Boston Area GTG Fall 2017 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2017   #1

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 83 High Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enough

Default Boston Area GTG Fall 2017

Josh graciously offered his house for the fall meet up so we don't have to pay the $8 entry fee to the state park. We can re-allocate the funds to order lunch from Domino's as they deliver to the location.

Sunday October 22, 2017

10:30 A.M.

Taunton/ Norton Line 5 min from Route 495 Behind Standish Business Park near exit 9

P.M. Josh ( PorkCereal ) for exact address

High Resolution Audio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2017   #2

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 83 High Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Boston Area GTG Fall 2017

Here is the list of people tentatively attending the fall GTG

1. Mless5 (Igor)
2. High Res. Audio ( Gerald )
3. Porkcereal ( Josh )
4. MA043HA (Mark)
5. Ziggyrama (Mike)
6. derickveliz ( Derick)
7. George ( not on the forum from RI)
8. Mike A. ( not on the forum from the Cape )
9. Angelo ( not on the forum from the Cape )
10. Goodstuff ( Mike ) Western Mass (possibly-maybe)
11. capea4 ( Charlie ) ( possibly with permission )
12. John ( not on the forum from the cape )
13. Rob ( not on the forum from the cape )
14. Josh ( not on the forum from Pepperell )

Please feel free to copy, paste and add your name if interested.

Old 09-28-2017   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 130 PorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enough

Might hit the fb page as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

'15 Focus ST, SI M25, M3, TM65v2, BM MKiv x2, ARC XDIv2 1200.6, Arc XDI 450.4,JBL MS 8
PorkCereal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017   #4

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkCereal View Post
Might hit the fb page as well

What was the name of the facebook page? Do you have a link?

Old 09-28-2017   #5

Enthusiast

I'm going to burn a few SQ Demo CDs with some fun music. Looking forward to this meet up.

Old 09-29-2017   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 130 PorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enough

Cool, we could take the same source vehicle to vehicle to hear the differences.

'15 Focus ST, SI M25, M3, TM65v2, BM MKiv x2, ARC XDIv2 1200.6, Arc XDI 450.4,JBL MS 8
Old 09-29-2017   #7

Rep Power: 38 MA043HA will become famous soon enoughMA043HA will become famous soon enoughMA043HA will become famous soon enoughMA043HA will become famous soon enoughMA043HA will become famous soon enoughMA043HA will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Cool, we could take the same source vehicle to vehicle to hear the differences.

If I knew the playlist I could create it on my DAP. New system will play CD/DVDs through the factory HU but sounds best on the DAP with coax digital connection to the dsp.
MA043HA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2017   #8

Rep Power: 38 MA043HA will become famous soon enoughMA043HA will become famous soon enoughMA043HA will become famous soon enoughMA043HA will become famous soon enoughMA043HA will become famous soon enoughMA043HA will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Resolution Audio View Post
What was the name of the facebook page? Do you have a link?
NESQ_Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/611111119076004/
The Following User Says Thank You to MA043HA For This Useful Post:
High Resolution Audio (09-29-2017)
Old 09-29-2017   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA043HA View Post
If I knew the playlist I could create it on my DAP. New system will play CD/DVDs through the factory HU but sounds best on the DAP with coax digital connection to the dsp.
That would be up to HiRes to share.

Old 09-29-2017   #10

Enthusiast

Quote:
That would be up to HiRes to share.

I haven't yet put together the playlist. Most of the songs I have in mind are popular and old school, and fun to listen to. I'm going to vary songs with with a wide sound stage, to a deep sound stage, to immersive and enveloping music. Ill post playlist once I have it all together. But I will burn at least a dozen CDs.

Old 09-29-2017   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
I haven't yet put together the playlist. Most of the songs I have in mind are popular and old school, and fun to listen to. I'm going to vary songs with with a wide sound stage, to a deep sound stage, to immersive and enveloping music. Ill post playlist once I have it all together. But I will burn at least a dozen CDs.
We have faith in you.

Old 09-29-2017   #12

Enthusiast

Quote:
We have faith in you.
The last CD I made wasn't that good to listen to, but had some interesting staging.

This CD will feature pop songs. Like Clapton, Kool and the Gang, ZZ Top, Journey, Foreigner etc.

Stuff that most everyone can groove to.

Old 10-01-2017   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 138 derickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enough

Subscribed...

D.

My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
Mercedes Benz CLA 250, Pioneer P-99, IDQ12d4v3 Subwoofer, ... ID min Horns, 6.5" Midbass!
derickveliz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2017   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 138 derickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The last CD I made wasn't that good to listen to, but had some interesting staging.

This CD will feature pop songs. Like Clapton, Kool and the Gang, ZZ Top, Journey, Foreigner etc.

Stuff that most everyone can groove to.
G. would you like to have a copy of your CD on a cloud? just in case for people who don't have a CD and would like to save it into a flash drive, and/or we could start listening and then have a good reference point. Just a thought (I can give you the access to upload the tracks)

In another though we all should contribute and upload our favorite track so G, can burn it in his CD

Let me know

D.

Mercedes Benz CLA 250, Pioneer P-99, IDQ12d4v3 Subwoofer, ... ID min Horns, 6.5" Midbass!
Old 10-05-2017   #15

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz View Post
G. would you like to have a copy of your CD on a cloud? just in case for people who don't have a CD and would like to save it into a flash drive, and/or we could start listening and then have a good reference point. Just a thought (I can give you the access to upload the tracks)

In another though we all should contribute and upload our favorite track so G, can burn it in his CD

Let me know

D.
Thanks for the invitation. I've been working on trying to get the truck finished. Seats are out floor is being installed.

I can upload to a cloud? Yes I'll do that. Just let me know how. You have my phone, Can you text me instructions?

Old 10-05-2017   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Thanks for the invitation. I've been working on trying to get the truck finished. Seats are out floor is being installed.

I can upload to a cloud? Yes I'll do that. Just let me know how. You have my phone, Can you text me instructions?
Dropbox app on your pc or phone then share the link

Old 10-05-2017   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Use this LINK to upload your music, (everybody can upload) then I'll share the folder.

Very simple just click on "Choose from computer" button and find the track(s) you wish to upload, let me know

__________________________________________________ __

This is how I did my Midbass enclosures in the kicks a couple of years ago

D.

The Following User Says Thank You to derickveliz For This Useful Post:
High Resolution Audio (10-06-2017)
Old 10-05-2017   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Midbass in kick area passenger's side

D.

Old 10-06-2017   #19

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz View Post
Use this LINK to upload your music, (everybody can upload) then I'll share the folder.

Very simple just click on "Choose from computer" button and find the track(s) you wish to upload, let me know

__________________________________________________ __

This is how I did my Midbass enclosures in the kicks a couple of years ago

D.

Thank you sir. I'm very much NOT computer savvy. I clicked on the link. My music is on my I-MAC. I use my MacBook Pro every day and it does not have a CD/DVD drive, nor the music I exported last time.

I learned how to share computers music on the same home network. I also learned how to take the CDs that I imported and add that music to my I-tunes library and share them on all my devices.

So now I am all set to import and burn the 2017 Fall GTG track-list. I'll probably make the track list this weekend and start burning CD's at which time I'll upload the files to link you provided. Thanks for your help.

Old 10-06-2017   #20

Enthusiast

This is what my van looks like as of now. Not even a seat. I'm going to be working very hard in the next two weeks to get her driving by the GTG.

Last edited by High Resolution Audio; 11-30-2017 at 04:46 PM..
Old 10-08-2017   #21

Rep Power: 34 Jlugo360 will become famous soon enoughJlugo360 will become famous soon enoughJlugo360 will become famous soon enoughJlugo360 will become famous soon enoughJlugo360 will become famous soon enoughJlugo360 will become famous soon enough

Hello there! I was wondering if any of you guys had input or recommendations on who’s a good tuner around this area? I recently came back to Rhode Island from Florida and before leaving FL i had just gotten my system tuned but after the fact i played around with my crossovers and even though i feel i made progress in the aspect of what i wanted each driver to do or “play at” i started experiencing ear fatigue, so i guessed it was time to get eQ in order and ordered the Audiofrog mic to try on getting a nice “curve response” on my own but after chasing my own tail for a couple of weeks i decided this stuff its beyond me! I think i’d rather pay a Pro to get me right with a nice “curve response” with the crossover settings I choose than to keep going at it... Thanks in advance for any input...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jlugo360 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2017   #22

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlugo360 View Post
Hello there! I was wondering if any of you guys had input or recommendations on who’s a good tuner around this area? I recently came back to Rhode Island from Florida and before leaving FL i had just gotten my system tuned but after the fact i played around with my crossovers and even though i feel i made progress in the aspect of what i wanted each driver to do or “play at” i started experiencing ear fatigue, so i guessed it was time to get eQ in order and ordered the Audiofrog mic to try on getting a nice “curve response” on my own but after chasing my own tail for a couple of weeks i decided this stuff its beyond me! I think i’d rather pay a Pro to get me right with a nice “curve response” with the crossover settings I choose than to keep going at it... Thanks in advance for any input...

Are you coming to the GTG? There may be a guy coming who lives in MA that is a tuner. Years ago he tuned a car at Finals that took 2nd. Other than that, Sound in Motion in the Boston area is the only place that I know about. I have had no personal experience with them, but they do have excellent reviews.

Old 10-08-2017   #23

Rep Power: 34 Jlugo360 will become famous soon enoughJlugo360 will become famous soon enoughJlugo360 will become famous soon enoughJlugo360 will become famous soon enoughJlugo360 will become famous soon enoughJlugo360 will become famous soon enough

Sure I wouldn’t mind coming over, is there a way to get in touch with this guy to see if he’s willing to do a tune while over there?

Jlugo360 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2017   #24

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlugo360 View Post
Sure I wouldn’t mind coming over, is there a way to get in touch with this guy to see if he’s willing to do a tune while over there?

I'll see if I can find out for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to High Resolution Audio For This Useful Post:
Jlugo360 (10-08-2017)
Old 10-08-2017   #25

Quote:
Are you coming to the GTG? There may be a guy coming who lives in MA that is a tuner. Years ago he tuned a car at Finals that took 2nd. Other than that, Sound in Motion in the Boston area is the only place that I know about. I have had no personal experience with them, but they do have excellent reviews.
SiM did this sub in my car recently. Really looking forward to the GTG.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CL550 sub 0.jpg (37.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg CL550 sub.jpg (59.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg CL550 sub 1.jpg (48.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg CL550 sub box 2.jpg (109.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg CL550 sub box.jpg (188.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg CL550 sub stealth 2.jpg (42.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg CL550 sub 2.jpg (43.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg CL550 sub wiring.jpg (63.1 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by MA043HA; 10-08-2017 at 09:12 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement