Any events in CO - Page 7 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2019   #151

Rep Power: 0 audioman0115 will become famous soon enoughaudioman0115 will become famous soon enoughaudioman0115 will become famous soon enoughaudioman0115 will become famous soon enoughaudioman0115 will become famous soon enoughaudioman0115 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Any events in CO

I think that's a great idea! There's nothing on the western slope. I'd be willing to come to the eastern side to be involved

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
audioman0115 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2019   #152
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

Rep Power: 58 rob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enough

I haven't done competitions since the early 90s so I'm not sure what expectations might be - like as in which rules to use. MECA SQL general rules maybe?
rob feature is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2019   #153

Rep Power: 0 audioman0115 will become famous soon enoughaudioman0115 will become famous soon enoughaudioman0115 will become famous soon enoughaudioman0115 will become famous soon enoughaudioman0115 will become famous soon enoughaudioman0115 will become famous soon enough

I've never been to a competition. But I'm building my system as we speak so I'm excited to get it done and meet others who enjoy it as much as I do

Old 04-20-2019   #154
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

Rep Power: 58 rob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enough

I've competed a few times, but have been to dozens of shows - mostly around the Southeast. I went to IASCA finals in Daytona one year. I was competing at a show in Huntsville, AL - Sound on Wheels show & talked Richard Clark into critiquing my car. That was cool. Got to demo his Grand National at that show!

They've always been big fun. They just don't seem to exist between Oklahoma & Nevada.

Last edited by rob feature; 04-20-2019 at 09:07 AM..
Old 04-20-2019   #155

Yea I've noticed. Would be nice to have some closer to us

Old 05-05-2019   #156
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 155 fischman will become famous soon enoughfischman will become famous soon enoughfischman will become famous soon enoughfischman will become famous soon enoughfischman will become famous soon enoughfischman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
What are the odds you guys would be interested in a local SQ competition? They just don't exist here and I'd personally like to see that change.
I'm definitely interested in this. I used to live in KC, MO back in the day when they held the USACi Finals there. I also used to go to a bunch of stuff out in the midwest, but it never seems like much is going on out here. If I get my build done sooner than later, It'd even be fun to compete.

Josh
fischman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2019   #157

Rep Power: 28 Redliner99 will become famous soon enoughRedliner99 will become famous soon enoughRedliner99 will become famous soon enoughRedliner99 will become famous soon enoughRedliner99 will become famous soon enoughRedliner99 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
What are the odds you guys would be interested in a local SQ competition? They just don't exist here and I'd personally like to see that change.

Might have a location to do so at a shop in Lakewood I could buzz it by the owner and see what he thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Redliner99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2019   #158
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redliner99 View Post
Might have a location to do so at a shop in Lakewood I could buzz it by the owner and see what he thinks.

Yeah, please do. I've been looking around for locations & trying to figure out something that would work for us. I'm tossing around the idea of using our shop but don't know if it's gonna fly. We have the space but I have to convince the powers that be that opening it up to a bunch of people they don't know on a weekend is a good idea. Alternately I was thinking of renting a park pavillion type thing for the day - something with bathrooms & grills & covered spaces.
Old 05-06-2019   #159

Rep Power: 7 Adrock will become famous soon enoughAdrock will become famous soon enoughAdrock will become famous soon enoughAdrock will become famous soon enoughAdrock will become famous soon enoughAdrock will become famous soon enough

I'm down to help. How does this stuff work? Judging in classes? Clement Park has everything you mentioned and they are always holding events there for various things. I know this wouldn't be some huge event, but it would be fun either way.

How many people do you think we could round up?
Adrock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2019   #160

Rep Power: 28 Redliner99 will become famous soon enoughRedliner99 will become famous soon enoughRedliner99 will become famous soon enoughRedliner99 will become famous soon enoughRedliner99 will become famous soon enoughRedliner99 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrock View Post
I'm down to help. How does this stuff work? Judging in classes? Clement Park has everything you mentioned and they are always holding events there for various things. I know this wouldn't be some huge event, but it would be fun either way.

I think that would be the issue. The dude I know is very very business related and I'm not sure he would be into it if there wasn't a little bit of money to be made

Old 05-06-2019   #161
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrock View Post

Sweet! Yeah, maybe a couple classes? I don't know if it makes sense to use them all as some might have only one competitor. Maybe some sort of modified class that everyone agrees on. I'm thinking it will require more resources and expertise than available to hold an actual sanctioned points event. Not only that, but some people take this stuff pretty seriously & that could take the fun right out of it. Maybe down the road if it goes over well, but I personally don't want this to get stressful.

I guess what I had in mind was a score sheet, that accounts for different aspects including RTA, imaging, install, etc. Everyone goes through the lane, gets judged, and points accumulated. Not sure what to do about awards, etc. It could be held to bragging rights or maybe even prizes. I almost want to shy away from a cash purse again to keep it as friendly as possible, but it's always nice to win something for all your hard work. I just say that about cash as we probably won't have outside judges and will be judging each other. Maybe everyone can judge each car if our numbers stay manageable. The 3 with the most points take the podium?

As far as people, maybe about what we had at the last meetup would be a solid target? We could always get more by holding an SPL & car show portion, but that complicates the venue and sort of blows the idea of making it simple. I've organized & helped out with small & larger motorcycle rallies & while the larger ones are plenty of fun for everyone, I want nothing to do with dealing with peoples' problems all day. If someone wishes to make this big, by all means, don't let my ideas get in the way. I just personally don't want to try & organize a large event. I'd certainly help, but someone else would need to take the wheel.
Old 05-06-2019   #162
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redliner99 View Post
I think that would be the issue. The dude I know is very very business related and I'm not sure he would be into it if there wasn't a little bit of money to be made

I'm not even sure where money could be made. Entry & door fees maybe, but there are quite a few costs to cover in a bigger event and I believe most shops who put these on do it for exposure.
Old 05-06-2019   #163

Quote:
I'm not even sure where money could be made. Entry & door fees maybe, but there are quite a few costs to cover in a bigger event and I believe most shops who put these on do it for exposure.

Maybe they just need the push to and for people to say hey let's do this. I'm sure they have a bunch of customers that would come. I agree about dealing with drama and people who are too competitive. I'm in this for fun not to deal with assholes and money always brings those clowns around. I'll talk to them and keep everyone in the loop

Old 05-06-2019   #164

Rep Power: 7 Adrock will become famous soon enoughAdrock will become famous soon enoughAdrock will become famous soon enoughAdrock will become famous soon enoughAdrock will become famous soon enoughAdrock will become famous soon enough

I want it to be for fun as well. No money. Who knows, maybe it will turn into something?
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #165

Enthusiast

12V Company:
FC -NCO-COL
Position:
MECP advanced certified,

Rep Power: 91 oabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enough

We can do something at my store in Fort Collins , I have meters galore and all that jazz

In 2009 I was the meca rep for Colorado , itís pretty easy to become a rep and Sanction some titles , iasca costs $$$$ but I used to be a judge in 94,,95,96 and there pretty easy to get setup with but again $$$

Iím down to do a meet up and just do demos

Heya rob how ya been man done anything to your truck lately

im so in love with my speakers I found a song I sing to them

https://youtu.be/VgU6LXY-AjI
oabeieo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #166
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

Hey, been well - hope you can say the same. I see you've jumped up to the other end of the state...hope you aren't commuting from the Springs . Since you heard the truck yeah, I've made a few changes...swapped out the midwoofers for SEAS U16RCY/P, put in a ported SA 10 tuned to high 20s i/o the sealed SD10, tore everything out of the back and rebuilt the rear wall so I can kinda hotswap enclosures, did a lot more deadening, etc.

Dude that would be hella cool to have a little sound-off at your shop. Would you wanna blow it up or keep it small? Either would be pretty cool. Meetups are good too.

We did a meetup a few weeks ago - quite a bit bigger than the one we did last year. Lots of really cool cats and some nice setups with more being built.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #167
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 155 fischman will become famous soon enoughfischman will become famous soon enoughfischman will become famous soon enoughfischman will become famous soon enoughfischman will become famous soon enoughfischman will become famous soon enough

Does anyone locally have a mic to borrow. I want to eventually get one for tuning, but will hopefully have everything installed next weekend and not sure another $100 is in the budget right at the moment. Maybe in a month or two, but other things take priority over the next few months.

Also, if anyone has experience with REW and tuning, I'd be interested in sitting down and learning. I've been playing around with the software and read through SkiZer's How To and watched his youtube video along with a bunch of others, but would be interested in learning from others with experience as well.
fischman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #168
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

You're welcome to use my UMM-6 if you want. I also have an IMM-6. Not much going on this weekend if you wanna do a little tweaking. Or you're welcome to keep one of 'em for a few days.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischman View Post
Does anyone locally have a mic to borrow. I want to eventually get one for tuning, but will hopefully have everything installed next weekend and not sure another $100 is in the budget right at the moment. Maybe in a month or two, but other things take priority over the next few months.

Also, if anyone has experience with REW and tuning, I'd be interested in sitting down and learning. I've been playing around with the software and read through SkiZer's How To and watched his youtube video along with a bunch of others, but would be interested in learning from others with experience as well.
Hey brother. I think you're close by if I remember correctly. I have a cross-spectrum calibrated umik-1 mic and some familiarity with REW. I am off all memorial day week and my goal was to get some tuning done on my 4Runner. I planned on trying some different tuning techniques on my build.

Maybe the wife will watch the kids to allow some time on Saturday, Sunday or Monday to meet up. Sunday and Monday look like they're shaping up to be rainy. Good time to spend in the garage tuning? What DSP are you using?

Send me a pm and let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement