DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Central/North AL GTG- Nov 10

6K views 93 replies 11 participants last post by  mumbles 
#1 · (Edited)
BigAl's Third Annual Big Birthday Bash!

I would like to invite everyone over to listen to some cool audio systems, hang out and cut up with your friends, and help me celebrate my Birthday (actually the 12th). We will probably also have a pre-meet and tuning session the night before.

The place: My house in Hayden, AL (about 25 miles north of Birmingham)
The date: Saturday, November 10
The time: 9AM to 9PM

Optional things to bring:
- your favorite demo music
- a folding chair
- a camera
- Tools and tuning equipment
- a friend
- a canopy

I hope to see you there!

#47 ·
I still need to get the sub mounted and playing to get the soft parts limbered up. When it stops storming I'll get serious on the tune now that the correct dash mat showed up. I am liking how the 3-way front is jiving with the gb25's getting a Scanspeak sammich. I knew they'd match up well with each other.

#49 ·
yooooo. sorry to post a repetitive question, but Ive got a sh****y signal and trying to scroll up to see where this throw down is happening is taking forever. Im down in Mobile, though spent a few years in huntsville, fayetteville....till work brought me here. the morons turning wrenches down here killed my ranger, so Ive got the inside of the emergency purchase gutted to swap the system over, and ill be lookin for an excuse to make a drive that weekend to put it through the paces. A Gen 3 Camry with 80k miles on it. The car aint much, but after droppibg $10k to customize a truck they just destroyed, im lucky to have anything.

so yeah, sounds like just the ticket...

#55 ·
Any of you dudes have a need for speaker stands? I'm clearing out my attic today and have decided to just sell the stands I have instead of keeping them another 4 years.

I have two regular speaker stands. bought from Aperion Audio yeaaaaars ago.

The other is a Sanus SFC22-B1 center channel stand. If anyone coming to the meet is interested, I'd make you a killer deal.

Aperion L/R stands: $50
Sanus Center Stand: $50 ($140 MSRP)

#56 ·
Hey guys, I need some luck here, so if everyone could speak to their respective deity on my behalf... :laugh:

Some of you may recall I never made it to Jasons Nashville GTG because my car broke down about 5 miles from the meet :mad: During that situation, one of my aftermarket wheels was damaged and not safe to drive on, so I ordered a new wheel. Well, almost two months later, I get the wheel and it has the wrong offset and won't fit on the car :mad: :mad:

I still have my factory wheels that I'm planning on putting on, but it's supposed to be raining here all week, and I don't have a dry space to work in :(

Basically, I need some well wishes from you guys so the weather dries up... help a brutha out! :rolleyes:

#58 ·
I know you don't want to but if it's just a lite rain with no lightning you can do the wheel swap in it. Or just put one of the stock wheels on and gimp it to the nearest shop with a lift.

#65 ·
Are any of you guys interested in me doing some tuning/help with tuning on your system? If so, I'll need to bring my laptop with the RTA stuff. If you can tell me what DSP you have I can go ahead and load the software on my laptop, if I have time, so I can work with my own laptop (which would be easier on me) and RTA at the same time.

Al, do you have a table or work bench we can use for any tuning sessions if needed and maybe an external monitor (VGA preferably)?

#69 ·
I'm looking for honest structural criticism on my tune and any tips to fix it. I learn by doing. I don't think it will be too far off but my ears aren't nearly as trained as they could be. As far as I know Minidsp software can only be downloaded if you own a unit or have an owner's username and password. I need to get the tune dialed as far as I can then get someone in the passenger seat about my size to see if me sitting in the passenger seat throws off the tune much if any. Guess I'll try to meet Dad for lunch on Thursday or Friday.

That said, who wants to grab a bite Friday night? Not sure who all is traveling and staying in a room Friday but last year me, Al, Bertholomy, Jacob from Sundown and Nick from SI met up and it was a total riot. Oh, anyone heard from Blake?

#72 ·
Well I am not going to make it out. We have some winter weather coming in and I would rather be close to my family then 600 miles away. Happy Birthday Al! I hate that I am going to miss this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.