Any events in CO - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2016   #1

Rep Power: 45 caraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enough

Default Any events in CO

I'd love to swing by an SQ event, but haven't seen anything out here (did a search, not sure if Tapatalk is working..),

I'd settle for an SPL event too. Honestly, no way I could compete right now, I'm just looking for some inspiration for my current build, and I know an event would be a big help!

Thanks a bunch for reading!
caraudiopimps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2016   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

Rep Power: 61 rob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Any events in CO

I've sort of been looking too, but haven't found anything. I was talking to a guy at Quality Auto Sound on West Colfax the other day & the topic came up. He said they're pretty rare by themselves, but tend to play a part in a fair number of general car shows.
rob feature is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2016   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 370 gijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond repute

There really isn't a very strong car audio culture here. For a big city, there is surprisingly few events, or even decent shops.
gijoe is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016   #4

Rep Power: 45 caraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
There really isn't a very strong car audio culture here. For a big city, there is surprisingly few events, or even decent shops.
PDA road gear is pretty phenomenal!
Old 06-23-2016   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
I've sort of been looking too, but haven't found anything. I was talking to a guy at Quality Auto Sound on West Colfax the other day & the topic came up. He said they're pretty rare by themselves, but tend to play a part in a fair number of general car shows.
Huh, well if you ever hear of anything PLEASE PM me! How'd you like quality autosound? They have some iffy reviews online, but so does everyone..
Old 06-23-2016   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 370 gijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraudiopimps View Post
Huh, well if you ever hear of anything PLEASE PM me! How'd you like quality autosound? They have some iffy reviews online, but so does everyone..
I know you were asking Rob, but I wouldn't touch quality autosound with a 10' pole. They are your typical $1 install shop, and although they may carry some decent stuff from time to time, I would not let them do any of the installation work. Elite Auto Salon in Colorado Springs is about the only shop that has a consistently good reputation. Some of the Car Toys aren't bad, but these vary drastically by neighborhood.
Old 06-23-2016   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

Rep Power: 61 rob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Will do. I made a post here a while back about a get-together, but it never really went anywhere.

As far as the store at Quality Autosound I wasn't impressed. But there was a guy working the front that I wound up talking to for an hour or so who seemed to know his gear pretty well & got into a discussion about shows among other things. Their showroom is pretty big, but there's nothing in it and everything just looks sort of worn out. I'd feel safe enough saying most of that stuff actually is worn out - especially their JL display - not sure I've ever heard anything that sounded that hideous. Fits right in on West Colfax .
Old 06-23-2016   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Will do. I made a post here a while back about a get-together, but it never really went anywhere.

As far as the store at Quality Autosound I wasn't impressed. But there was a guy working the front that I wound up talking to for an hour or so who seemed to know his gear pretty well & got into a discussion about shows among other things. Their showroom is pretty big, but there's nothing in it and everything just looks sort of worn out. I'd feel safe enough saying most of that stuff actually is worn out - especially their JL display - not sure I've ever heard anything that sounded that hideous. Fits right in on West Colfax .
Better than East Colfax
Old 06-23-2016   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

Heh, good point
Old 06-23-2016   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 126 leepersc will become famous soon enoughleepersc will become famous soon enoughleepersc will become famous soon enoughleepersc will become famous soon enoughleepersc will become famous soon enoughleepersc will become famous soon enough

Guys, the majority of sanctioned events occur in Colo Springs. Also a few in the Denver area. Actually, it seems there are frequent events in the springs. I'm in Ft. Collins so I don't go to any of them though. I did a facebook search for "Colorado Car Audio" or any variation of audio words to find all of the Colorado groups. Thats how I hear about all of the events. Seems to be a TON of SPL guys down there especially. The shows and the get togethers are out there just hard to hear about them it seems unless you are in the know already.

Dual Alpine HU's, Alpine KCA-410C, PG TLD 66 & DD10, 2 Audiocontrol EQL's & 2 4XS xovers, Epicenter, 2 PylePro PDN8's & Dayton RS52AN-8 per door, Dayton 4” & Tweet in Pillars, 2 MBQ 15's. Alpine MRP-F600 x2, MRP-M1000 x2 & MRP-M2000 x2.
leepersc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2016   #11

Quote:
I know you were asking Rob, but I wouldn't touch quality autosound with a 10' pole. They are your typical $1 install shop, and although they may carry some decent stuff from time to time, I would not let them do any of the installation work. Elite Auto Salon in Colorado Springs is about the only shop that has a consistently good reputation. Some of the Car Toys aren't bad, but these vary drastically by neighborhood.
I've heard good things about PDA road gear in Littleton too. But yeah, the general rep of Q autosound is less than stellar...

There's a couple car toys I would trust, a couple best buys even, that depends on the specific installer though, and I only say this because I know a few who work for both companies who are great, and a couple who are not. Unfortunately it's hard to tell based on reviews, since the clientele here is pretty nuts sometimes, and good experiences generally get less (or no) reviews.
Old 06-25-2016   #12

Quote:

Haha no doubt. I can typically find one guy at most shops who is pretty decent, if I can't, they'll be out of business tomorrow. Unfortunately a lot of shops just don't have standards, or pressure installers to do too much volume creating really lazy work.
Old 06-25-2016   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by leepersc View Post
Guys, the majority of sanctioned events occur in Colo Springs. Also a few in the Denver area. Actually, it seems there are frequent events in the springs. I'm in Ft. Collins so I don't go to any of them though. I did a facebook search for "Colorado Car Audio" or any variation of audio words to find all of the Colorado groups. Thats how I hear about all of the events. Seems to be a TON of SPL guys down there especially. The shows and the get togethers are out there just hard to hear about them it seems unless you are in the know already.
Good to know! Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to venture down soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leepersc View Post
Old 06-25-2016   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

Quote:
Heh, I wound up in another one today. I can't pass a car stereo shop that I've never been in before if I have the time. I forget the street, but the neighborhood wasn't any better. The stores are remarkably similar...wide open spaces with a few things on the walls and some product islands made of product boxes. This store was better stocked and cleaner, but still sorta ghetto. I thought I might get lucky & find a grille for my sub. They offered to make me a single MDF ring for $40 before Uncle Sam

I've been in a few of the Car Toys - usually go to Boulder. It's okay. They're usually busy, but seem to always have hands on deck...quite a few for a car audio store. If I need some wire or something it's my best local choice. Folks are friendly enough, but generally clueless. They tend to keep things in stock - which is nice.
Old 06-26-2016   #15

Quote:
Heh, I wound up in another one today. I can't pass a car stereo shop that I've never been in before if I have the time. I forget the street, but the neighborhood wasn't any better. The stores are remarkably similar...wide open spaces with a few things on the walls and some product islands made of product boxes. This store was better stocked and cleaner, but still sorta ghetto. I thought I might get lucky & find a grille for my sub. They offered to make me a single MDF ring for $40 before Uncle Sam

I've been in a few of the Car Toys - usually go to Boulder. It's okay. They're usually busy, but seem to always have hands on deck...quite a few for a car audio store. If I need some wire or something it's my best local choice. Folks are friendly enough, but generally clueless. They tend to keep things in stock - which is nice.
Nick at boulder is the only tech I'd trust there. I know him well, and he's a genuinely good installer. Another installer friend recently applied (within three mo) and they've gone through pretty major staff changes recently, he said in the garage, Nick is the only dude who's not totally green. The old service manager moved on, and the new one was demoted from a higher up position at a different store for some sketchy practices. So tread lightly there in the future, talk to Nick G.
Old 06-26-2016   #16

Quote:
Nick at boulder is the only tech I'd trust there. I know him well, and he's a genuinely good installer. Another installer friend recently applied (within three mo) and they've gone through pretty major staff changes recently, he said in the garage, Nick is the only dude who's not totally green. The old service manager moved on, and the new one was demoted from a higher up position at a different store for some sketchy practices. So tread lightly there in the future, talk to Nick G.
My other friend turned the offer down since he didn't wanna babysit fresh techs btw. Which no one can blame him for.
Old 07-01-2016   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

Quote:
That's the one thing I don't ask a shop to do for me - work on my stuff. I just go for wire or little doo dads I might need generally - and the candy store atmosphere . I spent most of my youth and early twenties hanging out in buddies' shops, and I don't see that scene around anymore, but back then most shops were independently owned. Seems like more franchises around anymore.

I haven't met any installers over there, but I'll keep Nick in mind on my next trip. They're pretty good at separating back from front of house over there. The install bays are always full when I go by. And every time I've been in, there's been an installer wanted sign hanging around.

I forgot to mention the last time I posted that I ran into a guy who showed me some pictures on his phone of what he said was close to 1000 cars that showed up recently for a 'show'. He said these things aren't judged or really even organized, but there's some facebook group you have to be a member of and then they give out GPS coordinates of meeting locations because supposedly that throws the cops off . Sounds to me like a bunch of rolling noise pumps, but from the pics I saw it's a BUNCH of 'em.
Old 08-06-2016   #18

Enthusiast

12V Company:
FC -NCO-COL
Position:
MECP advanced certified,

Rep Power: 96 oabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enough

My car toys bay in Denver does some ok custom. One of my installers is pretty good, I can do custom as well, I just usually don't have time , I two installers now that both have Horn systems , one of my installers holds the state champ for SPL.

But..... It's car toys , sorta pricy and not über high end, we don't carry any of the trick sq stuff just but could do some labor for you if you ever wanted .

But as far as the og question. I haven't heard of anything neither. Maybe we all should meet up sometime nf start our own gtg or something

im so in love with my speakers I found a song I sing to them

https://youtu.be/VgU6LXY-AjI
oabeieo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2016   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

I'd be up for a gtg. I don't have room here, but I'll spring for snacks & drinks if someone wanted to lend some real estate. Or maybe somebody knows somebody at the neighborhood Car Toys so we could use their lot
Old 08-06-2016   #20

Enthusiast

12V Company:
FC -NCO-COL
Position:
MECP advanced certified,

Rep Power: 96 oabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'd be up for a gtg. I don't have room here, but I'll spring for snacks & drinks if someone wanted to lend some real estate. Or maybe somebody knows somebody at the neighborhood Car Toys so we could use their lot
Could meet at my shop. I'm off sun mon so One of those days so I can actually hang out, And it's downtown so central as it gets

Old 08-07-2016   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

Awesome! I'm off Sundays. I work M-F, but our office is pretty close to your shop & we typically get back in at a decent hour.
Old 08-07-2016   #22

Enthusiast

12V Company:
FC -NCO-COL
Position:
MECP advanced certified,

Quote:
Awesome! I'm off Sundays. I work M-F, but our office is pretty close to your shop & we typically get back in at a decent hour.
Word. gijoe, caraudiopimps, You in ?

Old 08-10-2016   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by oabeieo View Post
Word. gijoe, caraudiopimps, You in ?
I'd be in, but I'm off tues/Wed, if y'all let me know when a bit in advance, I can swap days though, I've also got a pretty large group of installers in a chat app who might be interested!
Old 08-24-2016   #24

Rep Power: 41 MKnopfler will become famous soon enoughMKnopfler will become famous soon enoughMKnopfler will become famous soon enoughMKnopfler will become famous soon enoughMKnopfler will become famous soon enoughMKnopfler will become famous soon enough

I'd be down for just about any time except fri night or saturday. lol
MKnopfler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2016   #25

Rep Power: 41 MKnopfler will become famous soon enoughMKnopfler will become famous soon enoughMKnopfler will become famous soon enoughMKnopfler will become famous soon enoughMKnopfler will become famous soon enoughMKnopfler will become famous soon enough

So do you guys have any info on some meets coming up ? I'm in Boulder but would travel to the Springs or Denver to meet some folks into SQ car audio. I just started putting together a system and would love to see and hear what others have set up. The last car audio system I put in was way back in the early 90's. My, how things have changed !!

2005 GX470 - OEM HU - Ibasso DX80 - Helix Director - Helix DSP Pro - JL HD600/4 x2 - JL HD1200/1 - GB60 - GB40 - GB10 - GS62 - GB12D4 - installed by EAS in Colorado Springs

Last edited by MKnopfler; 09-03-2016 at 03:04 PM..
MKnopfler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement