LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011   #1076
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
TokoSpeaker.com
Position:
CEO

Rep Power: 54 TokoSpeaker will become famous soon enoughTokoSpeaker will become famous soon enoughTokoSpeaker will become famous soon enoughTokoSpeaker will become famous soon enoughTokoSpeaker will become famous soon enoughTokoSpeaker will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to TokoSpeaker

Default Re: Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread

Dear Friends,

For this processor Alpine H800, as a seller responsibility, we are willing to buy this unit back from Mr. Erin.

For the noise problem, actually there are a solving problem software that we can download it free from Alpine Germany.

alpine-extranet.de • Thema anzeigen - Bass noise problems with PXA-H800
Here the software update for the PXA-H800 which the bass noise problems on the PXA-H800 can dissolve. Simply restart the PC software and connect the PC to the PXA-H800. Then under Options, select item and selecting the file software download V1003_Main_10AP_Bin_CRC.bin (unpack first the. Zip). Then start the update. Takes about 10 minutes.
Important: Ensure stable Power supply -> no Power outage on a PC or PXA-H800 WHILE the transfer.
. Note: save before user data, because they are lost as new PXA-H800 processor software version is displayed then 1003.

And many customers have tried to install this software and it works well.

If we do any mistakes regarding to this unit, we would like to apologize before.
As a shop or seller, we give our responsibility and we give our best services for our customer.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

TokoSpeaker.com
Featured Products | TokoSpeaker, Toko Speaker, Car Audio, audio Mobil, Speaker, Tweeter, Midrange, Subwoofer, Capacitor, Resistor, Inductor, Audio
TokoSpeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011   #1077
Upgrade Your Membership!

... Squirrel!!!...

Rep Power: 459 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

^ thank you for being a responsible seller.

I hate that all this crap has happened. You've been great to deal with. I think Alpine should refund you guys for all the headaches their product has caused you. But, we know that won't happen....

Follow my blog:
http://medleysmusings.com/

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html

Last edited by ErinH; 07-13-2011 at 11:38 PM..
ErinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011   #1078

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 49 ET328 will become famous soon enoughET328 will become famous soon enoughET328 will become famous soon enoughET328 will become famous soon enoughET328 will become famous soon enoughET328 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
I'm thinking "what setting?!"
Do they mean a f/w setting or what? Either way, it sounds like the problem's been resolved.
I still think that your unit was broken and software update did not fix it. All other users report of white noise with bass sounds but yout problem was different.

But then there is this weird thing, why did some users notice the noise also with P.EQ and some did not? Sadly no one answerer to my firmware version question. Now I noticed, that some user had fw version 1.000, but my unit had 1.001. So did Alpine release even more buggy firmware after the initial version and I was one of the "lucky" ones that had it? This latest fw version is 1.003.
ET328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011   #1079

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Alpine Australia
Position:
NSM

Rep Power: 0 Nathan_C will become famous soon enoughNathan_C will become famous soon enoughNathan_C will become famous soon enoughNathan_C will become famous soon enoughNathan_C will become famous soon enoughNathan_C will become famous soon enough

Hi Guys,

To the Alpine Australia customers, we have tested the unit with the new patch and can confirm the resolution of the audio issue. It will be available for download once we have created the instructions for implementation. The dealer absolutely loves the unit and has been enjoying it without the patch but is looking forward to playing with it a little more with the firmware.
Nathan_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011   #1080

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 76 YellowC4S will become famous soon enoughYellowC4S will become famous soon enoughYellowC4S will become famous soon enoughYellowC4S will become famous soon enoughYellowC4S will become famous soon enoughYellowC4S will become famous soon enough

Will the H800 work with the Mobridge DA1000 and will it decode the DD/DTS bitsream from an Audi S5 with B&O?
YellowC4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011   #1081

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 55 Ale555 will become famous soon enoughAle555 will become famous soon enoughAle555 will become famous soon enoughAle555 will become famous soon enoughAle555 will become famous soon enoughAle555 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowC4S View Post
Will the H800 work with the Mobridge DA1000 and will it decode the DD/DTS bitsream from an Audi S5 with B&O?
The question Must Be if the MoBridge can work with the DTS Signal, the H800 can.
The only Unit where I *Know* the DA Works with is the Audison DSPs (As they are Partners in europe). The DA works in the Audi for sure, One guy has it in His Audi allready. He wanted to check if it Works with the Helix DSP.
Ale555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011   #1082

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Alpine Australia
Position:
NSM

Rep Power: 0 Nathan_C will become famous soon enoughNathan_C will become famous soon enoughNathan_C will become famous soon enoughNathan_C will become famous soon enoughNathan_C will become famous soon enoughNathan_C will become famous soon enough

Hi Guys,

Here is the Alpine Australia link to the update software including install instructions.

Alpine Electronics of Australia

Nathan
Alpine Australia
Nathan_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011   #1083
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
TokoSpeaker.com
Position:
CEO

Rep Power: 54 TokoSpeaker will become famous soon enoughTokoSpeaker will become famous soon enoughTokoSpeaker will become famous soon enoughTokoSpeaker will become famous soon enoughTokoSpeaker will become famous soon enoughTokoSpeaker will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to TokoSpeaker

Alpine Customer Service is excellent.

Thank you for sharing this software V1.003.
Thank you for your help, Mr. Nathan.
TokoSpeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011   #1084

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 49 ET328 will become famous soon enoughET328 will become famous soon enoughET328 will become famous soon enoughET328 will become famous soon enoughET328 will become famous soon enoughET328 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokoSpeaker View Post
Alpine Customer Service is excellent.
I would not use those words. I have seen excellent customer support and Alpine's actions (denial and silence) in this case were far from it.
Old 07-15-2011   #1085

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 53 skywolf75 will become famous soon enoughskywolf75 will become famous soon enoughskywolf75 will become famous soon enoughskywolf75 will become famous soon enoughskywolf75 will become famous soon enoughskywolf75 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_C View Post
Hi Guys,

Here is the Alpine Australia link to the update software including install instructions.

Alpine Electronics of Australia

Nathan
Alpine Australia
Is this update meant for all countries, or only for Australia?

IVA-D800e + SD354 | PXA-H800 Combo | SB6-S + PDX-M6 | L1ProR2 + L3SE + L6SE + Slick40-V3 | A30.01 | 3 * 1m Classic + 2m eKs + 5m Junior | Original One + Original Two | DHA-S690 | TMX-R850 | SC68 + Cap33 + F600 + PSXXL + PCC1000 | Delta Power + Ground Block | BIG 3
skywolf75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011   #1086
Upgrade Your Membership!

SQer

Rep Power: 83 nomed will become famous soon enoughnomed will become famous soon enoughnomed will become famous soon enoughnomed will become famous soon enoughnomed will become famous soon enoughnomed will become famous soon enough

I do not think that H800 have integrated GPS and zone protection like DVD .
nomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011   #1087

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Valkyrie will become famous soon enoughValkyrie will become famous soon enoughValkyrie will become famous soon enoughValkyrie will become famous soon enoughValkyrie will become famous soon enoughValkyrie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywolf75 View Post
Is this update meant for all countries, or only for Australia?
That's the same file that Alpine Aus got from Alpine Germany, so looks like it's a non-region and/or non-language specific firmware update.

Cheers,
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011   #1088

DIYMA freshman

Another bug, that I talked about earlier, but now I have done better testing:

With master volume set to 0dB (or somewhere between -14 and 0), Euphony or Pro logic switched ON, and you adjust P.EQ or G.EQ to +dB values, H800's output volume is lowered.

This does not happen in stereo mode or rear fill mode. So you get much lower output levels with Euphony & Pro Logic and EQ adjustment works in a silly way unless you lower master level before adjustment.
This may not be a big deal with Alpine HU's but when using Car OEM HU and volume control (i.e. H800 set to max vol) this sure is an annoying "feature".

So when will Alpine fix this?
Old 07-17-2011   #1089

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 55 Ale555 will become famous soon enoughAle555 will become famous soon enoughAle555 will become famous soon enoughAle555 will become famous soon enoughAle555 will become famous soon enoughAle555 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET328 View Post
With master volume set to 0dB (or somewhere between -14 and 0), Euphony or Pro logic switched ON, and you adjust P.EQ or G.EQ to +dB values, H800's output volume is lowered.
Think about it...if you force the unit to put out max level and then you want "even more" by using + in EQ this can only work with lowering the volume of the other Bands.
Ale555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011   #1090

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ale555 View Post
Think about it...if you force the unit to put out max level and then you want "even more" by using + in EQ this can only work with lowering the volume of the other Bands.
I still think it's a firmware bug. It doesn't check sound levels, it just lowers output level (and makes master volume's 12-0dB range useless) no matter what EQ frequency you adjust to + values.

If this is a design feature, then why does it not do the same in stereo and rear fill modes? In those modes you just get overload if you adjust EQ way too much (that usually requires stacked EQ bands) and that is the correct way to do it.
Old 07-17-2011   #1091

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 61 s4k4zulu will become famous soon enoughs4k4zulu will become famous soon enoughs4k4zulu will become famous soon enoughs4k4zulu will become famous soon enoughs4k4zulu will become famous soon enoughs4k4zulu will become famous soon enough

looks like its moving along good..i will give it few more months before i jump on one

ipad3-p99rs/krx3/4200se(X2)/8W3
s4k4zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011   #1092

DIYMA freshman

I finally installed the PXA-H800 back to my car... And sounds like the H800 has much lower internal dynamic range (or something) than the H701. Output clips (with loud cracking noises vs. H701's soft clipping) at much earlier stage. So I get much lower clean output with the H800 than what I get with H701. Input level adjustment does not help, total usable volumerange is still much lower than with H701.

This is with a system where H800's volume is set to max and oem head unit controls volume.
Old 07-18-2011   #1093
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 68 asawendo will become famous soon enoughasawendo will become famous soon enoughasawendo will become famous soon enoughasawendo will become famous soon enoughasawendo will become famous soon enoughasawendo will become famous soon enough

Question Re: Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread

Quote:
I finally installed the PXA-H800 back to my car... And sounds like the H800 has much lower internal dynamic range (or something) than the H701. Output clips (with loud cracking noises vs. H701's soft clipping) at much earlier stage. So I get much lower clean output with the H800 than what I get with H701. Input level adjustment does not help, total usable volumerange is still much lower than with H701.

This is with a system where H800's volume is set to max and oem head unit controls volume.
Have you try to readjust your H800 input and output gain setting? Also have you notice the small icon like blinking Speaker on your RUX lcd screen when the output clips?
asawendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011   #1094

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by asawendo View Post
Have you try to readjust your H800 input and output gain setting? Also have you notice the small icon like blinking Speaker on your RUX lcd screen when the output clips?
H800's gain adjustments do not help, H800 just does not take in and output as much signal as the H701 does. This problem is mostly noticeable with EQ on. For example if you put +9dB at 50Hz (yes, I know, a whopping 9dB), H800 starts to make cracking noises when H700 still outputs clean signal in the same system and listening level. It could very well be, that H700's output is also clipping at that point, but since it does it so cleanly, you don't notice it. But with H800 you surely notice it..

That small output clipping icon usually appears a little late, you already get bad sound breakups before it appears. Input overload does not cause similar cracks, it just clips.

I installed a line driver (my amp does not have input level adjustment) after the H800 and now I get enough gains before this problem arrives. But now there's noise floor problem, I'll have to make a compromise between max output level and noise floor. This, of course, is mainly because in my system H800's volume control is not used.
Old 07-18-2011   #1095
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 91 n_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enough

Why would you need so much output voltage anyway?

Nick
oısɹǝʌǝɹ :ɐʇɐqoɹd snʇɹıʌ
Now stripped out
n_olympios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011   #1096

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_olympios View Post
Why would you need so much output voltage anyway?
I'm still using my car's original multichannel amplifier and that is designed to take high level (balanced) input. H701's output was just enough for my listening levels.
Old 07-18-2011   #1097
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 68 asawendo will become famous soon enoughasawendo will become famous soon enoughasawendo will become famous soon enoughasawendo will become famous soon enoughasawendo will become famous soon enoughasawendo will become famous soon enough

Smile Re: Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread

Quote:
H800's gain adjustments do not help, H800 just does not take in and output as much signal as the H701 does. This problem is mostly noticeable with EQ on. For example if you put +9dB at 50Hz (yes, I know, a whopping 9dB), H800 starts to make cracking noises when H700 still outputs clean signal in the same system and listening level. It could very well be, that H700's output is also clipping at that point, but since it does it so cleanly, you don't notice it. But with H800 you surely notice it..

That small output clipping icon usually appears a little late, you already get bad sound breakups before it appears. Input overload does not cause similar cracks, it just clips.

I installed a line driver (my amp does not have input level adjustment) after the H800 and now I get enough gains before this problem arrives. But now there's noise floor problem, I'll have to make a compromise between max output level and noise floor. This, of course, is mainly because in my system H800's volume control is not used.
I see Bro, because you are not the only one having this issue. I solved this problem by readjusting my Power amp gain. Also I can confirmed the H701 have higher clean output before clipping than H800.

Best Regards

Wendo
asawendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011   #1098

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 0 Thrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enough

Just got my H800 and C800 today, cant wait to test them out. Will report back!
Thrill_House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011   #1099

DIYMA freshman

Does anyone know who I should contact at Alpine about that Euphony output level bug? I mean a person that would actually do something about it.

Looks like German Alpine Extranet just deleted my post. I guess it's once again denial and silence treatment by Alpine's technical support.

Problem is this:
With master volume set to 0dB (or somewhere between -12 and 0dB), Euphony or Pro logic switched ON, and you use P.EQ or G.EQ with +dB values, H800's output volume is lowered.

For example: set master volume to 0, start without EQ, switch Euphony ON, set G.EQ or P.EQ ON, adjust one EQ band to +12dB, output level is now also lowered by 12dB. And now master volume control does nothing if adjusted between -12 and 0 dB. Balance also does not work correctly, channel output levels are the same unless you lower master volume below -12dB. Also output levels in x-over setting only have effect after -12 value.

I'm using 0dB setting because I use my car's head unit to adjust volume. This does not happen in stereo mode or rear fill mode, in those modes everything works as it should.
Old 07-20-2011   #1100
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 62 ecbmxer will become famous soon enoughecbmxer will become famous soon enoughecbmxer will become famous soon enoughecbmxer will become famous soon enoughecbmxer will become famous soon enoughecbmxer will become famous soon enough

Seems to me that it is designed to be like this so that if you set your amp levels with the EQ flat (all zero), then boost some frequencies afterwards, your not going to clip your amp since you previously set it at 0dB of boost. Can't you just do all your adjustments and then turn up the volume more if needed?

2010 Subaru WRX: H-Audio Enigma, Trinity and Ebony, sealed IDQ10v3, Massive Audio NX5 (sub+midbass) and NX4 (mid+tweet) amps, Alpine INA-W900BT with H100 Imprint, RAAMat/Ensolite, KnuKoncept/DIY wiring
ecbmxer is offline   Reply With Quote