Central/North AL GTG- Nov 10 - Page 4 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2018   #76

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,019 Times in 479 Posts
Rep Power: 26016 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Default Re: Central/North AL GTG- Nov 10

Dudes, it's gonna be cooooooold on Saturday.
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/35079:4:US

Good weather for sitting inside cars but not so much for standing outside talking. So dress in layers.

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2018   #77
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 298 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinH View Post
Chris, play with angling the mids toward the windshield (not toward the listener). Make the cone's angle parallel the windshield angle. See if that helps the issues you're having.
The locations won't let me do it behind the grilleIt's mostly solved by letting the tweeters play pretty low. I might be able to angle a pair of gb15's like that though.

'16 single cab Ram Tradesman ST with HEMI...Pioneer avh-501ex...Helix dsp.2...Helix G-Five...Zapco ST-4X SQ...LPG 26na...Audiofrog gb25...Scanspeak Discovery 7"...IDQ12v4d4...Tread lightly-you never know what someone is going through until you have to walk in their shoes
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2018   #78
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 298 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

As of now here's my demo cd/file.

Billy Joel-Honesty
Huey Lewis-Heart And Soul
Coolio-1,2,3,4
Metallica-The Unforgiven
Sevendust-Xmas Day
System Of A Down-Chop Suey!
Chen Xiao Ping-The Sound Of Silence
Cher-Just Like Jesse James
Steely Dan-Hey Nineteen
Alan Parsons Project-The Turn Of A Friendly Care:The Ace Of Swords
Hank Williams Jr-A Country Boy Can Survive
Chen Xiao Ping-La Isla Bonita
Susan Tedeschi-Friars Point
William Tell Overture

If you haven't listened to any of Chen Xiao Ping's stuff they're an awesome Chinese group that seems to do a lot of acoustical covers of songs from other nations. Just one of those tresures I would have never found if it wouldn't have been sent to me by a good buddy to stumble on.

'16 single cab Ram Tradesman ST with HEMI...Pioneer avh-501ex...Helix dsp.2...Helix G-Five...Zapco ST-4X SQ...LPG 26na...Audiofrog gb25...Scanspeak Discovery 7"...IDQ12v4d4...Tread lightly-you never know what someone is going through until you have to walk in their shoes

Old 11-08-2018   #79
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Also, forgot to mention my headunit plays cd's a flac files...I'm 99% sure on the flac files anyway. No more watching someone trying to find the cd player that doesn't exist or watching them try to make my headunit play files I just told them it wouldn't play seconds before. USB and CD and play anything you want in there as long as it's not clipped bass tracks. If something blows up I obviously failed at tuning the system for anything and everything.

Old 11-08-2018   #80
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 116 mumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enough

My good news is that I managed to get all four wheels changed... in the rain (after the lightning quit).

My bad news is my system sounds like dog poo... Hopefully Erin can help remedy that on Saturday.
mumbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to mumbles For This Useful Post:
BigAl205 (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018   #81
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
My good news is that I managed to get all four wheels changed... in the rain (after the lightning quit).

My bad news is my system sounds like dog poo... Hopefully Erin can help remedy that on Saturday.
Sweet! I bet he has it sounding better than mine does right now PDQ. Still think the Ram in its current state sounds better than the Jeep did with the 2-way stretched to the ragged edge of the usable range in the locations used. Midrange is more pronounced and locked in and I'm not used to that

Old 11-08-2018   #82

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 26016 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 11-09-2018   #83
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 116 mumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
Sweet! I bet he has it sounding better than mine does right now PDQ. Still think the Ram in its current state sounds better than the Jeep did with the 2-way stretched to the ragged edge of the usable range in the locations used. Midrange is more pronounced and locked in and I'm not used to that
I dunno brother... If I could describe your system for the Jeep in one word, it would be SMOOTH!
Old 11-09-2018   #84
Upgrade Your Membership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinH View Post
Where do you come up with these awesome gifs?
Old 11-11-2018   #85

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 624 BigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay guys, I had a great time yesterday. Thanks to all who came out, it was good seeing you again along with the normal GTG banter. Chris, Jason, Eric, Paul, Erin, Scott...always a great time. Robert, it was nice meeting you, and I hope you attend more.

Thanks again for making it a fun birthday.

BigAl205 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2018   #86
Upgrade Your Membership!

Agreed ^^ a little chilly, but had a great time nonetheless! Met a few new folks and listened to some good systems.

A shout out to everyone that provided input on mine and thanks to Erin (the dog whisperer ) for his tuning skills!
Old 11-11-2018   #87
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

It was great seeing old friends again and meeting a couple new people. Happy b-day Al! I'm getting woke up now and not far from hitting the road.

Old 11-11-2018   #88
Upgrade Your Membership!

Hope you have a safe, uneventful trip home Chris!
Old 11-11-2018   #89
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Trip was pretty uneventful. I did figure out why my gas mileage was sucking so bad on the interstate. 87 octane in a HEMI is acceptable but not preferred. Put 15 gallons of 93 on top of the 87 that was still in the 26 gallon tank and mileage shot up 3mpg! All at once it jumped up from 18 to 21mpg. The HEMI in my 11 Ram was bad picky on gas too. Before anyone calls me an idiot the HEMI is tuned to run best on 89 octane. To my knowledge that's how they get 395hp out of it. With 87 timing is pulled back and more gas gets burned. And if memory serves you also lose around 40hp.

Old 11-12-2018   #90

Bikinpunk

Thanks for hosting the meet, Al! I had a good time hanging out with friends.

Time Delay Calculator:
The Following User Says Thank You to ErinH For This Useful Post:
BigAl205 (11-12-2018)
Old 11-12-2018   #91

Bikinpunk

Quote:
A shout out to everyone that provided input on mine and thanks to Erin (the dog whisperer ) for his tuning skills!
Absolutely, man! You have a good starting point. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Oh, and that dog was cool. I was tempted to take him home with me.

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 11-12-2018   #92
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 159 Coppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of light

Happy Birthday Al and I’m hopeful that you got all that you deserved.

(2.5GT) Limited Legacy / Pioneer 4800BS /Audison APK-165
Turbocharged / 6 speed / awd/ goodness ( For SALE )

(2018) Accord 2.0T Touring (10speed) turbocharged
Coppertone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Coppertone For This Useful Post:
BigAl205 (11-12-2018)
Old 11-12-2018   #93
DIYMA 500 Club

Human (not a robot)

Rep Power: 163 Notloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really nice

Those sure are some great pictures you got there. /s

NCSQ
Notloudenuf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2018   #94
Upgrade Your Membership!

I'm serious! You should have seen Scotts Lexus RC built by Audio X... probably one of the most beautiful and unique trunk displays I've seen! I was hoping someone had taken pix!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement