forum.... I bet there will be a ton of info on taking the Car apart.

I also used installation instructions from manufacturers to help me know what to take apart and how..... Honda has some pretty good papers on that.
fredridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 89 benny z will become famous soon enoughbenny z will become famous soon enoughbenny z will become famous soon enoughbenny z will become famous soon enoughbenny z will become famous soon enoughbenny z will become famous soon enough

months.

benny z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

OP

Rep Power: 112 goodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enough

It all depends on what you are trying to do. It gets tough, even for guys who have done it before, to not rush things after a while...working in stages can suck but can also give you better results in the end. The downside is you have to pick everything up and then break it all out again if you are working in an area that you use for other stuff....take your time, it's worth it. The best equipment in the world, installed in a crap ass manner isn't going to put a smile on anyones face.

Boo, I got a back up plan to the back up plan
To back up my back up plan.
goodstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #22

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 83 Duce2k will become famous soon enoughDuce2k will become famous soon enoughDuce2k will become famous soon enoughDuce2k will become famous soon enoughDuce2k will become famous soon enoughDuce2k will become famous soon enough

I'm doing my Car one piece at at time, I did the trunk first, that took a whole Sunday, then I did one door at a time, took me less than a day for each, but I don't have a whole day sometimes to do this stuff, this was just deadening only, and I'm doing this all by myself, I have techflexed 30 ft of Speaker Wire ahead of time and I'll just cut and heatshrink it as I need, so I have to go open up my doors again too. I have made my HDPE rings ahead of time too, I made my measurements when I was deadening the doors. I had already run my Power and ground from a previous sub only installation so that's out of the way. As for deadening, I only have my floor left to do, hopefully I can get that done when I install my components and amp for my front stage. this stuff is time consuming.
Duce2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

i broke mine up into cabin floor, trunk, rear deck, and doors. that way you can focus on one piece, get it done, and get the Car back together in relatively little time.

Old 08-04-2008   #24

DIYMA freshman

damn...i know how to take the panels off already..the door panels...
i guess ill find out this weekend..
imma start with the 2 doors first i guess....then the trunk part....
and have my wires, techflexed already...

mojako, ill take pictures..

thanks for all the inputs...
i will take pics and make a thread...

i see that the average is at least 4-5 days...full day..
with a hand...

did you guys have to cut like a template first? for the doors..

then lay it down to the raamat? and cut it??

or piece by piece? 10x10 or whatever works?

what do i need for the raamat? cleaning stuff because i know its gonna be nasty..
my Car is white too...

maybe a gallon of acetone? or what?
i heard that i dont need a roller anymore with the raamat...

and where could i get those sticky little square thingy stuffy, where you
zip tie the cables?

and i guess i have to have it zip tied every 7-8"?
mmm...

i got a lot of work comin i guess...
Old 08-04-2008   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 493 Ziggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy has a reputation beyond repute

Get a microfiber rag and keep little moist with acetone for a wipedown... doesn't take much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
My phone makes and receives calls, and can tell me the news while I'm dropping a deuce... it works just fine for me.
'01 Silverado 2500HD ~HU: DXZ785usb ~amp:eD nine.5 ~mids:ID OEM 6.5 ~twtrs: Morel MDT29 ~Sub: Boston G5 12 (center console by "unpredictableacts")
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote