Nashville TN / So-KY / North-AL Third Annual Car Stereo GTG - Sunday - Sep 2, 2018 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2018   #1

Importer / Exporter

Default Nashville TN / So-KY / North-AL Third Annual Car Stereo GTG - Sunday - Sep 2, 2018

I've had a handful of people ask me lately if we we're doing this again this year, the answer is always an emphatic "OF COURSE?!" So, here's the thread about it. It's a while away still, but thought I should make this post. I don't have a giveaway worked out yet, but will see what I can find.

Exciting things that will be different this year: Kirk has a new badass car, and install to match, that's tearing up the comp world. Tim has an all new, again badass, install in his well proven comp machine. Both of those guys normally make it over, but they both have work schedules that could interfere. If we change anything in my son's car, and we will... he just doesn't know it yet, it will be there showing those changes. I will, or certainly hope I will, have my truck done by the time this rolls around... if not this will be an install get together. LoL

Just like in the past, this will be a super laid back, hang out, simple, and fun day of getting together and talking some bs while maybe listening to a few cars. Had a good turnout last year, everyone was respectful and courteous. Hope to carry on the same way this year. My BBQ joint closed, so I will have to find a new source for BBQ.

Where:

At my house 30 minutes North of Nashville TN - PM for the address

When:

Sunday: September 2, 2018 (the day before Labor Day, as usual) from whenever to whenever, people usually come and go all hours.
We will eat lunch around noonish and dinner around 6ish (dinner is whatever is leftover from lunch, or we can get pizza or sammichs if needed)

Food:

Some sort of BBQ, similar to what we had last year, and all of the other sides the wife gathered. Yes, she will make that banana pudding cake thing she made last year, like I always say, if she doesn't come to her senses and leave me before then.

Stuff to bring:

Yourself
A friend / spouse / kids (on you to watch them)
Your Car / truck, with or without anything, you would want to share
Some auditioning CD's or another music source
Folding chair
Any drink harder than common sodas and water

Current list of attendees: (add yourself if for sure)
Name (Screenname) - Car - State if you want

1) Jason (imjustjason) - some cars - TN
2) John (imjustjohn) - 15 Civic coupe - TN

imjustjason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imjustjason For This Useful Post:
ErinH (04-10-2018), schmiddr2 (04-10-2018), SQ Audi (04-10-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2018   #2
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 84 CBS13WRX will become famous soon enoughCBS13WRX will become famous soon enoughCBS13WRX will become famous soon enoughCBS13WRX will become famous soon enoughCBS13WRX will become famous soon enoughCBS13WRX will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Nashville TN / So-KY / North-AL Second Annual Car Stereo GTG - Sunday - Sep 2, 20

3) Jeff (CBS13WRX) - 17 VW Jetta - TN

2017 Volkswagen Jetta SE

4th Place MECA Street @ 2018 Finals
2018 MECA Street Points Champion
Also least likely to starve, I have reserves.
CBS13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2018   #3

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,390 Times in 626 Posts
Rep Power: 26021 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Default Re: Nashville TN / So-KY / North-AL Second Annual Car Stereo GTG - Sunday - Sep 2, 20

Had a great time last year. Playing cornhole and talking trash was the best! I'm in!

4) Erin (ErinH) - 2006 Civic Sedan - AL

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2018   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 140 audiophile25 will become famous soon enoughaudiophile25 will become famous soon enoughaudiophile25 will become famous soon enoughaudiophile25 will become famous soon enoughaudiophile25 will become famous soon enoughaudiophile25 will become famous soon enough

I will definitely be there! I look forward to it every year now.

5) Michael (Audiophile25) - 2016 Scion iM - TN

Sound Team 6 : Team Audible Physics : Team Zapco
audiophile25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2018   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 130 SQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to all

I am tentative right now, but will most likely be there. I am withholding my name until I know more. If I decide to, 2013 Equus, OK.

Joe Wallis
2013 Hyundai Equus (Ghost)
Lexicon HU, Italia Hi-Fi BL-5 3-way Active, 4 BL-3 8" subwoofers, PHD 4075x for mids and tweets, 2260x for midbass, and 11100x for subs. Ask me about Italia Hi-Fi.
SQ Audi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2018   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 306 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

6) Chris (Hillbilly SQ) - 2014 Grand Cherokee - AR

I could have made it last year but was too depressed to make the trip after what happened to the Jeep. It still sounded the same and was safe to drive. Just looked like hell on the back end and had an exhaust tip bound up and sounding like a fart cannon. I've had to miss the first two of these because of stuff that happened at work and if I miss the third because of work I'm just gonna quit trying!

'16 single cab Ram Tradesman ST with HEMI...Pioneer avh-501ex...Helix dsp.2...Helix G-Five...Zapco ST-4X SQ...LPG 26na...Audiofrog gb25...Scanspeak Discovery 7"...Dayton HO12d4...MAKE DIYMA GREAT AGAIN!

Last edited by Hillbilly SQ; 04-11-2018 at 12:09 AM..
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2018   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 157 lashlee will become famous soon enoughlashlee will become famous soon enoughlashlee will become famous soon enoughlashlee will become famous soon enoughlashlee will become famous soon enoughlashlee will become famous soon enough

I'm gonna try to make it, I'm scheduled to work that Sunday. Will keep you posted.
lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2018   #8

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 26021 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashlee View Post
I'm gonna try to make it, I'm scheduled to work that Sunday. Will keep you posted.
Oh, well then count me out! Ugh!!!!

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 04-11-2018   #9

Importer / Exporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashlee View Post
It's a known GTG rule that all former grand prize winners must attend future events.

imjustjason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2018   #10
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 84 CBS13WRX will become famous soon enoughCBS13WRX will become famous soon enoughCBS13WRX will become famous soon enoughCBS13WRX will become famous soon enoughCBS13WRX will become famous soon enoughCBS13WRX will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post

I could have made it last year but was too depressed to make the trip after what happened to the Jeep. It still sounded the same and was safe to drive. Just looked like hell on the back end and had an exhaust tip bound up and sounding like a fart cannon. I've had to miss the first two of these because of stuff that happened at work and if I miss the third because of work I'm just gonna quit trying!
Did you edit out the poll for getting me to make cookies?

2017 Volkswagen Jetta SE

Old 04-11-2018   #11

Bikinpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS13WRX View Post
He must have. I saw that last night and was going to quote it. But, since it's been brought back up..

Dude, you HAVE to bring those cookies!

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 04-11-2018   #12
Upgrade Your Membership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinH View Post
He must have. I saw that last night and was going to quote it. But, since it's been brought back up..

Dude, you HAVE to bring those cookies!
You know how much work your car must need when all they mention are the cookies. But YES I am bringing my "not so famous but extremely delicious grown up chocolate chip cookies" I did not bring any of these last year to this GTG so they might like it if I do.

2017 Volkswagen Jetta SE

The Following User Says Thank You to CBS13WRX For This Useful Post:
audiophile25 (04-11-2018)
Old 04-11-2018   #13
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 120 mumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enough

Should be in our new place near Chattanooga which will shave about 3hrs off the drive

7) Eric (mumbles) - 2016 Mustang GT - GA
mumbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2018   #14

Bikinpunk

Kanye West is gonna make it!!!!!

Looking forward to hanging with you again, Eric. Also, not sure if you've seen this thread already but since you're so close I thought you might be interested:
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...st-2018-a.html

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 04-11-2018   #15
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 120 mumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Kanye West is gonna make it!!!!!

Looking forward to hanging with you again, Eric. Also, not sure if you've seen this thread already but since you're so close I thought you might be interested:
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...st-2018-a.html
Not gonna lie, that kind of hurt I preferred it when you thought my screen name was a Dick Tracy reference

I may be travelling for work during that time frame, so haven't signed up yet... if I can make it I will!
mumbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2018   #16

Bikinpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
Not gonna lie, that kind of hurt I preferred it when you thought my screen name was a Dick Tracy reference

I may be travelling for work during that time frame, so haven't signed up yet... if I can make it I will!

I thought you were the one who brought up the Kanye reference. But, heck, I'll stick with the Dick Tracy one from now on. LOL.

Regardless of all that joking around, it'll be good to see you at this meet and the other one too (if you can make it).

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 04-11-2018   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 306 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I did because I didn't want to come across as "pushy". But after watching us tear them up you pretty much have to nowThey're in the same category as fun dip and hobo beans.

'16 single cab Ram Tradesman ST with HEMI...Pioneer avh-501ex...Helix dsp.2...Helix G-Five...Zapco ST-4X SQ...LPG 26na...Audiofrog gb25...Scanspeak Discovery 7"...Dayton HO12d4...MAKE DIYMA GREAT AGAIN!
Old 04-11-2018   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
Should be in our new place near Chattanooga which will shave about 3hrs off the drive

Maybe your system will be operational...time to get a simple amp and start bypassing stuff in the chain until you find out what the real problem is.

Old 04-11-2018   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 140 audiophile25 will become famous soon enoughaudiophile25 will become famous soon enoughaudiophile25 will become famous soon enoughaudiophile25 will become famous soon enoughaudiophile25 will become famous soon enoughaudiophile25 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
You know how much work your car must need when all they mention are the cookies. But YES I am bringing my "not so famous but extremely delicious grown up chocolate chip cookies" I did not bring any of these last year to this GTG so they might like it if I do.
Those Cookies were awesome! We definitely need you to bring those.

Old 04-11-2018   #20
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 116 bigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enough

Hells ya I'm there! Now I have to figure what to bring.

8) Kelly (bigbubba) - We'll see - TN

"My BBQ joint closed, so I will have to find a new source for BBQ"

Nooooo!!!!
I can talk to the guys at Blue Moon BBQ in Lebanon if you like.

Last edited by bigbubba; 04-11-2018 at 06:11 PM..
bigbubba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2018   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbubba View Post

Nooooo!!!!
I can talk to the guys at Blue Moon BBQ in Lebanon if you like.

That is a scary proposition!

Old 04-11-2018   #22

Bikinpunk

Oh no! My stomach is already bubbling just thinking about that place.

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 04-11-2018   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Quote:
Oh no! My stomach is already bubbling just thinking about that place.
Didn't several of you get bad sick like an upper/lower GI virus after eating there a couple years ago during the Vinny?

Old 04-11-2018   #24
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 116 bigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enough

Ok....fine. But don't say I didn't offer.

All kidding aside. Looking forward to this meet.

bigbubba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2018   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 157 lashlee will become famous soon enoughlashlee will become famous soon enoughlashlee will become famous soon enoughlashlee will become famous soon enoughlashlee will become famous soon enoughlashlee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustjason View Post
It's a known GTG rule that all former grand prize winners must attend future events.
I know!!! Especially since I'm still using them and need to show them off.
lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement