Phoenix Arizona area - anyone else out here? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2019   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Wave Shepherd

Rep Power: 278 Justin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Arrow Phoenix Arizona area - anyone else out here?

I recently moved to the Phoenix, AZ area and I don't see any competitions scheduled nearby. Are any of you over in this area? I miss having audio buddies nearby!

-JZ

Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
-My 2002 VW Golf stealth SQ build (an engineering student's perspective)
-Jazzi's tuning companion for Room EQ Wizard (help you tune a dsp)
Master's Degree in Acoustics at Penn State (20% complete)
Justin Zazzi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Zazzi For This Useful Post:
Second Skin (5 Days Ago)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2019   #2

Rep Power: 59 jdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Phoenix Arizona area - anyone else out here?

I am but you already know that ....

We need to go rzr riding again soon....once the 100+ degree days go away or go up to the mountains!

2014 F150 Limited -> Factory HU programmed for 4v outputs -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, SI TM65 mk3, & JL TW3. Rears: SB17's. Resonix 35% CLD and 100% CCF, 100% MLV, Soon: PDX-F6 and SI M3 in Valicar Stuttgart pods
jdunk54nl is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2019   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Wave Shepherd

Rep Power: 278 Justin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Dude I have to share the photos from that trip with you.
Also, need to do that again sometime. I still can't believe how much awesome.

Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.

Old 07-01-2019   #4

Rep Power: 34 vet883 will become famous soon enoughvet883 will become famous soon enoughvet883 will become famous soon enoughvet883 will become famous soon enoughvet883 will become famous soon enoughvet883 will become famous soon enough

I live in Tempe , but work on camelback in Phoenix.been here for years . Never seen a gtg or sq event. Seen spl events but thatís all really.
vet883 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2019   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
MSC America / Mobile Solutions
Position:
Director of Technical Support and Training

Rep Power: 103 dobslob will become famous soon enoughdobslob will become famous soon enoughdobslob will become famous soon enoughdobslob will become famous soon enoughdobslob will become famous soon enoughdobslob will become famous soon enough

Live in Chandler, work in Mesa. Not much for competition around here in years. But the market is huge for people interested in great sound. It just doesn't seem like the competitions are wanted. The last promoter we had in the area was surrounded by controversy and everything just fizzled after that.

Doug Dobson
Director of Technical Support MSC America
P 480.372.2929 C 480.466.6024
dobslob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2019   #6

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,342 Times in 612 Posts
Rep Power: 26021 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Justin, I imagine you've already looked in to it but just in case you haven't, you might want to dig through the old AZ meet threads and see if any of those folks are still active in the hobby by shooting them an email or PM through the site. I know some of the guys I knew in that area aren't active on the forums but I'm told are still in the hobby in one way or another. Maybe reach out to Don (buzzman) and see what he's up to these days; he seemed to be the nucleus for the area for a period of time.

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...hlight=phoenix

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...eet-greet.html

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2019   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Wave Shepherd

Hello Doug! I've briefly visited Mobile Solutions during a training and it is a super dangerous place, I could buy one of everything in that shop! I'm happy to see there is a lot of collaboration going on there and a lot of very high-level teaching too. Super classy stuff.

Hi vet883, send me a PM sometime if you'd like to swap stories or meet up for some ramen.

Erin, great idea and thank you for the links. I'll go see what Don is up to.

Old 07-07-2019   #8

Rep Power: 34 vet883 will become famous soon enoughvet883 will become famous soon enoughvet883 will become famous soon enoughvet883 will become famous soon enoughvet883 will become famous soon enoughvet883 will become famous soon enough

PM sent
Old 07-07-2019   #9

Rep Power: 59 jdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enough

I'd love to join that meetup! Justin has my cell so Just let me know when....hopefully my truck will be out of the shop by then....

2014 F150 Limited -> Factory HU programmed for 4v outputs -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, SI TM65 mk3, & JL TW3. Rears: SB17's. Resonix 35% CLD and 100% CCF, 100% MLV, Soon: PDX-F6 and SI M3 in Valicar Stuttgart pods
Old 07-08-2019   #10

Rep Power: 68 GEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enough

I live in Scottsdale, but am not really interested in competitions.
GEM592 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2019   #11

I can meet this weekend . Saturday eve ? Next weekend working.
Old 07-09-2019   #12

Hi Justin. I think my pm wasnít delivered. Wasnít being rude. Maybe something in settings .
Iím open to meeting .
Old 07-09-2019   #13

Gem, Iíve never entered a audio competition. Havenít had an RTA done yet either. Just enjoying music, and the ability to get lost in it
Old 07-10-2019   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Wave Shepherd

No worries!
I'm also happy with an informal get-together, no competition needed.

This Saturday evening sounds good!
I love food, so getting together for a meal is my favorite kind of speaker geekin'

How about 6pm at Ramen Dozo on the corner of McClintock and Southern in Tempe?

Old 07-10-2019   #15

I will sadly have to miss. It is my friends and I's annual motorcycle trip this weekend.

Old 07-10-2019   #16

Great. Iím be there at six .
Old 07-10-2019   #17

Used to live in apartments next to there .
Old 07-11-2019   #18

Rep Power: 68 GEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enough

I could do that. I am an old school guy, and don't have a beauty install or a big car. But it is solid and sounds OK.
GEM592 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2019   #19

Great 👍 .love to meet you guys . .
Old 07-12-2019   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 370 bbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Zazzi View Post
I recently moved to the Phoenix, AZ area and I don't see any competitions scheduled nearby. Are any of you over in this area? I miss having audio buddies nearby!

-JZ
Hey Justin, I'm not sure about competitions, but COO of Morel America, Casey Thorson, lives in nearby Chandler, AZ now. He's a super chill guy and has a great little system in his VW Passat. He usually goes to any local IASCA/MECA shows and other meets to demo & promote product.

EMAIL: casey AT morelamerica DOT com
(877) 667-3511 xt708

Last edited by bbfoto; 07-12-2019 at 05:02 PM..
bbfoto is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2019   #21
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 359 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

I believe Mikey Guthrie (Pro Audio S-10, Passat, S4 infamy) is in the area as well. I'm not sure how much he is on DIYMA anymore. He is somewhat active on FB again, if you're willing to wade into that cesspool.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS | Helix DSP.2 | Zapco Z-150.6 AP + Z-400.2 AP (x2) | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Raven 10XL (x2)
2015 MECA SQL Street | 2017 & 2018 MECA Modex California State Champion
Sonic Electronix Discount Code: hutsell
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2019   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
MSC America / Mobile Solutions
Position:
Director of Technical Support and Training

Rep Power: 103 dobslob will become famous soon enoughdobslob will become famous soon enoughdobslob will become famous soon enoughdobslob will become famous soon enoughdobslob will become famous soon enoughdobslob will become famous soon enough

This would have been great, but my Audi is at the dealership and they want to keep it over the weekend.

Doug Dobson
Director of Technical Support MSC America
P 480.372.2929 C 480.466.6024
dobslob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2019   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

Wave Shepherd

bbfoto, thanks for the referral to Casey, I sent him a message.

rton20s, I don't facebook.

Doug, don't worry about your car. I'm mostly interested in some good Japanese food and meeting some new friends! There will be other dinners soon where we can see your car too.

The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Zazzi For This Useful Post:
bbfoto (07-12-2019)
Old 07-13-2019   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

Wave Shepherd

I'm heading to the restaurant soon. I'll be wearing a blue shirt.

Old 07-13-2019   #25

Any body here at ramen dozo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement