Quote:
Originally Posted by brumledb View Post
Yeah, I am starting back at square one. I am going to focus on making sure I have everything dialed in with REW before trying to utilize TDA again.

I'll probably post over in the REW dump thread once I get to work on it. Try to get some opinions and make sure everything is copacetic before proceeding further. I may be going to the big SQ show at College Station in June, so I have to get a good tune in, lest I be embarrassed to demo my truck.

And my new Cross Spectrum UMIK just arrived, time to get to tuning!
Your gonna have fun with the UMIK-1. I suggest trying the method I sent you in the youtube vids for quick measurements in RTA, comparing sides, setting levels and knocking down peaks to get the drivers looking like each other. I know folks are advocates for sweeps for accuracy, so to each his own. RTA averaging in REW is quick and ugly and kinda gets it down at about 1/12 smoothing.

One way I've done it is to measure one side (side 1), go after the nasties with EQ to get a good looking response, save the plot, go to the other side 2, repeat, save, and compare to side 1. I might go back/forth between them a couple times with end goal in mind of a good plot and matching plots. I find if I distance myself from trying to reach any "curve" at this point it works better.. By working on curve stuff afterwards when multiple drivers are playing (sides, pairs, groups), AFTER TA and centering of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brumledb View Post
Looking good. I would be curious to see how your sub delay would change by using a 2nd order butterworth.
Interesting result here.. I switched to butterworth and had to back off on delay then flip the sub 180 to phase in. Without researching the difference in butterworth vs LR filters, I assume it's the nature of difference between them, but it dialed in nicely.

All said, I have to refrain from having more tuning fun and force myself to tear it down.. Pillars for the 3-way and an IB wall to do. So I can really boogie in the door mids when they no longer have to pull midrange duty above 400ish.