Nashville TN / So-KY / North-AL Third Annual Car Stereo GTG - Sunday - Sep 2, 2018 - Page 3 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2018   #51

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,031 Times in 483 Posts
Rep Power: 26016 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Default Re: Nashville TN / So-KY / North-AL Third Annual Car Stereo GTG - Sunday - Sep 2, 201

Not much. Just finally getting around to putting the big Mc amp back in.

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2018   #52
DIYMA 500 Club

This place

Rep Power: 40144 schmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Nashville TN / So-KY / North-AL Third Annual Car Stereo GTG - Sunday - Sep 2, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinH View Post
Not much. Just finally getting around to putting the big Mc amp back in.
That has to be a big job to even fit it in the car, then to make it look right and tune it all. Everyone will love to see it though.
schmiddr2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2018   #53

Importer / Exporter

Two weeks! Placed my BBQ order yesterday, now I just need some peeps to come eat it with me, donít want to have to eat 10lbs of BBQ all by jyself again.

imjustjason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to imjustjason For This Useful Post:
ErinH (08-19-2018)

Old 08-19-2018   #54
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 113 bigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I need someone to mail me some motivation so I can get this car finished up before the meet.

Erin,
For several years now you have captivated us with your "outside the box" thinking, system designing and tuning abilities. Whether it be your choice of speakers, speaker placement, amps, use of subs or no subs, your ability to tune like no other, have rock solid up front bass and incredible imaging. For you to come all the way up here to this GTG with an incomplete system and to deny us of this opportunity to sit and listen to your latest creation, dream of what our systems could be if we applied the effort as you do with your system, would be a slap in the face to all of us who have driven so far to marvel at your creation.

Besides, if you don't finish it I will ridicule you the ENTIRE DAY.
Hope this helps.

bigbubba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbubba For This Useful Post:
ErinH (08-19-2018), Kevin K (08-20-2018)
Old 08-19-2018   #55

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 26016 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. You got me with that one, Kelly. Laying it on thick! Itíll be done before the meet, though.

Speaking of which... what's the status on yours? Any progress in the new car?

Time Delay Calculator:

Last edited by ErinH; 08-20-2018 at 05:55 AM..
Old 08-20-2018   #56

Bikinpunk

Jason, what time do you plan to start this shindig up?

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 08-20-2018   #57
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 81 CBS13WRX will become famous soon enoughCBS13WRX will become famous soon enoughCBS13WRX will become famous soon enoughCBS13WRX will become famous soon enoughCBS13WRX will become famous soon enoughCBS13WRX will become famous soon enough

Either Shannon or I will be there first.

2017 Volkswagen Jetta SE

4th Place MECA Street @ 2018 Finals
2018 MECA Street Points Champion
Also least likely to starve, I have reserves.
CBS13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2018   #58
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 300 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be driving in Saturday and staying the night. Anyone wanna meet up for dinner? Looking forward to those addictive cookies Jeff

'16 single cab Ram Tradesman ST with HEMI...Pioneer avh-501ex...Helix dsp.2...Helix G-Five...Zapco ST-4X SQ...LPG 26na...Audiofrog gb25...Scanspeak Discovery 7"...IDQ12v4d4...Tread lightly-you never know what someone is going through until you have to walk in their shoes
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2018   #59

Rep Power: 87 Kevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enough

Quote:
LOL. You got me with that one, Kelly. Laying it on thick! Itíll be done before the meet, though.

Ah, turned it around and put it back on Kelly..... so yours gonna be ready Kelly?

Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2018   #60
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 113 bigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I'm here for you man!

I have 95% of the things for the new car. Gonna be very low key. My hopes are when you look in the car you will think it's all Beats Audio. My biggest thing is where and how to mount the amp. But I do have the sub box done. Just need to cover it.

Old 08-20-2018   #61
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 81 CBS13WRX will become famous soon enoughCBS13WRX will become famous soon enoughCBS13WRX will become famous soon enoughCBS13WRX will become famous soon enoughCBS13WRX will become famous soon enoughCBS13WRX will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
I'll be driving in Saturday and staying the night. Anyone wanna meet up for dinner? Looking forward to those addictive cookies Jeff
Will be there early Sunday morning with the goods Chris.

2017 Volkswagen Jetta SE

4th Place MECA Street @ 2018 Finals
2018 MECA Street Points Champion
Also least likely to starve, I have reserves.
CBS13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2018   #62
Upgrade Your Membership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
Ah, turned it around and put it back on Kelly..... so yours gonna be ready Kelly?
Yes he did. Mine will be playing but it's stock....for now. Anxious to hear yours, Erin's and everyone else's. I'm really curious to see the progress on a particular Ford PU that will be there.

Old 08-20-2018   #63

Importer / Exporter

Quote:
Jason, what time do you plan to start this shindig up?
I've never set a time, I'm there, so when the first person shows up... it starts and when the last one leaves... it's over.

Not particular times for anything, we eat when we get hungry, and that's really the only time sensitive thing the whole day.

Old 08-20-2018   #64
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 137 audiophile25 will become famous soon enoughaudiophile25 will become famous soon enoughaudiophile25 will become famous soon enoughaudiophile25 will become famous soon enoughaudiophile25 will become famous soon enoughaudiophile25 will become famous soon enough

It's coming up quick! looking forward to some BBQ and hearing some great sounding cars.

Sound Team 6 : Team Audible Physics : Team Zapco
audiophile25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2018   #65
DIYMA 500 Club

This place

Rep Power: 40144 schmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't make it after all. Hunting trip. Wish I could make it - Jason does a great GTG. Have fun. Awaiting some pics.
schmiddr2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2018   #66

Bikinpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmiddr2 View Post
I can't make it after all. Hunting trip. Wish I could make it - Jason does a great GTG. Have fun. Awaiting some pics.

Maybe we will catch you next time.

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 08-21-2018   #67
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 300 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

This might be the last time the Grand Cherokee makes a showing. Y'all remember it getting violated about this time last year by a blockhead that thought his 2014 Camry was a '69 Charger with a Confederate flag on it. Well the Jeep hasn't been the same since. I don't know what it is but it's as if the soul was knocked out of it. And I think it's cursed anyway. And I don't trust the patch job where the hitch bolts in. I'm sure it's fine but I don't know anything about the welder that did it at the body shop. Only one person I would have trusted because I know his work ethic when he's welding boats together...works for Xpress boats now. So y'all take a good long listen since this won't be a mega meet like the Bertholomy shindig. Erin I'll need to talk to you about the VXI amps too since I won't have nearly as much usable room for audio.

'16 single cab Ram Tradesman ST with HEMI...Pioneer avh-501ex...Helix dsp.2...Helix G-Five...Zapco ST-4X SQ...LPG 26na...Audiofrog gb25...Scanspeak Discovery 7"...IDQ12v4d4...Tread lightly-you never know what someone is going through until you have to walk in their shoes
Old 08-22-2018   #68
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 116 mumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enough

It sucks that you've lost confidence in the Jeep... but it took a pretty good hit from that f^kwad! What would be your replacement vehicle?
mumbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2018   #69
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
It sucks that you've lost confidence in the Jeep... but it took a pretty good hit from that f^kwad! What would be your replacement vehicle?
I'm going all business this next round. Either an extended cab Colorado W/T v6 or extended cab or single cab F-150 XL with 2.7 Ecobust. Probably the Colorado since it has carpet in it and I'm buying new this time. The F-150 does look like it would be a beast though and the one I want is plentiful unlike the extended cab v6 Colorado. I'm thinking a single cab F-150 would be awesome for hiding audio gear behind the seats with room left over and has x9 door openings and tweets in dash corners which I've had really good luck with in the past. Hopefully the GB10's will fit in there. Looks like enough room to downfire the G12 behind the passenger seat. Then a big toolbox in the back for random stuff. Guess I miss having a simple truck with not much to go wrong on it when it comes to doohickeys and thingamajigs. This might be my new baby if it's still there when I get back from Nashville. Some of my best memories as a teenager came from driving a blue single cab short bed F-150 XL and maybe it's nostalgia kicking in. Either way it's EXACTLY what I need for my lifestyle out here.
https://www.smithford.net/new/Ford/2...archDepth=3:16

Last edited by Hillbilly SQ; 08-22-2018 at 11:55 AM..
Old 08-26-2018   #70
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

ONE WEEK!

And does anyone here have some 2.5-3" midranges they'd be willing to let go dirt cheap? They don't have to be great but I'd like to give kick mounted midranges a try in the new truck since there's no e-brake pedal in the way. Don't want to put much money into trying until I know if those locations will behave. I do remember my old H-Audio x2's behaving well down in kicks of the Ram with washcloths and duct tape around them. E-brake was the deal breaker though. I refuse to put pods above the dash. Makes it too obvious there's car audio in there to steal.

Old 08-26-2018   #71
DIYMA 500 Club

Wave Shepherd

Rep Power: 276 Justin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
ONE WEEK!

And does anyone here have some 2.5-3" midranges they'd be willing to let go dirt cheap? They don't have to be great but I'd like to give kick mounted midranges a try in the new truck since there's no e-brake pedal in the way. Don't want to put much money into trying until I know if those locations will behave. I do remember my old H-Audio x2's behaving well down in kicks of the Ram with washcloths and duct tape around them. E-brake was the deal breaker though. I refuse to put pods above the dash. Makes it too obvious there's car audio in there to steal.
I have some drivers you can have. I'm not sure what they are exactly, but they seem very similar to the Eminence Alpha 3.
Can you send me a note on Saturday evening to help me remember to bring them?

Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
-My 2002 VW Golf stealth SQ build (an engineering student's perspective)
-Jazzi's tuning companion for Room EQ Wizard (help you tune a dsp)
Master's Degree in Acoustics at Penn State (10% complete)
Justin Zazzi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2018   #72
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Thanks Justin. My plan is to put them in the kicks aimed how they'll be mounted and wrapped up to keep the backwave from interfering. Then put a real tune on them with l/r eq and time alignment to give them a fair shake at a prediction of what could be. If I can get them to image in both the driving position and stretched out demo position I'll see about ordering up some gb25's to go with the rest of the toads in my install. Now I just need to remember to pull wires for 3-way, lol. HATE pulling wires so only gonna do that crap once!

Old 08-26-2018   #73

Importer / Exporter

One week!!!

Message me if you need the address.

Looking like itís going to be a good turn out

Old 08-27-2018   #74
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Let's hope a major cold front moves in but not one like what happened at the last NCSQ meet. Felt sorry for those that didn't come prepared. Bluebird sky and 80* for this one!

Old 08-31-2018   #75

Importer / Exporter

TWO DAYS!!

Bring cold air with you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement