LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011   #76
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 118 Mic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enough

Default re: Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim walter View Post
Hi Guys,

A few quick corrections on things.

Fully Manual Tuning built-in ... a la F#1 Status and H701
Dual Optical Input + Ai-Net Input + Ai-Net Aux
Ai-Net Connection to INA-W910 - Preset, Sub Level and Balance/Fader

Tuning is done via the new RUX or the PC Software

6CH Input (RCA or SPK Input - Up to 10V Input) / 8CH Fully Active Output (4V Output)
- In fact, our CES Demo Car is running an 8CH Active 4-way setup w 2x1" TW, 2x5" Mid, 2x8" Front Sub, 4x12" Rear Subs)

Improvements over the H700:
Huge Signal-to-Noise Improvement - 110 Digital / 105 Analog
Increased Channel Separation - 90dB
Significantly More Powerful Manual Tuning
(+/-12dB for all bands vs. 9dB)
10 Band Parametric for Front Rear and Center (vs 5)
5 Band Parametric for Sub (vs 2)
Includes ability for 36dB XO Slopes
-24dB to 0 Level Control (vs -10dB)

Yes, it has ImprintEQ built in, however this is a totally new tuning process compared to the previous Imprint It is significantly more detail in its resolution/measurements, especially in the mid and LF range. This allows us to tune that area with a lot more detail and accuracy. On top of that, you guys will be able to choose from 3 Alpine defined target curves, as well as set your own target curves (drag and drop in the PC software) to auto-tune to your tastes. You'll be able to tune to your taste, either by full manual tuning, auto-correction or auto-correction + your own manual turning.

It is designed to work in both OEM and ultra-high end AFT system, with the ability to manually or automatically to satisfy pretty much any tweakophile.

More to come later ...

Jim (from Vegas)
thanks for clarification. biggest question--can you use a non-alpine head unit with it without ridiculous floor noise? or without having to use the controller for volume?

2010 MECA Extreme World champion,
2005 IASCA World Champion Pro 600+
2010 MECA Mike Baylor Sportsmanship Award
2011 MECA SQL Spirit Award
2012 MECA SQL Judge of The Year
2012 IASCA FINALS SQ/INSTALL Judge
2012 USACi Japan Finals Judge
2013 IASCA FINALS IQC Install Judge
Mic10is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #77

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
Alpine Electronics
Position:
Sound System Engineering

Rep Power: 60 jim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic10is View Post
thanks for clarification. biggest question--can you use a non-alpine head unit with it without ridiculous floor noise? or without having to use the controller for volume?
You're welcome!

HU - Yes, the Analog Input side is significantly improved vs the H700.

Volume - No, the volume is controlled either via Ai-Net of via the RUX
jim walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #78
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 118 Mic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enoughMic10is will become famous soon enough

Quote:
You're welcome!

Volume - No, the volume is controlled either via Ai-Net of via the RUX

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrr

thanks for the info tho.

Is volume controlled just like on the H-700? Where you set the Head unit volume and then use the RUX to control it? but really you can just turn up the volume on the RUX and use the head unit volume anyways?

2010 MECA Extreme World champion,
2005 IASCA World Champion Pro 600+
2010 MECA Mike Baylor Sportsmanship Award
2011 MECA SQL Spirit Award
2012 MECA SQL Judge of The Year
2012 IASCA FINALS SQ/INSTALL Judge
2012 USACi Japan Finals Judge
2013 IASCA FINALS IQC Install Judge
Mic10is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #79
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 118 evo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hi Guys,

6CH Input (RCA or SPK Input - Up to 10V Input) / 8CH Fully Active Output (4V Output)
- In fact, our CES Demo Car is running an 8CH Active 4-way setup w 2x1" TW, 2x5" Mid, 2x8" Front Sub, 4x12" Rear Subs)

Improvements over the H700:
Huge Signal-to-Noise Improvement - 110 Digital / 105 Analog
Increased Channel Separation - 90dB
Significantly More Powerful Manual Tuning
(+/-12dB for all bands vs. 9dB)

Yes, it has ImprintEQ built in, however this is a totally new tuning process compared to the previous Imprint It is significantly more detail in its resolution/measurements, especially in the mid and LF range. This allows us to tune that area with a lot more detail and accuracy. On top of that, you guys will be able to choose from 3 Alpine defined target curves, as well as set your own target curves (drag and drop in the PC software) to auto-tune to your tastes. You'll be able to tune to your taste, either by full manual tuning, auto-correction or auto-correction + your own manual turning.

It is designed to work in both OEM and ultra-high end AFT system, with the ability to manually or automatically to satisfy pretty much any tweakophile.

More to come later ...

Jim (from Vegas)

So, if I want to run a 5.1 system. I will still have to use the bitone to run a 3 way front active.

Rocking the ELS system in my Tech Package Acura
evo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #80

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
Alpine Electronics
Position:
Sound System Engineering

Rep Power: 60 jim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo9 View Post
So, if I want to run a 5.1 system. I will still have to use the bitone to run a 3 way front active.

I don't see how you're doing that right now with 3-way front active, plus the need for Center, RL, RR and Sub ... by my count thats 6+3+.1 ... there's 8CH of output on the BitOne, no?
Old 01-06-2011   #81
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 118 evo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I don't see how you're doing that right now with 3-way front active, plus the need for Center, RL, RR and Sub ... by my count thats 6+3+.1 ... there's 8CH of output on the BitOne, no?

Full range front from PXA-H800 into bitone. Thats what I was doing with the IVA-W505 & PXA-H701.

Old 01-06-2011   #82

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
Alpine Electronics
Position:
Sound System Engineering

Or you can use two H800s in that manner. Better Channel Separation, especially for that critical front stage.
Old 01-06-2011   #83
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Or you can use two H800s in that manner. Better Channel Separation, especially for that critical front stage.

Are you saying they are strappable like the last genration PXI-H990 F#1 processor?? If that is the case, I would say we have a winner here!!

Last edited by evo9; 01-07-2011 at 12:05 AM..
Old 01-07-2011   #84
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 198 chefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond repute

And an arrival date of?

At the end of the day, it's just car audio man
chefhow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011   #85
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 95 Mirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enough

A couple questions...

#1 Will the H800 accept an optical input from other Alpine head units like the W505, W200 etc..?

#2 If it will accept the optical in from older HU's I assume that the C801 controller can be used for all functions but will those older HU's be able to control it via ainet and their UI or is the W910 the only HU capable of that?

Last edited by Mirage_Man; 01-07-2011 at 06:44 AM..
Mirage_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011   #86
Upgrade Your Membership!

... Squirrel!!!...

Rep Power: 449 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Quote:
Jim, thanks for dropping in.
I have a couple questions as well:
  1. Will the 800 also have graphic eq? If so, can it be used in conjunction with the parametric or will you have to choose one like the 701?
  2. Are the crossover points 1/3 octave or something else? You mentioned pc setup...do we have the luxury to manually type in desired crossover points?
  3. With the parametric, what is the bandwidth (q) adjustable from?

Follow my blog:
http://medleysmusings.com/

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011   #87

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 50 ekrunch will become famous soon enoughekrunch will become famous soon enoughekrunch will become famous soon enoughekrunch will become famous soon enoughekrunch will become famous soon enoughekrunch will become famous soon enough

Man I'm stoked! I love my IXA-W407/DHA-S690 and PXA-H701/RUX-C701 setup, but I'll be REALLY happy to have a cleaner processor and still keep my up front controller.

Please tell me it has a spectrum analyzer like the C701 does! I mean come on, the Alpine "dancing EQ" is a classic and I would hope they'd continue that tradition.

Alpine INA-W910/PXA-H800/RUX-C800, JL HD1200 & HD600, Hertz HSK-165XL, Hertz HX300
MechMan Alternator, Racingline Grounding Kit, JL Wiring
My 2009 Nissan Maxima Build - Click Here
ekrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011   #88
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 198 chefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekrunch View Post
Man I'm stoked! I love my IXA-W407/DHA-S690 and PXA-H701/RUX-C701 setup, but I'll be REALLY happy to have a cleaner processor and still keep my up front controller.

Please tell me it has a spectrum analyzer like the C701 does! I mean come on, the Alpine "dancing EQ" is a classic and I would hope they'd continue that tradition.
Does the W407 have an optical out?

At the end of the day, it's just car audio man
chefhow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011   #89
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 91 BurntCircuits will become famous soon enoughBurntCircuits will become famous soon enoughBurntCircuits will become famous soon enoughBurntCircuits will become famous soon enoughBurntCircuits will become famous soon enoughBurntCircuits will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the update Jim!

Is the Ai-Net compatable with older Alpine units (W505) & is the PC connection USB or serial?
BurntCircuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011   #90

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 105 pyropoptrt will become famous soon enoughpyropoptrt will become famous soon enoughpyropoptrt will become famous soon enoughpyropoptrt will become famous soon enoughpyropoptrt will become famous soon enoughpyropoptrt will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to pyropoptrt Send a message via Yahoo to pyropoptrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
Jim, thanks for dropping in.
I have a couple questions as well:
  1. Will the 800 also have graphic eq? If so, can it be used in conjunction with the parametric or will you have to choose one like the 701?
  2. Are the crossover points 1/3 octave or something else? You mentioned pc setup...do we have the luxury to manually type in desired crossover points?
  3. With the parametric, what is the bandwidth (q) adjustable from?
I would like to know this information as well

Devil plays the fiddle?!?! Devil kinda ghey!!!
Team Audionutz | Team Arc Audio
pyropoptrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011   #91

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 47 jacampb2 will become famous soon enoughjacampb2 will become famous soon enoughjacampb2 will become famous soon enoughjacampb2 will become famous soon enoughjacampb2 will become famous soon enoughjacampb2 will become famous soon enough

Ok, this is the first Alpine product that has piqued my interest in a long time. I also have a few questions--

1)It is still DTS/DD capable, correct? From the logo's on it, it appears so, but I don't see it actually confirmed yet.

2)Optical input, is it still S/Pdif via Toslink, or is it proprietary?

3)Can the PC software do anything but tuning? I.e., can the pc software be used for direct control, or can a plugin be written that allows control via the PC interface. To clarify, I am thinking of we carputer folks who have a permanent PC residing in the install and want to minimize the the amount of controllers and other hardware crammed in our dash.

I for one have my carputer almost completed and was planning on using an older processor for audio duties. I might be swayed toward an Alpine solution if the above are possible/planned. I have been toying with the idea of a H700 and the RS232/AiNet interface that has been developed over at Mp3Car-- current technology and a manufacture supported product would be awesome though.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Campbell
Phoenix Gold Fanatic
Sound Stream Tarantula Whore
jacampb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011   #92
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 72 Salad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacampb2 View Post
To clarify, I am thinking of we carputer folks who have a permanent PC residing in the install and want to minimize the the amount of controllers and other hardware crammed in our dash.

I for one have my carputer almost completed and was planning on using an older processor for audio duties.
Why not use a Bit One?
Salad Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011   #93

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 47 jacampb2 will become famous soon enoughjacampb2 will become famous soon enoughjacampb2 will become famous soon enoughjacampb2 will become famous soon enoughjacampb2 will become famous soon enoughjacampb2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad Fingers View Post
Why not use a Bit One?
No DD/DTS, just simulated surround from what I understand. On the rare occasion we watch a movie in the car, I want the availability of DD or DTS.

Jason Campbell
Phoenix Gold Fanatic
Sound Stream Tarantula Whore
jacampb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011   #94
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 124 BigRed is a jewel in the roughBigRed is a jewel in the roughBigRed is a jewel in the roughBigRed is a jewel in the roughBigRed is a jewel in the roughBigRed is a jewel in the roughBigRed is a jewel in the roughBigRed is a jewel in the roughBigRed is a jewel in the roughBigRed is a jewel in the roughBigRed is a jewel in the rough

from what I understand from speaking to Jim yesterday, here are the differences

imprint ability with target curves adjustable
better s/n
must use the rux controller for full functionality regardless of deck
2 optical inputs
eq and peq cannot be used simultaneously just like the 701

Team Zapco
"once you go floor, you'll never go door"
"I can easily make the most expensive car stereo system sound like junk in less than 30 seconds"
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011   #95

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 83 tusk will become famous soon enoughtusk will become famous soon enoughtusk will become famous soon enoughtusk will become famous soon enoughtusk will become famous soon enoughtusk will become famous soon enough

Subscribed for updates... gonna have to start pinching pennies now...

:. 2006 GTO .:. 1 of 292 .:
:. Alpine - IVA W505 / TUA T550HD / NVE-P1 w/ P102 / PXA-H701
:. MB Quart .:. QSD Signature 216 / QAA 4250 / PWE 254s / QAA 1000 .:
tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011   #96
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 95 Mirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enough

Spoke with a tech at Alpine this AM. As already posted, to control the unit the C800 will have to be employed. As to whether or not it has standard optical digital connections was unknown.
Mirage_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011   #97

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 50 ekrunch will become famous soon enoughekrunch will become famous soon enoughekrunch will become famous soon enoughekrunch will become famous soon enoughekrunch will become famous soon enoughekrunch will become famous soon enough

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's 3,000 words about the new processor. Straight off of the wall at CES.

And to the poster who asked, no, the IXA-W407 does not have a digital output.

Alpine INA-W910/PXA-H800/RUX-C800, JL HD1200 & HD600, Hertz HSK-165XL, Hertz HX300
MechMan Alternator, Racingline Grounding Kit, JL Wiring
My 2009 Nissan Maxima Build - Click Here
ekrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011   #98
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 82 ReloadedSS will become famous soon enoughReloadedSS will become famous soon enoughReloadedSS will become famous soon enoughReloadedSS will become famous soon enoughReloadedSS will become famous soon enoughReloadedSS will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the pics. Looks like Alpine went with Wolfson DACs instead of Burr-Brown on this one.
ReloadedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011   #99
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 136 kyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the rough

Why? BB are not the best, it maybe, but depending on the cost, cirucit design....
No doubt that Alpine F#1, Pioneer ODR uses BB's DAC, but recent DSP/Hu start using other brands like Bit1 using Wolfson's Codec.
Maybe Alpine latest using WM8740 or 8741?
The built in DSP are more important, because data go thru it first before reaches DACs... Using Sharc would be great.....

kyheng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011   #100
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 241 subwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic10is View Post
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrr

thanks for the info tho.

Is volume controlled just like on the H-700? Where you set the Head unit volume and then use the RUX to control it? but really you can just turn up the volume on the RUX and use the head unit volume anyways?
lol, and you were the one telling us that there wouldn't be any replacement for the H701 since Japan doesn't have anything... pfff...
Just kidding... subscribed

Kelvin

Lycan
Quote:
I'll repeat it for the miliionth time : All amps do NOT sound the same ... It's astonishing to me that nobody understands this
Who knows, some might understand now
and here's another one and another
subwoofery is offline   Reply With Quote