2019 NCSQ Meet: 3-5 MAY 2019 - LOCATION CHANGED - Page 22 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2019   #526

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,031 Times in 483 Posts
Rep Power: 26016 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Default Re: 2019 NCSQ Meet: 3-5 MAY 2019 - LOCATION CHANGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naiku View Post
Fall meet you say?

I realize a bit far for some of you guys to drive, but putting this out there now so people can prepare with plenty of time.

That's a little too far for me. Jason's house is right at the ragged edge of how far I'm willing to drive this old civic for a meet.

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2019   #527
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 300 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinH View Post
That's a little too far for me. Jason's house is right at the ragged edge of how far I'm willing to drive this old civic for a meet.
I'm thinking about retiring from the 12.5 hour drive each way myself. While my truck basically drove itself tracking straight as an arrow with very little floating going on it still took more out of me than I care to admit. Jeff and Eric both said they were thinking about putting on a meet and I think their location in East Tennessee is a good central area for several clusters of us SQ nerds. I think Jeff is on the Eastern tip of TN anyway

'16 single cab Ram Tradesman ST with HEMI...Pioneer avh-501ex...Helix dsp.2...Helix G-Five...Zapco ST-4X SQ...LPG 26na...Audiofrog gb25...Scanspeak Discovery 7"...IDQ12v4d4...Tread lightly-you never know what someone is going through until you have to walk in their shoes
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2019   #528
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 300 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

So, reflecting on the feedback I got on my truck there were a couple small technical things pointed out to me that were easily fixed. Overall the structural criticism was mainly people telling me the subwoofer wasn't to their tastes. Mostly it was...sub to hot, not enough subwoofer, center pulling a hair to the left, center pulling a hair to the right. I consider that a win on my part. At least we know I can build a decently good sounding vehicle two times in a row. I don't have a reference setup at the house so that's why I said a few days before the meet that I think I've taken my tune as far as I can without trained ears giving feedback. Mission accomplished and mucho thanks to those who took time to help get it more dialed in tonally. For those who aren't experienced with a single cab truck they can be a real PITA to dial in especially in the sub-midbass area. I could probably cross the sub at 50 and midbass at 100 and still have to make cuts in the 60-80hz range. Hopefully no one felt like they were doing a "mercy demo" and if you thought you were walking into one of those I hope your mind was changed when you heard it. If not, that's cool too. I only mention the "mercy demo" because it was mentioned in the NCSQ podcast.

Also, reflecting on other cars I listened to I didn't hear a single bad sounding car there. I also didn't expect a very simple install to compete with a purpose-built sq car with a zillion watts and all the processing power one would ever need. That's what makes these meets so great though. We get people in all stages of the hobby and from all walks of life.

'16 single cab Ram Tradesman ST with HEMI...Pioneer avh-501ex...Helix dsp.2...Helix G-Five...Zapco ST-4X SQ...LPG 26na...Audiofrog gb25...Scanspeak Discovery 7"...IDQ12v4d4...Tread lightly-you never know what someone is going through until you have to walk in their shoes

Last edited by Hillbilly SQ; 05-12-2019 at 08:58 AM..

Old 05-12-2019   #529
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 116 mumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enoughmumbles will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
At least we know I can build a decently good sounding vehicle two times in a row.
Dude, I've always been impressed with your tuning going all the way back to Grayson and Allys meet in Atlanta, so technically, that would be three in a row. Your systems have been very musical with great dynamics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
Jeff and Eric both said they were thinking about putting on a meet and I think their location in East Tennessee is a good central area for several clusters of us SQ nerds. I think Jeff is on the Eastern tip of TN anyway
Out place is actually in Ga, near Trenton. Was thinking about early Oct, but not sure when Finals are? Anyway, have a big shop with plenty of parking and would love to have folks over!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ShopPic.jpg (131.0 KB, 16 views)

All the world's a stage...
mumbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mumbles For This Useful Post:
Notloudenuf (05-12-2019), nyquistrate (05-15-2019)
Old 05-13-2019   #530
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
Dude, I've always been impressed with your tuning going all the way back to Grayson and Allys meet in Atlanta, so technically, that would be three in a row. Your systems have been very musical with great dynamics!
It was the technical stuff like l/r eq and overcompensating with time alignment when l/r eq was the problem that I had a bad reputation for in the past. Tonally I always thought it was at least passable. This is why I made sure to get as many people in my truck as possible at this meet. Needed to show everyone that I've made a big effort to learn how to tune at least semi-properly. It has more in it for sure. Still haven't fixed that connection issue at the midbass amp. Will do that when I'm off again later in the week. Might have to get reinforcements over to help pull the box to get to the amp.

Old 05-17-2019   #531

Rep Power: 31 court will become famous soon enoughcourt will become famous soon enoughcourt will become famous soon enoughcourt will become famous soon enoughcourt will become famous soon enoughcourt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
Hi court... what year/model Audi do you own? I recently picked up a NavTV ZEN-V for my B9 S5 (https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT860/zen-v.html). It's not cheap, but it allows for either 12 RCA level or Optical into whatever DSP you decide to go with.
Mumbles I checked out that link above. Unfortnately its not compatible with my car.

2015 Jeep Renegade (Kenwood DD, Arc Audio Component, Arc Audio Coaxial, Arc Audio 450.4, Skar Audio Evl 15)
2013 Audi S5 (ID MAX 10, Arc Audio XDi 1100.1, Audio Control Loci2, Arc Audio 600.4)
court is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #532
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Just giving a little update about that little midbass issue I was having. Turned out to be a bad y-splitter. I'm about to order all new cables for processor to amps just for the sake of having all new in there. The ones from headunit to processor were new when installed. The splitters were just some cheap Soundquest cables I got from Darvex probably 10 years ago.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hillbilly SQ For This Useful Post:
Notloudenuf (4 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #533
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 209 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

Haha. Great memory of this year’s meet..
My workout for Jason 7:30AM

Steve’s modified workout

I think the Captain had the right idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2008 Civic Si Sedan - Fiio X5ii SPDIF, Phone USB HEC, Helix DSP Pro-2, Helix Director, JL XD1000/5v2 (2), Audiofrog GB10/GB25/GB60, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Babs For This Useful Post:
bbfoto (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #534
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 367 bbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
Haha. Great memory of this year’s meet..
My workout for Jason 7:30AM...

Steve’s modified workout...

I think the Captain had the right idea.
+1

ROTFL! Classic!

When combined, I think that those two routines balance out pretty well actually.
bbfoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement