I'm not so familiar with electronic components and their names/symbols.

About the pot - physically you need two separate pots for both controls. So as long as this pot can control both of his "gangs" separately (push/pull) it is ok.

And to the switch - again don't know the proper names but you'll need a swith that will switch between two inputs into one output. Physically you need to put OR the +3.3V OR the Ground to Pin 5. It's made to avoid any undefined state.